Artis offered by Kent?

lost 13-3 to revenna on tuesday and lost to field 4-3 in extras last night.... play stow tonight up at the high school with the sophmore knicely starting on the mound........ its gonna be a different story when we get artis back next week

lost 13-3 to revenna on tuesday and lost to field 4-3 in extras last night.... play stow tonight up at the high school with the sophmore knicely starting on the mound........ its gonna be a different story when we get artis back next week

Why? Is Artis pitching every game when he gets back?

ha i hope he wont pitch every game...... i was just saying its gonna help us alot having artis back it gives the team that dominant pitcher which we dont exactly have right now....... and no hes not hurt hes ineligible the first 5 games cause of his grades

ha i hope he wont pitch every game...... i was just saying its gonna help us alot having artis back it gives the team that dominant pitcher which we dont exactly have right now....... and no hes not hurt hes ineligible the first 5 games cause of his grades

Not good if he wants to be recruited by DI schools. Grades are a biggy.

hes still one of the top pitchers in the area/state. He will go somewhere trust me......... And plus if his overall gpa is decent and he scores decent on the ACT messing up on 1 grading period wont hurt him that bad..... he just needs to keep his head on straight i would hate to see a kid with that much talent throw it all away for being lazy and stupid!

u can get in with a 2.5........ and if ur throwing in the high 80's to low 90's they will make some exceptions im sure

If you have two recruits throwing high 80's to low 90's and one has a 3.2 -3.5 GPA and the other has a 2.5, who do you think they are going to offer money to?

if is kid throwing in the high 80's to low 90's and he has the grades and the act score to get into the school there going to offer him money regardless if his gpa is a 2.5.... and if the kid gets accepted into a school there going to offer him money...... the average gpa on akrons baseball team is a 2.7. they look for talent and not so much grades... dont get me wrong if a kids gpa is a 2.0 there not going to accept him but if hes a 2.5 and a decent student he shouldn't have a problem

if is kid throwing in the high 80's to low 90's and he has the grades and the act score to get into the school there going to offer him money regardless if his gpa is a 2.5.... and if the kid gets accepted into a school there going to offer him money...... the average gpa on akrons baseball team is a 2.7. they look for talent and not so much grades... dont get me wrong if a kids gpa is a 2.0 there not going to accept him but if hes a 2.5 and a decent student he shouldn't have a problem

That 2.7 for the Akron U baseball team is a college GPA, not a high school one. Don't kid yourself about having just enough grades to get into the school. And everyone doesn't get money, preferred walkon's don't.

And my example was if you have two kids and everything else being equal, grades will win out, everytime.

I agree PRide. IF a kid is an absolute beast and had some issues in his life during the time he had a down spin in his grades, that can probably be overlooked to an extent, but if his trend is to just cruise through, I would lean exactly where Pride is on this one. Regardless, I hope the kid gets hismself in line and gets to throw for the Flashes.

Stats from tonight's game. Zack Artis pitched a gem he went 6 innings striking out 10 while only allowing 2 hits and he walked 4. Cory Campano went 3 for 4 with 3 singles. Andrew Myers hit a double and scored 2 runs. Josh Yeager went 1 for 3 while scoring 3 runs. Rusell Kline hit a double and had a RBI. And Cody Martin had 4 RBI, while also playing well in the field. They beat cloverleaf 8-3.

Stats from tonight's game. Zack Artis pitched a gem he went 6 innings striking out 10 while only allowing 2 hits and he walked 4. Cory Campano went 3 for 4 with 3 singles. Andrew Myers hit a double and scored 2 runs. Josh Yeager went 1 for 3 while scoring 3 runs. Rusell Kline hit a double and had a RBI. And Cody Martin had 4 RBI, while also playing well in the field. They beat cloverleaf 8-3.

Always good to beat up on Cloverleaf :).

It's baseball, anything is possible. I haven't seen Massillon play for the past two years, so I can't tell ya.

The first game was winnable too. Ellet gave up 2 unearned runs in the 1st inning (first baseman dropped the third out, then Hoover got two runs) In the sixth inning the game was 2-1. Artis starting losing a little velocity and NC took advantage of it. All in all two great games.

Not as unbeatable as they started out to be.

Losses that I know of:

South Canton
Tallmadge
Lake (twice)
Ellet

I think there are a couple of other losses.