Article: Luther rumbles for five touchdowns as Lake defeats Green

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
LAKE TWP.: Jim Luther is tired of mediocrity. On his first chance to show how much better Lake can be this season, the senior tailback shined.

Luther rushed for 162 yards and scored a career-high five touchdowns, including one on defense, in Lake's 44-14 win over Green on Friday. The Blue Streaks' defense forced five turnovers and returned two of them for scores to beat the Bulldogs in the opener for the third consecutive season.

Luther, the senior who rushed for 1,320 yards and 20 touchdowns last season, scored on runs of 12, 13, 46 and 37 yards. He added a 67-yard score off a fumble recovery on Green's first possession to help the Blue Streaks to a 20-0 lead after the first quarter.

''We've had back-to-back 5-5 seasons,'' Luther said. ''That's not going to happen this year. The seniors, we're not going to let it happen.''

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high_school/101699813.html

I can't believe Stacey actually said that in the paper,pretty dumb on his part.He sounds like a few Green posters on here.I thought one of them would have said it not their fearless leader.If he wants to tell his team that ,fine tell them in the locker.By putting it in the papers he looks like a sore loser.

I understand he was upset with his teams play but what is his team supposed to think?They were just whipped and their coach says that that team wasn't that good.No wonder they have stunk since he's been there.

I can't believe Stacey actually said that in the paper,pretty dumb on his part.He sounds like a few Green posters on here.I thought one of them would have said it not their fearless leader.If he wants to tell his team that ,fine tell them in the locker.By putting it in the papers he looks like a sore loser.

I understand he was upset with his teams play but what is his team supposed to think?They were just whipped and their coach says that that team wasn't that good.No wonder they have stunk since he's been there.

Our loss wasnt Stacy's fault, It was the teams fault, we did not take care of the ball. tackling was awful, just to name a few.

I agree it wasn't all his fault.The players have to make the plays but he didn't seem to have them too prepared on defense which would be his fault.Lake scoredevery time they had the ball except the final drive of the half.Lake could have easily put 50 or 60 on the board but what was the point in that?I said he should have never said that in the paper though.

The Cundiff kid had a nice game until he was hurt.He made a few nice tackles on defense and he did a nice job with his fakes at qb.He threw the one pick on the play he was injured but Reed covered went a long way to get that pick.I do hope he is ok.

Since you are calming down alittle haha.I will apologize for the comment about #69.I never said the kid was a waste as whomever said I did.I just said his size was.A kid with that size should be getting looks at every college in the country with that size.He definitely should be starting at his high school but he obviously is pretty raw at the game.I shouldn't have brought it up though.

Goodluck to you and your Bulldogs the rest of the season.

Last edited: