Are you a true West Sider??

I heard the new restaurant in the old Delhi Chili building finally opened. Anyone eaten there yet?
I had a friend eat there day 2 of it being opened. Said the food was pretty good, but they definitely didn't have the kinks worked out yet with service. He said they were pouring pop from 2 liters, and there were issues with the credit card machine. But things like that are to be expected when a restaurant first opens up.

The menu is more on the unique side as far as Cincy area Mexican restaurants, which I think is great.

1714049650639.png

1714049681224.png

I had a friend eat there day 2 of it being opened. Said the food was pretty good, but they definitely didn't have the kinks worked out yet with service. He said they were pouring pop from 2 liters, and there were issues with the credit card machine. But things like that are to be expected when a restaurant first opens up.

The menu is more on the unique side as far as Cincy area Mexican restaurants, which I think is great.

View attachment 57830

View attachment 57831
I was in Dallas once on a business trip and asked one of the guys I was working with "where can I get good Mexican food?". He said "Let's ask Carlos". Carlos sent me to a place down the road with authentic Mexican food, no tacos, burritos, etc., I had never heard of anything on the menu. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and it was some of the best food I ever had. It came with about five different sauces and everyone was great.

I was in Dallas once on a business trip and asked one of the guys I was working with "where can I get good Mexican food?". He said "Let's ask Carlos". Carlos sent me to a place down the road with authentic Mexican food, no tacos, burritos, etc., I had never heard of anything on the menu. I asked the waitress for a recommendation and it was some of the best food I ever had. It came with about five different sauces and everyone was great.
I have done the same thing when I was teaching, I'd ask the Mexican students for "real Mexican food." Man, the places they would recommend were always trucks in shady parking lots, but the food was amazing..... not sure if it's still there, but the truck at the bottom of Quebec was one of those spots and fantastic. They did have tacos, but they were authentic tacos, with meats like goat or cow tongue. Absolutely delicious.

It's now been one year since the traffic calming measures were installed on Glenway Ave. What are your thoughts?
It goes slower than I'd like around PHC, but it's not a world ender. People still do stupid things like speed through the left-turn lane and whip around on the right. Saw someone nearly tear through one of the barriers a few weeks ago and then have the nerve to be upset I didn't let them back over. 😂

I'm sure there have been less accidents, so that's a good thing.

Maybe now we can get the fuzz to actually enforce school zones. Saw some one nearly hit a teacher running a red light at about 45 earlier this week at St. Al's on Bridgetown. Some a z z whipped around me on Glenway in front of Lourdes this morning too. You have to be a real shart to disregard school zones.

Green Township could double the annual revenue to the township by ticketing people who speed through school zones. It's gotta be a 3:1 ratio of people who speed on Bridgetown past St. Jude and Rost vs. people who slow down. It's even worse for Harrison Ave in front of St. Bernard--that alone could have funded the Colerain police levy.

Green Township could double the annual revenue to the township by ticketing people who speed through school zones. It's gotta be a 3:1 ratio of people who speed on Bridgetown past St. Jude and Rost vs. people who slow down. It's even worse for Harrison Ave in front of St. Bernard--that alone could have funded the Colerain police levy.
It's one of the biggest reasons I prefer to work from home because I'm so mad once I get to NKU. My route takes me past St. Jude, drop off at St. Al's and I often go by either Gamble on the Boulevard, Westwood on Harrison or Lourdes and all the others on Glenway.

You're right ... it seems nobody gives a crap.

Green Township is irritated by the St. Al's drop off and pickup line behind the school that can clog up Church Lane but there really isn't anything else to do if they won't enforce the school zone. We used to have it across the street in the big lot, but it's just too damn dangerous to cross Bridgetown because of how people treat the 20 MPH limit AND red lights.

Police don't seem to enforce much these days, and frankly I don't blame them because the prosecutors and judges don't impose any penalties whatsoever.

School zone problems are not an issue on just the west side. Most of the CPS high schools don't even have school zone signs, so cars fly past the schools. My sister in law lives a block away from Withrow and it's like the Indy 500 in the morning and at dismissal, it's miracle nobody has been killed. I know it's a huge issue at the other CPS high schools too...... people absolutely fly past Woodward in during drop-off and dismissal too.

It's also a huge problem in NKY, and again, no police anywhere.

I don't get why in some places there's not a dedicated police officer just pulling people over.... you would pay their salary easily and still have plenty leftover.

My older kids go to Turkey Foot Middle in NKY, and people go 60+ thru that school zone every single day. And the school zone there is 35, not even the 20 that most are. Again, it's very surprising that nobody has been killed.

And these sorts of complaints are made to authorities regularly like in Green Township, the City of Cincy, and whatnot, and everyone just pretty much throws their hands up saying "oh well."

Government officials love to say safety is their number 1 priority, yet won't even entertain the simplest solutions to actually keep people safe.

Recently, Green Township said they'd increase enforcement in front of St. Jude and Rost and I think it lasted for 2 days.

A few months ago, I slowed to 20 or 25 in the school zone in front of St. Bernard and had a Colerain police SUV pass me--had to be going at least 30 MPH.

Traffic control is at the bottom of police priorities these days.
So what is top of priorities? Because crime is rampant and not much gets done.

Again, I know much of it is out of their hands, but with traffic enforcement in areas, you could pay for more officers because the issues are that bad.

Again, I know much of it is out of their hands, but with traffic enforcement in areas, you could pay for more officers because the issues are that bad.

Talked with a Cbus cop a couple weeks back. A few things he said (take it for what it's worth):
  • No support to actually prosecute crimes.
  • Way understaffed - the "bureaucracy" plays with the #s to make the understaffing look not as bad as it is.
  • So they have a hard time filling shifts or filing them adequately.
  • A lot of cops are picking up extra shifts for the pay but they are burnt out.
  • He hinted at a reluctance to go after small things (traffic) when the "real criminals" are pretty much getting a free pass.

Talked with a Cbus cop a couple weeks back. A few things he said (take it for what it's worth):
  • No support to actually prosecute crimes.
  • Way understaffed - the "bureaucracy" plays with the #s to make the understaffing look not as bad as it is.
  • So they have a hard time filling shifts or filing them adequately.
  • A lot of cops are picking up extra shifts for the pay but they are burnt out.
  • He hinted at a reluctance to go after small things (traffic) when the "real criminals" are pretty much getting a free pass.
That's my experience with the 2 cops I know. 1 Sharonville, 1 Independence.

Hearing similar complaints with fire fighters and paramedics.

I need a little help. I will be going to Oak Hill for a dance recital and need to park as close as possible. Which location is the theater ?
1 - Gym ?
2 - ?
3 - ?
Or is the theater in another location ?

1714158644659.png

I need a little help. I will be going to Oak Hill for a dance recital and need to park as close as possible. Which location is the theater ?
1 - Gym ?
2 - ?
3 - ?
Or is the theater in another location ?

View attachment 57905
1 is the new gym, 3 is the old gym, 2 is library/ media center.

Looking at your map, you will see a lighter colored roof below where it days oak hills high school, to the left of your #3....closest to Ebenezer Rd. That's where you want to go in. The auditorium is right through those doors. There's a flag pole right outside the door there to help you out.

I have no idea what their top priority is but they sure don’t care about driving violations anymore.

Pretty good article covering both sides of the Trailside Village development in Green Township: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ent-moves-forward-green-township/73276572007/
“ Known as a conservation development, it is a private-public partnership aimed at preserving the natural features surrounding the Green Township Bike and Walk Trail. It is the first conservation development in Hamilton County.”

The first thing they did was cut down about a thousand trees. No attempt at all to retain even a couple of the mature trees on the property. Kind of odd for a “conservation development.”

Interesting. Green township and Colerain are really new stores.
I think the Blue Ash store (also on the list) has been remodeled in the past 5-8 years too. I’m not sure which West Chester Township store is being remodeled but that one is also likely as old as the Colerain and Green township Marketplace stores.

I think the Blue Ash store (also on the list) has been remodeled in the past 5-8 years too. I’m not sure which West Chester Township store is being remodeled but that one is also likely as old as the Colerain and Green township Marketplace stores.
I dont quite get what Kroger is doing these days other than raising prices like crazy. My store in Independence gets completely re-shuffled around probably every 6 months or so. Just as soon as i relearn where everything is.

They screwed up royally by not making Delhi a large marketplace. They half-assed a remodel of a kroger in Florence that's about the size of the Price Hill store, but not as nice. They are getting ready to build a new store in Edgewood/Erlanger but won't make that as large as it needs to be either.

And don't get me started on how every store has 40 employees clogging the aisles filling click list orders.

You see some stores that are neglected (Delhi, Ferguson, White Oak, bunch of NKY locations) while others are constantly rebuilt, like the one in Dent, which is on it's 3rd store in under 30 years, and apparently already getting remodeled.

I just don't understand what they are trying to do.