Another HS site bites the dust

Who cares? The experience alone is worth something. Besides, Massillon isn't IMG or Mater Dei.
Maybe. Those last 7 games were unmatched for excitement and atmosphere. But it really doesn’t make sense for either team except from a money standpoint. And I disagree with you who Massillon is these days. Maybe I’m nuts, but I’m in the camp that thinks they could compete with anybody, anywhere.

Maybe. Those last 7 games were unmatched for excitement and atmosphere. But it really doesn’t make sense for either team except from a money standpoint. And I disagree with you who Massillon is these days. Maybe I’m nuts, but I’m in the camp that thinks they could compete with anybody, anywhere.
Reno need's to step it up then.Always heard they teach them teams with bigger n better talent what real football is.Heart n grittiness must be lacking.Reno and Steubenville backs down from no one.lol

Reno need's to step it up then.Always heard they teach them teams with bigger n better talent what real football is.Heart n grittiness must be lacking.Reno and Steubenville backs down from no one. (Reno needs to step it up then. I always heard they teach them that teams with bigger and better talent are what real football is. Heart n grittiness must be lacking. Reno and Steubenville back down from no one. lol)
So, the only D4 public school to play Massillon (winning 1 out of 3) and one of only two D3 public schools to defeat Massillon (winning 2 out of 4) in the last 20 years needs to step it up? In the last 20 years, just eight D3 publics have played them, with Steubenville and Buchtel being the only teams to play them more than twice.

It's a bad game for D4 Steubenville, which is likely why no other Ohio public school in Divisions 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 plays Massillon. I understand Massillon's desire for retribution from 2015, but it's strange for fans to suggest that a D4 or the smallest D3 school must play against the state's top D1 and D2 schools in order to be respected, when 13th all-time wins (USA), 3rd all-time wins (Ohio), 36 playoff appearances, 77 playoff wins (13-18 against privates), 20 regional titles, 8 AP titles, 5 state runner-ups, and 4 State Titles (DII, DIII, and DIV) should suffice.

It's not about retribution or "stepping it up"; it's about giving the kids (and fans) a reminder of what high school football could be. PBTS or Death Valley and never mind the score; it would be a helluva lot better experience than playing some OOS tomato can that no one cares about.

And face it; with the exe-expanding playoffs, regular season results are all but meaningless. Not that you're indifferent to losing, but it's unlikely that either team would miss the postseason because they lost this game.

McDowell scored 40 on VASJ and 30 on Walsh Jesuit; they are a solid OOS team. LIL will bring multiple D1 recruits; Park is a conference rivalry game that draws a large crowd; Linsly is also a good conference team that has defeated Mooney, St. Clairsville, Dover, Morgantown, Fort Frye, Louisville, Holy Name, and lost close games to Desales and Licking Valley in the last two seasons. USO is the closest thing to a can, but they're also one of the closest teams willing to face them. Steubenville gains nothing by playing St. Eds, TCC, Massillon, Hoban, Lincoln, Clev Heights, or Pick North. The game would just burn out their 25 varsity players. Steubenville should play teams such as Canfield, South Range, St. Clairsville, Niles, West Branch, and Poland, not schools that are 2 and 3x bigger than them. It has nothing to do with making the playoffs.

I do agree that it would be a great game for Massillon to have instead of playing some "out of state can".

It’s dead.
IMG_0206.png

McDowell scored 40 on VASJ and 30 on Walsh Jesuit; they are a solid OOS team. LIL will bring multiple D1 recruits; Park is a conference rivalry game that draws a large crowd; Linsly is also a good conference team that has defeated Mooney, St. Clairsville, Dover, Morgantown, Fort Frye, Louisville, Holy Name, and lost close games to Desales and Licking Valley in the last two seasons. USO is the closest thing to a can, but they're also one of the closest teams willing to face them. Steubenville gains nothing by playing St. Eds, TCC, Massillon, Hoban, Lincoln, Clev Heights, or Pick North. The game would just burn out their 25 varsity players. Steubenville should play teams such as Canfield, South Range, St. Clairsville, Niles, West Branch, and Poland, not schools that are 2 and 3x bigger than them. It has nothing to do with making the playoffs.

I do agree that it would be a great game for Massillon to have instead of playing some "out of state can".
Linsly is going to be dropping fast in football. The recruits from East Germany and the 19yr old 5th year seniors are finished coming in.

So, the only D4 public school to play Massillon (winning 1 out of 3) and one of only two D3 public schools to defeat Massillon (winning 2 out of 4) in the last 20 years needs to step it up? In the last 20 years, just eight D3 publics have played them, with Steubenville and Buchtel being the only teams to play them more than twice.

It's a bad game for D4 Steubenville, which is likely why no other Ohio public school in Divisions 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 plays Massillon. I understand Massillon's desire for retribution from 2015, but it's strange for fans to suggest that a D4 or the smallest D3 school must play against the state's top D1 and D2 schools in order to be respected, when 13th all-time wins (USA), 3rd all-time wins (Ohio), 36 playoff appearances, 77 playoff wins (13-18 against privates), 20 regional titles, 8 AP titles, 5 state runner-ups, and 4 State Titles (DII, DIII, and DIV) should suffice.
Couldn’t have said it any better Rack. RRR

I would guess Bellaire's August and Early September home games will be the Friday night lights games? Cooler weather later in the season will be the traditional Saturday games. Sounds like they are being proactive for when OHSAA bans any Saturday playoff games?

I would guess Bellaire's August and Early September home games will be the Friday night lights games? Cooler weather later in the season will be the traditional Saturday games. Sounds like they are being proactive for when OHSAA bans any Saturday playoff games?
I was told by a Bellaire resident who goes to almost all of their games that the Martins Ferry game will stay as the only afternoon game.