2024 Track

Stirred not Shaken

Surprising there is not more tracks posters. Grace Moeller from Marion Local (D3) ran a 14. 42 in the 100-meter-high hurdles (4-16) to set a school record and also according to Ohio Milesplit is the fastest time in Ohio so far this year regardless of division.

There's not much to report in Northern Ohio yet. Friday-Saturday invitationals have been raining (Fridays), cold, and windy.

Leading the boys' 300m hurdles is a talented young sophomore from Batavia HS, Marcus Hughbanks, with his 38.54 clocking at their home invite. Only six (6) sophs have ever broken 38 seconds with Chad Zallow holding the Ohio soph best at 36.87. He's also got a 14.66 run from last week, and had a very LONG jump foul recently.

Stay tuned.

Would like to report more but so many meets are still on baumspage they don't end up on MileSplit so a lot of results go missed by the masses.

Couple of nice marks out of the Anderson Invite.
Thursday - Grant Harrison (New Richmond - Jr.) - 16' 5" vault pb, moving him from a tie for #62 to #22 all-time.
Friday - Natlie Kiefer (Harrison - Sr.) - 2:10.95 pb moving her to #56 all-time.

Westerville North relays a fast 4x1600m of 17:48.54 at the Monarch Relays (Marysville). They move onto my growing all-time list of sub-18 performances.

Evan Trapp (St. Xavier) moves into the #31 slot all-time at 3200m with his 9:03.54 5th place effort at the Eastern Relays on Friday.

Last edited:
Also out of the Eastern Relays, the Mason Girls' 4x100m team lowers their school record from 47.08 to 46.91 in winning. The team of Nora Moore, Emilia Capiello, Eden Orr, and Abby Love become the #7 school in Ohio history.

At the Colerain Invitational on Tuesday, the Lancers (La Salle) 4x100m team ran 41.75, just outside the top 50 all-time. Great early season time.
Question: Who were the members of that relay team?

In case no one has noticed, Olivia Pace (Westerville Central) just laid down the fastest 100m in Ohio history in all conditions, albeit a wind-aided 11.32 clocking for 2nd place in the Invitational Girls' section at the famed Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, CA.

She also lowered her 200m PB to 23.96 (+0.7 wind), now equal #19 all-time for Ohio girls.

9 boys wow, compare that to Marion Local which is also D3 and has nearly 100 boys on the track team.
Is it a graduation requirement? That's like 75% participation. We are at 20-22% this year for the largest teams we've ever had. Do they have baseball? Add in baseball and they have like 85% + participation. Do they have dual meets to get all the kids involved? In all honesty, that is impressive. Can't wrap my head around it impressive.

At the Colerain Invitational on Tuesday, the Lancers (La Salle) 4x100m team ran 41.75, just outside the top 50 all-time. Great early season time.
Question: Who were the members of that relay team?
I know that one of the members was Senior (Purdue Football Commit) Koy Beasley who has also ran a 10.55 in the 100m.

Or maybe it's just a bit of exaggeration...

Roster on milesplit only shows 39 boys: https://oh.milesplit.com/teams/9972-lowellville/roster
Yeah. Marion local only shows 50 boys not 100 and Lowellville has 39 not 9. Just a little bit of a difference. I sort of guessed that. Lowellville probably has 9 strong scorers. Might have been the reason I couldn't believe it. Cuz it wasn't true, or even close.

Yeah. Marion local only shows 50 boys not 100 and Lowellville has 39 not 9. Just a little bit of a difference. I sort of guessed that. Lowellville probably has 9 strong scorers. Might have been the reason I couldn't believe it. Cuz it wasn't true, or even close.
It's possible the poster was looking at results from a meet like GlenOak on April 13 where many of the smaller schools that attend don't bring their entire invitational squad.

Lowellville does not have 39 boys on the team. They’re not even listed on the OHSAA site because they have such a small team. You can’t trust Milesplit for everything

Living in Lowellville and seeing meets, I can, for a fact, assure you there’s not 39 boys on that squad.

I think Rickyjames was referring to the OHSAA divisional breakdown from track. Last year they had less than 9. Maybe and I mean maybe they have 10-12 this year actually running/throwing/jumping, but maybe 6-7 actually scoring.

Never the less, they are a solid squad that won the Glenoak Invitational, which for the size of that meet is pretty impressive.

Living in Lowellville and seeing meets, I can, for a fact, assure you there’s not 39 boys on that squad.

I think Rickyjames was referring to the OHSAA divisional breakdown from track. Last year they had less than 9. Maybe and I mean maybe they have 10-12 this year actually running/throwing/jumping, but maybe 6-7 actually scoring.

Never the less, they are a solid squad that won the Glenoak Invitational, which for the size of that meet is pretty impressive.

Lowellville does not have 39 boys on the team. They’re not even listed on the OHSAA site because they have such a small team. You can’t trust Milesplit for everything
Just went through 2 meets worth of results and Lowellville has at least 24 boys that have competed. Noticed a duplicate or two on their Milesplit roster, but it looks fairly accurate. Nate / Nathan type thing. I'd say their roster is closer to 39 than it is 10. Don't think anyone is disparaging Lowellville. Good for them.

Just went through 2 meets worth of results and Lowellville has at least 24 boys that have competed. Noticed a duplicate or two on their Milesplit roster, but it looks fairly accurate. Nate / Nathan type thing. I'd say their roster is closer to 39 than it is 10. Don't think anyone is disparaging Lowellville. Good for them.
MileSplit does there best to purge bad data, but when you're using software to filter results, it takes the human element to truly spot problems. I come across it daily. For example, in the past day or two a freshman girl was reported to have long jumped 20+ feet, and her other meet was some 10 feet shorter! Duplicate names/spellings/misspellings are common when dealing with gazillions of data.

guess im not paying attention that closely then LOL. regardless, their main core will be less than 10 once the end of the season comes.

MileSplit does there best to purge bad data, but when you're using software to filter results, it takes the human element to truly spot problems. I come across it daily. For example, in the past day or two a freshman girl was reported to have long jumped 20+ feet, and her other meet was some 10 feet shorter! Duplicate names/spellings/misspellings are common when dealing with gazillions of data.
They definitely do. It’s gotten a lot better every year. Obviously very happy to have Milesplit! Kind of have to take some results at Face value and investigate further. For anyone that looks at results, look at Champion HS quad meets. Their timing is horrendous. Look at the boys 100 meters times and the 110 hurdles.

Is that a dare?
They definitely do. It’s gotten a lot better every year. Obviously very happy to have Milesplit! Kind of have to take some results at Face value and investigate further. For anyone that looks at results, look at Champion HS quad meets. Their timing is horrendous. Look at the boys 100 meters times and the 110 hurdles.

:stirthepot:

guess im not paying attention that closely then LOL. regardless, their main core will be less than 10 once the end of the season comes.
Exactly right, I been checking results all season, they won glenoak with 5 boys that scored, Michael Ballone having a majority of the points. Lowellville has real quality sprinters this season.

Exactly right, I been checking results all season, they won glenoak with 5 boys that scored, Michael Ballone having a majority of the points. Lowellville has real quality sprinters this season.
The 4x4 ran at Glenoak with an alternate as well. Modelski, a sophomore, is running real good in the open 4.

Ballone is solid, and to be able to watch his progression over the years has been fun.