2024 Three Rivers conference

Back when I played there was a required month dead period after the last game was played. Not sure if that was an OHSAA thing or school thing. If it was an OHSAA thing I'm not sure if it still is or not.
I believe it is still a thing. Everyone should be in the clear to start offseason work.

O line should make MU a real threat again. The schedule is brutal with Versailles and Valley View in two weeks. I know VV loses some but the overall experience should help. Versailles will always be a rough out. Week 1 could be tell-tale for the rest of the season. You never know what Oakwood brings to the table. Being a D3 makes that another tough one.
I’ll say:
Milton 8-2/7-0
Riverside 8-2/6-1
Lehman 7-3/5-2
Miami East 6-4/4-3
Bethel 4-6/3-4
Northridge 4-6/2-5
TC 1-9/1-6
Covington 0-10/0-7
Versailles will be the best team Milton has faced since Valley View last year. I love the scheduling being done by MU.
Similar cast of characters as 2023. The TRC really needs other schools to improve as Lehman did. If you could get Miami East and back to their old standard of not long ago, that would be big for the league. Northridge and Bethel both are schools with loads of talent and potential.

Similar cast of characters as 2023. The TRC really needs other schools to improve as Lehman did. If you could get Miami East and back to their old standard of not long ago, that would be big for the league. Northridge and Bethel both are schools with loads of talent and potential.
I think MU and Riverside are strong. East is coming back. Bethel has crazy athletes. Ridge is not the Ridge of old, you have to play if you want to beat them. Lehman was up, hopefully it wasn't just all O'Leary. The league needs Covington to bounce back! TC is the big question with (reportedly) their whole staff gone.

I think the TRC started when many of the schools were down, but things are looking up!

I think MU and Riverside are strong. East is coming back. Bethel has crazy athletes. Ridge is not the Ridge of old, you have to play if you want to beat them. Lehman was up, hopefully it wasn't just all O'Leary. The league needs Covington to bounce back! TC is the big question with (reportedly) their whole staff gone.

I think the TRC started when many of the schools were down, but things are looking up!
I was told TC is looking for a new coaching staff. Sounds like they want a clean slate and a fresh start. It always seems like they have potential, but they can never find consistency or stability.

I think this will be the year of a split title.
East was one year away from being a serious contender. With all the young players on the team having a year under their belt I think they take the step.
Bethel seemed to be bipolar at times depending on who they played. They seemed to play the good teams close and they bad teams close. Another year under a relatively new head coach should change that.

I think MU, Riverside, East, Lehman, and Bethel can all be seriously considered champion contenders.

100% agree the league started out when several traditionally good teams were down, down bad.

I think this will be the year of a split title.
East was one year away from being a serious contender. With all the young players on the team having a year under their belt I think they take the step.
Bethel seemed to be bipolar at times depending on who they played. They seemed to play the good teams close and they bad teams close. Another year under a relatively new head coach should change that.

I think MU, Riverside, East, Lehman, and Bethel can all be seriously considered champion contenders.

100% agree the league started out when several traditionally good teams were down, down bad.
Split title?

Covington's coach was approved 4-1 at their last board meeting. Their new board member who apparently said all fall he was going to "change things and get things done" was the lone no vote.

I believe Covington it’s interested in football until the kids show more interest.

Overall, how are Covington schools? When I was in school, they always seemed to have a decent school decent sports program. Is it just their football program down or are all sports down in the school? It seems when people talk about Covington it's a community issue, which would reflect not just in the football program being down but across all sports. Is this the case?

Overall, how are Covington schools? When I was in school, they always seemed to have a decent school decent sports program. Is it just their football program down or are all sports down in the school? It seems when people talk about Covington it's a community issue, which would reflect not just in the football program being down but across all sports. Is this the case?
I agree with you. It always seemed like they had things put together when we played there. The facilities were great (I still like their old gym compared to the new one), and they were well coached.

Sports-wise, looking at the TRC website, they have some sports that are doing really well and some that are struggling. That seems pretty normal for schools in the area. Football has really down, but the golf team hasn't lost a match since 2021, and the cross country team usually sends at least one person to state every year. The volleyball team looks like they usually finish at or above .500. Their girls basketball team is always one of the top teams in the league. Wrestling sends multiple athletes to state every year. The boys basketball team has really struggled the last few years. They're always one of the best softball teams in the area. The baseball team is usually around .500 in the league according to the website. I don't hear as much about the track teams, but based on their cross country teams I would assume their distance runners are good.

It sounds like they have good principals who set a great example for the students. Their athletic director was named AD of the Year by the other AD's in southwest Ohio. The community sounds like it it going through a transition though. The individuals who were active and volunteered in the community are getting older and slowing down (or no longer with us), and there are not many who are filling in their shoes. People are more likely to complain and demand things instead of asking how can they help. I feel like this is happening in a lot of places, but I think it is surprising to a lot of us it is happening at Covington to this degree.

Has Troy Christian announced a new coach yet? Did they ever announce that the previous coach is not returning?

Has Troy Christian announced a new coach yet? Did they ever announce that the previous coach is not returning?
Also curious if there has been an announcement made? Haven't heard or seen anything. Anyone familiar with the situation over there?

Also curious if there has been an announcement made? Haven't heard or seen anything. Anyone familiar with the situation over there?
There is a new coach. The name escapes me. I will have to try to find it again.

Edit: new coaches name is Charles Begley. I don't know anything about him.

Last edited:
There is a new coach. The name escapes me. I will have to try to find it again.

Edit: new coaches name is Charles Begley. I don't know anything about him.
Only thing I found on him was that he was involved with the Troy Youth Football program for several years and was selected as Head Coach of the Troy Elks in 2019.

Only thing I found on him was that he was involved with the Troy Youth Football program for several years and was selected as Head Coach of the Troy Elks in 2019.

Not sure this is a great hire then.

Not sure this is a great hire then.
Want to start by saying I know nothing about this coach or the TC program, and I see where your coming from with your comment. What looks like no previous H.S. experience at all, but no one knows the reason.

Could of had young kids and couldn't make the time commitment, previous job could have prevented him from the time commitment. He could be one heck of a coach.

But this is definitely a head scratcher. Hope the guy proves us wrong and is a great hire.

Want to start by saying I know nothing about this coach or the TC program, and I see where your coming from with your comment. What looks like no previous H.S. experience at all, but no one knows the reason.

Could of had young kids and couldn't make the time commitment, previous job could have prevented him from the time commitment. He could be one heck of a coach.

But this is definitely a head scratcher. Hope the guy proves us wrong and is a great hire.
Hate to say it here, but plan on your scalp getting pretty irritated by all the scratching to come.

You're right. I should give him the benefit of the doubt. And it's not like this is the Marion local job that has opened up either. So probably shouldn't expect some highly experienced coach coming in.

TC got lucky getting Nolan several years ago after he retired from Troy. They also had a good group of players there too which always helps. Then Jones before he left for Versailles. It's a rebuild effort for sure and maybe someone like this is exactly what they need.