2024 Steubenville Big Red

D4 cutoff is 273. We are at 277 before competitive balance.
Divisions have not been released yet. What you saw were the cutoffs for the previous season.

OHSAA football divisions and regions for the 2023 season were approved by the OHSAA Board of Directors on April 27, 2023. The list below contains the schools that were eligible to participate in the 2023 tournament, which is used to determine the divisional breakdowns/cutoffs for the 2023 tournament. This is NOT the final list of schools that will be eligible to participate in the 2023 tournament, as schools have until October 1 to make changes to their tournament participation. In addition, multi-high school districts that restructure their high schools are required to have their enrollment reclassified as of September 10, which may change their assigned tournament division. Full Divisional Assignments
DivisionAdjusted EnrollmentSchools
I620 and more 70
II619 - 385105
III384 - 274105
IV273 - 206105
V205 - 158106
VI157 - 115105
VII114 and less105
Total Schools701

If your 4 over how do you stay in d4?
They gonna be close either way. Depends on the upcoming classes which I believe are larger than the graduating 2024s.

Steubenville has over 800 open enrolled students in its school district k-12

Canfield isn't looking to schedule someone like Massillon, Fitch, a Federal League team, et al.... Canfield would much rather play a Senate League team or take a bye.

08/23 At West Branch
08/30 At Mansfield
09/06 At Olmsted Falls
09/13 Vs Poland Seminary
09/20 At Chaney
09/27 At Dover
10/04 Vs Louisville
10/11 BYE
10/18 At Warren Howland
10/25 Vs Boardman

The only game they have that is a sure win is Howland as it stands. It is a pretty solid schedule you must admit.
That is a really nice schedule. A gimmie in week 8 is probably a good idea. Only 3 home games is a tough hurdle.
If your 4 over how do you stay in d4?
you don’t.

Read that "Inky" Jones had an interception in the OSU spring game. He's still way down on the depth chart list of DBs.

Read that "Inky" Jones had an interception in the OSU spring game. He's still way down on the depth chart list of DBs.
He played well in the spring game. He is currently not down on the depth chart because he started for the 2's in the spring game, but Ohio State does have a few defensive backs that were hurt this spring, which caused him to jump up. As a RS SO, he'll play special teams for them this year, and if two or three DBs are down, he'll be needed to step in.

He played well in the spring game. He is currently not down on the depth chart because he started for the 2's in the spring game, but Ohio State does have a few defensive backs that were hurt this spring, which caused him to jump up. As a RS SO, he'll play special teams for them this year, and if two or three DBs are down, he'll be needed to step in.
At the end of the day the kid is living out his dream and a dream millions of other kids wish they could do. Hats off to Inky, the young man is working his off.

Canfield isn't looking to schedule someone like Massillon, Fitch, a Federal League team, et al.... Canfield would much rather play a Senate League team or take a bye.

08/23 At West Branch
08/30 At Mansfield
09/06 At Olmsted Falls
09/13 Vs Poland Seminary
09/20 At Chaney
09/27 At Dover
10/04 Vs Louisville
10/11 BYE
10/18 At Warren Howland
10/25 Vs Boardman

The only game they have that is a sure win is Howland as it stands. It is a pretty solid schedule you must admit.
Canfield would do well vs the fed.

Last edited:
Canfield was a team when they were in talks to play I was excited about them on the Reds schedule and adding them to our history ( don’t believe we’ve ever played). Was looking forward to a home and home and watching a game from BDF.

RRR

Canfield was a team when they were in talks to play I was excited about them on the Reds schedule and adding them to our history ( don’t believe we’ve ever played). Was looking forward to a home and home and watching a game from BDF.

RRR
I asked and got this answer, Canfield was contemplating offering Steubenville a one year contract to play at Canfield, a home and home was completely off the table. And they have played once previously over 100 years ago, Big Red either considered it a scrimmage or non-varsity contest or something other than a regular game, the score is reported in a Canfield year book if I remember correctly. I recall, the final score was rather peculiar so they must have had a different scoring system back then.

I was hoping for Canfield, but I am just glad that we filled the schedule. Should be another good season. RRR!!!

Glad they are thrilled!

Glad they are thrilled!
IMG_6520.jpeg

I was hoping for Canfield, but I am just glad that we filled the schedule. Should be another good season. RRR!!!
Agreed. FYI, Ferflog that profile pic belongs on the cover of the AARP flyer. FORE!!! Glad you’re aging well my friend.
RRR

I’d rather play any Ohio Valley School away/away. But that won’t motivate them. Love to see Weirton, Bellaire, Edison, Carrollton, Brooke, Wheeling Central, Cricksters.

Also would love to see a season kickoff like we had with the Rally In The Valley. I’d fly back for that.

RRR

Am I correct when saying you don’t get computer pts playing Canada teams anymore?
That is correct, formerly teams from Ontario, Quebec and possibly other provinces were affiliate members but they dropped their affiliation and thus no longer count.

That is correct, formerly teams from Ontario, Quebec and possibly other provinces were affiliate members but they dropped their affiliation and thus no longer count.
That’s what I thought. Thanks. Hopefully that doesn’t make much of a difference

Figured that. Is Sheridan also Division 3 this year?

If so, Region 15 belongs to Indian Valley or Hartley.