2024 Massillon Tigers

I would definitely say no. No matter how many we win in a row, no matter how bad McK is or how little they care, it is always The Game. I get chills just thinking about McK week. It is just a different experience/feeling.
I can completely understand why those that aren't fans of either Massillon or McKinley struggle to completely grasp what THE rivalry means.

It’s two different things.
Hoban and Massillon are two Titans and who doesn’t want to see two Titans go at it.
Hoban is just the current barrier to break through.
McKinley is the rival -no matter how weak or strong they are we want to pound them into the ground.

Just curious to opinions on this. In this day and age if Hoban were on Massillon's regular schedule would that "NOW" be a bigger rivalry game then McKinley?
I haven’t cared for the rivalry in a long time
Longer then our winning streak
Its not even about Massillon winning more
It’s about the amount of SH** that comes from it
Trash talk
Fights
Really the worst side of each team and town
Was jumped once for walking down the street and living in Massillon on the rivalry week
I could honestly care less if we play them again
As far a competitive rivalry goes yes Hoban or even Ed’s is more of a rival

I haven’t cared for the rivalry in a long time
Longer then our winning streak
Its not even about Massillon winning more
It’s about the amount of SH** that comes from it
Trash talk
Fights
Really the worst side of each team and town
Was jumped once for walking down the street and living in Massillon on the rivalry week
I could honestly care less if we play them again
As far a competitive rivalry goes yes Hoban or even Ed’s is more of a rival
It's a shame that you're basically saying it's only played for tradition anymore

Are you guys crazy! It's a 135 year rivalry. Sure canton may be a dilapidated dangerous city whose fan base has deteriorated, but I hate to see this once phenomenal event spoken of as trivial or insignificant. Just take more security precautions and enjoy the greatest game in high school football.
And by the way, Those dogs are stacking the deck for a win. Obviously that program will not be taking us lightly.

To change the subject completely.
Be honest, how many of you thought we were going to win at the half? The game announcers thought Hoban was wearing us down.
20240505_031927.jpg

Are you guys crazy! It's a 135 year rivalry. Sure canton may be a dilapidated dangerous city whose fan base has deteriorated, but I hate to see this once phenomenal event spoken of as trivial or insignificant. Just take more security precautions and enjoy the greatest game in high school football.
And by the way, Those dogs are stacking the deck for a win. Obviously that program will not be taking us lightly.
Nothing against the years of tradition I used to love it and really still like seeing McK get beat
Just wish it brought out the best in both teams
Not the worst

Nothing against the years of tradition I used to love it and really still like seeing McK get beat
Just wish it brought out the best in both teams
Not the worst
I don’t think we should overreact to one minor dust up following a game that wasn’t very competitive. Both sides of the rivalry have acquitted themselves well for 100+ years and will continue to do so.

I don’t think we should overreact to one minor dust up following a game that wasn’t very competitive. Both sides of the rivalry have acquitted themselves well for 100+ years and will continue to do so.
Funny thing is I remember Mass vs Mck games from the 70's and there were groups of law enforcement officers standing in each corner of the field to quickly respond to problems. Those days you had 20k plus at this game.

It's hard to believe neither team had a first down passing. I know Crable dropped an easy one and we overshot what looked like the same play. I think they got more heat on Owens. Before the game I thought Massillon would have a decent day passing.

Hoban vs Massillon was wildly close when looking at the numbers
DaOne said on Tiger Talk he would have broke for a td if it wasn’t for that call and if he would have went right again he would have probably went the distance and not the safety
But I ain’t mad bout it still got the W

Funny thing is I remember Mass vs Mck games from the 70's and there were groups of law enforcement officers standing in each corner of the field to quickly respond to problems. Those days you had 20k plus at this game.
lol yeah I think some people have the idea that the rivalry is more bitter now than it used to be but I think the opposite is probably true

I say some money bags should start a Gin Academy type elite football organization with dorms and all, right here in town. Of course all the exceptional talent would just happen to go to Massillon. And why not! If others can do it and privates do basically the same thing ,, it's a no Brainer for us to be the northeastern IMG. I mean, it's all in the best interest of getting these kids into college and giving them a stable n safe living environment where, along with all of Massillon, They can live, eat, breath, sleep and dream football.

Question, I think I know the answer.. Is Massillon still open enrollment? How does that work, do you have to move in to the district or can you live outside and pay enrollment?... I was never clear how that stuff works exactly. And is Perry and Jackson open?

Jumping over to Basketball for a minute… do you think we’re in a better situation moving down to D2 next season?
No. When they play a fundamentally sound team they will get their butts handed to them.

Too many 3 point shots, too many missed free thrown and too many times only 2 or 3 kids hustle back on D.

Question, I think I know the answer.. Is Massillon still open enrollment? How does that work, do you have to move in to the district or can you live outside and pay enrollment?... I was never clear how that stuff works exactly. And is Perry and Jackson open?

Perry and Massillon are both OE meaning anyone living outside their districts are able to attend for free. Jackson is closed enrolment meaning their transfers must move to the district to attend for free, or pay tuition.

Perry and Massillon are both OE meaning anyone living outside their districts are able to attend for free. Jackson is closed enrolment meaning their transfers must move to the district to attend for free, or pay tuition.
Thank you for the clarification... Leads me to my next question.... based on what you're saying why was there such a big deal whether or not Owens lived in Massillon? Or maybe I missed something. I know he had to sit right after the Ed's game but maybe it was for something else?

Thank you for the clarification... Leads me to my next question.... based on what you're saying why was there such a big deal whether or not Owens lived in Massillon? Or maybe I missed something. I know he had to sit right after the Ed's game but maybe it was for something else?
If you open enroll into a new district you have to sit after week 5 the first year.

If you open enroll into a new district you have to sit after week 5 the first year.

Correct. It is a bs rule, and defies statewide OE legislation, but had Owens not physically moved OHSAA would have ruled him ineligible for the 2nd half of the season. But he could have transferred to Hoban no problem, correct?

Correct. It is a bs rule, and defies statewide OE legislation, but had Owens not physically moved OHSAA would have ruled him ineligible for the 2nd half of the season. But he could have transferred to Hoban no problem, correct?
Partially, I think it would depend on the linear(I believe) distance from his home in Copley to Hoban.