2024 EBC

Not sure how this year will shape up. A lot of big names out of the league Skelding, Denham, Bates, etc. I think it could be a complete toss up. I see Carrollton and WB battling it out for first. Excited to what happens this year!

Really curious to see what that Rhodes kid can bring to the table, I've heard he can be lights out but not sure if it will be enough for the Quakers to make a push at winning the EBC.

I can 100% see this happening. Could also see Marlington making a push, a lot of new names coming to that ball club but with the coaching they have its possible for them to play well.

1. West Branch
2. Carrollton
3. Alliance
4. Marlington
5. Minerva
6. Salem

I am not confident in saying any team largely separated themselves from the rest of the league. I think this will be another year of any team beating any team on any given night. West Branch and Carrollton are probably your best returning lineups. I give West Branch the bid behind their Walsh Commit. Alliance has athletes but their past inconsistencies may hold them back. Marlington would probably serve as the league's most prominent baseball program in recent years, so they are not to be counted out. Minerva and Salem are going to have down years. Minerva should still expect improvement - but not enough. Salem has some upside, but at the end of the day it seems they have one player than can keep their head above the water, and that is if he can play to his full potential.

Last edited:
1. West Branch
2. Carrollton
3. Alliance
4. Marlington
5. Minerva
6. Salem

I am not confident in saying any team largely separated themselves from the rest of the league. I think this will be another year of any team beating any team on any given night. West Branch and Carrollton are probably your best returning lineups. I give West Branch the bid behind their Walsh Commit. Alliance has athletes but their past inconsistencies may hold them back. Marlington would probably serve as the league's most prominent baseball program in recent years, so they are not to be counted out. Minerva and Salem are going to have down years. Minerva should still expect improvement - but not enough. Salem has some upside, but at the end of the day it seems they have one player than can keep their head above the water, and that is if he can play to his full potential.
Not real sure what inconsistencies alliance had last year after winning the league but definitely don’t see them finishing top 2 with Carrolton and Westbranch not losing many guys. Pitching will be a toss up each game in this league as most teams have one dude each. Should be heavily reliant on small ball but we will see.

really thought siegfried was a good player and teammate wish him the best at mount union! Hopefully he gets some good playing time.

lol. Mount is trying to keep up with football team. They have like 75 kids. Not real good of being forthcoming when they recruited these kids what I am hearing. Might want to think twice before going there. No dog in that fight. Wishing all EBC teams good luck.

Marlington gets a nice win over Waynedale (25-9 in 2023), 5-2.
Carrollton goes 8 innings but comes away with a win over Garaway (15-9 in 2023),1-0.
Alliance cruises against weak opponent St Thomas A (1-16 in 2023), 6-0.
Minerva takes a bad loss against Tuslaw (6-18 in 2023), 13-3.
Salem takes a bad loss against Copley (4-18 in 2023), 4-0.
West Branch has yet to play.

The records listed for opponents are just the ones off MaxPreps. No true surprises yet. The better teams in the league won their debuts. Minerva lost badly to a team they beat last year. Salem can't hit, and somehow give up 4 with the premier pitcher of the league.

Carrollton goes 8 innings but comes away with a win over Garaway (15-9 in 2023),1-0.

The records listed for opponents are just the ones off MaxPreps. No true surprises yet. The better teams in the league won their debuts. Minerva lost badly to a team they beat last year. Salem can't hit, and somehow give up 4 with the premier pitcher of the league

The records listed for opponents are just the ones off MaxPreps. No true surprises yet. The better teams in the league won their debuts. Minerva lost badly to a team they beat last year. Salem can't hit, and somehow give up 4 with the premier pitcher of the league.
Curious to see how alliance handles masslion today. Marlington seems to look good after beating waynedale , Big win for the dukes

Last Week
Alliance trashes Salem 15-2 and 12-2....

West Branch blanks Minerva 10-0 and 5-0....

Marlington beats Carrollton 2-1 in eight.

This Week
Salem vs Minerva
WB vs Marlington
Carrollton vs Alliance
(Carrollton and Marlington have their resched game on Thursday this week as well).

Don't know which matchup I am looking forward to most this week; Marlington and WB taking undefeated records into their matchup, or Salem and Minerva in the toilet bowl. I think this is the most balanced week of matchups. Give me 1-1 in all three.

Beau Alazaus threw a masterpiece tonight for West Branch. 63 pitches, 11 strikeouts, allowed only an infield single in the 6th inning in a 4-0 win over Marlington.
Dukes didn't hit a ball out of the infield.

From what I saw on MaxPreps, West Branch is sitting at 9-0. If someone can confirm this, that would be great. What are their strengths so far this year?

Alliance is also facing Lake Center Christian in non-conference play Friday afternoon at Kent State, which should be a good matchup between two really talented teams.

West Branch is 10-1. They lost in 8 innings to South Range 14-12 on Saturday and beat Girard 11-0 on Sunday.
Other than the South Range and Struthers (a 10-4 win) they've allowed just 7 runs in the other 9 games.
Beau Alazaus is 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA. He should be on the mound Tuesday against Alliance.
They have wins over Ursuline, Green, Howland and Lakeview and have swept Minerva and Marlington in the EBC.

Salem beats Minerva 20-10 today according to GameChanger.
This week's EBC matchups are Alliance-West Branch (at WB Tues); Salem-Carrollton (at CAR Tues) and Minerva-Marlington (at MAR Tues)

Alliance beats West Branch 3-2.
Marlington beats Minerva 10-0.
Salem beats Carrollton 4-2.

Standings
Alliance 4-1
West Branch 4-1
Salem 3-2
Marlington 2-2
Carrollton 1-3
Minerva 0-5

Updated standings through Friday:
Alliance 5-1 / 9-4
W. Branch 4-2 / 11-3
Salem 3-2 / 5-3
Marlington 2-3 / 6-4
Carrollton 2-3 / 6-5
Minerva 0-5 / 2-8

Today
Twinsburg at W. Branch
Minerva at Strasburg
Carrollton vs. New Middletown Springfield and Garrettsville Garfield
Marlington at Central Catholic
Girard at Salem

Monday
Alliance at Louisville

Tuesday-Wednesday
Alliance-Minerva
Carrollton-W. Branch
Marlington-Salem

Thursday
Carrollton at Salem

Friday
Struthers at Salem
Minerva at United
Canfield at Marlington
West Branch at Streetsboro

Saturday 4/27
Salem at Cardinal
Marlington at Wadsworth
Field at West Branch

Last edited:
Updated through Saturday:
Alliance 5-1 / 9-4
W. Branch 4-2 / 12-3
Salem 3-2 / 5-4
Marlington 2-3 / 7-4
Carrollton 2-3 / 8-5
Minerva 0-5 / 2-9

Today
W. Branch 11, Twinsburg 10
Carrollton 7, Garrettsville Garfield 4
Carrollton 10, Springfield Local 3
Marlington 10, Central
Catholic 4
Strasburg 9, Minerva 3
Girard 7, Salem 6

Updated through Monday:
Alliance 5-1 / 10-4
W. Branch 4-2 / 12-3
Salem 3-2 / 5-4
Marlington 2-3 / 7-4
Carrollton 2-3 / 8-5
Minerva 0-5 / 2-9

Monday
Alliance 7, Louisville 1

Tuesday
Minerva at Alliance
Carrollton at West Branch
Marlington at Salem

Updated through Tuesday
Alliance 6-1 / 11-4
W. Branch 5-2 / 13-3
Marlington 3-3 / 8-4
Salem 3-3 / 5-5
Carrollton 2-4 / 8-6
Minerva 0-6 / 2-10

Tuesday
Alliance 8, Minerva 5
West Branch 11, Carrollton 0
Marlington 12, Salem 0

Wednesday
Alliance at Minerva
West Branch at Carrollton
Salem at Marlington

Alliance 7-1 / 12-4
W. Branch 5-3 / 13-4
Marlington 4-3 / 9-4
Salem 3-4 / 5-6
Carrollton 3-4 / 9-6
Minerva 0-7 / 2-11

Wednesday
Alliance 6, Minerva 0
Carrollton 4, West Branch 3
Marlington 1, Salem 0

Thursday
Carrollton at Salem (completion of suspended game; Carrollton leads 5-0 in the top of the 4th)
Marlington at Minerva (completion of suspended game; Marlington leads 3-1 in the top of the 3rd)

Friday
Canfield at Marlington
Minerva at United
Struthers at Salem
West Branch at Streetsboro

Saturday
Marlington at Wadsworth
Salem at Cardinal
Field at West Branch