2024 Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherland

Did the hoops team have final cuts yet? Is Boeing still playing or focusing on football?

They have some big shoes to fill from last yrs team. Brownie, Whitmer, Gutekunst from last yrs starting lineup.

I would guess that Cam Williams, Tyler Johnson, Ryan Brass, Drew Murphy would be starters.

Brietfelder, Hockenberry, and Mcdonald were the others that played last season.

Who else from the junior or sophomore class's will step up as well?

The starting lineup will be good, but lack of depth will hurt them. I have to guess, they’re a .500 team, maybe a little better. However, if Johnson & Williams elevate their level of play to what Browne and Whitmer gave them last yr, they could be a team that possibly gets back to Dayton. I would say that’s a big ask for both, but not impossible.

Maybe Brass plays, but I figure he’s going to need a decent recovery period. I recall Luebbe resting the first month or so after the football season.

Last edited:
I heard less than 15 kids tried out for the JV team.. Can anyone confirm?
Not sure? A lot of times they take many of the same kids for jv that were on the freshman team the previous yr. I know Duke and Emerson aren't at Elder anymore so that would open up two spots. Sometimes they will move up super talented freshman to the jv level as numbers are needed.

Usually, you only have 7-8 guys really getting pt by the jv level....

Not sure? A lot of times they take many of the same kids for jv that were on the freshman team the previous yr. I know Duke and Emerson aren't at Elder anymore so that would open up two spots. Sometimes they will move up super talented freshman to the jv level as numbers are needed.

Usually, you only have 7-8 guys really getting pt by the jv level....
Duke is a big loss. He probably would’ve gotten PT on Varsity.

Could see a freshman or two on JV. There's a lot of freshman. It would make sense to pull one or two up to give others more time.

Elder has a tough schedule to start out at Fairfield December 1st. Elder is also playing the IMG Academy out of Florida for the first time December 15th in Kentucky. Good for Coach Joe on the schedule. Elder will be well prepared come tournament time.

Elder has a tough schedule to start out at Fairfield December 1st. Elder is also playing the IMG Academy out of Florida for the first time December 15th in Kentucky. Good for Coach Joe on the schedule. Elder will be well prepared come tournament time.
IMG has like 7 different teams. Hope it’s not the actual IMG. Screw those a holes. They pretty much ruined HS sports. It’s bc of them you have these trash bag schools like Eds recruiting players off other HS rosters.

Who is trashing Elder for it? I like the poster was making a joke we're all in on at TraditionNeverGraduate's expense.
How is it at his expense if he doesn’t see it? Just call him a worthless POS, whose life has no value and move on. Be mean, being mean is cool.

IMG has like 7 different teams. Hope it’s not the actual IMG. Screw those a holes. They pretty much ruined HS sports. It’s bc of them you have these trash bag schools like Eds recruiting players off other HS rosters.

Why would they play in this if it wasn't their A team? Elder would easily beat their other teams.

How could you turn down an opportunity to play the #5 ranked team in the nation? It's not like they play 25 games a season like that. What better way to prepare for Moeller.

The 7'6 center might be a matchup problem.

Because getting your a** beat doesn’t prepare you for anything. This whole idea playing a vaunted schedule prepares your team for anything has been proven false time and time again.

A game like Fairfield is a perfectly good level of comp to get acclimated into the season, playing an international All Star team means nothing. Everything about IMG is garbage. They’re only slightly better than the Mater Dei, Bosco, Gorman or Eds of the world because they don’t pretend to be anything other than a sports academy. But they’re still absolute filthy scum.

Last edited:

I think you might be right. They are probably playing the IMG "Varsity" team and not the IMG "National" team. I hope they play the "National" team.

Status
Not open for further replies.