2023 Elder Freshman Football

ElderHSfan02

This year's schedule https://www.ehsports.com/team/schedule/2023/Boys/freshman/football

Fri, Aug 11 12:00pm Oak Hills Scrimmage at Elder
Sat, Aug 19 11:00am Pickerington North away
Sat, Aug 26 11:00am Kettering Fairmont at Elder
Sat, Sep 02 12:00pm Springboro away
Thu, Sep 07 6:00pm Highlands at Elder
Wed, Sep 20 5:30pm St. Xavier at Elder
Thu, Sep 21 5:30pm St. Xavier B away
Wed, Sep 27 5:30pm Moeller away
Thu, Sep 28 5:30pm Moeller B at Elder
Wed, Oct 04 6:00pm Mason at Elder
Sat, Oct 14 10:00am Bishop Chatard at Elder
Wed, Oct 18 5:30pm LaSalle at Elder

Sounds like one of the 3 QBs made the move to JV.

I assume there are at least 2 others vying for the job at the freshman level? Maybe more?

Queen went from supposedly getting D1 offers to backup FROSH qb. I’m hearing Estep is playing really well. Watch his Huddle tape from last year at SMOY. He is special.

67 last year. I don't know how many of them came back. Carson Smith started JV as a freshman last year and didn't come back. I've heard a couple transferred out.
He didn’t transfer, he opted not to play football to focus on baseball.

Freshman should have a really good season. They have some nice pieces, but will come back to size and speed as they get older.

Tough sledding for the coaches with 85 kids - did they at least get more help with that many kids?

Interesting to see the impact Estep can make on a team that struggled last year. Will also be interesting to see how the QB competition comes out after the next few years.

Freshman should have a really good season. They have some nice pieces, but will come back to size and speed as they get older.

Tough sledding for the coaches with 85 kids - did they at least get more help with that many kids?

Interesting to see the impact Estep can make on a team that struggled last year. Will also be interesting to see how the QB competition comes out after the next few years.

Same coaches it looked like to me. One big issue on frosh last year was the strength of their lines. The big kid is able to play this year and should help the JV oline. He has the size for D1 I think if he develops.

Queen went from supposedly getting D1 offers to backup FROSH qb. I’m hearing Estep is playing really well. Watch his Huddle tape from last year at SMOY. He is special.
That was my impression when I watched both their Hudl highlights. Of course, a lot can change over the course of a yr at that age, so I didn’t want to make any predictions off of that. However, after seeing Estep on Friday, he’s legit. And what’s crazy is I heard Queen looked good during the Frosh scrimmage.

Same coaches it looked like to me. One big issue on frosh last year was the strength of their lines. The big kid is able to play this year and should help the JV oline. He has the size for D1 I think if he develops.
That’s TBD. However, I have to think he’s more of an IOL than a Tackle.

I know there's at least one current freshman from an OH middle school. I don't know about JV?
Someone mentioned in another thread they had a few OH transfer in the Soph Class. And of course, bc the rules only apply to Elder, they’ll have to sit out half the season.

Will Oak Hills send another shock-wave through the purple nation with today's freshman scrimmage?

How does this Oak Hills class compare to last year's that was seemingly pretty decent.

Will be interesting to see how the JV team compares after a year.

It is very visible there, yes.
I thought so. You normally don’t see kids taking up football in 6th-8th grade. By then, they’re usually too far behind kids who have been playing 5+ years. Maybe the Bengals run helped more of these older kids stick with football instead of quitting.

I would think the impact would be more pronounced in the younger grades.
I think my son's second grade team has 6-8 kids who are playing for the first time this year. It's not totally out of the ordinary for kids that young to start playing, but I think that number of kids from one grade in one school might be.