2023 Elder Football

Wonder why the roster hasn't been posted yet. Think EHSports needs a reboot....
Pet Peeve:
The lack of updates/participation by the GCL Schools posting results/stats/etc. at the GCLSports.com site is constantly disappointing (I especially like to follow 'minor sports" eg. CC/Golf/Track..........seems like it would be easy to find students who would love to gather/post the information for their school (eg. Elder; St, X. etc.). It has been like this for years, compared to..........................
GMCSports.com, ECCSports.com for example tend to have activities/results/stats updated daily. Altiora.

I don't think it's the fault of the EHSports guys. I'm guessing they are at the mercy of the coaches and the ADs supplying them the roster info.

In saying that, rosters are pretty set at this point. It seems they should be out there for every level of every Fall sport.

Wouldn't even things like Winter sports schedules even be close to being final at this point?

I hate having to defend OH, but if you’re Roden, you’re trying to completely overhaul the culture. Sometimes, that means being a hard a** when it might be considered unnecessary under difft circumstances. He could’ve gone about it a Difft way, but at the end of the day, these were kids who abandoned the program for a rival. You shouldn’t be friendly with them at football events.

That said, I hope OH crashes & burns and Elder can raid their youth system of its best players.
You yell at your players on the sidelines who aren't engaged in what's going on, not the people on the other side of the fence.

I don't think it's the fault of the EHSports guys. I'm guessing they are at the mercy of the coaches and the ADs supplying them the roster info.

I might be wrong, but I think each sport has a coach or team statician responsible for updating it. Baseball does a great job on gclsports.com

Pet Peeve:
The lack of updates/participation by the GCL Schools posting results/stats/etc. at the GCLSports.com site is constantly disappointing (I especially like to follow 'minor sports" eg. CC/Golf/Track..........seems like it would be easy to find students who would love to gather/post the information for their school (eg. Elder; St, X. etc.). It has been like this for years, compared to..........................
GMCSports.com, ECCSports.com for example tend to have activities/results/stats updated daily. Altiora.

Especially since cincinnati.com and the Enquirer do such a poor job. Media high school sports coverage has gone downhill fast. They don't have any resources any more to supply coverage. The community press is gone also.

Especially since cincinnati.com and the Enquirer do such a poor job. Media high school sports coverage has gone downhill fast. They don't have any resources any more to supply coverage. The community press is gone also.
True. Sad to see Community press leave.

Fox 19s high school football coverage on Friday night blows away the other news stations.

If you are still Watching Blitz on 5, you are really missing out.

So you guys take this story as factual and everone comments on it like it factual. Even if it was factual to the eyes and ears of a biased Elder grad, there is always a back story, a precurser, etc. Kinda like commenting on the Cov Cath kid before you get the ENTIRE story. Stop, its not flattering
Buddy this is Yappi.com. If you’re not here for hot takes, uninformed opinions and rushed judgements you’re in the wrong place. That’s about all we got here.

Not that anyone cares, but season prediction:

PN - Win
St Neumann - Win
Springboro - Win
St Eds - Loss
Lou St X - Loss
St X - Loss
Moe - Loss
Life Christian - Win
Bishop Chatard - Win
LaSalle - Loss

5-5 Prediction
7-3 Best Case (LaSalle, Lou St X)
4-6 Worst Case (PN)

I feel all of their games will be competitive outside of maybe St Eds, so every game will probably be up for grabs. I think X, LaSalle and Elder will be very similar. Moe is probably not as good as last year overall, but they have Marshall, who's the best player in the league by far.

PN(win), Neumann(win), Boro(win), Ed's(win), Lou X(loss), X(win), Moe(win), LC(win), Chatard(win), LS(win)
Win GCL outright.
9-1 similar to the 2002 and 2003 state championships where they both lost a game.

PN - Win
St Neumann - Win
Springboro - Win
St Eds - Loss
Lou St X - Loss
St X - Win
Moe - Loss
Life Christian - Win
Bishop Chatard - Win
LaSalle - Win

LaSalle has 31 players listed on their freshman roster. It's not a big number, but definitely enough to have a freshman schedule.

LaSalle 31 freshman football players
St. Xavier 79 freshman football players.
Elder mid 80s but I haven't seen official roster out.
Moeller 95 freshman football players.

I've spoken to him multiple times. He's quite forthcoming and overshares with people he doesn't know well.

Already discussed this.

Never worked at Withrow. It is one of my favorite stadium, and buildings in the state. I see a few games there every year, love the fans, always very welcoming and love talking about football. Most I've spoken to also don't have positive things to say.

Now, there is positives, which are great for the school. New equipment and uniforms, numbers of kids playing is way up, wins, kids getting exposure for college recruitment, and scheduling tougher competition. All of those are positives for Withrow and it's great for the school and community. I wish no ill-will, I'm just not a fan of the person in charge based off of my own personal experiences..... and that's perfectly ok to not like someone based off of that. Now quit being butthurt over my opinion, and quit running to defend Coach Jones.

Good luck to the Tigers, I'll be there for the X game. This isn't the forum for this discussion, feel free to PM me though.

Well one thing is he's interviewed for almost as many jobs as Plfug, so he's had 1 foot out the door since he's been there.
Dude..... You're a fan. We get it.

Starting lineups? Who am I missing? Does this look correct?

Qb Brass

rb's ??

Wr Murphy, Mirus,??

TE Boeing

OL Schrorsch, Widener, Roth, James, ??

DL Heitz, Ginn, Mckenna

LB Arnold, Cowans, Dugan,??

DB Sandhas, Stallmeyer, Uran, Priestle