2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

He is super talented. 6'9" and 36 inch vertical. Doesn't mean he has any court sense, can shoot, or can play. Time will tell, but at least the raw talent is there.
I hope everyone that Ohio St brings in is good. I’m smart enough to know not to overreact one way or the other about every player

May want to kick the tires on reconsidering (previously offered) Jonathan Powell, who was released from his LOI with Xavier today. I assume due to Xavier going wild in the transfer portal on proven perimeter scorers.

Would obviously prefer to have a 1-2 year transfer shooter, but Powell is 6'6 and shot approximately 40% from 3 on 450 attempts over the last two years. Very much fits the mold of the role that needs to be filled.

May want to kick the tires on reconsidering (previously offered) Jonathan Powell, who was released from his LOI with Xavier today. I assume due to Xavier going wild in the transfer portal on proven perimeter scorers.

Would obviously prefer to have a 1-2 year transfer shooter, but Powell is 6'6 and shot approximately 40% from 3 on 450 attempts over the last two years. Very much fits the mold of the role that needs to be filled.
Would absolutely be ok with that, Powell is a player with good size for a 2 guard

Would absolutely be ok with that, Powell is a player with good size for a 2 guard
Wonder what other options are available at this point for that last spot, assuming it is for sure set aside for a 2 guard/small forward shooter.

Portal entry closed on Wednesday, so the transfer pool in terms of who's available is finalized. I would imagine between size/ranking/proximity Powell has to be the de facto best available in terms of unsigned traditional recruits.

Wonder what other options are available at this point for that last spot, assuming it is for sure set aside for a 2 guard/small forward shooter.

Portal entry closed on Wednesday, so the transfer pool in terms of who's available is finalized. I would imagine between size/ranking/proximity Powell has to be the de facto best available in terms of unsigned traditional recruits.
I don’t know, but I do know they need a big wing who can shoot from outside and spread the defense. Really sucks we missed on Sam Walters, he would have been a perfect fit. It’s unfortunate that a scrub like Evan Mahaffey is still wasting a scholarship for this team.

With Chatman, Royal, Bradshaw, and Stewart, OSU has 4 of the top 52 players in 247 sports 23 rankings.
They are all mobile. I expect Diebler to run and gun this year and make teams keep up the scoring pace, as opposed to holding them down with lock down D. I think we’ll be seeing a lot of games played in the 80s and even some into the 90s

They are all mobile. I expect Diebler to run and gun this year and make teams keep up the scoring pace, as opposed to holding them down with lock down D. I think we’ll be seeing a lot of games played in the 80s and even some into the 90s
They need to be able to hit the 3 consistently to score like that. Who on this roster is going to do that? They need one or maybe 2 more guys who are long (between 6’6-6’9) who can stretch a defense. Really sucks that Evan Mahaffey continues to waste a scholarship spot.

I agree Diebler wants an up-tempo approach but not a lot of scorers on this team beyond the guards. Stewart's dad has even said that his son's offense ability needs to be developed. I think Diebler's approach to bball is similar to Matta's style good athletes that can get up and down the court.

I agree Diebler wants an up-tempo approach but not a lot of scorers on this team beyond the guards. Stewart's dad has even said that his son's offense ability needs to be developed. I think Diebler's approach to bball is similar to Matta's style good athletes that can get up and down the court.
If you want to create and up tempo style scorers can be found in many ways. it does require a player or two to be able to hit transitions 3s, but a player with half court scoring ability is not what he would be looking for. Scrambling defenders and transition buckets/layups can be any of these guys. I know they have a scholarship left and I hope they use it wisely, but if they can efficiantly increase the tempo of the game with great full court defense, maybe Meechie, Thornton, Royale and Parrish can make enough transition 3s to be affective.

Seems a little quiet for a team still having a roster spot or two open.
I don’t mind. This last spot arguably needs to be a bigger impact than Bradshaw or Stewart. It’s gotta be a big 4 who can score. As of now, where is the scoring coming from on this team?

They added a preferred walk-on.

I'd prefer patience in dishing out that last scholarship. Try to make sure you can get the best player possible.

They added a preferred walk-on.

I'd prefer patience in dishing out that last scholarship. Try to make sure you can get the best player possible.
I'm still in the portal. I'm very old, very slow, but I'm 6'4" and can knock it down from deep. Just don't ask me to guard anyone.

PS. The portal I'm in is the OhioHealth MyPortal.

Need to get Jones and Crumble the Richmond Heights kids. OT it’s unfortunate they participate in division 4 LOL.
I've only seen Jones at the State tournaments, but I like his game. Has that Penny Hardaway look to him, but he needs to put on some weight. His profile has him at 6'3" and 160 lbs.

Feels like Jeremy Birmingham is the only OSU reporter who cares about OSU basketball and legitimately pays attention. OSU has gotten some good transfer portal additions but they are still at a net negative from what they’ve lost/gained