2023-2024 St. Ignatius hockey

Next Friday in Final 4....Cats vs St Francis and US vs St Charles. Seems Cats vs US next Sunday likely

Why would you market your team as a "Prep" team all season, playing the best competition all year, then brag about winning so much in the state tournament against far-inferior teams???
If you are ranked number one or even top 5 by definition competition is inferior. I don't think you watch much hockey or are simply a troll. There are like 7 or 8 teams, tops, in OH that can compete. Your type would be happier if the Cats removed the word 'prep' from their website and beat the snot out of local teams I guess.

Sidenote....is it too much to ask when you make us pay to watch to not consistently show the wrong team leading, without correction?

The Cats should have won 6-1. I can't believe the amount of undisciplined play from seniors and a junior no less. they do that Sunday and they may not be so lucky! Let's hope they learned a valuable lesson there. Great offense. Solid D and G. STAY OUT OF THE DANG BOX!!!!

Go Cats!!!!!!!!

If they play as emotionally undisciplined as they did in the 2nd period, US wins going away. If not, could be a great title game Sunday

1-1 in meetings this year

If they play as emotionally undisciplined as they did in the 2nd period, US wins going away. If not, could be a great title game Sunday

1-1 in meetings this year
Yep. Gotta be smart and keep your emotions in check. They didn't do that Friday but they were the far better team so they could compensate for their errors. Can't do that against US.

Final: Cats 4, University School 1. Cats scored an empty netter with 4 seconds to go to put icing on the cake for the win over the "Peppers" as the Ignatius announcer frequently called them.

Wow. That's very impressive. US has an excellent team with a powerful offense. That was quite a defensive effort to hold them to one goal.

Cats dominated with a few lapses here and there. Well played game by both teams. Cats lose a ton so I'm already excited to see how Coach shapes the next version.

Pretty dominant playoff run for the Wildcats to cap off a dominant decade of hockey. Hard to believe it's been 16 years since my Eagles last captured a title.

A little news I found out today regarding Scott Mutryn 's family. For you youngsters, Mutryn was our QB back in the 90s on the teams that really kept the state championships rolling. I think he played with Haddad and many other stars of days gone by.

Anyway, I follow hockey pretty closely and he has two sons who play (not sure about the third) at a very high level. One is committed to BC and the other just made the NTDP (US national team for 17 and 18U players - the real cream of the crop).

I was pleasantly surprised and thought I'd share.

Not necessarily SI hockey related but thought folks who follow hockey might be interested.

Wow, the Wildcats really rocked in the playoffs! 🎉 this is just the beginning! 🔥

And about the Muthrin family - sports is in the blood, bro! Two sons at great heights, one in BC, one in NTDP. That's generations dragging! We'll keep an eye on these guys, I'm sure they'll surprise us again. 🌟