2018 Football

Biggest questions for 2018 will be who is playing QB? and what changes will be made to offensive/defensive schemes?

Yes, allot rides on McBride returning. Sound's 50-50 at best. All Moe fans hope he his the Qb next year. Word is coach R has not named a DC or OC yet. We will see?

Yes, allot rides on McBride returning. Sound's 50-50 at best. All Moe fans hope he his the Qb next year. Word is coach R has not named a DC or OC yet. We will see?

I believe Majors will be the OC again but the DC has not been named yet.

Majors should be the OC. He did a great job with McBride last year. He's been on staff the past couple of years and knows the kids and is in-house teacher. I hope they get someone from outside for the DC. I'm hearing Nauman's name....been there done that back in the Crable days...didn't work then and I don't see it working now.

I saw on the facebook that Moeller Football will now be a Jordan school...which I think is sweet.

I couldn't tell whether that means they'll be wearing all new uniforms?

If they do, my only request is that they are actually "Uniform."

I love the idea of having a navy, white and gold set. As in 3 tops and 3 bottoms, but the current collection from 2017 was just hideous. Those current gold uniforms with Crusaders on the back is garbage. Whoever picked those things out...woof.

I think a good example, being that Michigan is also a jordan school, the uniforms going forward could/should look similar to what their uniforms currently look like.

Anyone know what the deal is?

I saw on the facebook that Moeller Football will now be a Jordan school...which I think is sweet.

I couldn't tell whether that means they'll be wearing all new uniforms?

If they do, my only request is that they are actually "Uniform."

I love the idea of having a navy, white and gold set. As in 3 tops and 3 bottoms, but the current collection from 2017 was just hideous. Those current gold uniforms with Crusaders on the back is garbage. Whoever picked those things out...woof.

I think a good example, being that Michigan is also a jordan school, the uniforms going forward could/should look similar to what their uniforms currently look like.

Anyone know what the deal is?

I completely agree about the uniforms. I hope they get a completely new set of uniforms in all combinations. I would make sense with the Jordan/Nike announcement. The uni's the past couple of years were an a joke. It would be nice to see the team look again like they are a Moeller team both in uniform and the way they are coached!

Do you think they could get Michael Jordan to land on the field with the Nike helicopter to drop them off????

They are a little out of vogue now but, remember those grey ones, with the blue numbers and gold trim? Those were pretty solid. Have not seen those in a couple years. I think last time I saw them was when they wore the pants vs LaSalle, the awful beat down we took a couple years back, over there. Maybe thats why we havnt seen them.

McBride is playing next year

That is great news for the team if true. The kid has so much talent. With what he already has on the table for basketball and the season ending injuries for football his sophomore and junior year, I didn't think he would be playing. As much as I'd love seeing him play QB, I could totally understand if he didn't play. Hopefully, he stays healthy if he does play. With him on the field, I think it really changes the outlook for the team in 2018.

2018 Schedule Posted

Fri, Aug 24 Home vs Clarkson North (Ontario) 7:00 PM Lockland Stadium
Fri, Aug 31 Home vs Trinity (KY) 7:00 PM Lockland Stadium
Fri, Sep 07 Home vs Scott County (KY) 7:00 PM Lockland Stadium
Fri, Sep 14 Away vs Lafayette (KY) 7:00 PM Lafayette High School
Fri, Sep 21 Away vs St. Xavier 7:00 PM St. Xavier High School
Fri, Sep 28 Away vs La Salle 7:00 PM La Salle High School
Fri, Oct 05 Home vs Elder 7:00 PM TBA
Sat, Oct 13 Away vs St. Ignatius 2:00 PM Robert M Boulton Stadium
Sat, Oct 20 Home vs St. Edward 4:00 PM Lockland Stadium
Fri, Oct 26 Home vs Winton Woods 7:00 PM Lockland Stadium

Nice to start off the season with a W. St. Ecks beat them last year 47-14. TBA next to the Elder game is interesting. Maybe Lockland has a home game that night? Iggy series is back to a home and home.

McBride is playing next year

Are you sure? I ask because I've heard a conflicting report. I certainly hope he plays because I think this team's potential is much higher with him behind center but now that he's committed to play D1 basketball (WVU), I can't blame him if he were to forego football now.

I had heard we were done playing at Lockland. Rumor was Loveland High School? Maybe Elder game is back at UC but I can't see the crowd being that big for that game. Who knows with our AD (Asbeck). That guy is the next guy that has to go! Like needing a Moeller Alum as the head football coach we need a Moeller Alum as the AD.

Is it so egregious to try and play games at Sycamore?

From what I read on here, the facilities at Lockland are just not adequate at this point.

I imagine Loveland schools either cannot or don’t have any interest in helping upgrade anything, so why not try and play games two miles from your school?

Last year the X game proved that Lockland is inadequate. No locker rooms, concession stand or restrooms on the Visitors side, bad area and parking sucks. I think they are looking at crowd size and seeing that outside of the X game the crowds we are getting are not that big so Loveland HS would be adequate for most games. If the LaSalle, X or Elder games are going to draw a big crowd like in the past I see us moving games to UC. Keep in mind this coming year we only play one GCL home game (Elder) and the following year two home GCL games (X and LaSalle). I can see Loveland being a fit for all games except one or two each year. Sycamore isn't going to let us use their stadium. Hopefully if/when they build the new stadium at Blue Ash Sports Center Sycamore is going to play games there so hopefully then they might agree to lease the Jr. High stadium to us. Yes it would be nice to drive a mile from school to play games in a nice stadium like Sycamore Jr. High. GBM!

Last year the X game proved that Lockland is inadequate. No locker rooms, concession stand or restrooms on the Visitors side, bad area and parking sucks. I think they are looking at crowd size and seeing that outside of the X game the crowds we are getting are not that big so Loveland HS would be adequate for most games. If the LaSalle, X or Elder games are going to draw a big crowd like in the past I see us moving games to UC. Keep in mind this coming year we only play one GCL home game (Elder) and the following year two home GCL games (X and LaSalle). I can see Loveland being a fit for all games except one or two each year. Sycamore isn't going to let us use their stadium. Hopefully if/when they build the new stadium at Blue Ash Sports Center Sycamore is going to play games there so hopefully then they might agree to lease the Jr. High stadium to us. Yes it would be nice to drive a mile from school to play games in a nice stadium like Sycamore Jr. High. GBM!

My understanding Moe is looking pretty seriously for a place/land to build/Blue Ash type facility to finally call home. Hopefully they have some luck this time around.

My understanding Moe is looking pretty seriously for a place/land to build/Blue Ash type facility to finally call home. Hopefully they have some luck this time around.

I feel like I’ve heard this since the late 90s. I don’t understand where we would have the money for this?

They were supposed to make the old gym an auditorium...that never seemed to happen. Anyone know where they are on paying off the new gym? What about the updating of the building to have a/c?

Don’t get my wrong, I’d love to have a football stadium, but I just don’t know where the money is for that?

I don’t get it though, is the relationship with Sycamore still “so bad” that they are that uninterested in collecting rent? Couldn’t we also share a new stadium if ever built in Blue Ash with them?

They started adding A/C last year- one floor is installed. Believe they plan to do another in the summer.

I feel like I’ve heard this since the late 90s. I don’t understand where we would have the money for this?

They were supposed to make the old gym an auditorium...that never seemed to happen. Anyone know where they are on paying off the new gym? What about the updating of the building to have a/c?

Don’t get my wrong, I’d love to have a football stadium, but I just don’t know where the money is for that?

I don’t get it though, is the relationship with Sycamore still “so bad” that they are that uninterested in collecting rent? Couldn’t we also share a new stadium if ever built in Blue Ash with them?

I can't speak to each of your questions but I do know, through conversations with individuals who are "in the know", that Moeller is in its best financial position ever. The old gym has been converted, for the most part, into an auditorium. They didn't go quite as elaborate as initially planned but it is more than adequate to serve its purpose. The original building has been/is being suited with air conditioning in phases. Moeller is receiving more donations from more donors than ever before as the first generation of graduates are just now hitting retirement age and are just now in a position to give to philanthropic endeavors. However, that money is going towards increasing the endowment fund and paying down any existing debt, not necessarily with a stadium in mind.

That being said, conversations are ongoing about finding a permanent stadium solution. It's abundantly clear to the "brain trust" that bouncing from venue to venue every 5 or 6 years is not a sustainable plan. I would think that any type of permanent solution would be some type of mixed-use facility, be it with another school or a municipality. Maybe it would be a newly constructed facility or maybe it's an already existing facility. It's my understanding that Moeller has contacted potential donors/sponsors to get an idea of what they could raise in order to procure a permanent home. Again, there's no solid plan in place by any means but the wheels have at least been set in motion to contrive a plan for a home field.

Why don't MND and Moeller partner on an athletic complex? They both are landpoor and there are so many families that have kids at both who could donate . Buy some of the old golf course in Amberley- easy enough to get to from both and for visiting teams too.