2017 Football

Sitting at 4-5 and 7th in the region, can someone explain to me a scenario where Moeller gets into the playoffs at 4-6? Is it possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine they get in at 4-6. I think someone behind them will win and jump ahead of them because those teams play weaker schedules.

If we can't beat Winton woods next week and we couldn't hang with X with McBride, honestly what difference does it make if we get in at 4-6? Just so we can get shown up at colerain or x and end up 4-7? Its a shame that one of the most talented classes '18 is going out with out a single play off appearance and 2 losing seasons.

If we can't beat Winton woods next week and we couldn't hang with X with McBride, honestly what difference does it make if we get in at 4-6? Just so we can get shown up at colerain or x and end up 4-7? Its a shame that one of the most talented classes '18 is going out with out a single play off appearance and 2 losing seasons.

That's only if they don't get in. You're acting like they have no chance of getting in even though they have a shot at beating WW.

That's only if they don't get in. You're acting like they have no chance of getting in even though they have a shot at beating WW.

I was saying if we DON'T beat WW, then honestly what can we expect in the playoffs but another cringe worthy game. A few people were asking about the possibility of them getting in at 4-6.

I was saying if we DON'T beat WW, then honestly what can we expect in the playoffs but another cringe worthy game. A few people were asking about the possibility of them getting in at 4-6.

Even with a loss they'll probably get into the playoffs. You gotta remember this team beat St I's and I's beat X so they might be able to pull one off and make a run here. Remember x went 5-5 last year and won state.

Even with a loss they'll probably get into the playoffs. You gotta remember this team beat St I's and I's beat X so they might be able to pull one off and make a run here. Remember x went 5-5 last year and won state.

Ignatius beat Elder, how did that work out for us?

Pretty sure X had their qb etc.. And is every 5-5 team going to be compared to the 2016 state champs?

sorry for being negative but willing to bet, this team wont do much in post season, get another losing season and the only thing that win vs iggy did was save johns as*. Nothing will change and the mediocrity will continue.

Last edited:

X also had two B1G QBs and competant coaching staff.

I’m still looking for a house cleaning of the staff, injuries aside, the revolving door of the coaching staff has gotta stop.

Changes, specifically on the defensive side of the ball have got to happen.

How almost every other sport in the athletic department has gotten better, but our bread and butter football program has completely hit rock bottom makes me sick to my stomach.

X also had two B1G QBs and competant coaching staff.

I’m still looking for a house cleaning of the staff, injuries aside, the revolving door of the coaching staff has gotta stop.

Changes, specifically on the defensive side of the ball have got to happen.

How almost every other sport in the athletic department has gotten better, but our bread and butter football program has completely hit rock bottom makes me sick to my stomach.

If you want the revolving door to stop, how is getting new coaches the answer?

If you want the revolving door to stop, how is getting new coaches the answer?

Fair question, I would just say that giving up record amounts of points to opponents for three straight seasons is verging on Einstein's definition of insanity.

This program cannot win a GCL title, let alone compete for State Championships playing that poor of defense.

This defense has giving up 230 points thru 9 games. They gave up 267 in 2016 with a losing record and 266 in 2015.

If anyone is satisfied with those results and thinks this is okay, it's not.

I'd love to hear a sound reason why this program shouldn't be blown up and moved in another direction?

Fair question, I would just say that giving up record amounts of points to opponents for three straight seasons is verging on Einstein's definition of insanity.

This program cannot win a GCL title, let alone compete for State Championships playing that poor of defense.

This defense has giving up 230 points thru 9 games. They gave up 267 in 2016 with a losing record and 266 in 2015.

If anyone is satisfied with those results and thinks this is okay, it's not.

I'd love to hear a sound reason why this program shouldn't be blown up and moved in another direction?

There is no way anyone who follows Moeller's program closely can dispute your post. You pretty much summed it up!

It will be interesting to see where the program heads in the offseason.

Sitting at 4-5 and 7th in the region, can someone explain to me a scenario where Moeller gets into the playoffs at 4-6? Is it possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Moeller beats Winton Woods they're in.
If Moellerloses to Winton Woods they will need the following to happen:
-Milford beats West Clermont
-Mason beats Lakota East

If either of those two games go awry, then Moeller will need Sycamore or Fairfield to lose PLUS a bunch of L2 games go their way, including Hamilton over Lakota West and St Ignatius over St Edward.

-Mason beats Lakota East

If either of those two games go awry, then Moeller will need Sycamore or Fairfield to lose PLUS a bunch of L2 games go their way, including Hamilton over Lakota West and St Ignatius over St Edward.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to the Panthers this post season.

-Mason beats Lakota East

If they beat Winton Woods, what seed would they be?

The top 3 seeds in order are X, Colerain and Milford.
I think Sycamore, Mason and Elder all win on Friday to secure the 4-6 seeds.
If Moe beats WW they are the 7 seed and if they lose to WW fall to the 8 seed, switching spots with Fairfield.
Lakota East losing to Mason and West Clermont losing to Milford are likely which knock those 2 out of the top 8 spots.
So win finish 5-5 and face Colerain or lose finish 4-6 and face X.
You could be the first team to win a state title with a losing record.

If Moe beats WW they are the 7 seed and if they lose to WW fall to the 8 seed, switching spots with Fairfield.
Lakota East losing to Mason and West Clermont losing to Milford are likely which knock those 2 out of the top 8 spots.

If this crazy impossible, fantasy state championship happened, Would we also be the first to win with a "third-string"/ WR as a QB? Because I would think that would be fairly unique as well...

As ReLoad said, likely #7 ahead of Fairfield (assuming no upsets). FF plays 1-8 Middletown so not a lot of points coming their way. If Mason and Elder both lose, Moeller can get as high as #5 I believe (might need to check my math).

Sycamore is favored over 4-6 Princeton as is Milford over West Clermont. If Milford loses they will fall to #5 or #6 and allow Sycamore, Mason or Elder (assuming they all win) a chance for a home game.

Milford is better than West Clermont, but may have a hangover from the huge win vs Anderson in final seconds. West Clermont runs a Wing T and Fairmont did earlier this year and gave Milford a pounding in its only loss. Wing T may also run clock and keep Milford's offense off the field.

If this crazy impossible, fantasy state championship happened, Would we also be the first to win with a "third-string"/ WR as a QB? Because I would think that would be fairly unique as well...

they've beaten 2 decent teams all year. I would be happy with a w vs WW and a first round win. Have we even won two games in a row vs teams over .500 this year?

Listen I pull for the team as much as anyone, sadly Moe football is the only team college or pro that I really care about. But that W vs iggy was the exception to the rule of how things have gone this year.

There is a difference between optimism and a pipe dream.

Again just hoping for a victory vs WW so we don't have to take a trip to the nerd farm on North Bend road to be embarrassed at the hands of our arch rival.

West clermont must have really improved since august. Saw them scrimmage Moe and they could not get a positive play let alone a first down.

With a win we would move into most likely the 5th or 6th spot. A loss we would need for Milford to beat West Clermont and Mason to beat Lakota East to slid in at the 8th spot.

Maybe the Moeller football team can take a page from the lacrosse team that had a .500 record towards the end of the season then ran the table beating all of the top teams on their way to the state championship. quite honestly most would be happy just to make the playoffs after the last couple of years.

Maybe the Moeller football team can take a page from the lacrosse team that had a .500 record towards the end of the season then ran the table beating all of the top teams on their way to the state championship. quite honestly most would be happy just to make the playoffs after the last couple of years.

Yes, who knows.

Says a lot about state of program that its a big concern if we can beat Winton Woods and or make the playoffs.

On a positive note, the soccer team is making a deep run. Fingers crossed. We are starting to get a lot better in golf, soccer, lacrosse etc.. For a while X was a lot better than us in those type of sports. Hopefully we can keep steering great athletes in those sports to Montgomery. The basketball team is as good as ever. Hopefully the football and baseball programs can return to their former glory.

Impossible! You'd have to finish the regular season 2-8 to win State with a losing record!

Impossible! You'd have to finish the regular season 2-8 to win State with a losing record!

He's saying to finish the regular season with a losing record (4-6) and going on to win the State Championship. IF we don't win tomorrow, which I think we will, it's unbelievable to go 4-6 and make the playoffs. I've said it last year and this year "our schedule is BRUTAL!" Let's just win Friday and see what happens in the Playoffs. GBM!!!!

Yes, who knows.

Says a lot about state of program that its a big concern if we can beat Winton Woods and or make the playoffs.

On a positive note, the soccer team is making a deep run. Fingers crossed. We are starting to get a lot better in golf, soccer, lacrosse etc.. For a while X was a lot better than us in those type of sports. Hopefully we can keep steering great athletes in those sports to Montgomery. The basketball team is as good as ever. Hopefully the football and baseball programs can return to their former glory.
Unfortunately golf peaked when they won state a few years back and haven't done well since the long time coach left. Glad to see soccer doing well- they have beaten some quality teams.

Another embarrassing blow out loss last night. Back to back losing seasons. The program is at an all time low. Can this really go on another year?

Defense finishes the year giving up 265 points, the Coordinator tried so hard to break his previous record of 267. What a joke, I’ve voiced my issues here and directly with the school.

This has got to end, wholesale changes are needed and if not made, I don’t know what to say.

I don’t wanna hear how “tough” the schedule is...it always has been, come on! Now lack of home games, sure. But level of competition, come on!

To me, the performance on the defensive side of the ball is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’m getting up there in age.

I have concerns of how bad the program might look to prospective 8th graders.

Time for a new staff