Jonah Hill, "The Wolf of Wall Street"
Jared Leto, "Dallas Buyers Club"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Sally Hawkins, "Blue Jasmine"
Jennifer Lawrence, "American Hustle"
Lupita Nyong'o, "12 Years a Slave"
Julia Roberts, "August: Osage County"
June Squibb, "Nebraska"

Predictions in bold, what I want to win in red.

Also think Spike Jonze will win Best Original Screenplay for Her, and John Ridley will win Best Adapted Screenplay for 12 Years a Slave.

I've managed to go through my whole life without watching even one awards show -- Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, Grammies, Golden Globes, Espys, whatever -- and I've managed to survive. Someone once described the Oscars as a public display of mass masturbation. Not something I would want to watch.

Absolutely shocked that 12 yrs a Slave won for Best Picture.... Oscar bait all the way. Of course that was going to win.

Glad Spike Jonze won

I definitely don't think it was. THe subject matter however made it so it was going to win just to avoid the stigma in today's hollywood. I thought American Hustle, Wolf, Her and Dallas Buyers Club were better.

It's all subjective though. I just knew they had to give it to them and the guy Steve McQueen had the attitude that he was entitled to it as well.

The recent Oscar history for best picture is not that strong. You have this fat schmuck Harvey Weinstien buying off best picture Oscars with "Shakespear in Love" and the "Artists" or you have the acting block ganging up and picking their friends films like "Argo" or "Crash". Also this industry thinks they are the conscious of the country and they let the rest of the world know about it on this evening. Nothing like some over paid actor/actress telling you that the "Hollywood" has got it right.

I would have voted for Gravity. Years from now folks will be talking about this film in the cinema classes around the world for its directing techniques, stellar acting in difficult circumstance, and production level breakthroughs; 12 Years a Slave will be viewed as a well acted realistic reminder that slavery was bad.

Was happy to see McConaughey win Best Actor, and I thought his speech was fantastic. Also happy to see 12 Years a Slave win BP. Very well-deserved. Overall no surprises, other than maybe Best Supporting Actress.

I definitely don't think it was. THe subject matter however made it so it was going to win just to avoid the stigma in today's hollywood. I thought American Hustle, Wolf, Her and Dallas Buyers Club were better.

It's all subjective though. I just knew they had to give it to them and the guy Steve McQueen had the attitude that he was entitled to it as well.

I would agree that Her was better than 12 Years, but that's it. I don't think those others were close. American Hustle is easily the most overrated movie of the year, IMO. Dallas Buyers Club featured great performances, but the movie as a whole was lacking a bit, I thought.

Absolutely shocked that 12 yrs a Slave won for Best Picture.... Oscar bait all the way. Of course that was going to win.

Glad Spike Jonze won

Considering that several voters couldn't even watch 12 Years due to its honest brutality, I wouldn't call it Oscar Bait at all. Quite the opposite.

That brings me to another topic - if voters aren't even going to watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture, their vote shouldn't be allowed to count. How can you objectively vote for something when you aren't even familiar with the entire subject?

Also, not sure why people are saying that Leo "got robbed" or is "overdue." He's not even 40 yet. He spent the late-'00s kinda sucking on screen. He'll get his eventually, but McConaughey was most deserving last night, by far.

Considering that several voters couldn't even watch 12 Years due to its honest brutality, I wouldn't call it Oscar Bait at all. Quite the opposite.

That brings me to another topic - if voters aren't even going to watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture, their vote shouldn't be allowed to count. How can you objectively vote for something when you aren't even familiar with the entire subject?

I'm over the slavery thing as a whole. Feel bad for their past but that was 5-6 generations ago. I hate that people think WE should feel bad for it. I mean none of my family was even in America when that happened...

And as a person of Cuban heritage who presently has relatives I havent met at age of30 because they are under a dictator and cant leave the country, I think we need to broaden the scope of people suffering as portrayed by the media/film.