Search results

1. D

Do Conferences Even Matter Anymore With New Divisions

Take the GCL - Moeller and X in D1, Elder in D2, and LaSalle in D3. You're playing for a conference title with teams in 3 different divisions? And don't give me the nostalgic viewpoint on this. It makes no sense. If it's deemed these teams can't compete on the same level, why on earth are they...
  2. D

2024 GCL Season Discussion

Not sure I see anything in the GCL this year to knock off the dominance Moeller has been showing in all sports the last couple of years. They're the favorite with St X probably being their biggest threat in the GCL in 2024. They obviously lose Marshall, but I think you're going to see BIG things...
  3. D

SWOH D1 Thread

There's a GMC thread and a GCL thread, with a sprinkling of GWOC and ECC talk - let's just combine for those who want to talk SW region across the board. IMO, Moe and Centerville are a notch above everyone else, but I think if you put the following schools on the schedule, they would all be...
  4. D

Beacons of Light - Consolidation of Sports Is Beginning

In the Cincinnati Catholic leagues, it sounds like several parish families are beginning the process of consolidating sports programs this year and into next year. Several of us were told we were crazy when we said this would be inevitable, but here we are. The writing was on the wall. Several...
  5. D

Griffin Elite Showcase

I noticed on Elder's schedule they play IMG Academy on 12/15 at Griffin Elite. Is this some type of showcase with multiple teams? Do they have a court that would allow for a decent amount of spectators?
  6. D

Week 10 - LaSalle vs Elder

Elder fans worried about this one because they've been so banged up and their defense hasn't been great the past few weeks. Also the typical banter about Leadership scholarships and schools cheating to being in kids from outside of their feeders and Elder taking a bunch of kids from St Ignatius...
  7. D

Open Borders in Cincinnati - 10+ Years Later

How much of an impact has open borders had since the Diocese eliminated the rule where you have to attend a certain high school based on feeders? Has it been a positive change overall? Does it create an unfair athletic advantage for some schools? I believe a kid should have the option to choose...
  8. D

Xavier Jesuit Academy - St X Investing In Their Community

I think this is a great story for St Xavier. This school will provide inner city students an avenue for a great education and a pipeline of enrollment to St Xavier in the future. What a fantastic way to reach out in their community and provide an opportunity for urban students to attend this...
  9. D

State of Elder Athletics in Open Borders Era

Interested to hear the views of open borders from different perspectives. Do you view open borders as a positive or negative in HS athletics? You can see the consolidation of talent that has happened for certain programs and how it has elevated them. They have used it to their athletic...
  10. D

2023 GCYL League Discussion

Not looking good for the westside schools this year. The best teams are probably Cov Cath, Michaels, SMOY and James. Omar needs to find some studs to get to Elder. The best of the traditional westside teams is Visitation, but they aren't in the same tier as the teams above. The Vols, Victory...
  11. D

Week 4 - Elder vs St Edward

Since they won't let me be honest in the Elder forum and Omar hijacks it with Ed's hate, perhaps we can get some real discussion here. Always an interesting game at the Pit when these two teams meet. Elder has knocked off some very, very good Eds team, and hung tough with them last year. Both...
  12. D

Week 4: Elder vs St Edward

Ed's is obviously very good, but are also a ball control team, much like Elder. Elder will need to use the same recipe as last season to keep this competitive. I think it's going to be tough for Elder to maintain long drives this year, however, so they need to find a way to get some big chunks...