Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Notices

Old 11-14-12, 06:33 AM
All Region

PurplePantherPit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyMarine View Post
Don't close the Elberon exit, close RR!! I was using Elberon until this morning.
Now using Queen City.
They listened to me and closed the Elberon exit. I would imagine this helps greatly.
Old 11-14-12, 10:07 AM
All American

Elderfan2 is on a distinguished road
Anyone take it this morning? I went a different way, just wondering if it was any better.
Old 11-14-12, 12:53 PM
All Region

PurplePantherPit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderfan2 View Post
Anyone take it this morning? I went a different way, just wondering if it was any better.
They turned the lights off and closed the exit ramp up to Elberon on the new ramp (West Bound). Things are now like they have been for the past few months. There is no exit to Warsaw or Elberon (West Bound) now but you can still go up to State and turn right to get to either.
Old 11-15-12, 11:54 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderfan2 View Post
Tuesday I went up Basset to Elberon and it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get on 50. Wednesday I stayed on 50 and things actually flowed faster than they have in the past couples months. Traffic really didn't even start to slow up until after the merge arrow. Today 50 looked a little backed up again so I went Elberon and traffic was moving great and didn't backup until the merge on 50. Not sure if they've actually fixed anything or people might just being going different routes after the mess earlier in the week.
Old 11-15-12, 12:08 PM
All Region

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
I did try the interchange when you turn go under the old viaduct and take State St. which connects to Warsaw and Elberon. Talk about an accident waiting to happen. There appeared to be no stop sign for any of the lanes intersecting. People were confused and not sure who had the right of way. There were a lot of unhappy drivers.

Anyone else use this interchange?
Old 11-15-12, 08:00 PM
Varsity

vanman396 is on a distinguished road
I was told at one time that there was a swim club on Gehrum Lane off of Queen City opposite four-towers apartments. I drove back there and all that I saw were apartments - trying to figure out where the swim club was. Was told that it was closed up in the late '60s or early 70's. Anyone remember the place, who owned it or what it was called?
Old 11-16-12, 12:44 AM
All American

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman396 View Post
I was told at one time that there was a swim club on Gehrum Lane off of Queen City opposite four-towers apartments. I drove back there and all that I saw were apartments - trying to figure out where the swim club was. Was told that it was closed up in the late '60s or early 70's. Anyone remember the place, who owned it or what it was called?
I also heard that there was a swim club on Wells Avenue, South of w8th. I think I can see the back of the pool area from Fairbanks. I was told that there were three pools, a kiddie pool, a normal pool and a deep water pool for diving. I was told that it was a pay pool in the thirties and forties and was kept open by the owners of the house on the property for the kids in the neighborhood during the fifties.
Old 11-16-12, 05:38 AM
All Ohio

polar panther is on a distinguished road
wow, I thought I was old because I could remember the pools at Rapid Run, Queen City, and Oskamp. I don't remember it but I do know there was a pool at Dempsey Park as well. Never heard of the one on Gehrum, must have been before my time.
Old 11-16-12, 05:39 AM
All Ohio

I meant to add the pool at Boldface, or Pete Rose Fields, I remember that one as well.
Old 11-16-12, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001
Is there still a fence atop the pavilion at Boldface to prevent ne'er-do-wells from jumping off the roof into the pool?
Old 11-16-12, 09:32 AM
All Region

jjk10 is on a distinguished road
The pool at Boldface is long gone.
Old 11-17-12, 10:29 AM
All American

JRT is on a distinguished road
There was a swim club on Gerhum Lane. I do believe it was just called the Gerhum Swim Club. Neighbors of mine on Iliff Ave went there to swim.

I too remember the pool at Rapid Run Park. We used to walk there to swim alot in the summer during the mid to late 60's. That is where I took my first swim lessons.
Old 11-18-12, 12:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
I too remember the pool at Rapid Run Park. We used to walk there to swim alot in the summer during the mid to late 60's. That is where I took my first swim lessons.
swim lessons at Rapid Run, I remember if you passed you got a duck to sew onto your suit, if you didn't pass you got a fish. Kind of harsh now that I look back on it, but that's OK, it's better than the ways of today, where no one wants hurt feelings for their little ones.
Old 11-21-12, 01:33 PM
All American

Come to the parade tomorrow. It is a very westside thing to do.
Old 11-21-12, 09:01 PM
All Region

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
In keeping with Thanksgiving the Enquirer in the Retro Section highlighted the Elder West Hi Thanksgiving game. The link give you a history of the rivalry, some old photos from the game both at the Pit and Riverfront Stadium and three articles from the game. One of the articles is the recap of the last game in 1978. Be interested in anyone can identify any of the players in the photos.

Here is the link

http://retro.cincinnati.com/Topics/B...ice-Hill-pride
Old 11-22-12, 11:02 PM
All American

Great parade today. Great weather. More floats and other entries then there has been for years. Great job by Elder grad, Mark Armstrong and Price Hill Civic.
Old 11-28-12, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001
The episode of Restaurant Impossible featuring Roher's Taven airs tonight at 9PM. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2012/...sible-tonight/
Old 11-28-12, 10:04 PM
Cooling Off

Hal L. is on a distinguished road
Yes, I am a true westsider.
Old 11-29-12, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Great parade today. Great weather. More floats and other entries then there has been for years. Great job by Elder grad, Mark Armstrong and Price Hill Civic.
Saw this coverage of the parade online: http://www.examiner.com/article/grea...anksgiving-day
Old 11-29-12, 01:11 PM
All American

JRT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
The episode of Restaurant Impossible featuring Roher's Taven airs tonight at 9PM. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2012/...sible-tonight/
It also repeats on Sat. Dec 1 at 2:00 pm.
Old 12-02-12, 01:59 PM
Cooling Off

elduh09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal L. View Post
Yes, I am a true westsider.
As am I.
Old 12-04-12, 08:36 PM
Varsity

vanman396 is on a distinguished road
Can anyone confirm that Take 5 Sports Bar on Harrison Ave. closed down a couple months ago? With all of the new businesses/homes I thought that their business would be better than ever. When I passed by it last summer they were always packed in the evening and seemed to have an upper-hand on the other bars that were located within a mile radius.

The new owner/manager of the Buckethead Sports Bar (formerly Top-Shelf) behind Wendy's, is said to be be one of the former owners of Take Five.
Old 12-05-12, 10:13 AM
All World

Jteegardner
Quote:
Can anyone confirm that Take 5 Sports Bar on Harrison Ave. closed down a couple months ago? With all of the new businesses/homes I thought that their business would be better than ever. When I passed by it last summer they were always packed in the evening and seemed to have an upper-hand on the other bars that were located within a mile radius.

The new owner/manager of the Buckethead Sports Bar (formerly Top-Shelf) behind Wendy's, is said to be be one of the former owners of Take Five.
The web site is down and the phone number is disconnected. Doesn't look good
Old 12-05-12, 10:14 AM
All American

Elderfan2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'm not sure if Take 5 is still open, but you are correct that one of the owners is now the manager at Buckethead Sports Bar. The owners had a falling out (he said she said stole money etc.) and I know that some of the them parted ways.
Old 12-05-12, 10:21 AM
All American

Older Panther
Quote:

Yes Take 5 has closed. They were busy but ran into some management issues.
Old 12-05-12, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Shifting the conversation to something more positive, what's everyone's favorite west side only restauraunts? Mine hands down is Sebastian's, also a big fan of Wild Mikes.
Old 12-05-12, 10:54 AM
Freshman

purplerain88 is on a distinguished road
Favorite restaurants

I concur on wild mikes. A personal favorite also is the imperial on glenmore. Used to go there with my grandfather, excellent home style cooking. Love the fried chicken. Anyone remember the italian restaurant that used to be next to price hill chili, I think it was called bella napoli? I thought the food wasnt too bad, a friend of mine worked there, I would stop up to see her.
Old 12-05-12, 11:22 AM
Cooling Off

elduh09 is on a distinguished road
Easily Sebastian's or Wild Mikes. Then Price Hill Chili in a close 3rd.
Old 12-06-12, 07:09 AM
All World

Jteegardner
1. Price Hill Chili
2. Stephens Old Village on harrison ave
3. Willie's
Old 12-06-12, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

JElder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jteegardner View Post
1. Price Hill Chili
2. Stephens Old Village on harrison ave
3. Willie's
Willies? They are all over Cincy. I also think the service is HORRIBLE is Western Hills.