Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Notices

Old 02-26-14, 12:04 PM
All World

tucker
mason over turpin?

what exactly did mason do to hold mccormick to 5 points and no field goals?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-14, 12:09 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker View Post
what exactly did mason do to hold mccormick to 5 points and no field goals?
played good defense...
Old 02-26-14, 12:12 PM
All World

tucker
did u see the word exactly? did they play him straight up, double him, or box and one?
Old 02-26-14, 12:38 PM
All District

CincyBballFTW is on a distinguished road
He's not that hard to stop from scoring to be honest. Any team that is somewhat competent on defense can keep him locked down. You just play a box and 1 with your best defender and your good. Helps if you have someone with decent length as he is less inclined to shoot over those guys.

I heard they played a lot of box and 1 and then some straight up man later in the game.
Old 02-26-14, 12:52 PM
All American

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
The rest of that team isn't very good at all. Focus all your attention on him and you should be good to go. Plus he has a tendancy to take himself out of games. If things aren't going his way he gets extremely frustrated and it affects his entire game.
Old 02-26-14, 01:53 PM
All Region

CometCountry
Mason plays as good straight up MTM as anyone--no Box and 1 last night--of course McCormick gets frustrated and racks up another "T"--surely has to lead the City in tech's for this season and a career. Should be a great defensive game Friday as GCL LaSalle takes on GMC Mason at Cintas.
Old 02-26-14, 03:19 PM
All American

I don't think I've ever in almost 30 years of watching high school basket seen a kid that chirps at the refs as much as him. It's a shame too because he is wasting so much time, energy, and talent on meaningless crap.
Old 02-26-14, 03:23 PM
All District

CincyBballFTW is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
I don't think I've ever in almost 30 years of watching high school basket seen a kid that chirps at the refs as much as him. It's a shame too because he is wasting so much time, energy, and talent on meaningless crap.

Thats what happens when a kid clearly feels that he is better than everyone on his team and refuses to see it any other way. He's obviously the best on the team but he doesn't need to act like it because it's only going to screw things up in the end. If he was a team player Turpin could actually be pretty solid. They had Moeller on the ropes his sophomore year but then he started running his mouth and Moeller pulled away in the 3rd and 4th. He's always been a shoot first yell at the rest of the team after type of player.
Old 02-26-14, 03:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Mason plays as good straight up MTM as anyone--no Box and 1 last night--of course McCormick gets frustrated and racks up another "T"--surely has to lead the City in tech's for this season and a career. Should be a great defensive game Friday as GCL LaSalle takes on GMC Mason at Cintas.
I think Mason will struggle with LaSalle's in your face defense. From what I've seen, Mason's guards have suspect handles. A team like LaSalle will expose that really quick. I say LaSalle by a 10-15.

Edit: now that can all change if they start jacking up tons of threes and they are going down. A hot night behind the arc can change the outcome of any game.
Old 02-26-14, 04:00 PM
All World

JBaller
McCormick was 0-14 from the field. Wow.

I think Mason vs. Lasalle will be a very good game. They play similar styles of basketball. They play a lot of players, they are methodical on offense, and they play in-your-face defense. Both are well-coached. This will be a GCL-style basketball game. I would give Lasalle the edge. They are more athletic than Mason and have more talent, and, like Philly_Cat mentioned, Mason doesn't handle it that great. The way Mason defends and executes offensively, though, they have a shot.
Old 02-26-14, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

JElder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
It AMAZES me how much Turpin let that kid get away with! I'm more embarrassed for the school and community of Turpin then I am him. He has enablers everywhere and the kid is going to freaking Miami..
Old 02-26-14, 04:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
It AMAZES me how much Turpin let that kid get away with! I'm more embarrassed for the school and community of Turpin then I am him. He has enablers everywhere and the kid is going to freaking Miami..
You discipline him and he goes somewhere else... it's the culture that has been created in HS sports.
Old 02-26-14, 06:47 PM
All Region

scoreboard is on a distinguished road
1st mason was better team and would win 8 out of 10. Second zach was sick and throwing up all day. Some of this stuff is amusing. Anyone who went to that game would have seen that #2 for mason was the only one acting up during that game however since he is not going to a d1 school he gets a free ride. The kid plays sick and gets abused for it. Lmfao
Old 02-26-14, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

JElder
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
You discipline him and he goes somewhere else... it's the culture that has been created in HS sports.
So???
Old 02-26-14, 09:39 PM
All District

bballer62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
1st mason was better team and would win 8 out of 10. Second zach was sick and throwing up all day. Some of this stuff is amusing. Anyone who went to that game would have seen that #2 for mason was the only one acting up during that game however since he is not going to a d1 school he gets a free ride. The kid plays sick and gets abused for it. Lmfao
Thank you Mr.Mccormack....the kid is talented but guess what, not every ref has it in for him...Sometimes when there's smoke, there's fire. I blame his coach! Period a player has no business ever complaining to a ref and he does it constantly. It doesn't come with the territory of being a good player that you get the right to complain.
Old 02-26-14, 09:43 PM
All Ohio

HS_sports_fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
So???
Exactly.
Old 02-26-14, 10:18 PM
All World

JBaller
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
This is an interesting problem at a lot of public schools. At a GCL school, you can be tough on a kid and not care if he quits because there are plenty of other kids who are talented and will work hard. At most public schools, there are only 3-4 kids in a grade that can really play, so a lot of coaches don't want to run the risk of running a kid off. Some coaches don't care and have less talented teams a lot of times because of it. Take Wally Vickers at Lakota East. However, this is a difficult thing to do for less established coaches who need to win to keep their jobs.
Old 02-27-14, 12:27 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer62 View Post
Thank you Mr.Mccormack....the kid is talented but guess what, not every ref has it in for him...Sometimes when there's smoke, there's fire. I blame his coach! Period a player has no business ever complaining to a ref and he does it constantly. It doesn't come with the territory of being a good player that you get the right to complain.
That's funny because I was thinking it sounded like his dad talking too. Regardless of whether it was or not he sure sounded like he was his pops lol.

I think every game except maybe 1, I've seen the kid get a technical in. And from what I hear it wasn't just the games I've seen. He gets T'd up on the regular and has his entire high school career. Can one really blame that on the refs having it out for you???
Old 02-27-14, 08:21 AM
Varsity

cane dad is on a distinguished road
Zac's attitude started at wilm. The "superstars" are coddled here. Our two "superstars" here now are getting away with just about everything. Anybody else that did somethings that they have done would be gone. Cheating in class,quitting multi. times, causing drama all the time. Football coachis gone for letting it happen, maybe BB coach is next!!!!
Old 02-27-14, 08:42 AM
All District

Perk Diggler is on a distinguished road
What kind of an example as a coach are you setting if you are scared to discipline a KID??? If he leaves so what!!!
Old 02-27-14, 08:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk Diggler View Post
What kind of an example as a coach are you setting if you are scared to discipline a KID??? If he leaves so what!!!
I don't disagree with you guys, I was just pointing out what the Turpin coach is probably facing.
Old 02-27-14, 11:22 AM
Freshman

MrGMC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
You sir, are one of the most ignorant human beings on this board (besides the point where Mason is the better team). While Thomas (#2) for Mason has somewhat of a mouth, that is no excuse for McCormick getting a technical. A player that is mentally tough does not let other players effect them to that extent. From what I've seen from Zach is that he has zero mental toughness for that matter. If this was his first technical, that's one thing..but he has been suspended this season for getting ejected due to multiple T's. Also being sick is no excuse as well. If he is healthy enough to play, then you can't use being sick as a reason he was 0-14. And no one is abusing him for playing sick? Where did that come from? Sorry that your boy couldn't throw a pea in the ocean in his last game. I wish Zach the best trying to turn it around at Miami and Turpin the best rebuilding next season.
Old 02-27-14, 02:43 PM
All World

tucker
is the turpin coming back next season? they don't have a lot of talent coming up.
Old 02-27-14, 03:05 PM
All Region

CometCountry
Nope--just filled in on an interim basis--teaches at McNick and graduates 4 starters including McCormick. Goes out with a piece of the ECC title--not bad!