Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Kenton by 20+ 9 12.16%
Kenton by 8-19 24 32.43%
Kenton by 1-7 6 8.11%
Clinton-Massie by 1-7 24 32.43%
Clinton-Massie by 8-19 11 14.86%
Clinton-Massie by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-13, 05:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast#1 View Post
Clinton-Massie is a perennial powerhouse and won state last year. You're going to tell me that they have never heard of Massie. I meant no disrespect to Bryan. I was saying that because RahRah was acting like Kenton had beaten a state champ or something.
Please dont put words in my mouth!.........Sounds like you like to stroke your own ego alittle......Calling Massie a "perennial powerhouse".....You said I dont know anything about HS football?......I knew all about Bryan long before yesterday.........Most people have never heard of CM either........Bet EVERYONE has heard of KENTON! RAH-RAH
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-13, 06:07 PM
All Region

I'm going to be honest, if you have not heard of Clinton-Massie after last season, then you live under a rock.

Massie is a different team than the last time Kenton played them. I understand Kenton fans and others are basing this match-up on that happened then, but Massie does things a bit differently. I think Kenton does the same thing, but they are very good at it. Massie doesn't have much trouble defending the pass, Alter got off a few good passes, so what? It's not like they just picked apart the secondary and put a ton of points on the board.
I have watched a few YouTube videos and clips of Kenton and yeah, they're good. You would be hard pressed to say a team isn't good when they are around week 14 but I can promise Kenton fans that they have not seen a rushing attack that is similar to Massie, just like Massie hasn't faced an air raid offense like Kenton's. Massie knows something about scoring lots of points, they have the state record for points in a season. I think the advantage is, Massie saw a very good defense last week that is going to prepare the players for what they're going to see this week. Massie also is a little more physical than the teams Kenton has played, but it will all be decided on Friday.

Piqua? Troy? Where is the most likely spot?
Old 11-23-13, 06:16 PM
All District

RAHRAH, this will be my one and only post to you. You and beast sound like two bickering babies. Both programs are quality programs. Massie IS a perennial powerhouse. They have one of the longest playoff runs in the state, 1 state title and just won their third straight regional title. I think that qualifies them as a power. Kenton is also a very respected program. I'm not sure on all of the accomplishments but I at least think they have 2 state titles in 3 tries over the past 10-12 years. Also commendable. Their record vs one another is 2-1 in favor of Kenton. I look forward to a great game but don't look forward to reading a bunch of childish trash talk anymore.
Old 11-23-13, 06:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHRAH4KENTON View Post
Please dont put words in my mouth!.........Sounds like you like to stroke your own ego alittle......Calling Massie a "perennial powerhouse".....You said I dont know anything about HS football?......I knew all about Bryan long before yesterday.........Most people have never heard of CM either........Bet EVERYONE has heard of KENTON! RAH-RAH
You wouldn't consider something like 13 straight playoff appearances, 3 straight final 4 appearances, and a state championship last year a perennial powerhouse? I'm sure most people that follow HS football know about CM. Please tell me why I should know about Bryan. When was the last time they won a state championship? How many final 4 appearances in recent memory? I bet the only reason why you knew of Bryan is because they are close to Kenton. Again, my comments in no way are a knock on Bryan. I just want to see how RAHRAH can in any way justify his absurd comments.
Old 11-23-13, 06:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorris_99 View Post
RAHRAH, this will be my one and only post to you. You and beast sound like to bickering babies. Both programs are quality programs. Massie IS a perennial powerhouse. They have one of the longest playoff runs in the state, 1 state title and just won their third straight regional title. I think that qualifies them as a power. Kenton is also a very respected program. I'm not sure on all of the accomplishments but I at least think they have 2 state titles in 3 tries over the past 10-12 years. Also commendable. Their record vs one another is 2-1 in favor of Kenton. I look forward to a great game but don't look forward to reading a bunch of childish trash talk anymore.
I am only trying to defend CM and show RAHRAH that his comments are in no way accurate.
Old 11-23-13, 06:24 PM
All District

I know but sometimes things are better left alone. RAHRAH has been around a long time (not just on this site) and proves to be an arrogant idiot every year. He/she only makes Kenton people look foolish.
Old 11-23-13, 06:43 PM
All District

NOTE to ALL.............GO BACK AND RE-READ POST#23 OF MINE!....iTS ON PAGE #1............CHILL OUT ALITTLE!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-13, 07:42 PM
All District

Wink

I am a huge high school football fan and I agree with CMorris. The trash talk sounds like 2 jr high kids. If either of you know anything, then you would stop arguing about nonsense. Both teams are huge powerhouses in the state of ohio. Both have reached the highest accomplishment in the sport. Both are deep in the playoffs year after year.

I will disagree with CMorris on one note. I don't believe either team has does anything really different this year than in the past. Massie might throw it a tad more but it's not like your in the gun. Let's be honest, massie prides themselves on punishing teams on D, and demoralizing teams on O with their long drives that you simply just can't stop. Kenton hangs their hat on scoring in bunches and also demoralizing teams with their system offense. However Kenton IMO has never really had a premiere defense.

As far as the bickering goes about the past games between two.....I believe it's pretty simple. Massie was better the first time and Kenton was better the last two times. That's it. Period.

So who's gonna win come this Friday? I have no idea. I think it could easily go either way. Can the Kenton defense hold up to the pounding? Or can the the massie offense limit the amount of possessions of Kenton. I think that will be the determining factor.

Best of luck to both teams in what I think will be a hard hitting intense football game in the best football state in the country.
(Let's see them Texas and Florida boys come up and play in the elements like we do.)
Old 11-23-13, 07:48 PM
All Region

that_guy,

I think Massie does some different things on offense other than a few additional passes. Just seems like they have a better mix of plays and such than what they've had 3-4 years ago.
Old 11-23-13, 08:10 PM
All District

CM.

I see massie play year in and year out. I'm not sure what they do that is different. Can you explain. I assume you see many more massie games a year than I do. The only thing I see is maybe a formation or two. Still primarily run power, trap, toss sweep, with the cross buck and counter sweep(which is a sweet play by the way)
Old 11-23-13, 08:35 PM
All Region

I can't prove anything statistically, other than they have a few more pass attempts and yards this year. I just think in previous years they were primarily a bone team against everyone and now they change it depending on who they play as to what formations they will be in. They seem to just mix plays up a little more and it seems to really make the defense more honest, allowing their offense to move the ball. Clearly they still run the ball, that will never change and I'm a big fan of that!
Old 11-23-13, 08:59 PM
All District

I like Kenton in this one, I think Kenton has way to much offense and their D is very respectable yes they gave up 43 to Bryan who by the way is a power house this year and easily could have won that game because they were so similar. Massie is also a power house with a whole different style of offense that Kenton seems to do good against, Kenton can run the ball when they have to they just dont have to very often either way I think this will be a good game but kenton should pour it on in the second half.

I'll say Kenton 53
Massie 34
Old 11-23-13, 09:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramie fan View Post
I like Kenton in this one, I think Kenton has way to much offense and their D is very respectable yes they gave up 43 to Bryan who by the way is a power house this year and easily could have won that game because they were so similar. Massie is also a power house with a whole different style of offense that Kenton seems to do good against, Kenton can run the ball when they have to they just dont have to very often either way I think this will be a good game but kenton should pour it on in the second half.

I'll say Kenton 53
Massie 34
So matty couldn't put 50 up on massie but Sherman will? Massies defense is playing better now than they have all year. I'm not saying that it won't happen I just don't think it's very realistic.
Old 11-23-13, 09:51 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Can you explain what makes this years team the best in Kenton's history compared to in years past? Were the Mauks better or is Sherman?
This team is more dangerous because the offense is just as potent and the defense is probably the best theyve had in decades. It didnt show last night because it turned into a track meet. Kenton shut down a much larger Wapak running game earlier this year. I think Kentons physicality and coaching has what it takes to get to the finals this year.
Old 11-23-13, 10:16 PM
Varsity

Talk all the Smack you like, we'll see you and your smack on the field WE ARE MASSIE!
Old 11-23-13, 11:59 PM
All Region

Wink

HAHA,
Had little time at work tonight to check out the Bryan juggernaught with which we should all be familiar! Since 2000 they have made the playoffs 3 times with a total of 3 wins. Not exactly Massie-esk!
Old 11-24-13, 08:48 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Wow all these Kenton fans making themselves look dumb thinking they are going to roll on in a semifinal game against the defending state champs. Clinton-Massie thrives on doubters. Keep doubting them because it only makes them work harder. Massie has been doubted in most games in the playoffs the past two years and look where that got them. People said the same thing last year when Massie played St. Clairesville. They said they can't beat a passing team, but look at the result. Massie will win this game by chewing off the clock. How is Kenton going to score so many points if Massie has the ball for 6+ minutes per drive? Massie had the ball against Alter for pretty much the entire 3rd quarter! I can guarantee you Kenton's defense is nothing like Alter's. Massie will have success against Kenton's defense and I'm sure Kenton will have success against Massie's defense. This will be an offensive game and I think Massie pulls out the win.
top cm 36 minutes kenton 12 minutes score kenton 44 cm 14
Old 11-24-13, 12:59 PM
Fan of Eagle

Game is at Dayton Welcome on Friday night
Old 11-24-13, 01:12 PM
All Region

Not a bad choice. It's not the best stadium but it will hold the crowd.
Old 11-24-13, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
There will be a huge number of casual fans that should take this game in I would think.
Old 11-24-13, 02:17 PM
All Ohio

Another great selection. I think this is the perfect venue for this one. Battle on the Banks of the Great Miami II. Which team imposes their will? Will it be ground and pound hand to hand combat or will it be death from above shock and awe. I refuse to count out the defending State Champion's, but I think it will be a tremendous amount of pressure on them to have to score on nearly every possession. Both of these teams are great, but if I am a Defensive coordinator having seen both teams, I am a lot more comfortable trying to stop CMs offense than Kenton's.
Old 11-24-13, 03:08 PM
Freshman

Dayton is definetly a good spot for this one. Should be another great battle between these two DIV powers!
Old 11-24-13, 04:07 PM
Freshman

Quote:
They didn't pass much in the game last night because it was windy. Also, of the passes that were thrown they were right on the money, but were dropped. That usually doesn't happen. You can't base your opinion off of one game you've seen.
It was windy in findlay too and sherman was 56 of 78 for 486 yards
Old 11-24-13, 06:48 PM
All District

Hear ya go...... The Kenton v/s Wapak(a DIII team) high-lights from this year......Wapak reminds me of a CM team........A team that wants to ground and pound and controll the clock.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3WQEH3y6BI
Old 11-24-13, 06:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHRAH4KENTON View Post
Hear ya go...... The Kenton v/s Wapak(a DIII team) high-lights from this year......Wapak reminds me of a CM team........A team that wants to ground and pound and controll the clock.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3WQEH3y6BI
Comparing Wapak to Clinton-Massie is just plain stupid.
Old 11-24-13, 06:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Comparing Wapak to Clinton-Massie is just plain stupid.
O ok...How many times have YOU ever watched Wapak?.........Its just an opinion from someone who has watched BOTH over the years.......Dont watch it if its stupid then...........Or maybe watch it and then educate me and tell me why its stupid to compare the 2?....
Old 11-24-13, 07:05 PM
Freshman

He is right Rahrah...as a Kenton grad and fan myself.....I will say that Massie is in a different class. Although I think they would compete well on the field because of their similar style and similar size.
Old 11-24-13, 07:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by kftball45 View Post
He is right Rahrah...as a Kenton grad and fan myself.....I will say that Massie is in a different class. Although I think they would compete well on the field because of their similar style and similar size.
Thats my point.....I didnt mean 1 was better then the other just similar styles....
Old 11-24-13, 07:16 PM
All Region

So what was the issue with Celina? Seems they held their own on D against Kenton and just couldn't muster enough offense. I don't know much about them except for they seemed to have had a pretty good year. Did Kenton just have a bad game? Weather? or was Celina just not afraid of the Kenton and decided they were going to come to play and give the Wildcats a rough time?
Old 11-24-13, 07:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMxFalcons View Post
So what was the issue with Celina? Seems they held their own on D against Kenton and just couldn't muster enough offense. I don't know much about them except for they seemed to have had a pretty good year. Did Kenton just have a bad game? Weather? or was Celina just not afraid of the Kenton and decided they were going to come to play and give the Wildcats a rough time?
Celina put alot of pressure on Sherman and sacked him a few times......Sherman did not progress throught his reads like he should have....Locked on the big play or 1 receiver too much........Celina had a good year comming into that game.......Weather was not a factor.........Kenton had zero touchdown passes in that game..........Id say Celina had something to do with Kenton having a bad game.........Kenton has not had a game like that since then......Kinda reminded me of what CM did the 1st time we played them.....