Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Glenville by 20+ 20 18.02%
Glenville by 8-19 32 28.83%
Glenville by 1-7 16 14.41%
Highland by 1-7 37 33.33%
Highland by 8-19 4 3.60%
Highland by 20+ 2 1.80%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-13, 09:30 AM
Freshman

iOHiOProspects is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Not to mention the fact that Habeeb is an Avon LB, not a Highland player or an OL.
That's who they mentioned, never said that Habeeb was from Highland. He is on Avons team, playing as #43 he played mostly played Outside Linebacker most of the year before his injury.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-13, 09:32 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Martice Jackson ‏@Eleven_Era 10h Highland about to get massacred by Glenville next week. Good win tho. Must give credit when its due.
So what does a post on Twitter from a kid that plays for Wadsworth have to do with this game?
Old 11-23-13, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

cjb56
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOHiOProspects View Post
That's who they mentioned, never said that Habeeb was from Highland. He is on Avons team, playing as #43 he played mostly played Outside Linebacker most of the year before his injury.
He's a fine player, and I'm sure he can find a spot on a local D3 college roster if he wants it.
Old 11-23-13, 09:35 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
So what does a post on Twitter from a kid that plays for Wadsworth have to do with this game?
Agree, This kid has been giving Highland a hard time ever since they beat Wadsworth. Highland shut down Martice the whole game, and only now he can root against them. Pure jealousy is all i see here.
Old 11-23-13, 09:35 AM
All District

HornetDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
5 kids who don't start? , Bruce Kinsey is their starting Quarter-Back, get your facts straight. Come back to this website when you know a little about the team.
Congrats! That's the only one you hit on!
Old 11-23-13, 09:41 AM
TARBLOODER BOY

macnjnc is on a distinguished road
Hello everybody!

I saw the Avon Vs Highland game on STO (Sports Time Ohio) yesterday and did a little scouting.
Highland will be a much tougher go than Madison was for us. Highland looks a bit bigger compared to Madison and their defense seems to be more fundamentally sound and flow to the ball better. I would definitely classify these guys as more of a swarming bunch.

The question of the day is will Highland be able to limit Glenville's big play ability. I think the Tarblooders will be able to break some but "how much" or how many will be a key component. Highland runs the read option with their offense and it may cause a misread here or there but I think we'll be OK overall. This late in the tournament means you have some good teams. Highland is well coached and I think this will be a good game. Someone may pull away late.

Good luck to both teams
Old 11-23-13, 09:41 AM
All District

Quote:
As a strong follower of the Highland Hornets, i came to the conclusion that this will be the hardest game they will come by. When i heard that people started to compare Massillon's team to Glenvilles, I simply started to laugh. Massillon was overrated, had way to much hype by the media, and were not ready for that kind of playoff game (Freshman Qb Choked Under Pressure). Will their QB be a success in the future? Probably yes, mostly because half of the players parents hold their kids back a year hoping that they will be "better" . Highland is a football team made up of talented young bloods, and experienced talent. They stung the hell out of those Tigers , considering that half of their fans were piling out of the stadium before the game was over. Knowing that Lombo has something up his sleeve for Glenville, this could be a great close game. Had many scouts at the game Highland Vs Avon. Many said they were interested in the following: Matt Svoboda WR 6'3 172lbs, Alex Habeeb OL 5'9 180lbs, Bruce Kinsey QB 6'2 190lbs, and Jarrod Mosley TE 6'4 185lbs.
BTW, if the scouts really wanted to talk to Jarrod Mosley, they could've just sat next to him in the stands! He doesn't even play football!
Old 11-23-13, 09:44 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnjnc View Post
Hello everybody!

I saw the Avon Vs Highland game on STO (Sports Time Ohio) yesterday and did a little scouting.
Highland will be a much tougher go than Madison was for us. Highland looks a bit bigger compared to Madison and their defense seems to be more fundamentally sound and flow to the ball better. I was definitely classify these guys as more of a swarming bunch.

The question of the day is will Highland be able to limit Glenville's big play ability. I think the Tarblooders will be able to break some but "how much" or how many will be a key component. Highland runs the read option with their offense and it may cause a misread here or there but I think we'll be OK overall.

Good luck to both teams
Welcome mac! I think that's the general consensus on here! Limit their big play ability, mainly by eating clock and keeping their "O" off the field! Also win the turnover game!
Old 11-23-13, 09:45 AM
All American

On The Money is on a distinguished road
Quote:
5 kids who don't start? , Bruce Kinsey is their starting Quarter-Back, get your facts straight. Come back to this website when you know a little about the team.
Thank you, Mrs. Svoboda. I had no idea who started at QB for Highland. Now go make breakfast for your son.
Old 11-23-13, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06
Highland held the ball for all but 4:30 in the 2nd half against Avon. That is what Highland needs to do against Glenville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Indeed, what does a post from a kid who played against Highland this year have to do with Highland football.
What I have learned most on Yappi this season is how poor the academic standards are outside Medina County.
Old 11-23-13, 09:48 AM
TARBLOODER BOY

macnjnc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetDad View Post
Welcome mac! I think that's the general consensus on here! Limit their big play ability, mainly by eating clock and keeping their "O" off the field! Also win the turnover game!
Thank You.

Who's strength overpowers the opposing teams strength? Th actual ballgame will tell this story obviously.
Glenville's propensity for having numerous penalties makes me VERY nervous. We're getting penalized WAY too much in the post season but it has always been that way for us.
Old 11-23-13, 09:49 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Thank you, Mrs. Svoboda. I had no idea who started at QB for Highland. Now go make breakfast for your son.
Screw off, I'm not even a parent you idiot. Sources say that Nick Saban is coming to the Glenville vs Highland game. #HornetNation
Old 11-23-13, 09:52 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnjnc View Post
Thank You.

Who's strength overpowers the opposing teams strength? Th actual ballgame will tell this story obviously.
Glenville's propensity for having numerous penalties makes me VERY nervous. We're getting penalized WAY too much in the post season but it has always been that way for us.
Yeah, I said that last night after our game! Disipline and kicking game! How is your kicking game this year? I know it's been poor in years past!
Old 11-23-13, 09:54 AM
All Region

SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Screw off, I'm not even a parent you idiot. Sources say that Nick Saban is coming to the Glenville vs Highland game. #HornetNation

Yeah, not to watch Highland.

This isn't even a game. Glenville is competitive on the top end of D1. Playing Highland is a waste of their time.
Old 11-23-13, 09:55 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Yeah, not to watch Highland.

This isn't even a game. Glenville is competitive on the top end of D1. Playing Highland is a waste of their time.
Yeah, i agree, also considering that many of their past players play for some big D1 colleges. But Highland isn't a waste of their time, if anything Highland will test their true ability to see if they are the team who people say they are.
Old 11-23-13, 09:58 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetDad View Post
Yeah, I said that last night after our game! Disipline and kicking game! How is your kicking game this year? I know it's been poor in years past!

Glenville's kicking game =

Thinking Glenville will have to worry about kicking against Highland
Old 11-23-13, 10:02 AM
All Ohio

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Roll Tide magazine mentioned he was coming to meet iOhioprospect for a job interview to help fabricate stories to cover up illegal payments to athletes for NCAA investigations
Old 11-23-13, 10:03 AM
All Ohio

See anyone can make up crap on here, freshman!
Old 11-23-13, 10:05 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadz06 View Post
See anyone can make up crap on here, freshman!
Well Urban Meyer was at Glenvilles last game, and they are the kind of team where any coach could really show up.
Old 11-23-13, 10:11 AM
All Ohio

So I guess Saban isn't worried about Auburn the next day.
Old 11-23-13, 10:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
Well Urban Meyer was at Glenvilles last game, and they are the kind of team where any coach could really show up.
Bama has a huge game (Auburn) next week so he will not be there. It is however very possible that Saban would attend a Glenville game.
Don't pay attention to FlemWadz. He's just salty that his team got blasted by a team who just got blasted.
Old 11-23-13, 10:13 AM
All Ohio

A 10-1 Rivalry game
Old 11-23-13, 10:15 AM
All Ohio

Been rooting for SL league neighbor mr. D1 sperm burper!
Old 11-23-13, 10:23 AM
All American

Colt 17 24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Of course he was he has two recruits on Glenville.
Old 11-23-13, 10:52 AM
Freshman

HornetNation is on a distinguished road
Sure I may be rather new to this still, but I read a lot on here. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into the inner city glenville fans mocking the Hornets. Clearly, we deserve respect...13-0, beat great team after great team the last 5 weeks (minus cloverleaf). If Glenville fans think this game is going to be a blowout, think again. Yes, Highland will be out-athleted, but we have before (Massillon for example).

Don't for a second think this won't be an incredibly competitive game. In fact, Highland's best shot is to keep it competitive and close. We have won every big game this year in competitive games, and I think a close game will be Glenville's greatest weakness.
Old 11-23-13, 10:55 AM
All District

Artemis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He actually played youth football with many of the Highland players before moving to Avon.
Old 11-23-13, 11:12 AM
All American

Colt 17 24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetNation View Post
Sure I may be rather new to this still, but I read a lot on here. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into the inner city glenville fans mocking the Hornets. Clearly, we deserve respect...13-0, beat great team after great team the last 5 weeks (minus cloverleaf). If Glenville fans think this game is going to be a blowout, think again. Yes, Highland will be out-athleted, but we have before (Massillon for example).

Don't for a second think this won't be an incredibly competitive game. In fact, Highland's best shot is to keep it competitive and close. We have won every big game this year in competitive games, and I think a close game will be Glenville's greatest weakness.
Well you just did turn it into one. Inner city fans mocking. What were you thinking?
Old 11-23-13, 11:23 AM
All District

MJTiger7284 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetNation View Post

What is the reason for putting that? Why not just Glenville fans?
Old 11-23-13, 11:25 AM
All District

Artemis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJTiger7284 View Post
What is the reason for putting that? Why not just Glenville fans?
Yes, please edit/revise. Where they live has nothing to do with it.
Old 11-23-13, 11:28 AM
All District

Yeah, I sense this thread starting to derail a little bit! Let's not let that happen! Ignore the "drive-by" trolls!
Closed Thread