Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Notices

Old 11-18-13, 02:38 PM
All American

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Northeastern Buckeye Conference NBC Basketball 2013-14

With football over I figured I'd get this thread started. What's your predictions for the year, who's your top teams?

I think Louisville will surprise a lot of people this year, lots of underclassmen but a lot of height and a lot of talent! Going to be some exciting years of Leopards Basketball around the corner!

Louisville Leopards Varsity Boys Basketball Roster

Louisville Leopards Varsity Boys Basketball Schedule
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-13, 05:35 PM
Cooling Off

LeopardWR11 is on a distinguished road
I expect improved perimeter shooting from the guards. We lacked versatility at the position and never really had a strong perimeter threat last year. Hopefully with improved back court play, Noble and Hoover, both provide experience in the front court and look for those two to create opportunities for the guards with good post play. Defensively we should be able to play man to man effectively. IMHO, thought Coach S. relied too heavily on the 2-3 zone last year and proved ineffective more times than not. The sophomore class will anchor this team as the season progresses. There is no secret in the fact Siegfried loves this class, and he should, might just help him keep his job for a few years, considering there is very nice talent coming up behind the sophomore class. Good luck to the 2013-2014 LEPS BB team! Anyone know how many returning starters Alliance and Canton South has? Strong/Weak NBC expectations this year?
Old 11-18-13, 05:45 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
From what I heard, Louisville did well Saturday against Ursuline and Kent Roosevelt...
Old 11-19-13, 09:42 AM
All Region

Qcity is on a distinguished road
Alliance is easily the team to beat, with Kukura, Martin and Phillips all back.
Old 11-19-13, 10:18 AM
All District

Carr45 is on a distinguished road
New coach at Carrollton, will be interesting to see how the Warriors come out this year.
Old 11-19-13, 09:44 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
Alliance is easily the team to beat, with Kukura, Martin and Phillips all back.
Also has Dale Dickson back......add 6-4 Mike Williams back from a year off...the Aviators should be the front runners
Old 11-20-13, 07:11 AM
Freshman

MattyIce is on a distinguished road
South

Canton South should be solid. Only one returning starter but bringing up a hand full of JV players from last year. The JV team only lost one or two last year. The 7 seniors will be missed but expectations are high at South. They have a SO point guard with elite athleticism and skill. A JR 2 guard who will contend for best shooter in the league. A SR 3/4 who is a 3 year starter and heck of a ball player. A JR 5 who is huge and very very skilled. The last starter is kind of a question mark. The biggest issue on this team seems to be depth. I expect the JR class to carry the cats this year. They have looked solid in scrimmages this year and are ready for next Friday......... Expecting great things out at South this year. How about everyone else?
Old 11-20-13, 11:00 AM
All Region

Qcity is on a distinguished road
Salem lost a ton to graduation. One starter returns, but no one else has varsity experience. Hopefully they can piece something together.
Old 11-20-13, 11:12 PM
Varsity

clueless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce View Post
Canton South should be solid. Only one returning starter but bringing up a hand full of JV players from last year. The JV team only lost one or two last year. The 7 seniors will be missed but expectations are high at South. They have a SO point guard with elite athleticism and skill. A JR 2 guard who will contend for best shooter in the league. A SR 3/4 who is a 3 year starter and heck of a ball player. A JR 5 who is huge and very very skilled. The last starter is kind of a question mark. The biggest issue on this team seems to be depth. I expect the JR class to carry the cats this year. They have looked solid in scrimmages this year and are ready for next Friday......... Expecting great things out at South this year. How about everyone else?
What position do you play??????????
Old 11-21-13, 09:14 AM
Varsity

hoopstar1988 is on a distinguished road
lol, i thought the same thing! i am guessing the 5. the huge thing is funny (more like tall, but thin) and very very skilled should be skills but not aggressive. the leopard bigs are much better.
Old 11-22-13, 01:41 PM
Freshman

MattyIce is on a distinguished road
No

I was thinking, you're both wrong. I graduated in 03, and not from south. 6'7'' is huge, I'm 5'10'' on a good day. He may be skinny but is skilled. I coach, and get paid to do it, so I think I know what a skilled basketball player looks like. How about instead of trying to call someone out, you come with an intelligent statement about the team you cheer for. That is the point of this forum. I could care less what either of you think personally. How about we continue talking about basketball before anything gets personal. Let me guess you guys are the 5 and 4 from Louisville. No wait they are probably to intelligent and have to much respect to make an of themselves on a sports forum. Anyway, How about the rest of the NBC?
Old 11-22-13, 07:35 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce View Post
I was thinking, you're both wrong. I graduated in 03, and not from south. 6'7'' is huge, I'm 5'10'' on a good day. He may be skinny but is skilled. I coach, and get paid to do it, so I think I know what a skilled basketball player looks like. How about instead of trying to call someone out, you come with an intelligent statement about the team you cheer for. That is the point of this forum. I could care less what either of you think personally. How about we continue talking about basketball before anything gets personal. Let me guess you guys are the 5 and 4 from Louisville. No wait they are probably to intelligent and have to much respect to make an of themselves on a sports forum. Anyway, How about the rest of the NBC?
Son, you have 2 posts and you are gonna get all defensive when someone makes an obvious comment to a post like that? Welcome to Yappi! The beauty of this site is we all get to say what we want. I am glad you get paid to coach. Maybe we all get paid to coach, you never know. You're about 28 years old and you are gonna tell me because you get paid to coach, "I know what a skilled basketball player looks like"? Grow some thick skin or you'll get a lot of responses back. You might be able to spot skilled players, but you can't spot sarcasm.
Old 11-22-13, 09:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless View Post
Son, you have 2 posts and you are gonna get all defensive when someone makes an obvious comment to a post like that? Welcome to Yappi! The beauty of this site is we all get to say what we want. I am glad you get paid to coach. Maybe we all get paid to coach, you never know. You're about 28 years old and you are gonna tell me because you get paid to coach, "I know what a skilled basketball player looks like"? Grow some thick skin or you'll get a lot of responses back. You might be able to spot skilled players, but you can't spot sarcasm.
Old 11-28-13, 06:41 PM
Varsity

I wish to let by-gones be by-gones and try to restart this thread because it means a lot to me and I hate to see it drop when there will be some great basketball played in the NBC this year.

Alliance, Louisville, Carrollton, and Marlington have some great core players returning. Minerva and West Branch have impact players returning. All of the above mentioned teams are more experienced this year and bring a healthy group of players on any given night. South and Salem have lost the most. I must say South had a JV team last year win 20 games, but I can not imagine them challenging for the league this year with the experience the rest of the league brings to the table. I will post my guess for the final standings and welcome any one posting theirs and their feelings about their teams:

Alliance
Louisville
Carrollton
Marlington
South
Minerva
West Branch
Salem

Come on NBC fans lets get this thing going.
Old 11-29-13, 06:56 AM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Carrollton lost 6 seniors (1-4 year letter winner, 2-3 year, and 2-2 year) from last years team and one of the returning lettermen from last year decided not to play. Only Deitz and Pasuik have have any real varsity minutes under their belt. The Warriors will need some time to get some "varsity legs".
Old 11-30-13, 12:13 AM
Varsity

Out of town for the holidays, but just heard Minerva beat St. Thomas 58-50. Good start to the season. Best of luck this year to Coach Locke and the team.
Old 11-30-13, 12:19 AM
All District

NEOsportsfan09 is on a distinguished road
West Branch 73
United 34

Alliance 61
Garaway 47
Old 11-30-13, 12:55 AM
All District

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless View Post
Out of town for the holidays, but just heard Minerva beat St. Thomas 58-50. Good start to the season. Best of luck this year to Coach Locke and the team.
I feel we should compete with the returning talent and speed the Lions have.
Old 11-30-13, 12:28 PM
All District

Carrollton lost to claymont 69 to 33
Old 12-03-13, 11:29 PM
All American

Varsity: Central Catholic 52, Louisville 39
JV: Central Catholic 45, Louisville 42

Louisville Leopards at Central Catholic Crusaders Basketball Video Highlights & Recaps
Old 12-04-13, 10:07 AM
Cooling Off

LeopardWR11 is on a distinguished road
Well.......so far West Branch, Alliance, Marlington, and Minerva are undefeated.
Old 12-04-13, 06:11 PM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
South, Marlington, Salem and Carrollton lost alot to graduation. Warriors lost a tough one on the road at East Liverpool last nite. It's going to take them some time to find their identity. I think the league as a whole is down from last year.
Old 12-06-13, 01:45 PM
Varsity

NBC experts, did the junior varsity start times get adjusted to 5:30 starts and is it true there are only 15 minute warmups?
Old 12-06-13, 03:47 PM
All District

NEOsportsfan09 is on a distinguished road
Not sure hoopstar. Haven't seen anything about that yet. I was planning to go to first game this season for boys bball tonight. Mother Nature blew that idea away.

Any games going to withstand the weather? West Branch-Louisville already cancelled for tonight.
Old 12-06-13, 04:04 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopstar1988 View Post
NBC experts, did the junior varsity start times get adjusted to 5:30 starts and is it true there are only 15 minute warmups?
JV still starts at 6. There is only a 15 minute warmup between JV and Varsity games.
Old 12-06-13, 06:57 PM
Varsity

i hear the men of the federal league are all playing
Old 12-09-13, 11:28 PM
Varsity

Seems like this league will never get started! lol
Old 12-10-13, 10:36 AM
All American

Freshman Highlights

Canton South Wildcats at Louisville Leopards Freshman Basketball Highlights, Pictures, Recap
Old 12-10-13, 09:34 PM
All District

New Philadelphia 64, Carrollton 40 Warriors have a lot of growing up to do
Old 12-11-13, 09:31 AM
All American

Varsity: Louisville 68, Akron North 51
JV: Louisville 51, Akron North 44

Leps led by 33 a few minutes into the 4th and cruised to victory. Led 23-1 at one point and held North to no field goals for the entire 1st Quarter. Anyone know when the last time we held a team to no field goals in a quarter? I've heard 20+ years if ever.

Akron North Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV & Varsity Video Highlights & Recap