Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2013-14 TRAC boys basketball title?
Findlay 5 17.86%
Fremont Ross 0 0%
Lima Senior 1 3.57%
Oregon Clay 1 3.57%
Toledo Central Catholic 10 35.71%
Toledo St. Francis 1 3.57%
Toledo St. Johns 8 28.57%
Toledo Whitmer 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-13, 12:52 PM
FremontKeith FremontKeith is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-15-10
Posts: 830
FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
2013-14 TRAC basketball

Who wins the 2013-14 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-20-13, 12:00 AM
smurfyeah19 smurfyeah19 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-03-12
Posts: 299
smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Central
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-13, 10:04 AM
Track XC Track XC is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-11-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 757
Track XC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Track XC
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Central
I disagree, they graduated a lot from their rotation and who knows if Kizer will play, might not want to risk an injury. Findlay returns everyone, they are the clearly the preseason favorite. SJJ should be a runner up, should have the best backcourt in the league. SFS should have a bounce back year, their Junior class is talented. I see Whitmer having a rough year. Lima Senior should be tough with Ruben Flowers leading the way. Fremont will struggle. Clay will as well. Seems like a down year for the league this year in terms of overall talent.
1. Findlay
2. SJJ
3. Central Catholic
4. Lima Senior
5. SFS
6. Whitmer
7. Fremont Ross
8. Clay
Would be nice to see every teams projected rotation
SJJ projected rotation:
G- Gabe Kynard 5'10" (Sophomore)
G- Anthony Glover 6'0" (Senior)
G- Austin Moore 6'2" (Senior)
F- Parker Ernsthausen 6'9" (Senior)
F- Trevor Walsh 6'4" (Senior)
Bench
G- J.P. Celis 6'3" (Senior)
G- Kaleb Vaughn 6'3" (Junior)
G- Chandler Dippman 6'1" (Junior)
F- Myles Copeland 6'4" (Junior)
F- Ethan Piņa 6'6" (Junior)

Last edited by Track XC; 11-20-13 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-13, 10:56 PM
smurfyeah19 smurfyeah19 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-03-12
Posts: 299
smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track XC View Post
I disagree, they graduated a lot from their rotation and who knows if Kizer will play, might not want to risk an injury. Findlay returns everyone, they are the clearly the preseason favorite. SJJ should be a runner up, should have the best backcourt in the league. SFS should have a bounce back year, their Junior class is talented. I see Whitmer having a rough year. Lima Senior should be tough with Ruben Flowers leading the way. Fremont will struggle. Clay will as well. Seems like a down year for the league this year in terms of overall talent.
1. Findlay
2. SJJ
3. Central Catholic
4. Lima Senior
5. SFS
6. Whitmer
7. Fremont Ross
8. Clay
Would be nice to see every teams projected rotation
SJJ projected rotation:
G- Gabe Kynard 5'10" (Sophomore)
G- Anthony Glover 6'0" (Senior)
G- Austin Moore 6'2" (Senior)
F- Parker Ernsthausen 6'9" (Senior)
F- Trevor Walsh 6'4" (Senior)
Bench
G- J.P. Celis 6'3" (Senior)
G- Kaleb Vaughn 6'3" (Junior)
G- Chandler Dippman 6'1" (Junior)
F- Myles Copeland 6'4" (Junior)
F- Ethan Piņa 6'6" (Junior)
We've been spoiled the last few years. With Hayes, Loving, and some very good teams out of Central, SJJ and Whitmer it had to level off a bit
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-13, 03:14 PM
NWOhioAthletics NWOhioAthletics is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-25-13
Posts: 48
NWOhioAthletics is on a distinguished road
I agree that Findlay will win the TRAC, but they lose some size in their starting 5 with 6'7 Joseph Davidson Graduating
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-13, 05:15 PM
TolCentralCath TolCentralCath is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 963
TolCentralCath is on a distinguished road
To be honest, I'm not all too familiar with this years Irish team. I know they have senior Nate Harris returning who should be the go to guy this year. They also still have Coach Welling which is very good for the program. Regarding Kizer, I've heard 'rumors' he may early enroll at Notre Dame (not sure why he would though). That would be a huge loss for the Irish. So who knows.

Johnnies always put together a nice team.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-13, 08:16 PM
Track XC Track XC is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-11-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 757
Track XC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Track XC
SJJ looked very impressive in tonight's game beating a good Milan team 76-50. I find it hard to believe Findlay is better than them, SJJ has a lot of length at every position.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-13, 11:52 AM
TolCentralCath TolCentralCath is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 963
TolCentralCath is on a distinguished road
Great news for Central Catholic…Deshone Kizer plans to play both basketball and baseball to finish out his brilliant high school career.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-13, 11:38 AM
The Expert The Expert is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-11
Posts: 189
The Expert is on a distinguished road
Southview looked good last night and Whitmer did not. Looks like Bruce got out just in time. Orange tie looked weird on him.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-13, 11:44 AM
FremontKeith FremontKeith is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-15-10
Posts: 830
FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Fremont Ross starts the season 1-0 with a 55-49 win over arch-rival Sandusky
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-01-13, 02:25 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 10,743
eastisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
SJJ lost but a ten point loss to Shaker Heights doesn't seem all that bad, particularly since SH's line-up is set and experienced and SJJ's is practically new.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-13, 10:25 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 864
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
I cannot believe the sheer drop off in talent in the Toledo area. Yes, last years class was exceptional and rare but there was always a couple impact freshman/sophs coming up that you could look forward to watching over the next few years (Raymond/Roberts[Darryl or Brian]/Henderson/Smith/Buford...etc). How many impact players are even over 6'4 this season? I've seen two games now and most starters would not have found themselves on a varsity floor last year and even beyond.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-02-13, 10:32 AM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 381
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Southview looked good last night and Whitmer did not. Looks like Bruce got out just in time. Orange tie looked weird on him.
Morrison will make a lot of teams look bad. I had not seen him play in person before, he is real good. A lot like Hausfeld, but more athletic. Listed at 5'10", but can't be more than 5'6"-5'7". Even at that size he finished at the rim. I thought he was going to try and throw one down.

While Whitmer is small they have some good young players. It will take 5-6 games for the young guys (Freshman Triplett and the sophmore post) to get comfortable at the varsity level. I would like Ashe to get more looks at the basket and take it up strong....too many double pumps when he was already elevated above the defender. I also thought he got called for some real cheap fouls.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-02-13, 05:48 PM
Track XC Track XC is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-11-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 757
Track XC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Track XC
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
SJJ lost but a ten point loss to Shaker Heights doesn't seem all that bad, particularly since SH's line-up is set and experienced and SJJ's is practically new.
I agree, SJJ was only down 4 with a minute left but were forced to foul because Shaker Heights was holding the ball. SJJ looks much better than I thought they would be, Glover finished with 28 points vs Shaker as well. SJJ plays Bowsher tuesday night at Bowsher @7:00 P.M. Bowsher has a good team this year so it should be interesting to how both teams stack up against each other.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-02-13, 06:26 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 10,743
eastisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track XC View Post
I agree, SJJ was only down 4 with a minute left but were forced to foul because Shaker Heights was holding the ball. SJJ looks much better than I thought they would be, Glover finished with 28 points vs Shaker as well. SJJ plays Bowsher tuesday night at Bowsher @7:00 P.M. Bowsher has a good team this year so it should be interesting to how both teams stack up against each other.
Not really the scoring balance you'd like to see but maybe the other's were needed for D. Coach's gamble.

Bowsher has good players but maybe not ready to be called a good team. Theirs will be a season long effort and they're not looking to get much competition in conference to help them along. Start seems to have fallen off the blocks athletically. Something happen over there? Rogers, never count out the big guy to get a team together. The others? Not looking promising. Waite has no height and little experience and best shooter is in a boot. Woodward, not sure about.

Bowsher is pretty much going to have to rely on OOC to develop.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-02-13, 09:28 PM
Bballdog Bballdog is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-02-13
Posts: 44
Bballdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track XC View Post
I agree, SJJ was only down 4 with a minute left but were forced to foul because Shaker Heights was holding the ball. SJJ looks much better than I thought they would be, Glover finished with 28 points vs Shaker as well. SJJ plays Bowsher tuesday night at Bowsher @7:00 P.M. Bowsher has a good team this year so it should be interesting to how both teams stack up against each other.
Glover finished with 25pts Shakers Esa ahmad had 28pts. Excellent showing from SJJ they actually had a 15 to 3 lead to start off the game but Shaker got back in game with they're inside power....impressed with Glover
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-13, 11:02 PM
The Expert The Expert is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-11
Posts: 189
The Expert is on a distinguished road
Down goes the Johnnies. Other than Glover I don't see much talent other than on the SJJA team.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-13, 04:59 AM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 3,302
1disciple is on a distinguished road
I don't think the TRAC will be the top conference in NWO this year.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-04-13, 10:06 AM
Track XC Track XC is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-11-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 757
Track XC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Track XC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I don't think the TRAC will be the top conference in NWO this year.
Who will be the NLL? City League? No way. Those leagues are horrendous compared to this years TRAC. SJJ will get it together, they have talent.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-13, 10:42 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 864
irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track XC View Post
No way. Those leagues are horrendous compared to this years TRAC.
Bowsher (TCL) beats SJ, Southview (NLL) beats Whitmer, and Toledo Christian (TAAC) beat Clay for the third straight year.

Now that does not mean the TRAC is not the best, but it certainly means you cannot make your 'horrendous' comment either.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-04-13, 11:30 AM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 3,302
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track XC View Post
Who will be the NLL? City League? No way. Those leagues are horrendous compared to this years TRAC. SJJ will get it together, they have talent.
Lol horrendous compared to this years TRAC? I think they're all pretty much even.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-13, 01:21 PM
TolCentralCath TolCentralCath is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 963
TolCentralCath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Bowsher (TCL) beats SJ, Southview (NLL) beats Whitmer, and Toledo Christian (TAAC) beat Clay for the third straight year.

Now that does not mean the TRAC is not the best, but it certainly means you cannot make your 'horrendous' comment either.
What's up with Clay losing to Toledo Christian? That's a big downer for the TRAC as Toledo Christian is, I believe, in the lowest division and really shouldn't be competing with schools in the TRAC. Now, Clay is the TRAC's worst team in the two main sports, but man Clay must be bad, real bad.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-13, 01:22 PM
TolCentralCath TolCentralCath is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 963
TolCentralCath is on a distinguished road
Surprised to see Bowsher beat Sj. Good job Rebels!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-04-13, 02:29 PM
Maple_City_Fan Maple_City_Fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-02-05
Location: NHS/St. Paul Trophy Case
Posts: 3,905
Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontKeith View Post
Fremont Ross starts the season 1-0 with a 55-49 win over arch-rival Sandusky
Ross has won 8 of last 9 in Football(with a few convincingly), and now the last 3 in Boys Basketball. Keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-04-13, 09:11 PM
Johnstown Benny Johnstown Benny is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-06-07
Posts: 95
Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Attended the Lima Sr. opener last night which the Spartans won 57-41 over Wapakoneta, and for a first game minus their best player in Ruben Flowers I thought Lima Sr. looked pretty promising for this season. Flowers was in street clothes nursing a deep thigh bruise and could possibly miss a couple of more games before he sees some action. He was definitely missed.

The Spartans have a couple of good looking transfers from Lima Shawnee on their team this year and soph Jay Thomas, in particular, looks like a terrific addition this year. His dad, Carlton Thomas was a great football and hoops star for Lima Sr in the 80's. Once soph Ruben Flowers gets healthy and can join fellow soph Rico Stafford and Jay Thomas, the Shawnee soph transfer, the Spartans will have 3 sophomore starters, all with varsity starting experience as freshman coupled with 6'8" Justice Graham and a cast of 7 other interchangeable players, all of whom played last night. I think Lima Sr. will be greatly improved this season, but am even more excited about the future, assuming academics or injuries do not enter the equation.

One final note of interest from last night's game which some readers may find interesting is that former 2004 Ohio Mr Basketball and former Ohio State star and all-time Buckeye assists leader ( until Aaron Craft passes him this year) Jamar Butler, debuted as a Lima Sr Assistant coach. Butler who prepped at Lima Shawnee must be happy with the Shawnee transfers this year.

Even though 0-2 Wapakoneta was winless entering the game and appeared to be an average team they still were playing their 3rd game of the young season while Lima Sr was playing their opener. The Spartans were scheduled to open the season on 11/29 against a very powerful Mansfield Sr. team, but that game was rescheduled for 02/18 due to Mansfield being in the football playoffs. Probably a blessing in disguise as the young Spartans, minus one of their best players would have had their hands full with the Tygers to open the season and by late February should provide a much better matchup.

An interesting sidenote about the Spartans-Tygers game this year will be Mansfield Sr. point guard D'Jorr Gibson return to Lima as he played for the Spartans last season and then moved to Mansfield and now will be facing his former teammates.

JB
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-05-13, 05:27 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 10,743
eastisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
Butler as an assistant coach. Lima on the rise in b-ball too.

What's the schedule this weekend? Best games?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-05-13, 05:47 PM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 3,302
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Lima @ St. John's
St. Francis @ Whitmer
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-05-13, 10:45 PM
TolCentralCath TolCentralCath is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-09
Posts: 963
TolCentralCath is on a distinguished road
Central Catholic/ Fremont Ross game that was going to be played this Friday has been rescheduled to February 11. Not sure why.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-05-13, 11:12 PM
Johnstown Benny Johnstown Benny is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-06-07
Posts: 95
Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolCentralCath View Post
Central Catholic/ Fremont Ross game that was going to be played this Friday has been rescheduled to February 11. Not sure why.
The Toledo Central Catholic/Fremont Ross game scheduled for Friday,12/6 was rescheduled to February 11 due to Toledo Central Catholic having been involved in Football playoffs, delaying practice time for any football players that would also be on the basketball team.

The TRAC basketball schedule is very light this weekend ( 12/6 and 12/7) with only 5 games set for this weekend and the weather potentially could even reduce that number. The games on the schedule this weekend are:

Friday 12/6
Oregon Clay at Findlay
Lima Sr at Toledo St Johns
Toledo St Francis at Toledo Whitmer

Saturday 12/7
Toledo Start at Fremont Ross
Lima Sr at Celina

With the Ohio State-Michigan State Big 10 Championship game set
for Saturday night, I would think that could make for low attendance and
Mother Nature could also make this a moot point anyway on Saturday.

JB
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-06-13, 03:06 PM
The Expert The Expert is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-11
Posts: 189
The Expert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I cannot believe the sheer drop off in talent in the Toledo area. Yes, last years class was exceptional and rare but there was always a couple impact freshman/sophs coming up that you could look forward to watching over the next few years (Raymond/Roberts[Darryl or Brian]/Henderson/Smith/Buford...etc). How many impact players are even over 6'4 this season? I've seen two games now and most starters would not have found themselves on a varsity floor last year and even beyond.
Agree. That great 90's class I remember having some decent underclass talent. Was it 1995 that was so loaded Howard, Coleman and the rest.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.