Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Notices

Old 09-26-13, 08:17 AM
All Region

Wauseon 2013-2014

Anybody have a potential lineup?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-13, 09:40 PM
All District

ttt
Old 09-29-13, 06:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian888 View Post
ttt
With the move ins coming, it will be interesting
Old 09-29-13, 07:22 PM
Varsity

Big recruits still a possibility at Wauseon?

Earlier this month the Board voted to leave their open enrollment policy as is. That is a June 1 deadline. They agreed to research the benefits of changing its policy for next year.

Just read in the Crescent News (Defiance Ohio) that "a big supporter" attended another School Board meeting to once again question the policy.

He makes some valid points and tries to use the "pathos" persuasive strategy by getting to the Board's emotions. However are they all in an effort to "recruit" wrestlers?

He says this is not about athletics in a quote in the article, and also defends his point of view...

"School leaders were joined at the meeting by resident Big Supporter, who told the group he sees some problems with the district's June 1 deadline."

"We need the flexibility to respond to students' needs," BIG WAUSEON SUPPORTER said. " I think if a student in a different district is getting bullied, or maybe their friendships have broken down and they are considering committing suicide, we have to have the flexibility to allow them to (change districts)."

I am afraid if this isn't genuine it could bring a big OHSAA spot light to the Wauseon Wrestling program

Last edited by don't_hate_the_playa; 09-29-13 at 09:03 PM..
Old 09-29-13, 08:25 PM
All District

Saw this article earlier this evening and it was a big topic of conversation at tonight's workout. I am surprised it took this long to find its way on to this forum. Hopefully this will stay civil.
Old 09-29-13, 08:43 PM
Varsity

[QUOTE=StreakWrestling;5599850]Saw this article earlier this evening and it was a big topic of conversation at tonight's workout. I am surprised it took this long to find its way on to this forum. Hopefully this will stay civil.[/

If one of these super sucessful kids fits one of the categories mentioned, then by all means transfer and please give them all the support they need. However its disgusting and sad that an argument would come to this (its for the kids), when intentions appear to be quite the contrary.
Old 09-29-13, 08:50 PM
All District

[QUOTE=don't_hate_the_playa;5599877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakWrestling View Post
Saw this article earlier this evening and it was a big topic of conversation at tonight's workout. I am surprised it took this long to find its way on to this forum. Hopefully this will stay civil.[/

If one of these super sucessful kids fits one of the categories mentioned, then by all means transfer and please give them all the support they need. However its disgusting and sad that an argument would come to this (its for the kids), when intentions appear to be quite the contrary.
Well said!! This whole thing is $uper $hady
Old 09-29-13, 09:26 PM
Varsity

Wow...wauseon's head coach broke his ankle at at a team practice a few days ago while drilling with BIG SUPPORTERS son just another bad break.

Last edited by stuckya; 09-29-13 at 10:21 PM..
Old 09-30-13, 03:52 AM
All Yappi

So the transfers didn't happen?
Old 09-30-13, 06:27 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckya View Post
Wow...wauseon's head coach broke his ankle at at a team practice a few days ago while drilling with BIG SUPPORTERS son just another bad break.
Wow, I hope Coach Ritter is ok................"team practice??"..........I thought the season hasn't started yet...........I guess rules aren't made to be followed in Wauseon.......just manipulated, ignored, and everything else money can buy.........
Old 09-30-13, 07:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Stuckya - it was not a "team practice". I think there were 3 or 4 Wauseon HS kids there. There were kids from all over the state (including rival - Delta) preparing for Super 32 and other preseason events. I hope your "bad break" comment about coach Ritter was not one of sarcasm. Coach Ritter is out there working with kids from all over the place. I haven't heard how his surgery went but hopefully he is on his way to a speedy recovery.
Old 09-30-13, 09:10 PM
Varsity

I think wauseon has a girl starting at 106?
Old 10-01-13, 04:49 AM
All District

Quote:
She has a lot of upside, she will will score them some pts!
Old 10-01-13, 08:10 AM
All District

Quote:
Could be NWOAL 1st Female Champ.
Old 10-01-13, 11:28 AM
All District

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot Link 1 View Post
Could be NWOAL 1st Female Champ.
Not if mattins there
Old 10-02-13, 08:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot Link 1 View Post
I guess rules aren't made to be followed in Wauseon.......just manipulated, ignored, and everything else money can buy.........
What rule was manipulated or ignored? How much does it cost to break figments of your imagination? Who paid it? Who did they make the check out to?