Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Notices

Old 08-03-13, 09:14 AM
All Ohio

bdhof is on a distinguished road
2015 Big 10 Championships

While I try to check this site occasionally to make sure I'm not missing anything, I must have missed this one. The Big 10 Wrestling Championships will be held at OSU in 2015. That'll be fun. Maybe that will be the year OSU brings home the title.

Sorry if this is old news.

http://www.bigten.org/championships/2015-schedule.html
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-13, 09:53 AM
All Region

Dead Issue is on a distinguished road
I was just talking to a couple of my boys old coaches about this. I was so excited until they told me that it will be running the same time as the OHSAA state tournament. If true, that is unfortunate timing. The fans will get to watch wrestling all day Sunday, but they would have to choose which on Saturday. I haven't missed a state tournament since I started going in 1990, but it would be tough considering what OSU's team should look like at that point. May be their best ever.
Old 08-03-13, 10:56 AM
All American

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunate for sure!!!

Well, two things: #1) the B1Gs are Saturday and Sunday. So those staying in town could stay for an extra night. But that COULD get expensive.

#2) someone at some time talked about getting the State Tournament moved in order that it wouldn't conflict with the Arnold Classic. We get the tournament moved only to have this now!!!!! Bah!!!

I'm glad I live in Columbus!
Old 08-03-13, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

bucksman
State tournament pushed back a week is intended to avoid the Arnold Classic, as it will make more hotels available and at favorable prices.

The unfortunate after-effect is that in 2015, the state tournament and B1G tournament end up the same weekend. Then, I think in 2016, the tournament moves back up a week due to Easter pushing up the basketball tournaments (no way they want to be having boys hoops semis on Good Friday).
Old 08-03-13, 04:47 PM
All American

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
State tournament pushed back a week is intended to avoid the Arnold Classic, as it will make more hotels available and at favorable prices.

The unfortunate after-effect is that in 2015, the state tournament and B1G tournament end up the same weekend. Then, I think in 2016, the tournament moves back up a week due to Easter pushing up the basketball tournaments (no way they want to be having boys hoops semis on Good Friday).
Ah, yes. I recall you mentioned a double shift concerning the state tournament dates. My guess is that people will be eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage (let the reader understand) around those state semifinal games.

(Mad love BHiatt!)
Old 08-03-13, 07:45 PM
All American

said_aouita
If OHSAA eliminated divisions maybe the state meet would be in consideration.

The B10's rule.

Iowa is usually being obnoxious with the largest portion of supporters. Gotta admit...Iowa brings the fans.
Wisco and the Gophers will get spunky after breaks and a liquid lunch.
Normally it's a PSU or tOSU fan yelling at Brands to sit down. Illinois, Purdue and Indiana get a sympathy clap whenever one of their guys place.

The B10's is awesome atmosphere no matter if cheering for a team, individual or just a fan of good wrestling.
Old 08-04-13, 02:05 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Said- Illinois? I would replace them with Mich State.
Old 08-04-13, 04:09 AM
All American

said_aouita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
Said- Illinois? I would replace them with Mich State.
I forgot that MSU has a wrestling team.

sarcastic

Illinois is pretty tough. NW sneaks in with a stud on occasion. MSU.....meh'

Last edited by said_aouita; 08-04-13 at 04:20 AM..