Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Notices

Old 04-09-13, 01:07 PM
All District

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
2013-04-12 to 14 Games in Ohio South

This weekend is the Girls (U13-U17) adidas Blue Chip Showcase in Oxford, Ohio and the U18 Women have MRL games at Miami Meadows in Cincinnati, Ohio hosted by CSA.

The U17 games involve - Cleveland United White, GotSoccer National Rank=6, Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA) GotSoccer National Rank=23, Kings Hammer Academy (KHA) Red, GotSoccer National Rank=40. Cleveland United and ZYSA play each other on Friday.

The U16 games involve - Kings Hammer Academy (KHA) Red, GotSoccer National Rank=18.

The U15 games involve Ambassador FC Blue, GotSoccer National Rank=34, WC United, GotSoccer National Rank=72.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-13, 09:36 PM
All Region

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanofyear View Post
This weekend is the Girls (U13-U17) adidas Blue Chip Showcase in Oxford, Ohio and the U18 Women have MRL games at Miami Meadows in Cincinnati, Ohio hosted by CSA.

The U17 games involve - Cleveland United White, GotSoccer National Rank=6, Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA) GotSoccer National Rank=23, Kings Hammer Academy (KHA) Red, GotSoccer National Rank=40. Cleveland United and ZYSA play each other on Friday.

The U16 games involve - Kings Hammer Academy (KHA) Red, GotSoccer National Rank=18.

The U15 games involve Ambassador FC Blue, GotSoccer National Rank=34, WC United, GotSoccer National Rank=72.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the Gotsoccer rankings. They are relatively meaningless. I am not implying that the teams you mentioned aren't quality because they are. In particular, the Cleveland United 17 team is killer.

You mentioned that there are u18 MRL games at Miami Meadows. There are also u18 mrl premier division games, outside of the Blue Chip showcase, that are being played in Oxford. That was very savvy of the schedulers to have those games in Oxford while there are a lot of college coaches in town. It's too bad that the 1st divsion games aren't being held closer to Oxford as well. It's about an hour from Oxford to Miami Meadows in Milford. I guess if a coach wants to see a player bad enough, they'll make the trip to Milford.

The schedules for both set of mrl matches are here......

Premier division https://active.leagueone.com/Olr/Pag...cheduleId=4443

1st division https://active.leagueone.com/Olr/Pag...cheduleId=4436

Speaking of college coaches, there are a whole bunch of them registered to attend the Blue Chip and here they are.....

http://events.gotsport.com/%28S%28hu...?EventID=27247

It looks like a good mix of D1, 2, & 3 coaches and from some pretty good programs as well. If he reads this, it will be interesting to read noonereal's spin on the numbers of coaches registered for this non-ecnl event.
Old 04-11-13, 05:57 AM
All American

cincyeaglefan is on a distinguished road
They are there every year. I'm wondering if the Premier teams didn't go in the Blue Chip or they are just playing two games in a day? (I haven't looked at the schedules). I know Blue Chip teams only play one game a day. It's my favorite and probably only tournament I do all year. Best time to network with the college coaches and have them put in a good word to the NISOA assignors lol.
Old 04-11-13, 08:20 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
They are there every year. I'm wondering if the Premier teams didn't go in the Blue Chip or they are just playing two games in a day? (I haven't looked at the schedules). I know Blue Chip teams only play one game a day. It's my favorite and probably only tournament I do all year. Best time to network with the college coaches and have them put in a good word to the NISOA assignors lol.
The 18 premier mrl games are not a part of the showcase and it looks like the teams are only playing one game per day. Some teams are playing games on all days (fri, sat, & sun) but some (cup gold for instance) only on sat & sun. Again, this was very smart planning on having the games in Oxford so that they are running concurrently with the Blue Chip. The 18s that are not committed will get plenty of looks this weekend if they networked and let the coaches know where & when they will be playing.
Old 04-11-13, 09:15 AM
All World

noonereal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
it looks like the teams are only playing one game per day.
and who are they IMITATING?

Go ahead, say it, we all know the answer.
Old 04-11-13, 10:26 AM
All Ohio

soccerdad is on a distinguished road
The 1 game a day for youth soccer is rather ridiculous. Particularly if your traveling. No One can deny that all teams have had days where there 2nd game performance was much better than the 1st and that's after a couple of pops and chicken nuggets for lunch. With the older ages and bodies taking a beating or short rosters, I could see some advantage on occasion. The concept certainly isn't anything new. Could it be a shortage of coaching staff? I'm familiar with the "You know who" And many times when there were overlapping games we would end up with a sub for a coach.
Old 04-11-13, 11:18 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
The 18 premier mrl games are not a part of the showcase and it looks like the teams are only playing one game per day. Some teams are playing games on all days (fri, sat, & sun) but some (cup gold for instance) only on sat & sun. Again, this was very smart planning on having the games in Oxford so that they are running concurrently with the Blue Chip. The 18s that are not committed will get plenty of looks this weekend if they networked and let the coaches know where & when they will be playing.
This is my 5th year doing the Blue Chip and they've only played one game a day since I've been doing it. I imagine it's been like that from the beginning. I know playing in Oxford without lights it would limit you on the amount of games being played in the first place.
Old 04-11-13, 05:25 PM
All Region

LetKidsPlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
and who are they IMITATING?

Go ahead, say it, we all know the answer.
I do not understand who you are insinuating is doing the the imitating? Are you believing the Blue Chip is imitating the ECNL or are you saying MRL is imitating the ECNL.

ECNL was founded in 2009 (according to ECNL About Us page). Blue Chip Showcase has been scheduling one game per day for longer than the ECNL has been in existence.

Here is a link to the 2008 U17 Womens Schedule

The 2008 - 2012 GotSoccer Blue Chip Schedules are still posted on-line.
Old 04-11-13, 05:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
The 1 game a day for youth soccer is rather ridiculous. Particularly if your traveling. No One can deny that all teams have had days where there 2nd game performance was much better than the 1st and that's after a couple of pops and chicken nuggets for lunch. With the older ages and bodies taking a beating or short rosters, I could see some advantage on occasion. The concept certainly isn't anything new. Could it be a shortage of coaching staff? I'm familiar with the "You know who" And many times when there were overlapping games we would end up with a sub for a coach.
Wow.

That is some reply.
Old 04-11-13, 05:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetKidsPlay View Post
I do not understand who you are insinuating is doing the the imitating? Are you believing the Blue Chip is imitating the ECNL or are you saying MRL is imitating the ECNL.

ECNL was founded in 2009 (according to ECNL About Us page). Blue Chip Showcase has been scheduling one game per day for longer than the ECNL has been in existence.

Here is a link to the 2008 U17 Womens Schedule

The 2008 - 2012 GotSoccer Blue Chip Schedules are still posted on-line.

I stand corrected. This particular tourney did the right thing prior to ECNL.

Many other tournaments are starting to play one game a a day as well, thanks to a more cerebral approach.
Old 04-11-13, 07:49 PM
Varsity

spurs1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
This is my 5th year doing the Blue Chip and they've only played one game a day since I've been doing it. I imagine it's been like that from the beginning. I know playing in Oxford without lights it would limit you on the amount of games being played in the first place.
This is a great tournament, and whenever I've been the fields have been in great shape. With the rain the last few days I hope the conditions hold up. Temps should be cool but good for the weekend and it looks like the chance of rain is slim over the weekend.

It looks like the MRL premier games are being played off site. Although they're both within 12 minutes of the main site. Is Bonham Road fields also University of Miami fields, and will they use the varsity game pitch or a practice pitch? Anyone know. Talawanda High School is a turf pitch and looks a little narrow on google maps.
Old 04-12-13, 12:33 PM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanofyear View Post

Zionsville beat Cleveland United 4-2 in the U17 bracket. Very nice win for Zionsville. KHA beat Zionsville last week 1-0.
Old 04-12-13, 08:20 PM
Varsity

spurs1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDad View Post
Zionsville beat Cleveland United 4-2 in the U17 bracket. Very nice win for Zionsville. KHA beat Zionsville last week 1-0.
Did you see the game? I heard that Zionsville controlled the tempo of the game throughout, but that was from someone that was told about the game, so I'm getting it third hand. Also heard the pitch was not in good shape.

I'll be there tomorrow but couldn't get there today.
Old 04-15-13, 07:02 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
KHA Girls won U14 as expected. Field conditions were not good on Bonham, very rutty and inconsistent.
Old 04-15-13, 07:42 AM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs1960 View Post
Did you see the game? I heard that Zionsville controlled the tempo of the game throughout, but that was from someone that was told about the game, so I'm getting it third hand. Also heard the pitch was not in good shape.

I'll be there tomorrow but couldn't get there today.
No, I did not see the game my Daughter was playing, so I obviously watched her game. Just saw it on the website.

Very windy conditions made most games a tail of halves.
Old 04-16-13, 08:25 AM
All Region

Great job by the u16 Fairfield (fosc) Red Swarm at the Blue Chip. 3-0, 13 goals scored with only 1 given up. Kurt Fischer has done a great job with this team.
Old 04-16-13, 12:53 PM
Varsity

RUNFANLLC
KF does do a great job with that swarm team, But I'd have to say, FOSC is loaded with a group of coaches and trainers that are "top Notched" Especially the younger kids, all the way up too U14 & 15. Both of of my girls played there and I'd have to say they are the reason one is finishing up her D1 career this year. And the other on her way to start her's next year. For sure this is one of the underrated clubs that do a great job of developing kids.
Old 04-16-13, 02:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNFANLLC View Post
KF does do a great job with that swarm team, But I'd have to say, FOSC is loaded with a group of coaches and trainers that are "top Notched" Especially the younger kids, all the way up too U14 & 15. Both of of my girls played there and I'd have to say they are the reason one is finishing up her D1 career this year. And the other on her way to start her's next year. For sure this is one of the underrated clubs that do a great job of developing kids.
FOSC has been an also ran for awhile but it's nice to see the development has taken hold and kids have stayed with the club to improve at the lower age groups. Let's see if the results come up around State Cup time. President Cup results aren't the same

Now we gotta work on the reputation of SOME of those FOSC parents! Esh!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: