Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-13, 08:40 AM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Wayne Baseball?

Has anyone heard anything about Wayne's baseball team? Who is this new coach? Is there any talent there this year? Will they compete?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-21-13, 11:23 AM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
New Coach..

In a previous post last year in April you stated that you knew a coach on the team. If that is the case then you would know who the new coach is this year.

If it's not true then you are obviously a player trying to stir up conversation about your own team.

Which is it??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-13, 01:41 PM
bulldog424101 bulldog424101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-15-11
Posts: 65
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Wayne's baseball team? Who is this new coach? Is there any talent there this year? Will they compete?
Wayne's baseball team will be competitive for the 2013 season.
They will be a young team,with a new head coach and staff.
The coach got a late start because the last coach resigned about 2 weeks before workouts could begin.Since then the team has went back to working hard on fundamentals and getting stronger.I think they will play hard for coach Yount and will only get better the more games the kids get under their belts. Wayne has some good young talent and the rest of the GWOC
Will soon find out!!!! GO WARRIORS! !!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-13, 03:00 PM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOC Buckeye View Post
In a previous post last year in April you stated that you knew a coach on the team. If that is the case then you would know who the new coach is this year.

If it's not true then you are obviously a player trying to stir up conversation about your own team.

Which is it??
Not a player and yes I know someone who was on the coaching staff. I am a Wayne alumni an like to keep up on the sports since I no longer live there and if I cannot get a hold of anyone I try to use yappi to get info. But thanks for paying attention to what I post and if you had any information that would be great. Where did the new coach come from? I was looking at the GWOC players thing there are no seniors with high regard am I looking at this wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-13, 03:21 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 42 centerville 35
Posts: 28,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
Not a player and yes I know someone who was on the coaching staff. I am a Wayne alumni an like to keep up on the sports since I no longer live there and if I cannot get a hold of anyone I try to use yappi to get info. But thanks for paying attention to what I post and if you had any information that would be great. Where did the new coach come from? I was looking at the GWOC players thing there are no seniors with high regard am I looking at this wrong?
The new coach came from across the field. He was the softball the coach last season.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-13, 05:52 PM
rlentless rlentless is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-25-09
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
I was looking at the GWOC players thing there are no seniors with high regard am I looking at this wrong?
What "GWOC players thing" were you looking at?

Wayne has some talented players that should be fun to watch this year. With new coaching it's always tough to predict how they'll play as a team.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-13, 06:56 PM
bulldog424101 bulldog424101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-15-11
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlentless View Post
What "GWOC players thing" were you looking at?

Wayne has some talented players that should be fun to watch this year. With new coaching it's always tough to predict how they'll play as a team.
The 2013 roster for Wayne is not up yet. He must be looking at last years roster.
Michael Pierce a right handed pitcher will be a Sr this year and I am looking for him to have a breakout year!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-13, 07:20 PM
rlentless rlentless is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-25-09
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog424101 View Post
Michael Pierce a right handed pitcher will be a Sr this year and I am looking for him to have a breakout year!!!!
He definitely has the size. If he added some arm strength and improved his mechanics he could certainly have a great year.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-13, 09:51 PM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Yes I was looking at last year trying to see who will be stepping up. I read in a post that the Michael warden kid was good but it said 4 hits and 9 eras for the season? Hope he has a better year.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-13, 10:00 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
Not a player and yes I know someone who was on the coaching staff. I am a Wayne alumni an like to keep up on the sports since I no longer live there and if I cannot get a hold of anyone I try to use yappi to get info. But thanks for paying attention to what I post and if you had any information that would be great. Where did the new coach come from? I was looking at the GWOC players thing there are no seniors with high regard am I looking at this wrong?
Reason for my response was because all but the head coach and maybe an assistant I believe stayed on with the new staff. So if you know a Coach it isn't that hard to find out from him who the new coach was, especially since social media and texting is as abundant as it is.

As far as the new coach goes everybody else is correct, it is Coach Yount the former Girls Softball coach. It will definitely be interesting to see/hear how the players react and perform for him and any other new coaches.

How can you tell who does and doesn't have "high regard" by looking at the GWOC site? If you are just looking at stats I would think a team with such a poor record like Wayne has had the last few years would be pretty slim on any kid with decent numbers, regardless of grad year.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-21-13, 10:04 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
"Michael Pierce a right handed pitcher will be a Sr this year and I am looking for him to have a breakout year!!!!"

"He definitely has the size. If he added some arm strength and improved his mechanics he could certainly have a great year."

Familiar with him from Frosty's Fall hitting league and Legion ball, almost didn't recognize him at first. He looks like he either got taller or lost a bunch of weight, not quite sure. Can't comment on his mechanics or arm strength, but he had some good games for Troy Legion team.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-21-13, 11:23 PM
rlentless rlentless is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-25-09
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOC Buckeye View Post
Can't comment on his mechanics or arm strength, but he had some good games for Troy Legion team.
Well, he's listed at 6' 4" 220 lbs and his FB was topping at 78 last summer. Lots of upper body at the plate, lower body torque...not so much. From what I saw, he has the potential for some impressive power.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-13, 09:44 AM
TheBenchwarmer TheBenchwarmer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-06
Location: Clayton
Posts: 816
Just curious if none of the varsity assistant coaches, jv or freshman HC's from last year wanted the varsity job? Going from softball to baseball seems a little odd. And why did Stringfield leave? One bad year but all in all seemed like a really good coach.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-13, 03:28 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
"one" bad year??? Wayne baseball has not been the same since the class of 06 graduated.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-13, 03:35 PM
TheBenchwarmer TheBenchwarmer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-06
Location: Clayton
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
"one" bad year??? Wayne baseball has not been the same since the class of 06 graduated.
Look I know things aren't measured on how a team does against Vandalia but for argument's sake, Ferraro was 0-22 against Butler, at least Stringfield was 1-2.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-13, 05:47 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
I asked the same thing about Stringfield and why he left to some close friends who claim to be close to Wayne sports. Apparently it was for family reasons, starting a family got to be too much.

Wayne baseball definitely hasn't been the same since 2006 but Stringfield did win a district title in his first year and I believe played a tight game with a Cincy school to get to regional finals. This is with the same kids that Ferraro was one and done the year prior.

There are alot of people unhappy about hiring a softball coach. A player parent told me that a few of the assistants applied for the job and continued running conditioning and workouts but weren't hired for job. Do not know why.

Either way it should be another interesting season for the Warriors.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-13, 05:48 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Look I know things aren't measured on how a team does against Vandalia but for argument's sake, Ferraro was 0-22 against Butler, at least Stringfield was 1-2.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-13, 06:57 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
anyone know how they did against Fairborn?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-23-13, 07:44 PM
bulldog424101 bulldog424101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-15-11
Posts: 65
That game was canceled and they scrimmaged the I've today.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-23-13, 07:52 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
the who?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-23-13, 08:15 PM
bulldog424101 bulldog424101 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-15-11
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
the who?
The junior varsity.... Good old auto correct and bad eyes!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-23-13, 08:29 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
How did they look? Have yet to see a updated roster or completed schedule. Have no clue what to expect which isn't usually a good thing.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-24-13, 10:49 AM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
I have seen the schedule and they play some good teams like Tipp and Shawnee this year. The Toledo team will come here to play this year. I went to the Butler game and if cherry would've hit everyone in the batting line up Wayne would've lost that game too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-13, 10:53 AM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Just curious if none of the varsity assistant coaches, jv or freshman HC's from last year wanted the varsity job? Going from softball to baseball seems a little odd. And why did Stringfield leave? One bad year but all in all seemed like a really good coach.
Stringfield was over his head would've been better as an assistant.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-24-13, 11:41 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
When I was in HS Stringfield had great success every season with the JV's even after Ferraro would take away all of the talented underclassmen. I dont think that he was over his head I think it was due to the change going on at Wayne HS. I played for Ferraro and while he was....well...."weird" he didnt deserve to get ran out of town the way he did. When the parents are calling the shots its tough to run a program. I dont think think Stringfield wanted to deal with the b.s. and parents anymore. Doesnt help that the talent well and young travel teams that used to be everywhere in Huber Heights are now all gone. The negatives outweigh the positives right now when it comes to the Wayne baseball program. Hopefully things will change I know Coach Yount and his family are well known in Huber Heights, maybe he can get the kids back out on the ball fields and raise a little more excitement for what used to be a very very proud program that was flush with talent every year. Say what you want about Ferraro but he always got the talent out on the field and was never afraid to take chances on playing a younger guy for the betterment of the program and its future.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-24-13, 12:39 PM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
When I was in HS Stringfield had great success every season with the JV's even after Ferraro would take away all of the talented underclassmen. I dont think that he was over his head I think it was due to the change going on at Wayne HS. I played for Ferraro and while he was....well...."weird" he didnt deserve to get ran out of town the way he did. When the parents are calling the shots its tough to run a program. I dont think think Stringfield wanted to deal with the b.s. and parents anymore. Doesnt help that the talent well and young travel teams that used to be everywhere in Huber Heights are now all gone. The negatives outweigh the positives right now when it comes to the Wayne baseball program. Hopefully things will change I know Coach Yount and his family are well known in Huber Heights, maybe he can get the kids back out on the ball fields and raise a little more excitement for what used to be a very very proud program that was flush with talent every year. Say what you want about Ferraro but he always got the talent out on the field and was never afraid to take chances on playing a younger guy for the betterment of the program and its future.
I agree other than stringfeild wasnt over his head
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-24-13, 05:56 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
I have seen the schedule and they play some good teams like Tipp and Shawnee this year. The Toledo team will come here to play this year. I went to the Butler game and if cherry would've hit everyone in the batting line up Wayne would've lost that game too.
This reaffirms my thoughts earlier that you are a player. How have you seen the schedule if it hasn't been released yet? You say you are friends with one of the old coaches yet you don't get to talk to him that much?

Toledo is a scrimmage that will likely get cancelled thanks to this terrific weather!

Your Butler comment makes no sense because Wayne DID lose to Butler last year, pretty bad too!

As long as Wayne is in gwoc central they will play good teams, cville and northmont are usually a few of the better teams in state.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-25-13, 01:08 PM
onone onone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-22-11
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOC Buckeye View Post
This reaffirms my thoughts earlier that you are a player. How have you seen the schedule if it hasn't been released yet? You say you are friends with one of the old coaches yet you don't get to talk to him that much?

Toledo is a scrimmage that will likely get cancelled thanks to this terrific weather!

Your Butler comment makes no sense because Wayne DID lose to Butler last year, pretty bad too!

As long as Wayne is in gwoc central they will play good teams, cville and northmont are usually a few of the better teams in state.
I was talking about the game stringfield won against Butler buddy. Cherry walked everyone the year Wayne won. Last year Wayne got smoked by Butler
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-25-13, 07:36 PM
GWOC Buckeye GWOC Buckeye is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-22-10
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by onone View Post
I was talking about the game stringfield won against Butler buddy. Cherry walked everyone the year Wayne won. Last year Wayne got smoked by Butler
Beat Cherry and V-B in back to back years actually, home and away. Have any other excuses?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-25-13, 09:15 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 1,708
One game does not define a season.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.