Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Old 01-07-13, 09:15 PM
All District

thsrocks is on a distinguished road
Can Colerain confirm contract with Louisville Trinity?

I am hearing the Cardinals are joining the Crusaders in playing Louisville Trinity for the next two seasons. Is anyone in Cardinal Nation able to confirm?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-13, 11:56 PM
All Ohio

wise one
Trinity is expected to be down in 2013, so it makes sense for Colerain to play them. It worked with Cocoa, FL, Ryle, KY, DuPont Manual, KY and a couple of others. Colerain looks for Harbin cows and it backfires on them and they get teams in their down years.
Old 01-08-13, 01:30 AM
All District

armbarz is on a distinguished road
It Looks Like Colerain Lost Alot Also
Old 01-08-13, 09:37 AM
All American

cardinalsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise one View Post
Trinity is expected to be down in 2013, so it makes sense for Colerain to play them. It worked with Cocoa, FL, Ryle, KY, DuPont Manual, KY and a couple of others. Colerain looks for Harbin cows and it backfires on them and they get teams in their down years.
Maybe Trinity is looking for harbin cows, Colerain loses quite a bit.
Old 01-08-13, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
Maybe Trinity is looking for harbin cows, ....
Not how Ky. determines who gets into their post season!

:>---
Old 01-08-13, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
Not how Ky. determines who gets into their post season!

:>---
True. Still interesting timing for Trinity to approach them.
Old 01-08-13, 07:57 PM
All World

BlueBomber94 is on a distinguished road
It's interesting for either to approach the other after losing so many. Colerain challenged Tyler Lee, TX after both won the state championship, Colerain was nationally ranked to start the season and beat TL down. Tyler Lee went on to finish 4-6. Interesting time to schedule a team that graduated nearly its entire team. Hoover, AL also came to OH as Prattville began to reign supreme in AL. Cocoa had just won 3 state titles and were dry in the talent pool. That wasn't Cocoa's only loss that season.

I can assure you that Trinity looks to do the same thing. It'll still make for a great matchup. Kudos to Colerain and Trinity!
Old 01-08-13, 08:37 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Good for them....one thing I respect about Colerain is they aren't shy about scheduling outside their league. I wonder if any other "big boys" in the GMC are seeking out teams like Trinity?
Old 01-08-13, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Good for them....one thing I respect about Colerain is they aren't shy about scheduling outside their league. I wonder if any other "big boys" in the GMC are seeking out teams like Trinity?
LOL. What other "big boys?"
Old 01-08-13, 10:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
True. Still interesting timing for Trinity to approach them.
Trinity has to play somebody. Elder and the Bombers bailed out on renewing series.
Old 01-08-13, 10:35 PM
All District

Alexander is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
LOL. What other "big boys?"
St.Xavier,Elder,Moeller,Highlands,Tyler Robert E Lee,Cardinal O'Hara,Hoover,Wayne,McKeesport,Cocoa,North Canton Hoover,Centerville,Detroit St Martin de Porres, and Clark Road.

forget the last one, Canadian football does not count
Old 01-08-13, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

JElder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
St.Xavier,Elder,Moeller,Highlands,Tyler Robert E Lee,Cardinal O'Hara,Hoover,Wayne,McKeesport,Cocoa,North Canton Hoover,Centerville,Detroit St Martin de Porres, and Clark Road.

"Big Boys" in the GMC... He was making a joke...
Old 01-08-13, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Ummm... X And Moe aren't in the GMC. They are in the Greater Cincinatti League (GCL). And Moe played and beat Trinity this year. (Yeah, That's right. Greater CINCY League)

Go Big Moe!
Old 01-08-13, 11:26 PM
All Ohio

wkinfromhome is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Alex, St X would kill Trinity next year. You may want to ask your coach why he didn't want to come up here!
Old 01-09-13, 12:14 PM
All American

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thsrocks View Post
Trinity has to play somebody. Elder and the Bombers bailed out on renewing series.
Tell the rest of it....starting with the zebras and the clock operator.
Old 01-09-13, 01:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkinfromhome View Post
Alex, St X would kill Trinity next year. You may want to ask your coach why he didn't want to come up here!
Are you refering to Beatty? It was Trinity's turn to travel.

If the "St X would kill Trinity" sentiment is true, then why is St X bailing out on the Rocks? To travel to Brentwood, TN? That makes a lot of fiscal sense. You'll recall, Specht has publicly stated he prefers a local schedule. That's why Brentwood deal is a real head scratcher!

Trust me, Trinity would love to continue the series with the Bombers. Thankfully, Colerain was willing to sign a deal. Trinity still needs one or two games. Supposedly, 8 games are signed deals.

O yeah, the JV score last season was Trinity 31, Bombers 21. Trinity's 2013 QB didn't play a down at QB for the JV and he was a WR for the varsity this season. He was offered a full ride by U of L the first day possible for juniors based on his success at Qb camps.
Old 01-09-13, 03:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

If the "St X would kill Trinity" sentiment is true, then why is St X bailing out on the Rocks? To travel to Brentwood, TN? That makes a lot of fiscal sense. You'll recall, Specht has publicly stated he prefers a local schedule. That's why Brentwood deal is a real head scratcher!

Trust me, Trinity would love to continue the series with the Bombers. Thankfully, Colerain was willing to sign a deal. Trinity still needs one or two games. Supposedly, 8 games are signed deals.

O yeah, the JV score last season was Trinity 31, Bombers 21. Trinity's 2013 QB didn't play a down at QB for the JV and he was a WR for the varsity this season. He was offered a full ride by U of L the first day possible for juniors based on his success at Qb camps.
I'd be interested to know which school decided to call it quits. You're right, it makes no sense for St. X to cancel this year given that you guys have to come up here for a game. We only have 4 home games, I'm sure Specht would have wanted a 5th.
Old 01-09-13, 08:47 PM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I believe all GMC teams schedule outside their league every year so not sure what you mean and i believe Middletown has had Wayne, X and supposedly Playing Elder this year. Some also heard a rumor they were aying pick central this year too, but not sure how true that is. Dont see anything wrong with that.
Old 01-09-13, 09:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkinfromhome View Post
I'd be interested to know which school decided to call it quits. You're right, it makes no sense for St. X to cancel this year given that you guys have to come up here for a game. We only have 4 home games, I'm sure Specht would have wanted a 5th.
I can assure you that Trinity did not want the series cancelled. Brentwood Academy as well as MBA also cancelled along with Elder. These are more reasons that Trinity did not want to cancel. Trinity needs the JV games as well. Making the playoffs just got easier for the Division 1 schools in Ohio. So a potential loss was less damaging to the Bombers. I have spoken with Trinity administration and they stated St. X as well as Elder, etc. decided not to renew.
Old 01-09-13, 09:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I can assure you that Trinity did not want the series cancelled. Brentwood Academy as well as MBA also cancelled along with Elder. These are more reasons that Trinity did not want to cancel. Trinity needs the JV games as well. Making the playoffs just got easier for the Division 1 schools in Ohio. So a potential loss was less damaging to the Bombers. I have spoken with Trinity administration and they stated St. X as well as Elder, etc. decided not to renew.
Interesting! I can say its not because we think we'd lose. We're loaded next year and you're reloading.
Old 01-09-13, 10:44 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Ummm... X And Moe aren't in the GMC. They are in the Greater Cincinatti League (GCL). And Moe played and beat Trinity this year. (Yeah, That's right. Greater CINCY League)

Go Big Moe!
That's the Greater Catholic League not Greater Cincinnati League.
Old 01-09-13, 10:49 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know the number of teams in D1 is smaller now that they realigned everything, but I'm not so certain that necessarily makes it easier.

Glad Elder didn't renew the series though.
Old 01-09-13, 11:08 PM
All District

Footballfan1212 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Trinity's JV team was also mostly Juniors whereas St. X's JV team is ALL sophomores or younger
Old 01-10-13, 12:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I know the number of teams in D1 is smaller now that they realigned everything, but I'm not so certain that necessarily makes it easier.

Glad Elder didn't renew the series though.
Apparently, neither did St. X. St. X also didn't renew their series with St. Eds for 2013. But it's X/Colerain week 1 again. I don't know if it'll be part of the Crosstown Showdown. I would love to see the Colerain/Trinity game.
Old 01-10-13, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe he's just kickin' it "Old School".
Old 01-10-13, 02:17 PM
All American

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. THe fact is our schedule strength says otherwise. For the record, I loved playing Trinity. Loved the competition and playing against the best in Ky. HOWEVER, what we experienced in Louisville this year has no place in high school sports. It was the worst examples of homerism that I have experienced in 40 years of watching high school ball. You all are better than that. Nough said.
Old 01-10-13, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Lighten up Francis. I was joking about Cincy being better.
Old 01-10-13, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

flexz69
Wow.....look at all GCL trolls in here!!!!! Lol

Wise one = not so much
Old 01-10-13, 07:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexz69 View Post
Wow.....look at all GCL trolls in here!!!!! Lol

Wise one = not so much
With both teams losing some key players from last year, this matchup should have happend a several years ago. I will say this, though. It takes guts to schedule Cincy St. X and Lou Trinity.
Old 01-10-13, 09:17 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Hopefully, they'll put the Colerain/Trinity game as part of the Skyline showdown. I'd love to see it.