Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-12, 01:00 PM
WarriorOne WarriorOne is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Location: SouthWest, OH
Posts: 2,284
WarriorOne
Summary: GCL VS GWOC (Very Interesting)

Summary: The Greater Catholic League (South) Versus The Greater Western Ohio Conference (Central Division)
Date...............GWOC Team..............GCL Team....................Venue......................................Remarks
Nov 6, 1999.....Huber Heights Wayne....St Xavier...............Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 37-14 Wayne
Nov 13, 1999...Huber Heights Wayne....Elder.....................Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 24-10 Wayne
Nov 3, 2001....Clayton Northmont........St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field......................... Post Season – 41-6 St Xavier
Nov 2, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 35-34 Wayne
Nov 9, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Elder......................Paul Brown Stadium..............Post Season – 31-3 Elder
Nov 1, 2003....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 14-10 Moeller
Aug 27, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne...Elder......................Nippert Stadium.....Crosstown Showdown – 21-14 Elder
Sep 1, 2006.....Northmont...................LaSalle...................Lancer Stadium............Regular Season – 11-6 Northmont
Nov 5, 2005.....Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Nov 19, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Welcome Stadium....................Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Aug 24, 2006...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 52-14 St Xavier
Nov 10, 2007...Centerville...................St. Xavier...............Paul Brown Stadium...............Post Season – 31-6 St Xavier
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller
Nov 1, 2008.....Centerville...................Elder......................Elder Stadium.....................Post Season – 52-27 Elder
Nov 8, 2008.....Clayton Northmont.......Elder.......................Nipper Stadium...................Post Season – 13-10 Elder
Sep 11, 2009...Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller...Centerville Stadium.........................Regular Season – 21-19 Moeller
Nov 7, 2009.....Centerville..................St. Xavier................Tom Ballaban Field...............Post Season – 37-12 St Xavier
Nov 7, 2009.....Huber Heights Wayne...Elder.......................Elder Stadium....................Post Season – 35-14 Elder
Aug 29, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller... Tom Ballaban Field................Crosstown Showdown – 35-28 Moeller
Sep 10, 2010...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Northmont Stadium........................Regular Season – 51-14 Moeller
Nov 6, 2010.....Centerville..................Archbishop Moeller.....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Post Season – 27-17 Centerville
Nov 20, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...St. Xavier.................Welcome Stadium..................Post Season – 28-24 Wayne
Aug 26, 2011...Centerville..................Elder......................Centerville Stadium.Crosstown Showdown – 33-14 Elder
Aug 27, 2011...Springfield..................St. Xavier.................Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 30-7 St Xavier
Sep 10, 2011...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Regular Season – 63-12 Moeller
Aug 24, 2012...Centerville..................Elder........................Elder Stadium......Crosstown Showdown – 34-21 Elder
No. Years Covered by Study: 14
No. Teams in Study: 10
No. Games in Study: 26
No. Games Won by GCL: 17
No. Games Won by GWOC: 9
No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15
No. Games in GWOC Stadiums: 3
No. Games in Cincinnati Neutral Stadiums: 4
No. Games in Dayton Neutral Stadiums: 4
Archbishop Moeller VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 3
Elder VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
LaSalle VS GWOC: Won 0 Lost 1
St. Xavier VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
Beavercreek VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Centerville VS GCL: Won 2 Lost 6
Clayton Northmont VS GCL: Won 1 Lost 4
Huber Heights Wayne VS GCL: Won 6 Lost 6
Kettering Fairmont VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Springfield VS GCL: Won 0 Lost 1

Sources: OHSAA, GWOC Statistics, GCL Statistics, Joe Eitel.Com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-31-12, 01:28 PM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 5,228
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyUKnCf0YY
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-12, 02:40 PM
CincyHSFootballFan CincyHSFootballFan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-28-06
Posts: 1,703
CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
I don't know what is so interesting about this honestly. Wayne is the only team to have success vs. the GCL. Also, idk if you meant to point out that a majority of these games have been in the GCL's home stadiums or not like you did in the other thread and then had no response when others pointed out the reality of the situation. The reason a majority of these games have been at GCL stadiums is because they were almost all home playoff games for the GCL. Very few are regular season games and the ones that were, were a home and home or a part of the crosstown showdown. So once again, if you think the GCL will not come play you in your place, your wrong. Have your ad give the GCL a call.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-12, 02:53 PM
THUNDER7 THUNDER7 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-11
Posts: 192
THUNDER7 is on a distinguished road
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller


Not to be overly critical of your extensive study, I believe this game was played at Nippert/UC instead of Roettger/Lockland - I remember this game with Centerville having that stud lineman (Repologue ???) who was their noseguard and short yardage fullback - he was a beast. Couldn't figure out on a 4 &1 late in the game why they did not give him the ball on that play. Didn't that kid go to Indiana? Is he still playing?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-12, 03:20 PM
petroglyph petroglyph is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-25-09
Posts: 650
petroglyph is on a distinguished road
Know this discussion is primarily a DI playoff marker, but it's imcomplete data..Alter,C-J and Carroll regularly play GWOC schools..Looking at the Alter webpage shows a 47-22 record going back to the beginning year..Carroll and C-J have both played longer series vs GWOC schools
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-12, 03:21 PM
Ugotboomed06 Ugotboomed06 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-16-12
Posts: 138
Ugotboomed06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER7 View Post
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller


Not to be overly critical of your extensive study, I believe this game was played at Nippert/UC instead of Roettger/Lockland - I remember this game with Centerville having that stud lineman (Repologue ???) who was their noseguard and short yardage fullback - he was a beast. Couldn't figure out on a 4 &1 late in the game why they did not give him the ball on that play. Didn't that kid go to Indiana? Is he still playing?
Yes. Adam Replogle he has been starting at DT from the time he was a freshman or sophomore. He is a senior now at Indiana and having a good season.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-12, 03:26 PM
THUNDER7 THUNDER7 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-11
Posts: 192
THUNDER7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugotboomed06 View Post
Yes. Adam Replogle he has been starting at DT from the time he was a freshman or sophomore. He is a senior now at Indiana and having a good season.
That kid was STRONG! He was fun to watch, unfortunately even though he was on the other team! Good to hear he is doing well with plenty of PT.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-12, 04:01 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 7,328
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
You made two errors off the top of my head, who knows how many their actually are....

In 2003 Elder played Northmont at Yeager Stadium on the campus of Miami Ohio.

Also Springfield and St X played at UC as part of the Showdown, not at St X.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-12, 04:16 PM
Ghuroo10 Ghuroo10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 13
Ghuroo10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
Summary: The Greater Catholic League (South) Versus The Greater Western Ohio Conference (Central Division)
Date...............GWOC Team..............GCL Team....................Venue......................................Remarks
Nov 6, 1999.....Huber Heights Wayne....St Xavier...............Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 37-14 Wayne
Nov 13, 1999...Huber Heights Wayne....Elder.....................Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 24-10 Wayne
Nov 3, 2001....Clayton Northmont........St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field......................... Post Season – 41-6 St Xavier
Nov 2, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 35-34 Wayne
Nov 9, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Elder......................Paul Brown Stadium..............Post Season – 31-3 Elder
Nov 1, 2003....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 14-10 Moeller
Aug 27, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne...Elder......................Nippert Stadium.....Crosstown Showdown – 21-14 Elder
Sep 1, 2006.....Northmont...................LaSalle...................Lancer Stadium............Regular Season – 11-6 Northmont
Nov 5, 2005.....Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Nov 19, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Welcome Stadium....................Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Aug 24, 2006...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 52-14 St Xavier
Nov 10, 2007...Centerville...................St. Xavier...............Paul Brown Stadium...............Post Season – 31-6 St Xavier
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller
Nov 1, 2008.....Centerville...................Elder......................Elder Stadium.....................Post Season – 52-27 Elder
Nov 8, 2008.....Clayton Northmont.......Elder.......................Nipper Stadium...................Post Season – 13-10 Elder
Sep 11, 2009...Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller...Centerville Stadium.........................Regular Season – 21-19 Moeller
Nov 7, 2009.....Centerville..................St. Xavier................Tom Ballaban Field...............Post Season – 37-12 St Xavier
Nov 7, 2009.....Huber Heights Wayne...Elder.......................Elder Stadium....................Post Season – 35-14 Elder
Aug 29, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller... Tom Ballaban Field................Crosstown Showdown – 35-28 Moeller
Sep 10, 2010...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Northmont Stadium........................Regular Season – 51-14 Moeller
Nov 6, 2010.....Centerville..................Archbishop Moeller.....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Post Season – 27-17 Centerville
Nov 20, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...St. Xavier.................Welcome Stadium..................Post Season – 28-24 Wayne
Aug 26, 2011...Centerville..................Elder......................Centerville Stadium.Crosstown Showdown – 33-14 Elder
Aug 27, 2011...Springfield..................St. Xavier.................Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 30-7 St Xavier
Sep 10, 2011...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Regular Season – 63-12 Moeller
Aug 24, 2012...Centerville..................Elder........................Elder Stadium......Crosstown Showdown – 34-21 Elder
No. Years Covered by Study: 14
No. Teams in Study: 10
No. Games in Study: 26
No. Games Won by GCL: 17
No. Games Won by GWOC: 9
No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15
No. Games in GWOC Stadiums: 3
No. Games in Cincinnati Neutral Stadiums: 4
No. Games in Dayton Neutral Stadiums: 4
Archbishop Moeller VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 3
Elder VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
LaSalle VS GWOC: Won 0 Lost 1
St. Xavier VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
Beavercreek VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Centerville VS GCL: Won 2 Lost 6
Clayton Northmont VS GCL: Won 1 Lost 4
Huber Heights Wayne VS GCL: Won 6 Lost 6
Kettering Fairmont VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Springfield VS GCL: Won 0 Lost 1

Sources: OHSAA, GWOC Statistics, GCL Statistics, Joe Eitel.Com
Sept., 2005 at LaSalle - Northmont 42,LaSalle 7
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-12, 04:31 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 7,328
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
What the numbers actually say.

In 26 total games:
- 15 of them were Postseason matchups
- 6 of them were Showdown matchups
- 5 of them were Regular season matchups

Starting with the Regular Season matchups:
- 4 of 5 games were home and home contracts (Northmont vs Moeller and Centerville vs Moeller)
- The other game was Northmont visiting LaSalle in 2006

Of the Showdown matchups (which is a Cincinnati-based event):
- Centerville and Elder played in home and home matchups.
- Wayne played Elder at UC once
- Wayne played Moeller in a double-header at St X which was shown on ESPN
- I'm not entirely sure Wayne played AT St X in 2006 for the Showdown. I could be wrong, but I can't find any record disputing this.

Of the Postseason matchups (in which locations are picked by the OHSAA):
- 4 games were played at Welcome Stadium in Dayton
- 2 games were played at Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium
- 1 game was played at Cincinnati Nippert Stadium
- 8 games were played at higher seeded school's stadium per Playoff matchups

Of the two conferences Big 3's (GWOC - Centerville, Northmont, Wayne/GCL - Elder, Moeller, St X):
- Wayne and St X are the only two not to play in a "home and home" matchups.

The biggest stat to be told in this whole summary:
- There have been 4 playoff games held in Dayton after Round 1
- There have been 3 playoff games held in Cincinnati after Round 1

As far as the Showdown, they have now expanded the event to include games in Dayton at Welcome Stadium, but prior to this expansion, the games were held in Cincinnati, usually Nippert Stadium. If teams like Wayne did not want to travel to Cincinnati for this event, then they could have turned it down and not played in it. And at the end of the day, they are always able to back out of a matchup that they do not want to be in. For example, if Wayne did not want to play at St X against Moeller on ESPN, they could have opted out of that. Yet the appeal of that game for ESPN was Braxton Miller.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-31-12, 05:09 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 42 centerville 35
Posts: 28,909
vamp2syd is on a distinguished road
Wayne played @ St.X against St. X in the crosstown on a Thursday. They had to move up the game and relocate the game at X because of the upcoming Teacher strike at Wayne that would of ppd the game.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-31-12, 05:12 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: Wayne 42 centerville 35
Posts: 28,909
vamp2syd is on a distinguished road
As for Wayne not wanting to play in the cross town in Cincinnati, that is true well sort of. When the crosstown expanded to Dayton and included Welcome Stadium of course they are going to want Wayne to play in that event. Wayne has always wanted a week 1 home game and now I believe they are out of the Crosstown all together in order to get that home game.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-31-12, 06:05 PM
WarriorOne WarriorOne is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Location: SouthWest, OH
Posts: 2,284
WarriorOne
Please notice the summary only listed the factual information about the games in the study. Intentionally, it did not identify any reasons or justifications for the games at any particular venue. It did this to stimulate discussion and rationalizations from those reviewing this information.

Some of the data bases did not included all the information pointed out as errors by some posters. For example, games played at Yeager stadium only listed the home and visitor teams without a reference to the venue.

By-the-way, regarding the explanations presented, none of them included the lobbying by some GCL fans for the OHSSA to move some post season games from Welcome Stadium to a Cincinnati venue. This seemingly comes up for every post season game scheduled for Welcome Stadium.

Regarding the Sep 5, 2005 La Salle versus Northmont game inadvertently omitted from the study, I had it listed and for some unknown reason I deleted it.

Nevertheless, please draw your own conclusions from the summary but instead of admonishing the presenter, your comments should refer to the data provided.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-31-12, 06:56 PM
Vincent and Regina Vincent and Regina is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-13-08
Posts: 1,564
Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
I don't know if you know this, but Elder played Northmont in 2003 at Miami. I can't remember if Northmont was in the GWOC central at the time or not. That could be the reason it isn't listed.

Otherwise real good data.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-31-12, 07:10 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 11,863
Termite2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
By-the-way, regarding the explanations presented, none of them included the lobbying by some GCL fans for the OHSSA to move some post season games from Welcome Stadium to a Cincinnati venue. This seemingly comes up for every post season game scheduled for Welcome Stadium.

.
That is not correct; they don't mind moving the games to Yeager or Crew, which they have done in the past to avoid playing at Welcome. It has nothing to do with playing in Dayton, it has to do with playing at Welcome.

BTW only count 9 games in GCL stadiums
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-31-12, 07:21 PM
ZMonsterFalcons ZMonsterFalcons is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-25-12
Posts: 4
ZMonsterFalcons is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
Summary: The Greater Catholic League (South) Versus The Greater Western Ohio Conference (Central Division)
Date...............GWOC Team..............GCL Team....................Venue......................................Remarks
Nov 6, 1999.....Huber Heights Wayne....St Xavier...............Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 37-14 Wayne
Nov 13, 1999...Huber Heights Wayne....Elder.....................Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 24-10 Wayne
Nov 3, 2001....Clayton Northmont........St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field......................... Post Season – 41-6 St Xavier
Nov 2, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 35-34 Wayne
Nov 9, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Elder......................Paul Brown Stadium..............Post Season – 31-3 Elder
Nov 1, 2003....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 14-10 Moeller
Aug 27, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne...Elder......................Nippert Stadium.....Crosstown Showdown – 21-14 Elder
Sep 1, 2006.....Northmont...................LaSalle...................Lancer Stadium............Regular Season – 11-6 Northmont
Nov 5, 2005.....Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Nov 19, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Welcome Stadium....................Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Aug 24, 2006...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 52-14 St Xavier
Nov 10, 2007...Centerville...................St. Xavier...............Paul Brown Stadium...............Post Season – 31-6 St Xavier
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller
Nov 1, 2008.....Centerville...................Elder......................Elder Stadium.....................Post Season – 52-27 Elder
Nov 8, 2008.....Clayton Northmont.......Elder.......................Nipper Stadium...................Post Season – 13-10 Elder
Sep 11, 2009...Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller...Centerville Stadium.........................Regular Season – 21-19 Moeller
Nov 7, 2009.....Centerville..................St. Xavier................Tom Ballaban Field...............Post Season – 37-12 St Xavier
Nov 7, 2009.....Huber Heights Wayne...Elder.......................Elder Stadium....................Post Season – 35-14 Elder
Aug 29, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller... Tom Ballaban Field................Crosstown Showdown – 35-28 Moeller
Sep 10, 2010...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Northmont Stadium........................Regular Season – 51-14 Moeller
Nov 6, 2010.....Centerville..................Archbishop Moeller.....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Post Season – 27-17 Centerville
Nov 20, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...St. Xavier.................Welcome Stadium..................Post Season – 28-24 Wayne
Aug 26, 2011...Centerville..................Elder......................Centerville Stadium.Crosstown Showdown – 33-14 Elder
Aug 27, 2011...Springfield..................St. Xavier.................Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 30-7 St Xavier
Sep 10, 2011...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Regular Season – 63-12 Moeller
Aug 24, 2012...Centerville..................Elder........................Elder Stadium......Crosstown Showdown – 34-21 Elder
No. Years Covered by Study: 14
No. Teams in Study: 10
No. Games in Study: 26
No. Games Won by GCL: 17
No. Games Won by GWOC: 9
No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15
No. Games in GWOC Stadiums: 3
No. Games in Cincinnati Neutral Stadiums: 4
No. Games in Dayton Neutral Stadiums: 4
Archbishop Moeller VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 3
Elder VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
LaSalle VS GWOC: Won 0 Lost 1
St. Xavier VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
Beavercreek VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Centerville VS GCL: Won 2 Lost 6
Clayton Northmont VS GCL: Won 1 Lost 4
Huber Heights Wayne VS GCL: Won 6 Lost 6
Kettering Fairmont VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Springfield VS GCL: Won 0 Lost 1

Sources: OHSAA, GWOC Statistics, GCL Statistics, Joe Eitel.Com
GCL>GWOC
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-31-12, 07:41 PM
WarriorOne WarriorOne is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Location: SouthWest, OH
Posts: 2,284
WarriorOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
That is not correct; they don't mind moving the games to Yeager or Crew, which they have done in the past to avoid playing at Welcome. It has nothing to do with playing in Dayton, it has to do with playing at Welcome.
What are you suggesting is wrong? There was no mention of anything in your post.

I may be wrong, but I don’t remember a Region IV game ever being at Crew stadium or one moved from Welcome to Yeager.

Your last sentence above is nonsense and I do not respond to nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-31-12, 07:56 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 11,863
Termite2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
What are you suggesting is wrong? There was no mention of anything in your post.

I may be wrong, but I don’t remember a Region IV game ever being at Crew stadium or one moved from Welcome to Yeager.

Your last sentence above is nonsense and I do not respond to nonsense.
The part about moving games from Welcome to Cincinnati; they just want the games moved from Welcome.

X - Davidson was moved to Crew from Welcome, as an example.


I only counted 9 games at GCL stadiums; where does the 15 come from?
"No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-31-12, 08:04 PM
moejoe83 moejoe83 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-08
Posts: 1,743
moejoe83 is on a distinguished road
I did a full review of this data...and what I see from this giant report from Warriorone is that the team that scored more than the other team, won.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-31-12, 08:09 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 11,863
Termite2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moejoe83 View Post
I did a full review of this data...and what I see from this giant report from Warriorone is that the team that scored more than the other team, won.
He also has you playing at Roettger before 2009 and I don't think he knows that Roettger is not a GCL field.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-31-12, 08:11 PM
WarriorOne WarriorOne is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Location: SouthWest, OH
Posts: 2,284
WarriorOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
The part about moving games from Welcome to Cincinnati; they just want the games moved from Welcome.

X - Davidson was moved to Crew from Welcome, as an example.


I only counted 9 games at GCL stadiums; where does the 15 come from?
"No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15"
Just as a reminder, this study is about the GCL and the GWOC. I did not know Davidson had joined the league.

I suggest you take off your shoes them maybe you can count to fifteen.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-31-12, 08:16 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 11,863
Termite2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
Just as a reminder, this study is about the GCL and the GWOC. I did not know Davidson had joined the league.

I suggest you take off your shoes them maybe you can count to fifteen.
Roettger is not a GCL stadium; your term-GCL stadium. They also starting playing there in 09'; they have played there before, but that was years earlier. Before that, they played at Nippert and unless UC was in the GCL, that is also not a GCL stadium. Moeller's GCL field is located at 9001 Montgomery Rd.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-31-12, 09:35 PM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 27,112
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
LaSalle 0-1

Just another reason to kick them out of the GCL-S!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-31-12, 10:37 PM
sportsvoice sportsvoice is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-07-06
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 471
sportsvoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER7 View Post
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller


Not to be overly critical of your extensive study, I believe this game was played at Nippert/UC instead of Roettger/Lockland - I remember this game with Centerville having that stud lineman (Repologue ???) who was their noseguard and short yardage fullback - he was a beast. Couldn't figure out on a 4 &1 late in the game why they did not give him the ball on that play. Didn't that kid go to Indiana? Is he still playing?
When they played Wayne, we referred to that formation with Replogle at fullback as the "Rhino Back" play on the radio.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-31-12, 11:05 PM
Ugotboomed06 Ugotboomed06 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-16-12
Posts: 138
Ugotboomed06 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Termite2;5259660]Roettger is not a GCL stadium; your term-GCL stadium. They also starting playing there in 09'; they have played there before, but that was years earlier. Before that, they played at Nippert and unless UC was in the GCL, that is also not a GCL stadium. Moeller's GCL field is located at 9001 Montgomery Rd.[/QUOTE

Listen guy......he provided information to engage discussion about the GCL and GWOC since it would be impossible for schools from either league to get through Region 4 without facing each other. Who the F*** cares if he got the venue right or wrong. He was comparing games played in the Cincinnati area vs the Dayton area. He tried at least give him respect for that.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-01-12, 12:40 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 7,328
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
His attempt was to show that the Dayton area teams come down here to Cincy an awful lot compared to GCL teams traveling up there. He claimed in another thread that GCL teams refuse to make the trip up 75 (although didn't give a specific reason). When told by another poster that his school's AD could call to set up a home and home series with a GCL school, he scoffed at the idea. This discussion was a shot at how the GCL teams don't like to leave the confines of the 275 belt to play a game or better yet won't play in-state teams unless it is on their turf. No need to "give him respect for that."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-12, 07:17 AM
BlueBomber94 BlueBomber94 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-02-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,089
BlueBomber94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
Summary: The Greater Catholic League (South) Versus The Greater Western Ohio Conference (Central Division)
Date...............GWOC Team..............GCL Team....................Venue......................................Remarks
Nov 6, 1999.....Huber Heights Wayne....St Xavier...............Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 37-14 Wayne
Nov 13, 1999...Huber Heights Wayne....Elder.....................Welcome Stadium...........................Post Season – 24-10 Wayne
Nov 3, 2001....Clayton Northmont........St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field......................... Post Season – 41-6 St Xavier
Nov 2, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 35-34 Wayne
Nov 9, 2002....Huber Heights Wayne....Elder......................Paul Brown Stadium..............Post Season – 31-3 Elder
Nov 1, 2003....Huber Heights Wayne....Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 14-10 Moeller
Aug 27, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne...Elder......................Nippert Stadium.....Crosstown Showdown – 21-14 Elder
Sep 1, 2006.....Northmont...................LaSalle...................Lancer Stadium............Regular Season – 11-6 Northmont
Nov 5, 2005.....Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller...Roettger Memorial Stadium..............Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Nov 19, 2005...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Welcome Stadium....................Post Season – 28-21 Wayne
Aug 24, 2006...Huber Heights Wayne....St. Xavier...............Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 52-14 St Xavier
Nov 10, 2007...Centerville...................St. Xavier...............Paul Brown Stadium...............Post Season – 31-6 St Xavier
Sep 6, 2008.....Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller..Roettger Memorial Stadium...............Regular Season – 34-30 Moeller
Nov 1, 2008.....Centerville...................Elder......................Elder Stadium.....................Post Season – 52-27 Elder
Nov 8, 2008.....Clayton Northmont.......Elder.......................Nipper Stadium...................Post Season – 13-10 Elder
Sep 11, 2009...Centerville...................Archbishop Moeller...Centerville Stadium.........................Regular Season – 21-19 Moeller
Nov 7, 2009.....Centerville..................St. Xavier................Tom Ballaban Field...............Post Season – 37-12 St Xavier
Nov 7, 2009.....Huber Heights Wayne...Elder.......................Elder Stadium....................Post Season – 35-14 Elder
Aug 29, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...Archbishop Moeller... Tom Ballaban Field................Crosstown Showdown – 35-28 Moeller
Sep 10, 2010...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Northmont Stadium........................Regular Season – 51-14 Moeller
Nov 6, 2010.....Centerville..................Archbishop Moeller.....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Post Season – 27-17 Centerville
Nov 20, 2010...Huber Heights Wayne...St. Xavier.................Welcome Stadium..................Post Season – 28-24 Wayne
Aug 26, 2011...Centerville..................Elder......................Centerville Stadium.Crosstown Showdown – 33-14 Elder
Aug 27, 2011...Springfield..................St. Xavier.................Tom Ballaban Field...Crosstown Showdown – 30-7 St Xavier
Sep 10, 2011...Clayton Northmont.......Archbishop Moeller....Roettger Memorial Stadium............Regular Season – 63-12 Moeller
Aug 24, 2012...Centerville..................Elder........................Elder Stadium......Crosstown Showdown – 34-21 Elder
No. Years Covered by Study: 14
No. Teams in Study: 10
No. Games in Study: 26
No. Games Won by GCL: 17
No. Games Won by GWOC: 9
No. Games in GCL Stadiums: 15
No. Games in GWOC Stadiums: 3
No. Games in Cincinnati Neutral Stadiums: 4
No. Games in Dayton Neutral Stadiums: 4
Archbishop Moeller VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 3
Elder VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
LaSalle VS GWOC: Won 0 Lost 1
St. Xavier VS GWOC: Won 6 Lost 2
Beavercreek VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Centerville VS GCL: Won 2 Lost 6
Clayton Northmont VS GCL: Won 1 Lost 4
Huber Heights Wayne VS GCL: Won 6 Lost 6
Kettering Fairmont VS GCL: Won-0 Lost-0
Springfield VS GCL: Won 0 Lost 1

Sources: OHSAA, GWOC Statistics, GCL Statistics, Joe Eitel.Com
St. X went 15-0 in 2005 destroying Wayne 42-7 in the playoffs. So that's 18 wins by GCL and only 8 by GWOC.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-01-12, 07:50 AM
CincyHSFootballFan CincyHSFootballFan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-28-06
Posts: 1,703
CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
His attempt was to show that the Dayton area teams come down here to Cincy an awful lot compared to GCL teams traveling up there. He claimed in another thread that GCL teams refuse to make the trip up 75 (although didn't give a specific reason). When told by another poster that his school's AD could call to set up a home and home series with a GCL school, he scoffed at the idea. This discussion was a shot at how the GCL teams don't like to leave the confines of the 275 belt to play a game or better yet won't play in-state teams unless it is on their turf. No need to "give him respect for that."
This... If you followed the other thread where he vanished with no response to facts, then you know what this thread is really all about. He posted a ton of stats but the one he really made this whole thread about is the number of games at a GCL stadium.

In terms of Welcome stadium, the point termite is making is that Cincinnati teams would be willing to play playoff games in Dayton if there was a more accommodating stadium. The point he brought up is the case where St. X lobbied to move their game with Davidson from Welcome to Crew stadium in Columbus. This is St. X lobbying to move a game from a neutral location to Davidson's back yard, just because the venue is terrible at Welcome. That's the point. Cincinnati teams could care less about playing in a Dayton teams backyard, they just hate the terrible facility that is Welcome stadium. Why play at a terrible facility with a limited capacity, when you can play at Miami, UC or Paul Brown?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-01-12, 11:47 AM
THUNDER7 THUNDER7 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-11
Posts: 192
THUNDER7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsvoice View Post
When they played Wayne, we referred to that formation with Replogle at fullback as the "Rhino Back" play on the radio.
"Rhino Back" - like that call a lot! Very appropriate (less a front horn, of course)!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-01-12, 11:55 AM
THUNDER7 THUNDER7 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-11
Posts: 192
THUNDER7 is on a distinguished road
Just the facts, Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejoe83 View Post
I did a full review of this data...and what I see from this giant report from Warriorone is that the team that scored more than the other team, won.
MJ83 - I also did a review, my conclusion was similar to yours as well. I also noticed that the team that scored more points than the other had at least a 75% probability of getting a win. Can you verify your results.

Can you document that the Moeller Varsity Team has never truly lost a home game? The true home field being at 9001 Montgomery Road. Would you consider every Crusader game an "away" game? Any chance to play St X at "home" next year and give them only 5 tickets?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.