Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Old 10-29-12, 08:28 PM
All American

Streak is on a distinguished road
DIII game moved to Lake HS

the DIII game between Poland & Marlington
has been moved to Lake Blue Streak Stadium
Saturday at 7:00pm

Due to field conditions at MHS
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-12, 12:18 AM
All American

WARRIORS_94 is on a distinguished road
After this was announced, my friend and I went to Marlington's field. That was a good call for it to be moved. When we walked on the field we sank almost two inches in mud. It's supposed to rain all week so I would imagine a lot of schools who have grass will be evaluating the possible moves to turf.
Old 10-30-12, 09:32 AM
All Region

Flash1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORS_94 View Post
After this was announced, my friend and I went to Marlington's field. That was a good call for it to be moved. When we walked on the field we sank almost two inches in mud. It's supposed to rain all week so I would imagine a lot of schools who have grass will be evaluating the possible moves to turf.
Advantage Marlington
Old 10-30-12, 10:45 AM
All District

West Branch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash1 View Post
Advantage Marlington
I belive Poland has turf , how is this an advantage to Marlington?
Old 10-30-12, 11:23 AM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Branch View Post
I belive Poland has turf , how is this an advantage to Marlington?
If Thomas is 100% healthy it is an advantage for Marlington for Poland to try and contain him on a dry turf field.
Old 10-30-12, 11:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Foo is on a distinguished road
I am wondering if Marlington will get to practice at Lake all week or on another turf field all week?
Old 10-30-12, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Poland has played at Lake before so the coaching staff knows what the layout is. They just played there 2 years ago against Hoban. Won the game on a last second field goal by their kicker who played a trumpet solo in the halftime show. To Marlington Fans, Poland will be arriving in the same direction as you and will becoming down Market St from 619 to the Stadium. If you know the back ways like using State St or Market St from the south of the Stadium I would suggest you use that way. When both schools come in from 619 and only use Market St it bogs down to park all those cars.
Old 10-30-12, 04:58 PM
Varsity

steelmaker is on a distinguished road
I heard a rumor that Dymonte Thomas is injured and will not play in the playoffs? Is this true? If true its a shame because without Mooney in the mix it could be Marlington's Year?
Old 10-30-12, 06:02 PM
All World

Spencer
He played very little last week with the injury.So I think it will be a game time decision.
Old 10-30-12, 07:12 PM
Junior Varsity

stallvr4 is on a distinguished road
I was at the game last week and he moved fine. He will be that much better this week, and he is 100% going to play and tote the rock. And if he is at full speed which I think he will be, he is hell to stop on turf.

As for Marlington's practices this week, they will only be on the turf at Lake for a walk thru on Friday. They will be primarily practicing indoors all week, which I think hurts them. I wish either Lake or Mount Union would allow them to practice on their turf throughout the week.
Old 10-30-12, 07:15 PM
All American

Mogadore is using the field on Wednesday afternoon... get in line!
Old 10-30-12, 09:35 PM
All Yappi

bucksman is on a distinguished road
Playing a playoff soccer game on Saturday after a football game either Friday night or Saturday morning would certainly have cooked a grass field this past weekend.
Old 11-01-12, 11:37 PM
Varsity

dog2012 is on a distinguished road
Poland held Dymonte to 28 yards the 1st game and I believe he was 100% then. Poland has stopped the backs from Hubbard as well. Smith from Howland was kept in check for most of the game. He had a bunch of carries with most of his 150 coming on 3 plays. 2 draws and a 20 yard TD run at the end of the game. Poland is more worried about Dymonte playing defense. I say Poland wins as long they don't have a red zone turnover or a PI in the end zone on 3rd and 25.
Old 11-02-12, 12:57 AM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallvr4 View Post
I was at the game last week and he moved fine. He will be that much better this week, and he is 100% going to play and tote the rock. And if he is at full speed which I think he will be, he is hell to stop on turf.

As for Marlington's practices this week, they will only be on the turf at Lake for a walk thru on Friday. They will be primarily practicing indoors all week, which I think hurts them. I wish either Lake or Mount Union would allow them to practice on their turf throughout the week.
Louisville has an excellent turf field.
Old 11-02-12, 08:53 AM
All District

goblue02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Leps View Post
Louisville has an excellent turf field.
Its hard to believe we just completed year three in our new stadium and have yet to play a playoff game there.
Old 11-02-12, 09:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue02 View Post
Its hard to believe we just completed year three in our new stadium and have yet to play a playoff game there.
You have had one playoff game that I know of...Malvern played there either last year or two years ago. I want to say that there was another game but I could be wrong.
Old 11-02-12, 10:16 AM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallvr4 View Post

hard to believe that OHSAA would allow a walk thru for one and not the other on a neutral site...
Old 11-02-12, 12:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue02 View Post
I think the state might look at Parking as a big issue at Louisville. Its a shame to have such a nice stadium and no parking. that location is awful, to bad they couldnt have put it over at the high school, but i remember hearing something about the lease on the land, that it had to be there???
Old 11-02-12, 02:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecity View Post
hard to believe that OHSAA would allow a walk thru for one and not the other on a neutral site...
This game is not a neutral site. It is Marlington's home game. So if they don't move it they would practice on or around their field. The only reason this game is at Lake is that Marlington did the move. If they hadn't, they would be playing at their place tonight with the bad field conditions included.
Old 11-02-12, 04:52 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streak View Post
I think the state might look at Parking as a big issue at Louisville. Its a shame to have such a nice stadium and no parking. that location is awful, to bad they couldnt have put it over at the high school, but i remember hearing something about the lease on the land, that it had to be there???
the state has awarded playoff games to louisville, so the state is not the holdup.
marlington didn't ask louisville, they first tried mount, then lake. can only speculate as to why they asked lake instead.

as far as the parking, we hear this all the time. you do have to park in neighborhoods, but the distance isn't any further than some high school situations(west branch comes to mind). i remember the last time louisville played at lake fans had to ride a shuttle to the game, which is hardly ideal. and we in louisville love the location in the center of town, gives the stadium character...
Old 11-02-12, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend39 View Post
the state has awarded playoff games to louisville, so the state is not the holdup.
marlington didn't ask louisville, they first tried mount, then lake. can only speculate as to why they asked lake instead.

as far as the parking, we hear this all the time. you do have to park in neighborhoods, but the distance isn't any further than some high school situations(west branch comes to mind). i remember the last time louisville played at lake fans had to ride a shuttle to the game, which is hardly ideal. and we in louisville love the location in the center of town, gives the stadium character...
Dont get me wrong..Louisville has a great stadium!...as far as the Shuttle at Lake ..its a service provided...its not a mandatory thing. for some that live north of 619 it is pretty easy. and they only use it for larger games. As for the game Marlington might be a little closer to Lake?? or they just didn't want to as a rival? haha
Old 11-02-12, 10:55 PM
All World

shortcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streak View Post
They may not have put in a bid to host a game?