Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Old 10-29-12, 01:35 PM
All American

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Division 2 Region 5 Quarterfinal: Howland (8-2) @ Chardon (8-2)

Howland travels to Chardon in a R5 first round game.

Don't know really anything about Chardon. How is the stadium, turf or grass, history, last playoff apperance etc?

Howland is in the playoffs for the 5th straight season. Last year they came up short in week 11 to Kent Roosevelt.

I did get to see Chardon a little on tv in their game against South and they were competitive for a half but Kareem Hunt took over. Now Chardon will be going up against arguably a better back in Deveon Smith.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-12, 01:55 PM
All District

stinkin is on a distinguished road
The AAC has done well against PAC teams for some time from Niles beating Madison in the playoffs 10 yrs ago to Howland beating Madison in the playoffs 2 times. Lakeview also beat a much bigger Madison team this year while Howland has handled Lakeside like everyone else for some time.

Chardon is a turf field and are a primarily running team. From reading the Plain Dealer a few months back they were in a rebuilding mode but must have done better just like Howland has with young talent this year. Chardon has a rich playoff history but havent been in since 2006.

Hope these young smaller Howland Tigers can go up and get a win. Deveon might be too much for Chardon to handle. The Chardon win over Madison 7-0 tells me Howland has a real shot to win since Lakeview who is much smaller div 4 than Chardon beat them too. Howland beat Lakeview with 7 starters out.
Old 10-30-12, 11:06 PM
Junior Varsity

NEOBuckeye is on a distinguished road
I think Howland wins this one as well. Smith is going to be very hard for Chardon to stop.
Old 10-30-12, 11:07 PM
All American

Fantastic 50 has Howland by 1 point 52% so this should be a good one! I think having a playmaker like Deveon will just be too much.
Old 10-31-12, 05:22 PM
All District

petecaster is on a distinguished road
Howland will need to stop the Wing T. When it is working, it is hard to stop 3-4 yards a play after play after play.
Old 10-31-12, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Has warren howland ever played chardon?.
Old 10-31-12, 07:12 PM
All Region

joeyb77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Has warren howland ever played chardon?.
Not that I can remember and Ive lived in Chardon most of my life. Thats a good question. Its very tough for a team thats never played Chardon to prepare. They dont run the same wing-t they used to. Its now a variation of it ran out of a spread formation to stretch the field. You cant compare common scores and opponents. Madison, Riverside, South, and Kenston have all been playing Chardon for years so they are familiar with the offense. A team thats never seen it can have a very long day trying to stop it.
Old 10-31-12, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

kent16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb77 View Post
Not that I can remember and Ive lived in Chardon most of my life. Thats a good question. Its very tough for a team thats never played Chardon to prepare. They dont run the same wing-t they used to. Its now a variation of it ran out of a spread formation to stretch the field.
I saw them against South and felt like that running it under center would be much more effective. Kent played them a couple of years ago in the playoffs and couldn't stop Chardon at all running the wing-t under center. Any clue why they switched to running it out of spread formation? Personally I feel like the wing-t is much easier to read who has the ball ran from pistol
Old 10-31-12, 07:30 PM
All Region

joeyb77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent16 View Post
I saw them against South and felt like that running it under center would be much more effective. Kent played them a couple of years ago in the playoffs and couldn't stop Chardon at all running the wing-t under center. Any clue why they switched to running it out of spread formation? Personally I feel like the wing-t is much easier to read who has the ball ran from pistol
I cant say for certain. But a lot of teams that were familiar with it would stack the box. Spreading it out and throwing 10-15 passes a game doesnt allow a defense to do that quite as much. I agree its a lot harder to see who has the ball if its more bunched up. But its not the same hide the ball offense it used to be. This variation requires more speed and they have more speed than the teams of the past did.
Old 11-02-12, 09:47 PM
All District

petecaster is on a distinguished road
Chardon Rolls 42-16

Holland could not stop the Hilltoppers Wing-t. Deveon Smith Got some yards but the game was allready decided. Chardon plays a team offense that when it is working is hard to stop. As for the Defense, the score says it all.
Old 11-02-12, 09:52 PM
Go Black and Gold!

BlackandGold is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Congrats, Hilltoppers! Way to rep the PAC!
Old 11-02-12, 09:57 PM
All Region

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
I'm not surprised with the outcome. Howland has once again fooled everyone into thinking they are a legitimate D-II team. They are not. No amout of fraud schedules playing local D-IV teams, inner city Cleveland or hockey teams from Canada trying to pass themsleves off as a football team can hide the fact that they manipulate their schedule every year to play no one and get to the playoffs where real D-II teams wait. Dickie Boy has to really cut down the schedule next year with Smith leaving, lol.

Pardon me while I roll on the floor laughing. Happens every year at this time of the season.
Old 11-02-12, 09:57 PM
All District

BlueStreak99 is on a distinguished road
Great job toppers!!!
Old 11-03-12, 01:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
I'm not surprised with the outcome. Howland has once again fooled everyone into thinking they are a legitimate D-II team. They are not. No amout of fraud schedules playing local D-IV teams, inner city Cleveland or hockey teams from Canada trying to pass themsleves off as a football team can hide the fact that they manipulate their schedule every year to play no one and get to the playoffs where real D-II teams wait. Dickie Boy has to really cut down the schedule next year with Smith leaving, lol.

Pardon me while I roll on the floor laughing. Happens every year at this time of the season.
Funny just like Harding's program was so far down hill? 9-1 and in the playoffs and your knowhere to be seen on here than pop up when a not that strong Howland team loses. No one was claiming them to be world beaters this year and a lot were surprised Howland even won 8 games.