Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 10-31-12, 01:30 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Division VI Poll (Final)

1 Mogadore (Mogadore) (10-0) [86] (4)
2 Ada (Ada) (9-1) [84] (2)
3 McComb (McComb) (10-0) [83] (5)
4 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (8-2) [79] (1)
5 Minster (Minster) (8-2) [44] (1)
6 Newark Catholic (Newark) (8-2) [40]
7 St Henry (St Henry) (7-3) [34]
8 St Johns (Delphos) (6-4) [30]
9 Malvern (Malvern) (9-1) [28]
10 Shadyside (Shadyside) (10-0) [24]

Others - Danville (Danville) (9-1), Leipsic (Leipsic) (8-2), St Joseph Central Catholic (Fremont) (9-1), Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) (8-2), Colonel Crawford (North Robinson) (8-2)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-12, 04:29 PM
All American

CToWN is on a distinguished road
I'll take Marion Local, DSJ, St. Henry or Minster over Mogadore.
Old 10-31-12, 09:26 PM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CToWN View Post
I'll take Marion Local, DSJ, St. Henry or Minster over Mogadore.
I'm from Mogadore, and I would put all those schools ahead of Mogadore in a paper poll, untill Mogadore beats a MAC school on the field.
Old 11-01-12, 07:36 AM
All Region

Flash1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
I'm from Mogadore, and I would put all those schools ahead of Mogadore in a paper poll, untill Mogadore beats a MAC school on the field.
This is the year!
Old 11-01-12, 09:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash1 View Post
This is the year!
I hope so! But, I have a feeling this is one of the rare years you may not see a MAC team in the State Championship game and maybe not even the Final Four. I have seen McComb play, and I think they are the best non-MAC Division6 team I have seen since the NSP team that won the championship a few years back. And Ada is cabable of running the Region 24 gauntlet (although not going to be easy). My Final Four are picks McComb, Ada, Newark Catholic, and Mogadore. Even if ADA doesn't make it out of 24, I like McComb against any team in Region 24 this year. McComb versus Mogadore is a very possible championship game matchup. But, Mogadore will be challenged even to make it out of Region 21 this year. Malvern, Shayside, YCS, and JFK are all very good teams.
Old 11-01-12, 12:39 PM
All Region

rjewards is on a distinguished road
M.A.C. Smack Down Coming D6 Way, its a pick em thing...
Old 11-01-12, 12:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
M.A.C. Smack Down Coming D6 Way, its a pick em thing...
Like I said I will take McComb over any MAC team in division 6 this year, and most likely only this year.
Old 11-01-12, 01:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Like I said I will take McComb over any MAC team in division 6 this year, and most likely only this year.
at least we get to see it played out on the field
Old 11-01-12, 01:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
at least we get to see it played out on the field
Absolutely. I think a McComb vs. DSJ regional final game is one heck of a potential matchup.
Old 11-01-12, 02:11 PM
All American

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I think Mogadore deserved the poll title. They finished undefeated and played a tough schedule. Do I think they are the best D6 team? No but they deserved the paper title
Old 11-01-12, 04:38 PM
All District

audiciter
Quote:
I hope so! But, I have a feeling this is one of the rare years you may not see a MAC team in the State Championship game and maybe not even the Final Four. I have seen McComb play, and I think they are the best non-MAC Division6 team I have seen since the NSP team that won the championship a few years back. And Ada is cabable of running the Region 24 gauntlet (although not going to be easy). My Final Four are picks McComb, Ada, Newark Catholic, and Mogadore. Even if ADA doesn't make it out of 24, I like McComb against any team in Region 24 this year. McComb versus Mogadore is a very possible championship game matchup. But, Mogadore will be challenged even to make it out of Region 21 this year. Malvern, Shayside, YCS, and JFK are all very good teams.
If you're that sold on McComb then you should be just as sold on Leipsic. McComb beat Leipsic 20-19 in week 10. Leipsic only lost by a TD to Delphos SJ last year. McComb might very well be the non-MAC team to get the job done but I have a feeling Leipsic and Ada are other teams that might be worthy of that title. Ada obviously has it rougher needing to beat 2 of 3 from the MAC in 24.
Old 11-01-12, 04:47 PM
All Ohio

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mogadore has beat a MAC school on the field...its just been 16 years...holy crap I'm old...
Old 11-01-12, 09:24 PM
All Region

Flash1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Mogadore has beat a MAC school on the field...its just been 16 years...holy crap I'm old...
Hopefully this year will bring back some good memories.
Old 11-02-12, 06:06 AM
All American

Quote:
LOL, I meant since the turn of the century. I dont even know if some of these kids were born yet.
Old 11-02-12, 06:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiciter View Post
If you're that sold on McComb then you should be just as sold on Leipsic. McComb beat Leipsic 20-19 in week 10. Leipsic only lost by a TD to Delphos SJ last year. McComb might very well be the non-MAC team to get the job done but I have a feeling Leipsic and Ada are other teams that might be worthy of that title. Ada obviously has it rougher needing to beat 2 of 3 from the MAC in 24.
I have a ton of respect for Leipsic and Ada. They are both superb teams. I'm just not putting any stock in any of the scores from around the state from last friday due to the awful weather conditions. Bad weather is the great equalizer of the scoreboard. Best team still usually wins, but the scores are almost always alot closer than they should be. Trust me though I'm taking anything away from Leipsic, I think they are a tough team, and will give DSJ all they want and more, I just think that McComb is more explosive offensively.
Old 11-02-12, 06:15 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I think Mogadore deserved the poll title. They finished undefeated and played a tough schedule. Do I think they are the best D6 team? No but they deserved the paper title
I was refering to the poll on this website, I too think they deserved the AP title. The AP title usually goes to the most respected undefeated program, and Mogadore definately was that this year. Although I think McComb deserves alot of recognition as well.
Old 11-02-12, 07:05 AM
All Ohio

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL, I meant since the turn of the century. I dont even know if some of these kids were born yet.
I just might have to walk 2 houses down and talk to you about respecting your elders...or something like that

Thanks for making me feel old once again.

Hey, it was 17 years between the first two state titles for Mogadore (1979 and 1996), lets get it done in 10 years this time.
Old 11-02-12, 07:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Absolutely. I think a McComb vs. DSJ regional final game is one heck of a potential matchup.
IF mccomb and or mogadore and or anyone else get past any of the mac schools they will have earned this D6 title
Old 11-02-12, 12:14 PM
All American

Quote:
I just might have to walk 2 houses down and talk to you about respecting your elders...or something like that

Thanks for making me feel old once again.

Hey, it was 17 years between the first two state titles for Mogadore (1979 and 1996), lets get it done in 10 years this time.
Hey man you aren't that much older than me, and If I get any more grey hairs I'm going to start to look like I played in the '79 game, lol.