Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 10-31-12, 01:30 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28,463
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Division V Poll (Final)


1 Coldwater (Coldwater) (10-0) [79] (4)
2 Kirtland (Kirtland) (10-0) [76] (3)
3 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (10-0) [68] (1)
4 Covington (Covington) (10-0) [51] (2)
5 Crestview (Columbiana) (10-0) [39]
6 Ursuline (Youngstown) (6-4) [34]
7 Summit Country Day (Cincinnati) (10-0) [28] (1)
8 Northwood (Northwood) (10-0) [26]
9 West Liberty-Salem (West Liberty) (10-0) [23]
10 Garaway (Sugarcreek) (10-0) [22]

Others - Liberty-Benton (Findlay) (9-1), Dayton Christian (Miamisburg) (10-0), Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (8-2), St Thomas Aquinas (Louisville) (9-1), Patrick Henry (Hamler) (8-2)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-31-12, 01:38 PM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 8,407
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Ursuline 6th brings the lolz.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-12, 03:16 PM
neirish neirish is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-29-03
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 1,185
neirish is on a distinguished road
If they do what they are capable of doing by winning state... That will be a great sight to see.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-12, 04:28 PM
CToWN CToWN is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,183
CToWN is on a distinguished road
Ursuline is at-worst the second best team in the division. I voted them #1.

What I find more laughable is the fact that two people gave Covington first-place votes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-12, 12:50 PM
rjewards rjewards is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-15-10
Location: RoCkPoRt
Posts: 335
rjewards is on a distinguished road
coldwater vs da U in the finalz and a triple overtime thrilla
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-12, 12:51 PM
rjewards rjewards is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-15-10
Location: RoCkPoRt
Posts: 335
rjewards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CToWN View Post
Ursuline is at-worst the second best team in the division. I voted them #1.

What I find more laughable is the fact that two people gave Covington first-place votes.
ba ha ha and i agree, wake up d5 ohio
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-12, 07:03 PM
swormofbuccs swormofbuccs is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-26-10
Posts: 285
swormofbuccs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
Ursuline 6th brings the lolz.
Ursiline in D5 makes me laugh. If your going to recruit D1 players and play D1,D2,and D3 schools, than jump up to a bigger division. I hope Kirtland destroys Ursiline. I am sick of hearing how great they are.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-12, 07:06 PM
swormofbuccs swormofbuccs is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-26-10
Posts: 285
swormofbuccs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CToWN View Post
Ursuline is at-worst the second best team in the division. I voted them #1.

What I find more laughable is the fact that two people gave Covington first-place votes.
Its an opinion poll, take it for what its worth. I voted for Kirtland seeing as they are the defending champs and spanked Coldwater last year. So until they get beat, they are number 1 in my opinion. As for Covington, I hope they make it to the R20 finals and maybe get another shot at Coldwater. One game at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-12, 07:18 PM
neirish neirish is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-29-03
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 1,185
neirish is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swormofbuccs View Post
Ursiline in D5 makes me laugh. If your going to recruit D1 players and play D1,D2,and D3 schools, than jump up to a bigger division. I hope Kirtland destroys Ursiline. I am sick of hearing how great they are.
Who have we recruited to Ursuline. I am dying to know.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-12, 08:15 PM
swormofbuccs swormofbuccs is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-26-10
Posts: 285
swormofbuccs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by neirish View Post
Who have we recruited to Ursuline. I am dying to know.
Youngstown is a little bigger than the average D5 town.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-01-12, 09:06 PM
Ursuline Ursuline is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-01
Posts: 706
Ursuline
Quote:
Originally Posted by swormofbuccs View Post
Youngstown is a little bigger than the average D5 town.
Oh, there must be only one school in Youngstown.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-02-12, 01:41 AM
DVChamp2011 DVChamp2011 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-01-12
Posts: 62
DVChamp2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursuline View Post
Oh, there must be only one school in Youngstown.
I'm sick of you. You guys recruit. Nuff said. Simple as that. End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-02-12, 01:49 AM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 3,611
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVChamp2011 View Post
I'm sick of you. You guys recruit. Nuff said. Simple as that. End of story.
Who have they recruited?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-02-12, 07:31 AM
rjewards rjewards is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-15-10
Location: RoCkPoRt
Posts: 335
rjewards is on a distinguished road
Who? Who cares? Beat the best to be the best...good luck to all but my 2 cents says its coldwater vs ursuline in the finals!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-02-12, 09:40 AM
CARDINAL CARDINAL is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-19-04
Posts: 1,966
CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swormofbuccs View Post
As for Covington, I hope they make it to the R20 finals and maybe get another shot at Coldwater. One game at a time.
This joker comes on here at the end of the year annually, touts his over-rated team, and complains about Private Schools half a state away

He knows nothing, and his team plays a bunch of underachieving D5 and D6 teams

pretty much 1 and done annually

As far as getting another shot at Coldwater, be careful what you wish for. They opened a can of woop- on you last year, and from everything I hear, Coldwater's much better this year

Enjoy your 1 week in the sunshine dude. You'll be gone by Monday as usual
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-02-12, 11:05 AM
m14brian m14brian is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-24-10
Posts: 515
m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swormofbuccs View Post
Ursiline in D5 makes me laugh. If your going to recruit D1 players and play D1,D2,and D3 schools, than jump up to a bigger division. I hope Kirtland destroys Ursiline. I am sick of hearing how great they are.
If you live in Youngstown and you are a good football player, it is a no brainer you will want to goto Mooney or Ursuline. What are you going to attend east? Lol no way.
By the way.. This all starts in grade school in ytown. You get a state voucher and send your kid to one of the catholic grade school and usually keep them there through HS.
It is no secret, it it called terrible city schools

It is all based on enrollment, as we all know. Mooney is d3, Ursuline d5. I don't know ursuline's enrollment but I would assume they are on the high side of d5.
IMHO Ursuline should be at least d4. They would have no problems wining d4.

But again divisions are based on facts ie enrollment not opinions.

It is what it is... You have to deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-02-12, 11:15 AM
Ursuline Ursuline is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-01
Posts: 706
Ursuline
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
If you live in Youngstown and you are a good football player, it is a no brainer you will want to goto Mooney or Ursuline. What are you going to attend east? Lol no way.
By the way.. This all starts in grade school in ytown. You get a state voucher and send your kid to one of the catholic grade school and usually keep them there through HS.
It is no secret, it it called terrible city schools

It is all based on enrollment, as we all know. Mooney is d3, Ursuline d5. I don't know ursuline's enrollment but I would assume they are on the high side of d5.
IMHO Ursuline should be at least d4. They would have no problems wining d4.

But again divisions are based on facts ie enrollment not opinions.

It is what it is... You have to deal with it.
Ursuline has a very big freshman class this year, next year we will move up into the equivalent of this year's Div IV with the new system.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-12, 11:16 AM
Ursuline Ursuline is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-01
Posts: 706
Ursuline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVChamp2011 View Post
I'm sick of you. You guys recruit. Nuff said. Simple as that. End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-02-12, 11:16 AM
CToWN CToWN is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-30-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,183
CToWN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swormofbuccs View Post
Its an opinion poll, take it for what its worth. I voted for Kirtland seeing as they are the defending champs and spanked Coldwater last year. So until they get beat, they are number 1 in my opinion. As for Covington, I hope they make it to the R20 finals and maybe get another shot at Coldwater. One game at a time.

It is an opinion poll. My opinion is that anyone either drunk or high enough to vote Covington #1 isn't on here voting....they're mowing down some Doritos Locos Tacos.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-12, 01:35 PM
Bigbuccfan Bigbuccfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-18-06
Posts: 615
Bigbuccfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CToWN View Post
It is an opinion poll. My opinion is that anyone either drunk or high enough to vote Covington #1 isn't on here voting....they're mowing down some Doritos Locos Tacos.
LOL!!! You are very right. And I'm a Covington fan.

IMO

1. Kirtland (they're the state champs and went 10-0)
2. Coldwater
3. LCC
4. Covington
5. West Liberty Salem
6. Ursuline (not in playoff contention last season and lost 4 games this season - have the chance to prove they're #1)
7. Crestview
8. Northwood
9. Garway
10. Liberty Benton
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-03-12, 11:55 AM
louisvilleluvssta louisvilleluvssta is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-09
Posts: 467
louisvilleluvssta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
If you live in Youngstown and you are a good football player, it is a no brainer you will want to goto Mooney or Ursuline. What are you going to attend east? Lol no way.
By the way.. This all starts in grade school in ytown. You get a state voucher and send your kid to one of the catholic grade school and usually keep them there through HS.
It is no secret, it it called terrible city schools

It is all based on enrollment, as we all know. Mooney is d3, Ursuline d5. I don't know ursuline's enrollment but I would assume they are on the high side of d5.
IMHO Ursuline should be at least d4. They would have no problems wining d4.

But again divisions are based on facts ie enrollment not opinions.

It is what it is... You have to deal with it.
A little bit of a contradiction in your post. You first say if you're a good football player you will go to mooney or Ursuline. Then you say it starts in grade school. So which is it? I don't care who you are there's no way to predict in 1st 2nd or 3rd grade who is going to be a good football player.

Then you go on to say they want to go to these schools because the city schools are terrible. So which is it? Because they have good football teams or because they have good academics? IMO the people who think catholic schools have the advantage the best thing they can do is to work to improve their local public schools so the parents want to send their kids there.

Of course you can use Aquinas as a school who has done very well with the small enrollment that they have. no one would say boys go to Aquinas for the football program. The schools our kids would go to if they went to their home schools are northcanton Hoover, McKinley, Louisville, Marlington, Glenoak and Alliance. Not only are the local public schools known for solid football programs most of them do very well academically as well. Although we are sad that so many of our catholic parishioners choose to leave the parochial system after 5th grade, mostly for sports at the public schools, it's not sadness for our sports programs. It's all of the intangibles that they are missing out on. With sports teams,You work with what you have and get the best out of each person on the team.

This is a very very competitive region and no doubt whoever wins this region will more than likely play in the championship game. I don't see any team as having it locked up though.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-17-12, 10:59 PM
rolaids13 rolaids13 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-03-11
Posts: 94
rolaids13 is on a distinguished road
Kirtland Hornets

We beat Ursuline 38-37, apparently they took it easy on us after half time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.