Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 10-29-12, 08:36 PM
Freshman

Bjhon1435 is on a distinguished road
GlenOak Girls Basketball and The Coaching Staff

What does everyone think about GlenOak Girls Basketball and the coaching staff?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-12, 10:36 AM
All Region

thebigguy
Coaching seems to be fine, the talent is kind of questionable.
Old 10-30-12, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Lol... you would be the one to say that. You best watch out for that talent this year, or (if the coaching is what you say it is), GlenOak could easily upset one of the 'big 3'.
Old 10-30-12, 05:12 PM
All Ohio

thewho is on a distinguished road
Curious to the poster why this thread was even started?

Also, I addressed a game (and yes, I only attend 1 GAME) last year. I thought they had talent, but the noise I heard in the stands was a reflection on the floor. I didn't like the comments made, and the critism of the coaching staff. When kids go home and hear that, their perception changes. Again.. people can think as they wish,parental involvement and support is needed. Period!
Old 10-30-12, 10:53 PM
All Region

thebigguy
MCGal, Based off what they have shown the last couple of years on the court including JV teams I doubt I am to far off base on my statement. Hope they are a little better than they have been the last few years. It would sure make the league a lot better.
Old 11-01-12, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
The JV team doesn't mean a lot when your varsity has a slew of young players. I'm not saying they're going to be world-beaters, just saying they'll be more competitive than you think... and I agree, I think we're all for a better/more competitive league
Old 11-05-12, 09:48 AM
All Ohio

ernie eagle is on a distinguished road
Go

GlenOak girls basketball team will be even better this year, they are working hard, attitudes are great, coaches are putting in a lot of time, You will see a big difference.
Old 11-08-12, 11:39 PM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
anyone going to the GlenOak scrimmage this saturday?
Old 11-09-12, 09:59 AM
Junior Varsity

lion13 is on a distinguished road
Coach Ross and Athletic Director Scott Garcia sat across from me and my wife at a meeting and told us they no longer wanted my 11 year old daughter to play on any Plain Local team because I am coaching at a private school and she will end up playing under me. It didn't matter that my daughter is a 6th grade student at Glenwood.
Old 11-09-12, 11:13 AM
All Region

Buckeye80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion13 View Post
Coach Ross and Athletic Director Scott Garcia sat across from me and my wife at a meeting and told us they no longer wanted my 11 year old daughter to play on any Plain Local team because I am coaching at a private school and she will end up playing under me. It didn't matter that my daughter is a 6th grade student at Glenwood.
When you said that they "no longer wanted" did that mean they were banning her from playing on any Plain Local team? Since you are evidently a tax payer in the Plain Local district I don't see how they could ban her from an district sponsored activity. Sounds like a lawsuit to me......
Old 11-09-12, 11:20 AM
All District

OldMacDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye80 View Post
When you said that they "no longer wanted" did that mean they were banning her from playing on any Plain Local team? Since you are evidently a tax payer in the Plain Local district I don't see how they could ban her from an district sponsored activity. Sounds like a lawsuit to me......
Thats a great answer to the problem, sue the league. Maybe you can get the whole thing shut down. Im sure that will keep your daughter and family in Glenoak's good graces.
Old 11-09-12, 11:35 AM
All American

bluepride171
Send a message via AIM to bluepride171
Thats heartbreaking especially for the 11 year old
Old 11-09-12, 12:28 PM
All Region

Buckeye80
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMacDonald View Post
Thats a great answer to the problem, sue the league. Maybe you can get the whole thing shut down. Im sure that will keep your daughter and family in Glenoak's good graces.
What "league" are you referring to?
Assuming that the story that was posted was accurate do you think it was OK for the coach and AD to do what they did?
How would you resolve this issue?
Old 11-09-12, 12:41 PM
All Region

thebigguy
Lawsuit, Lawsuit, Lawsuit.

It surprises me that Garcia would get involved with this, He and his football cronies have a reputation or have rumors floating all over the place about them recruiting for his sport. To say that a 6th grader cannot play a sport in the school system is the epitome of stupidity. Is this 6th grader expected to be a super star or something. Let the kid play she is probably only about 12 or 13 years old.
Old 11-09-12, 07:30 PM
Freshman

mqblbgina is on a distinguished road
GlenOak

I can not believe you would get on here and talk trash about coaches when you your self are a coach. Lies lies lies. This is your third child to leave Plain Local School because you think everyone is out to get you. You Coached at the High School and still were not happy with your daughters playing time. Now you post crap on here that your child isn't aloud to play. One, this NOT a Plain Local Team that is being paid for with your taxes it's an AAU Leauge that you try out for and pay for out of your pocket. How many times have you aloud your children to walk off the court and just quit on her team. Quit blaming others for actions. You chose to pull her out and put her at a school where your wife will be coaching and you will be her High School Coach but you are still not happy. And when you posted this you your self should have been behind your desk teaching students instead of trashing GlenOaks program.
Old 11-09-12, 10:00 PM
All Region

Buckeye80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqblbgina View Post
I can not believe you would get on here and talk trash about coaches when you your self are a coach. Lies lies lies. This is your third child to leave Plain Local School because you think everyone is out to get you. You Coached at the High School and still were not happy with your daughters playing time. Now you post crap on here that your child isn't aloud to play. One, this NOT a Plain Local Team that is being paid for with your taxes it's an AAU Leauge that you try out for and pay for out of your pocket. How many times have you aloud your children to walk off the court and just quit on her team. Quit blaming others for actions. You chose to pull her out and put her at a school where your wife will be coaching and you will be her High School Coach but you are still not happy. And when you posted this you your self should have been behind your desk teaching students instead of trashing GlenOaks program.
Ahhh, the plot thickens...

(oh and by the way, it's "allowed" not "aloud")
Old 11-10-12, 02:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye80 View Post
Ahhh, the plot thickens...

(oh and by the way, it's "allowed" not "aloud")
My view on this recent discussion, despite what history this person has with the program, if the meeting took place between this person, Garcia, and coach, I will say this in one word-----PATHETIC!!!!!!!

If an AD and head varsity coach is meeting with a parent of an 11 year old, that is just plain nuts. If this story is true, you are a tax payer, take your kid as you wish. I would stay away from the whole law suit thing.

And as for the one post about Garcia and recruiting. HE BETTER DO A BETTER JOB!!!! I went to the playoff game that they got drilled, I was at the playoff game where they got upset last year vs. Wadsworth. He has gotten some of the best players from Hoover, McK., Lake, and coaches in the biggest school district in Stark County. Coach Garcia, stop waisting your time on 11 year olds, and focus on winning with more talent then anyone.

And for the coach, as it starts with her to get to the point the AD is involved, really... do you need to spend alot of focus on an 11 year old. Come on.... she is in our district now, maybe this works out and maybe she some day plays for you, or maybe it don't work out. At the end of the day, she is 11 year old, RELAX!!!
Old 11-10-12, 02:58 PM
Freshman

mqblbgina is on a distinguished road
11 years old

You do realize the parents asked for this meeting with the Coach and Garcia. The parents chose to pull their 11 year old from the program and were at no time told she could not play. And thank you for the spelling correction I will try to be more careful.
Old 11-10-12, 04:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You do realize the parents asked for this meeting with the Coach and Garcia. The parents chose to pull their 11 year old from the program and were at no time told she could not play. And thank you for the spelling correction I will try to be more careful.
Parents called because GO would not let the kid play?? Why would they not let the kid play when they attended Glenwood??
Old 11-10-12, 05:06 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
thewho, I believe her point was it's not the community team, this is a specially selected "all-star"/tournament team.
Old 11-10-12, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
thewho, I believe her point was it's not the community team, this is a specially selected "all-star"/tournament team.
OK. I see what your saying. Thanks
Old 11-11-12, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

y2h
Send a message via AIM to y2h
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigguy View Post
Lawsuit, Lawsuit, Lawsuit.

It surprises me that Garcia would get involved with this, He and his football cronies have a reputation or have rumors floating all over the place about them recruiting for his sport. To say that a 6th grader cannot play a sport in the school system is the epitome of stupidity. Is this 6th grader expected to be a super star or something. Let the kid play she is probably only about 12 or 13 years old.
That was my first thought....the hypocrisy of kicking someone out of a Glenoak program because she may end up somewhere else while he brings in kids from all over for his football program ....he's more of an idiot than I thought.
Old 11-11-12, 04:24 PM
Freshman

kentboy23 is on a distinguished road
Ignorant

Quote:

Maybe you should worry more about answering the question instead of fighting like a 12 year old on Facebook.
Old 11-15-12, 02:46 PM
All Ohio

Mudcat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Was there a question? Sounds like someone posted a load of bull and got called out on it.