Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-12, 11:58 AM
4040 4040 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-13-04
Location: Island of Misfit toys
Posts: 282
4040
Will Week 1 cost Akron Ellet

Ellet currently sits in 6th place for the playoffs, however they play 1-8 North this week, Will that week one forfeit end up costing them a playoff spot. They lost 5.5 Level one points and 5.5 Level Two points. Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-25-12, 12:39 PM
dexksim dexksim is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-15-05
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,125
dexksim
I hope it doesn't. It would be really nice to see Ellet in the playoffs. I hope they make it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-12, 12:52 PM
Thurgood75 Thurgood75 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-27-10
Posts: 438
Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Yea i would have to agree with you dex it would be a good thing to see somebody represent the city series in the playoffs. Best of luck to the Orangemen
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-12, 01:08 PM
BigWorm BigWorm is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-12
Posts: 1,868
BigWorm is on a distinguished road
I think they will be ok...they need one of three teams to lose...All three of those teams have a tough game.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-12, 01:14 PM
fantastic50 fantastic50 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-02-09
Posts: 164
fantastic50 is on a distinguished road
Agreed ... if Ellet wins and any of Kenston, Warren Howland, or Madison loses, then they're almost certainly in. If everybody wins, then Ellet still has a slight (13%) chance of beating out Madison, based on L2 points.

If Ellet gets upset, it wouldn't matter if Madison loses, and probably not if Howland loses (and Madison wins). If Ellet and Kenston lose and the other two win, then Kenston probably gets the #8 spot, but it's not a sure thing, as Ellet could get enough help to take it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-12, 02:42 PM
dexksim dexksim is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-15-05
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,125
dexksim
If Ellet somehow does not make it in, it won't be for lack of opportunities. They had one against Tallmadge. If they would've beat them, they'd for sure be in, regardless of the Springfield game
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-12, 04:30 PM
North Viking North Viking is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Greater Akron
Posts: 9,055
North Viking is on a distinguished road
I don't think the Springfield game will cost them. IMHO, Kenston loses for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-12, 06:18 PM
stinkin stinkin is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-19-11
Location: Howland Township
Posts: 187
stinkin is on a distinguished road
Being a Howland fan i feel Howland will beat Struthers. Going to be tougher than usual though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-12, 06:44 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: CC golf, 2014 DII champs
Posts: 14,975
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Springfield only would be giving Ellet 4.5 L2s for its win over Canton CC. Ellet's current situation would be no different with the win over Ellet. They'd still be sitting 6th, and their max out number (assuming a week 10 loss by Springfield) would still be lower than those of Howland, Kenston, and Madison. We won't know if the forfeit ultimately costs the Orangemen a playoff spot until the end of the weekend.

My feeling is that Kenston will lose to Aurora, and that'll be Ellet's way in. Madison could also lose to Riverside, but that's less likely to me than Kenston beating Aurora. Aurora still has too much to play for themselves to let that game get away too easily. I think Howland will beat Struthers, so Ellet is looking at a 7th or 8th seed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-12, 09:22 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 9,681
tallmadge H2 dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexksim View Post
If Ellet somehow does not make it in, it won't be for lack of opportunities. They had one against Tallmadge. If they would've beat them, they'd for sure be in, regardless of the Springfield game
They did? When...before the game started? No offense, but they really didn't have a missed opportunity against Tallmadge. A missed opportunity would be the Springfield game, a game they SHOULD win, DID win, then forfeited.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-25-12, 09:23 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 9,681
tallmadge H2 dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
FWIW, Springfield only would be giving Ellet 4.5 L2s for its win over Canton CC. Ellet's current situation would be no different with the win over Ellet. They'd still be sitting 6th, and their max out number (assuming a week 10 loss by Springfield) would still be lower than those of Howland, Kenston, and Madison. We won't know if the forfeit ultimately costs the Orangemen a playoff spot until the end of the weekend.

My feeling is that Kenston will lose to Aurora, and that'll be Ellet's way in. Madison could also lose to Riverside, but that's less likely to me than Kenston beating Aurora. Aurora still has too much to play for themselves to let that game get away too easily. I think Howland will beat Struthers, so Ellet is looking at a 7th or 8th seed.
Aurora is VERY beat up right now. I would not be surprised to see Kenston beat Aurora.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-25-12, 10:41 PM
Crowd Pleaser Crowd Pleaser is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-02-04
Posts: 215
Crowd Pleaser
First things first, any score on the Ellet/ North game? Former staff from Ellet, now at North could make this game interesting. Not sure why they played this game Today?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-26-12, 01:09 AM
dexksim dexksim is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-15-05
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,125
dexksim
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
They did? When...before the game started? No offense, but they really didn't have a missed opportunity against Tallmadge. A missed opportunity would be the Springfield game, a game they SHOULD win, DID win, then forfeited.
That's what I meant, "before the game started." IF Ellet had beaten Tallmadge, they'd be in a better position regarding the playoffs. I'm only talking about the opportunity to play
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-26-12, 01:11 AM
dexksim dexksim is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-15-05
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,125
dexksim
Speaking of Ellet, they were scheduled to play North tonight, but I can't find a result anywhere. Does anyone know if they played tonight or not? What's the deal?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-26-12, 05:26 AM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 3,400
FirestoneFan
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Ellet 48 North 20
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-26-12, 07:42 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Location: In the Abyss
Posts: 3,052
clarkgriswold is on a distinguished road
Don't discount Kenston. They gave Chagrin Falls their only loss.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-26-12, 09:50 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
They did? When...before the game started? No offense, but they really didn't have a missed opportunity against Tallmadge. A missed opportunity would be the Springfield game, a game they SHOULD win, DID win, then forfeited.
When tallmadge beat ellet , ellet just found out of the forfiet to spartans just days before. Also ellet was plagued by injuries when tallmadge put it on them. Now with ellet.s backs back from injuries their running game took off. A talented group of sophmores who torched buchtel and garfield teams that are generally known for speed. Buchtel played tough d1 teams to start that explains their 500 record. Remember buchtel is coached by an ex nfl back. Ellet is better than you think. They are healthy now and playing with heart I gaurentee the outcome would be diff in rematch.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-26-12, 09:56 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
When tallmadge beat ellet , ellet just found out of the forfiet to spartans just days before. Also ellet was plagued by injuries when tallmadge put it on them. Now with ellet.s backs back from injuries their running game took off. A talented group of sophmores who torched buchtel and garfield teams that are generally known for speed. Buchtel played tough d1 teams to start that explains their 500 record. Remember buchtel is coached by an ex nfl back. Ellet is better than you think. They are healthy now and playing with heart I gaurentee the outcome would be diff in rematch.
I am not saying could beat tallmadge I am saying it would be a hard played game. A 20 year playoff drought should.be enough to motivate a team. I am an underdog fan woul love to see ellet hang in there a few rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-26-12, 09:58 PM
BigWorm BigWorm is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-12
Posts: 1,868
BigWorm is on a distinguished road
Um Also the bad alliance team just beat the previous number one team in the state marlington....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-26-12, 09:59 PM
Incognito Incognito is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-10-03
Location: in hiding
Posts: 644
Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
When tallmadge beat ellet , ellet just found out of the forfiet to spartans just days before. Also ellet was plagued by injuries when tallmadge put it on them. Now with ellet.s backs back from injuries their running game took off. A talented group of sophmores who torched buchtel and garfield teams that are generally known for speed. Buchtel played tough d1 teams to start that explains their 500 record. Remember buchtel is coached by an ex nfl back. Ellet is better than you think. They are healthy now and playing with heart I gaurentee the outcome would be diff in rematch.
Stop it! Don't you know if Ellet had 5 guys hurt, Tallmadge had 6 hurt. If Ellet has speedy backs, Tallmadge has guys that outran Usain Bolt. Talented sophomores? Tallmadge had sophmores that could start for most BCS schools. Get your facts straight lb05!!!!!!!
Tallmadge has never lost a game, just ran out of time.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-26-12, 10:06 PM
BigWorm BigWorm is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-12
Posts: 1,868
BigWorm is on a distinguished road
Hahahahahahsha
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-26-12, 10:08 PM
North Viking North Viking is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Greater Akron
Posts: 9,055
North Viking is on a distinguished road
Ellet is in the playoffs! Can you smEllet?!?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-26-12, 10:18 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Stop it! Don't you know if Ellet had 5 guys hurt, Tallmadge had 6 hurt. If Ellet has speedy backs, Tallmadge has guys that outran Usain Bolt. Talented sophomores? Tallmadge had sophmores that could start for most BCS schools. Get your facts straight lb05!!!!!!!
Tallmadge has never lost a game, just ran out of time.
Not making excuses ellet did have injuries tallmadge def is more experienced ellet does have a young group. There is a reason tallmadge is the beast of region 5 they are the best they did lose to d3 ravenna. Whether overtime or not. Tallmadge had a brutal schedule this year and they deserve #1 seed. I was just saying ellet isnt gonna be a push over thats all. Tallmadge is a physical team not known for speed. Ellet does have some shifty backs. That do not have size they have speed. I am happy to see a team in that hasnt been in 20 years. The city has generated more talent to d1 and nfl then suburban league. and thats a fact
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-26-12, 10:35 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: CC golf, 2014 DII champs
Posts: 14,975
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Madison lost, Howland won, and New Philadelphia got enough L2 help to stay above Ellet's final average of 18.25, so Ellet should be the 7th seed when all the dust settles. That would put the Orangemen up against Kent Roosevelt.

Incidentally, the Springfield forfeit may have been enough to cost Ellet the 6th seed since Springfield beat Field to be worth a few more points than previously expected.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-26-12, 10:40 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Madison lost, Howland won, and New Philadelphia got enough L2 help to stay above Ellet's final average of 18.25, so Ellet should be the 7th seed when all the dust settles. That would put the Orangemen up against Kent Roosevelt.

Incidentally, the Springfield forfeit may have been enough to cost Ellet the 6th seed since Springfield beat Field to be worth a few more points than previously expected.
Please include alliance win over marlington. Which should give ellet a little help ur rt though I think howland had a tough win too which they will climb up to 6 and ellet would drop to 7 or even 8. Buchtel would of helped with win over big red but they lost 21-18
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-26-12, 10:43 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Good luck to all local teams ellet tallmadge kent aurora in d2 I hope one of those teams make it along way
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-26-12, 11:34 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: CC golf, 2014 DII champs
Posts: 14,975
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
Please include alliance win over marlington. Which should give ellet a little help ur rt though I think howland had a tough win too which they will climb up to 6 and ellet would drop to 7 or even 8. Buchtel would of helped with win over big red but they lost 21-18
Alliance's win was included in my calculations. Once Eitel recognizes Howland's win, Howland will move up to the 5th seed, New Philadelphia will be 6th, Ellet 7th, and Kenston 8th. The top 4 seeds will be: Tallmadge, Kent, Aurora, and Chardon in that order.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-26-12, 11:45 PM
linebacker05 linebacker05 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Posts: 243
linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Alliance's win was included in my calculations. Once Eitel recognizes Howland's win, Howland will move up to the 5th seed, New Philadelphia will be 6th, Ellet 7th, and Kenston 8th. The top 4 seeds will be: Tallmadge, Kent, Aurora, and Chardon in that order.
So then would it be kent vs ellet week 1
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-26-12, 11:51 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: CC golf, 2014 DII champs
Posts: 14,975
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
So then would it be kent vs ellet week 1
You got it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-27-12, 01:28 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 1,581
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd Pleaser View Post
First things first, any score on the Ellet/ North game? Former staff from Ellet, now at North could make this game interesting. Not sure why they played this game Today?
from what I heard, Ellet coach didn't think it was fair to his kids taking the ACT test Saturday morning to play the night before. So he asked the game be changed to Thursday evening. At Ellet of course.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.