Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Old 10-25-12, 11:58 AM
All Region

Will Week 1 cost Akron Ellet

Ellet currently sits in 6th place for the playoffs, however they play 1-8 North this week, Will that week one forfeit end up costing them a playoff spot. They lost 5.5 Level one points and 5.5 Level Two points. Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-12, 12:39 PM
All American

dexksim
I hope it doesn't. It would be really nice to see Ellet in the playoffs. I hope they make it
Old 10-25-12, 12:52 PM
All Region

Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Yea i would have to agree with you dex it would be a good thing to see somebody represent the city series in the playoffs. Best of luck to the Orangemen
Old 10-25-12, 01:08 PM
All American

BigWorm is on a distinguished road
I think they will be ok...they need one of three teams to lose...All three of those teams have a tough game.
Old 10-25-12, 01:14 PM
All District

fantastic50 is on a distinguished road
Agreed ... if Ellet wins and any of Kenston, Warren Howland, or Madison loses, then they're almost certainly in. If everybody wins, then Ellet still has a slight (13%) chance of beating out Madison, based on L2 points.

If Ellet gets upset, it wouldn't matter if Madison loses, and probably not if Howland loses (and Madison wins). If Ellet and Kenston lose and the other two win, then Kenston probably gets the #8 spot, but it's not a sure thing, as Ellet could get enough help to take it.
Old 10-25-12, 02:42 PM
All American

dexksim
If Ellet somehow does not make it in, it won't be for lack of opportunities. They had one against Tallmadge. If they would've beat them, they'd for sure be in, regardless of the Springfield game
Old 10-25-12, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

North Viking is on a distinguished road
I don't think the Springfield game will cost them. IMHO, Kenston loses for sure.
Old 10-25-12, 06:18 PM
All District

stinkin is on a distinguished road
Being a Howland fan i feel Howland will beat Struthers. Going to be tougher than usual though.
Old 10-25-12, 06:44 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Springfield only would be giving Ellet 4.5 L2s for its win over Canton CC. Ellet's current situation would be no different with the win over Ellet. They'd still be sitting 6th, and their max out number (assuming a week 10 loss by Springfield) would still be lower than those of Howland, Kenston, and Madison. We won't know if the forfeit ultimately costs the Orangemen a playoff spot until the end of the weekend.

My feeling is that Kenston will lose to Aurora, and that'll be Ellet's way in. Madison could also lose to Riverside, but that's less likely to me than Kenston beating Aurora. Aurora still has too much to play for themselves to let that game get away too easily. I think Howland will beat Struthers, so Ellet is looking at a 7th or 8th seed.
Old 10-25-12, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexksim View Post
If Ellet somehow does not make it in, it won't be for lack of opportunities. They had one against Tallmadge. If they would've beat them, they'd for sure be in, regardless of the Springfield game
They did? When...before the game started? No offense, but they really didn't have a missed opportunity against Tallmadge. A missed opportunity would be the Springfield game, a game they SHOULD win, DID win, then forfeited.
Old 10-25-12, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
FWIW, Springfield only would be giving Ellet 4.5 L2s for its win over Canton CC. Ellet's current situation would be no different with the win over Ellet. They'd still be sitting 6th, and their max out number (assuming a week 10 loss by Springfield) would still be lower than those of Howland, Kenston, and Madison. We won't know if the forfeit ultimately costs the Orangemen a playoff spot until the end of the weekend.

My feeling is that Kenston will lose to Aurora, and that'll be Ellet's way in. Madison could also lose to Riverside, but that's less likely to me than Kenston beating Aurora. Aurora still has too much to play for themselves to let that game get away too easily. I think Howland will beat Struthers, so Ellet is looking at a 7th or 8th seed.
Aurora is VERY beat up right now. I would not be surprised to see Kenston beat Aurora.
Old 10-25-12, 10:41 PM
All District

Crowd Pleaser
First things first, any score on the Ellet/ North game? Former staff from Ellet, now at North could make this game interesting. Not sure why they played this game Today?
Old 10-26-12, 01:09 AM
All American

dexksim
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
They did? When...before the game started? No offense, but they really didn't have a missed opportunity against Tallmadge. A missed opportunity would be the Springfield game, a game they SHOULD win, DID win, then forfeited.
That's what I meant, "before the game started." IF Ellet had beaten Tallmadge, they'd be in a better position regarding the playoffs. I'm only talking about the opportunity to play
Old 10-26-12, 01:11 AM
All American

dexksim
Speaking of Ellet, they were scheduled to play North tonight, but I can't find a result anywhere. Does anyone know if they played tonight or not? What's the deal?
Old 10-26-12, 05:26 AM
All World

FirestoneFan
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Ellet 48 North 20
Old 10-26-12, 07:42 AM
All World

clarkgriswold is on a distinguished road
Don't discount Kenston. They gave Chagrin Falls their only loss.
Old 10-26-12, 09:50 PM
All District

linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
When tallmadge beat ellet , ellet just found out of the forfiet to spartans just days before. Also ellet was plagued by injuries when tallmadge put it on them. Now with ellet.s backs back from injuries their running game took off. A talented group of sophmores who torched buchtel and garfield teams that are generally known for speed. Buchtel played tough d1 teams to start that explains their 500 record. Remember buchtel is coached by an ex nfl back. Ellet is better than you think. They are healthy now and playing with heart I gaurentee the outcome would be diff in rematch.
Old 10-26-12, 09:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
When tallmadge beat ellet , ellet just found out of the forfiet to spartans just days before. Also ellet was plagued by injuries when tallmadge put it on them. Now with ellet.s backs back from injuries their running game took off. A talented group of sophmores who torched buchtel and garfield teams that are generally known for speed. Buchtel played tough d1 teams to start that explains their 500 record. Remember buchtel is coached by an ex nfl back. Ellet is better than you think. They are healthy now and playing with heart I gaurentee the outcome would be diff in rematch.
I am not saying could beat tallmadge I am saying it would be a hard played game. A 20 year playoff drought should.be enough to motivate a team. I am an underdog fan woul love to see ellet hang in there a few rounds.
Old 10-26-12, 09:58 PM
All American

Um Also the bad alliance team just beat the previous number one team in the state marlington....
Old 10-26-12, 09:59 PM
All Ohio

Incognito
Quote:
Stop it! Don't you know if Ellet had 5 guys hurt, Tallmadge had 6 hurt. If Ellet has speedy backs, Tallmadge has guys that outran Usain Bolt. Talented sophomores? Tallmadge had sophmores that could start for most BCS schools. Get your facts straight lb05!!!!!!!
Tallmadge has never lost a game, just ran out of time.
Old 10-26-12, 10:06 PM
All American

Hahahahahahsha
Old 10-26-12, 10:08 PM
All Yappi

North Viking is on a distinguished road
Ellet is in the playoffs! Can you smEllet?!?
Old 10-26-12, 10:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Stop it! Don't you know if Ellet had 5 guys hurt, Tallmadge had 6 hurt. If Ellet has speedy backs, Tallmadge has guys that outran Usain Bolt. Talented sophomores? Tallmadge had sophmores that could start for most BCS schools. Get your facts straight lb05!!!!!!!
Tallmadge has never lost a game, just ran out of time.
Not making excuses ellet did have injuries tallmadge def is more experienced ellet does have a young group. There is a reason tallmadge is the beast of region 5 they are the best they did lose to d3 ravenna. Whether overtime or not. Tallmadge had a brutal schedule this year and they deserve #1 seed. I was just saying ellet isnt gonna be a push over thats all. Tallmadge is a physical team not known for speed. Ellet does have some shifty backs. That do not have size they have speed. I am happy to see a team in that hasnt been in 20 years. The city has generated more talent to d1 and nfl then suburban league. and thats a fact
Old 10-26-12, 10:35 PM
All Yappi

Madison lost, Howland won, and New Philadelphia got enough L2 help to stay above Ellet's final average of 18.25, so Ellet should be the 7th seed when all the dust settles. That would put the Orangemen up against Kent Roosevelt.

Incidentally, the Springfield forfeit may have been enough to cost Ellet the 6th seed since Springfield beat Field to be worth a few more points than previously expected.
Old 10-26-12, 10:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Madison lost, Howland won, and New Philadelphia got enough L2 help to stay above Ellet's final average of 18.25, so Ellet should be the 7th seed when all the dust settles. That would put the Orangemen up against Kent Roosevelt.

Incidentally, the Springfield forfeit may have been enough to cost Ellet the 6th seed since Springfield beat Field to be worth a few more points than previously expected.
Please include alliance win over marlington. Which should give ellet a little help ur rt though I think howland had a tough win too which they will climb up to 6 and ellet would drop to 7 or even 8. Buchtel would of helped with win over big red but they lost 21-18
Old 10-26-12, 10:43 PM
All District

Good luck to all local teams ellet tallmadge kent aurora in d2 I hope one of those teams make it along way
Old 10-26-12, 11:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Please include alliance win over marlington. Which should give ellet a little help ur rt though I think howland had a tough win too which they will climb up to 6 and ellet would drop to 7 or even 8. Buchtel would of helped with win over big red but they lost 21-18
Alliance's win was included in my calculations. Once Eitel recognizes Howland's win, Howland will move up to the 5th seed, New Philadelphia will be 6th, Ellet 7th, and Kenston 8th. The top 4 seeds will be: Tallmadge, Kent, Aurora, and Chardon in that order.
Old 10-26-12, 11:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Alliance's win was included in my calculations. Once Eitel recognizes Howland's win, Howland will move up to the 5th seed, New Philadelphia will be 6th, Ellet 7th, and Kenston 8th. The top 4 seeds will be: Tallmadge, Kent, Aurora, and Chardon in that order.
So then would it be kent vs ellet week 1
Old 10-26-12, 11:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So then would it be kent vs ellet week 1
You got it.
Old 10-27-12, 01:28 AM
All American

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd Pleaser View Post
First things first, any score on the Ellet/ North game? Former staff from Ellet, now at North could make this game interesting. Not sure why they played this game Today?
from what I heard, Ellet coach didn't think it was fair to his kids taking the ACT test Saturday morning to play the night before. So he asked the game be changed to Thursday evening. At Ellet of course.