Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Old 10-05-12, 11:09 PM
All Yappi

Week 8: Triway (5-2) @ Manchester (4-3)

This game is a must-win for both teams in both the PAC race and playoff points. Triway comes off a tough loss to Indian Valley while Manchester is coming off a loss to Tuslaw. This match-up is pretty even, in my opinion. What are everyone's thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-12, 11:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
This game is a must-win for both teams in both the PAC race and playoff points. Triway comes off a tough loss to Indian Valley while Manchester is coming off a loss to Tuslaw. This match-up is pretty even, in my opinion. What are everyone's thoughts?
Depends on the weather. I will favor Triway on a clear night with a dry field. However if its a mid-October mud bowl I am leaning towards Manchester.
Old 10-06-12, 10:43 AM
All American

I look forward to a good game. Manchester can not afford the mistakes they had against Tuslaw. Even with those mistakes, the Panthers were in a position to win or tie with :15 left. If Robertson is coming back this week, that should help. Opposing defenses have to respect his speed, so even if he's not the target, it opens up our passing game.
Old 10-06-12, 11:27 AM
All World

A shout out to Triway's Luke Boreman. I worked with his Dad back a few years ago.
Old 10-08-12, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

This game is a de-facto league championship game, and also a must-win for both teams if they want to make the playoffs, as well. According to Fantastic50.net's updated numbers, Triway has a 30% chance of making the playoffs if they lose 1 more game. Manchester has slightly better odds, at 46% if they lose 1 more game this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
A shout out to Triway's Luke Boreman. I worked with his Dad back a few years ago.
That's weird. Just last week I found out a co-worker was related to the Boremans. Popular kid!
Old 10-08-12, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
This game is a de-facto league championship game, and also a must-win for both teams if they want to make the playoffs, as well. According to Fantastic50.net's updated numbers, Triway has a 30% chance of making the playoffs if they lose 1 more game. Manchester has slightly better odds, at 46% if they lose 1 more game this year.

That's weird. Just last week I found out a co-worker was related to the Boremans. Popular kid!
Not so fast my friend, If Manchester wins on Friday and CVCA wins out there could be Tri-champs again this year.
Old 10-09-12, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

i believe i will be in attendance friday night, didn't think these teams would both lose last week, took some luster away from this game!
Old 10-09-12, 06:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
i believe i will be in attendance friday night, didn't think these teams would both lose last week, took some luster away from this game!
You actually going to be at the game, or watching from a distance? Either way, I'll see if the woman and I can come find you for a little bit. I agree that the game lost a little luster, but it's still huge for both teams.
Old 10-09-12, 06:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
I'll be there, too. Last week's loss to Tuslaw was disappointing. That was a game where they shot themselves in the foot with poor execution and mental mistakes. Hopefully they'll turn it around this week.
Old 10-09-12, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

TopCat, maybe I'll get to meet you, too!

I've put together some thoughts on the PAC, WCAL, and OCC teams, and their playoff chances:
http://www.pitmanstats.com/2012/10/0...ayoff-chances/
Old 10-11-12, 01:39 AM
All American

Quote:
TopCat, maybe I'll get to meet you, too!

I've put together some thoughts on the PAC, WCAL, and OCC teams, and their playoff chances:
http://www.pitmanstats.com/2012/10/0...ayoff-chances/
That would be cool. You and I met briefly when Manchester played at Triway in basketball last winter. But it was just about a short exchange.
Old 10-11-12, 01:40 AM
All American

I just got word that Triway at Manchester will be one of the featured games on WEWS NewChannel 5's coverage of Friday Night Football. A camera crew will be at the game to get some highlights.
Old 10-11-12, 03:18 PM
All American

Has anyone heard if Robertson will be back for this game?
Old 10-11-12, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
That would be cool. You and I met briefly when Manchester played at Triway in basketball last winter. But it was just about a short exchange.
That's right! I had forgotten about that. I hope to see you tomorrow. Depends what time my partner and I get there and get set up. Go Titans!
Old 10-12-12, 11:05 PM
All American

Worth the price of admission! Stunning finish!
Old 10-13-12, 01:09 PM
All American

Manchester now controls their own destiny now in terms of the PAC race correct?
Old 10-13-12, 02:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuslawstud14 View Post
Manchester now controls their own destiny now in terms of the PAC race correct?
yes, however the PAC could still end up in a four way tie if you can believe it.
Old 10-13-12, 03:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
yes, however the PAC could still end up in a four way tie if you can believe it.
Yeah that scenario pretty much comes down to CVCA knocking off Manchester. Triway should win out, as should the winner of the Tuslaw/Indian Valley game.