Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 10-12-12, 07:08 PM
All District

Texasdad is on a distinguished road
Softball 2013?

Is it too early or am I just that bored? Noticed talk on a few other forums I've come across.....any thoughts on SWO HS softball yet?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-12, 08:27 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
GMC should be interesting...lots of the top returning players! Top five finishers all look strong again...East, West, Mason, Oak Hills, Fairfield will all be tough. Not sure about most of the rest of the teams though??
Old 10-15-12, 11:55 AM
Freshman

Doom is on a distinguished road
Never too early Texas dad, btw our daughters played each other this last weekend in Chicago tried to find you but your parents said you did not make the trip. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Doug
Old 10-15-12, 05:42 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom View Post
Never too early Texas dad, btw our daughters played each other this last weekend in Chicago tried to find you but your parents said you did not make the trip. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Doug
Damn I wish I could of been there! Looks like the weather ruined the whole party....kinda glad I didn't go now. Lauren was excited to pitch against team conroy. Did your daughter pick up with them or did we play team Ohio? I'm sure we will meet soon, I look forward to it as well.

Gabe
Old 10-15-12, 05:48 PM
All District

With only one year under the belt in the gmc I would not consider my self educated on most players and teams yet. I agree that east, west, mason, Fairfield and OH will be tough. Are there any freshman players that could play varsity and make an impact right away?
Old 10-15-12, 08:23 PM
All American

Clayton Buck
As far as SW ohio and the GWOC, Lebanon is still the team to beat coming out of the GWOC South, regardless of the status of their outstanding sophomore to be pitcher. They are loaded throughout the lineup with several division 1 caliber players.

I would say Northmont would be next best in the GWOC coming out of the Central division, then it is up in the air.

Greenville is always the team to beat in the north, but they lost a ton of players from last year. Beavercreek lost a few good seniors, but still has a few very good players. Centerville could surprise too if their young pitchers improve.

I would not rule out Fairborn in the South for 2nd place in that division, but not sure what they have to replace Bolser for a pitcher. I am also not sure what all is coming back for Miamisburg.

Top 5 in the GWOC:
Lebanon
Northmont
Beavercreek
Centerville
Fairborn/Miamisburg/Springfield/Greenville tied.
Old 10-15-12, 09:22 PM
Freshman

EastManiac is on a distinguished road
Fairfield may struggle some at first losing a huge part of offense in Shaffer, Browning, Taggart, and Einsfeld. They at least return their pitcher and catcher ( who could have a break out year at the plate).
Mason, West, East and Oakhills will most likely be top four. Many of the girls that could hit Slatten from last year have graduated, so Oakhills will have stronger a chance to win the low scoring games against the other top three. Colerain could also come together to compete in top, will depend on maturity to have developed in some key areas. The talent is there, will have to see if they can pull it together this year.
East only lost 3 starters but, all three were big contributers to the team. Losing four year SS and varsity starter Grevenkamp leaving a big hole on defense, Rollins big bat, stong arm and leadership behind the plate, and high OBP & run scorer, slapper Ellison. East does have Buckenmyer who proved herself over and over again in the circle and at the plate returning and who will most likely contend for Player of the Year award with Slatten. Both girls have strong pitching skills and strong bats. Also, Freshman K. Towe will have good chance to contend for a varsity starting spot at East. Big year likely to come from Astrop, Schultz, and Fair at the plate.
Mason did lose starting pitcher and catcher but also have talent to refill those spots.
West returns most of their starters so I believe will be the team to beat for that top spot.
Princeton, Sycamore, Middletown and Hamilton will most likely end up bottom four. But you never know what can happen in any given season.
The GMC will be strong like always. Come tournament time Lebanon from the GWOC will be the team to beat to get to state.

Last edited by EastManiac; 10-16-12 at 07:09 AM..
Old 10-16-12, 06:47 AM
Freshman

Doom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdad View Post
Damn I wish I could of been there! Looks like the weather ruined the whole party....kinda glad I didn't go now. Lauren was excited to pitch against team conroy. Did your daughter pick up with them or did we play team Ohio? I'm sure we will meet soon, I look forward to it as well.

Gabe
Daughter was subbing for Conroy's team, he was missing a few players.
Old 10-18-12, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
2013 Preview

Lebanon looks to be the favorite in SW ohio as they have a total team top to bottom...

A lot of SW teams lost a huge amount of talent... Fairfield getting hit the hardest in the GMC...
I think the GMC will still be the strongest "conference" in SW Ohio because the pitching on all teams will be good to very good...

Colerain, Fairfield, East/West and Mason now have Oak Hills that can come in and and walk away with a W and will do well vs. the other conference teams.
Sycamore has improved the past two years and will get a upset or two agin in 2013. Middletown and Hamilton will win their fair share of games.

As far as pitching... Oak Hills has the BEST in in the SW area.. (Sorry Lebanon fan)...Colerain brings back all of the 2012 starters Ash Roberts and a few new ladies that may make a difference in 2013. So, Year two for coach Billstrom should be better than year one for her and her team...

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....erainfastpitch

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 01-06-13 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-19-12, 10:12 AM
Varsity

MVD1962 is on a distinguished road
Weat, East, and OH return the top three pitchers (stats) in 2012 from the GMC (Sharp, Buckenmyer, Slatten). Hard to argue that those three teams won't have the best pitching in the GMC in 2013. HS pitching is usually about the #1 pitcher and these three teams will rely heavily on these aces.

There are plenty of GMC teams with great pitching throughout and the good pitchers just keep on coming...should be another good year.
Old 10-20-12, 01:16 AM
All Ohio

misstified3134 is on a distinguished road
What teams will be at SWObat this winter? East will have 2 teams as I assume Lebanon will as well.
Old 10-20-12, 07:49 AM
All Ohio

Swobat

Colerain is going to pass on SWOBAT this year. (For the money just not worth what you get. 6 games 60mn time limit $700)..
Colerain is planning on playing two winter tournaments. Sinclair College will host two HS tournaments one in Jan and the other in Feb...
For the same money and only two weekends we would get longer games and more games.... There are several other indoor tournaments around Ohio and in Indiana as well but the price will be a little higher.

We are hoping to be able to stretch our families softball dollars as far as we can while getting in the most games vs. the best competition we can. Other winter activities/sports hits most HS programs with getting the ladies out so in only doing a few weekends we hope to be able to get the majority to make the events.

Check out the Lady Cards at:
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome....erainfastpitch

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 10-20-12 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=colerainfastpitch
Old 10-20-12, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

Swobat

WOW, Just looked at the SWOBAT website.... price increase to $750...Game times did extend .5 of an hour but you only get 5 games......

https://www.esoftplanner.com/v3/plan...a9xW17vJ2Kow==
Old 10-20-12, 11:34 AM
All Ohio

misstified3134 is on a distinguished road
They are talking about doing some more games. It's in our backyard so it makes sense for us but I do like the Sinclair league.
Old 10-21-12, 09:11 AM
All District

What is swobat and how does one find out what teams are playing in it?
Old 10-21-12, 12:08 PM
Freshman

EastManiac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is swobat and how does one find out what teams are playing in it?
SWOBAT is an indoor sports complex in the West Chester area, not too far from Tri-County Mall. They have small turf indoor field that teams play on druing winter months. It is an okay facility but like most indoor places has its draw backs and more a chance to get live pitching and hitting skills in than much defensive type skills. Sinclair is a litte bigger facility but on tile type floors which also make fielding difficult, not to mention base running and sliding an adventure. Few years ago daughter slid into second and and slid right over it into the outfield I am sure you can look at SWOBAT's web site for league info.

By the way is there any truth to the rumor Colerain may be dropping all sports if levy doesn't pass?
Old 10-21-12, 01:49 PM
All District

I will check out swobats website. As far as colerain, that's the rumor I've heard about the levy. If the levy fails and there's truth to that rumor it will be very very sad!
Old 10-21-12, 06:38 PM
All Ohio

By the way is there any truth to the rumor Colerain may be dropping all sports if levy doesn't pass?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately; that is the plan should the levy fail... This will be an issue "all public schools' will be facing in Ohio in the near future.

Lets hope the State of Ohio can eventually come up with a plan to fund public schools outside of our current system...
I do not have high hopes of this levy passing at its current size but I hope it does...
Old 10-21-12, 11:25 PM
Varsity

northmontthunder is on a distinguished road
I still think even though Greenville is ganna loose a few players. They will still be a top 3 team. I would put beavercreek at 3 or 4. They have a senior pitcher and a good top of the order hitter and outfielder. Miamisburg seems to be loosing a lot of players but they are always a tough team.

My gwoc top 5
1. Lebanon
2. Northmont
3. Greenville
4. Beavercreek
5. Miamisburg, Centerville
Old 10-24-12, 05:35 PM
All District

WaveRider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Buck View Post
As far as SW ohio and the GWOC, Lebanon is still the team to beat coming out of the GWOC South, regardless of the status of their outstanding sophomore to be pitcher. They are loaded throughout the lineup with several division 1 caliber players.

I would say Northmont would be next best in the GWOC coming out of the Central division, then it is up in the air.

Greenville is always the team to beat in the north, but they lost a ton of players from last year. Beavercreek lost a few good seniors, but still has a few very good players. Centerville could surprise too if their young pitchers improve.

I would not rule out Fairborn in the South for 2nd place in that division, but not sure what they have to replace Bolser for a pitcher. I am also not sure what all is coming back for Miamisburg.

Top 5 in the GWOC:
Lebanon
Northmont
Beavercreek
Centerville
Fairborn/Miamisburg/Springfield/Greenville tied.
Typical Clayton Buck.
Greenville lost some kids from there state team but dont worry-Newland doesnt rebuild, he reloads LOL.
Old 10-24-12, 08:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Cocky14 is on a distinguished road
Do any of the GWOC teams have any Freshmen that might make some noise?
Old 10-25-12, 10:08 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Colerain returns all of its starters this season...I look for the Cards to make a push for top 4 in the GMC

Any news on the Lebanon pitcher? Heard the accident and rehab may mean she misses the season?

TexasDad....my 13u got to catch your grand daughter this past summer for abot 15 minutes. It was a good experience for her.
Old 10-25-12, 08:31 PM
All American

Clayton Buck
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRider View Post
Typical Clayton Buck.
Greenville lost some kids from there state team but dont worry-Newland doesnt rebuild, he reloads LOL.
What's typical about that post? Was it typical that they lost a lot or that they always win the North? I am failing to see where I slammed the Greenville team.
Old 10-26-12, 03:22 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
Colerain returns all of its starters this season...I look for the Cards to make a push for top 4 in the GMC

Any news on the Lebanon pitcher? Heard the accident and rehab may mean she misses the season?

TexasDad....my 13u got to catch your grand daughter this past summer for abot 15 minutes. It was a good experience for her.
Honor&glory...... Glad your daughter had a good experience at that catching session with Jackie. I told Lauren she was pitching too a colerain boosters daughter She asked me who and I told her that honor&glory guy from yappi...... Lol. BTW I'm her dad. Oakhillfan is her grandfather.....he is the old one. haha

I think the gmc conference champion will have at least three losses. The run to the top of the gmc will be very challenging....more so than last year IMO!
Old 10-26-12, 10:46 PM
Colerain Booster

Quote:
Honor&glory...... Glad your daughter had a good experience at that catching session with Jackie. I told Lauren she was pitching too a colerain boosters daughter She asked me who and I told her that honor&glory guy from yappi...... Lol. BTW I'm her dad. Oakhillfan is her grandfather.....he is the old one. haha

I think the gmc conference champion will have at least three losses. The run to the top of the gmc will be very challenging....more so than last year IMO!
All you Texas people look alike.

Jackie is a great coach. Glad she decided to take on my daughter as a student. My kid had no idea that Lauren was a future Longhorn...I told her right before she settled in behind the plate and her eyes got as big as saucers...lol...she's handled high school pitchers and a couple of local college pitchers...but when I said "Texas" it kinda awestruck her. Hope she gets another chance this winter.
Old 10-27-12, 06:46 PM
All District

The sluggers are in St. Louis playing in a showcase tourn. and of course we are in Cincy. Their pool of teams is impressive.....damn sure wish we could be there to watch!
Old 10-29-12, 11:43 AM
Colerain Booster

Quote:
The sluggers are in St. Louis playing in a showcase tourn. and of course we are in Cincy. Their pool of teams is impressive.....damn sure wish we could be there to watch!

How'd they do?
Old 11-03-12, 09:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
How'd they do?
They kicked butt .......would you expect anything less?
Old 11-03-12, 12:17 PM
Colerain Booster

Quote:
They kicked butt .......would you expect anything less?
hahaha...of course not. I got your PM...sounds like some great games!
Old 11-03-12, 06:02 PM
All District

Final weekend of fall ball for sluggers. They are in Kissimmee at another showcase this weekend......after this weekend no more softball until HS starts. A much needed winter break awaits.