Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Old 11-10-12, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhudda View Post
I watched a few of the games today in the brand new high school. Wadsworth will have many weapons again. The only close game I saw was against Africentric, which they won by 2 (I think). Avon, Mags, and Howland were all blowouts.

Wadsworth will again be an up-tempo team, with a smothering press that will create matchup problems for any team lacking at least two good ball handlers. They will miss the athleticism of Gearhart, but do seem to have some new players that will contribute. Didn't know all the names of the new faces, sorry.
Saw you there today Bhudda buddy ... I was judging at the speech tourney but got in to see a good amount of the scrimmage also. Agreed that Africentric and Wadsworth were a level (or more) above the others. Great showings by both with Wadsworth winning the 20 min half and 4 min OT games between them.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-12, 06:13 PM
All Ohio

Reading scrimmages tomorrow evening @ Lockland (Tri-Scrimmage: Lockland & Goshen).

....Had to put that out there. My old buddy from high school coaches at Lockland now.
Old 11-11-12, 08:15 PM
All American

Wadsworth scrimmage 11/13

Another good scrimmage lined up for Wadsworth at 6pm with Kenston(haven't heard anything about yet) along with SVSM and NC Hoover. MCGal, might see you there again. Great new gym to watch a basketball game. Finally, a newer school gym with adequate seating for the home and away fans. Sorry Highland and Green faithful but after you make your first visit to the new home of the Grizzlies, you will see what I am talking about. Both of your schools have a great fan base and it is a shame that the people who made the decisions on the gyms chose the smaller venues. Green's school size is equal to if not larger than Wadsworth's with what has to be a much larger tax base with which to work and by far more growth taking place than in Wadsworth. O well, too late to do anything about it so I will just keep planning to go early to the smaller gyms and enjoy HS basketball competition.
Old 11-12-12, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

20/20, we'll see what I have going tomorrow. Sounds like a great scrimmage. As for the gym, with crowds as they've been in recent years for girls' games, it's bigger than it has to be but it's still beautiful. I don't know why you'd complain about Green's gym when it's never sold out for a Wads-Green girls game
Old 11-12-12, 04:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
20/20, we'll see what I have going tomorrow. Sounds like a great scrimmage. As for the gym, with crowds as they've been in recent years for girls' games, it's bigger than it has to be but it's still beautiful. I don't know why you'd complain about Green's gym when it's never sold out for a Wads-Green girls game
Sorry, I was not limiting my comments on the gyms to the girls games only but also to the boy's games. I should have been more clear. Also, Wadsworth usually fills the visitor's side and out numbers the home team supporters for the girls games. There is definitely not enough capacity for the visiting fans for either boy's basketball or football in the majority of the Suburban League.
Old 11-12-12, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

Gotcha.. yeah the story changes in boys basketball I'll give you that... I do still enjoy packed boys' games in Green's gym, but that's just my bias coming through I suppose
Old 11-17-12, 07:13 PM
Freshman

Madison Preview

Anyone have an update on the scrimmages today at the Madison preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddavis97 View Post
Ursuline scrimmages:

Nov. 7th Norwood
Nov. 8th Newport Central Catholic
Nov. 12th Colerain
Nov. 16th Madison Preview vs Springboro