Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-12, 12:33 PM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Good scrimmages to watch

What are some good scrimmages to go and watch in a few weeks?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-12-12, 11:25 PM
coachablekid coachablekid is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-12
Posts: 225
coachablekid is on a distinguished road
Go to the usa academy nov 3rd from 8 am to 6 pm. 3 solid sessions of girls basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-12, 11:33 AM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
I just read that on Nov. 3 St. Ursula, Reading, and Holmes (KY) scrimmage. That is quite a mixture. Shouldn't St. Ursula dominate this scrimmage?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-12, 08:15 AM
strickly_layups strickly_layups is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-30-06
Posts: 406
strickly_layups is on a distinguished road
Anyone out there know Jamestown Greenview scrimmage schedule?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-12, 10:05 AM
Komet Komet is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-21-06
Posts: 135
Komet is on a distinguished road
Mason

Anyone know where Mason would be scrimmaging and who?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-12, 01:20 PM
whodis whodis is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-01-11
Posts: 7
whodis is on a distinguished road
I have heard that Mason is scrimmaging Centerville this coming weekend (November 2), but I'm not sure if this is true as I can't find a schedule. Sorry I can't help you any more than that.

Will post more if I hear any more details.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-12, 02:26 PM
Lynch Mob Lynch Mob is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-11-08
Posts: 435
Lynch Mob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
I just read that on Nov. 3 St. Ursula, Reading, and Holmes (KY) scrimmage. That is quite a mixture. Shouldn't St. Ursula dominate this scrimmage?
St. Ursula scrimmage schedule according to schedule star:

Nov. 3 vs. Reading & Holmes
Nov. 7 vs. Lakota West
Nov. 10 vs. Mariemont, Glen Este, Badin
Nov. 14 vs. Lebanon
Nov. 20 vs. Colerain & Anderson
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-03-12, 03:51 PM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
I saw today Glen Este and Harrison. Both look like they should be able to compete in their respective leagues.

How did St. Ursula and Reading do today?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-12, 09:35 PM
Moses Malone Moses Malone is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-06
Posts: 510
Moses Malone is on a distinguished road
Glen Este and Harrison both have been good in the past. Heard Glen Este has been decimated with injuries though?? Is the same guy still coaching Harrison? Stevenson, I think?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-12, 07:46 AM
aeromatic aeromatic is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 164
aeromatic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
I saw today Glen Este and Harrison. Both look like they should be able to compete in their respective leagues.

How did St. Ursula and Reading do today?
Looked to me, they all need a little work. Very rusty.
That's all I am going to say in fear of someone getting upset
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-04-12, 08:50 AM
braddavis97 braddavis97 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-27-09
Posts: 110
braddavis97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
What are some good scrimmages to go and watch in a few weeks?
Ursuline scrimmages:

Nov. 7th Norwood
Nov. 8th Newport Central Catholic
Nov. 12th Colerain
Nov. 16th Madison Preview vs Springboro
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-04-12, 09:21 AM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Malone View Post
Glen Este and Harrison both have been good in the past. Heard Glen Este has been decimated with injuries though?? Is the same guy still coaching Harrison? Stevenson, I think?
Glen Este has lost 3 starters, but Coach Click had them playing hard. Very scrappy and aggressive. Harrison and Coach Scrivner played hard also. They both killed Dixie Heights.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-04-12, 09:36 AM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromatic View Post
Looked to me, they all need a little work. Very rusty.
That's all I am going to say in fear of someone getting upset
How did they each do against Holmes? Isn't Holmes a good school in KY?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-04-12, 10:35 AM
aeromatic aeromatic is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 164
aeromatic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
How did they each do against Holmes? Isn't Holmes a good school in KY?
Holmes and SUA made Reading look bad.
Left before Holmes and SUA played. I think reserve and freshman were playing also, and with time management, I had to leave
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-12, 03:45 PM
wcparent wcparent is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-20-10
Posts: 2
wcparent is on a distinguished road
Yes GE has 3 starters out:

Keith - starting junior guard, out for year stress fracture in her femur
Gaskill -starting senior, out due to injuries from car wreck, should be back soon
Hall - starting junior, out until December, stress fracture in shin

They played most of scrimmage with 2 freshman pt guards, and 2 sophomores at forward.

Having all this inexperience and not even a weeks worth of practice, I thought they looked surprisingly good.

Like 32 said, coach will always demand and push them, and they will always play hard

I look forward to watching this group this season as they get some girls back and the younger ones continue to develop.

They should be a solid team in their league, but doubt they have the horses to compete with the best in DI in cincinnati
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-04-12, 05:17 PM
32minutesofpressure 32minutesofpressure is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-08
Location: Greater Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,456
32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcparent View Post
Yes GE has 3 starters out:

Keith - starting junior guard, out for year stress fracture in her femur
Gaskill -starting senior, out due to injuries from car wreck, should be back soon
Hall - starting junior, out until December, stress fracture in shin

They played most of scrimmage with 2 freshman pt guards, and 2 sophomores at forward.

Having all this inexperience and not even a weeks worth of practice, I thought they looked surprisingly good.

Like 32 said, coach will always demand and push them, and they will always play hard

I look forward to watching this group this season as they get some girls back and the younger ones continue to develop.

They should be a solid team in their league, but doubt they have the horses to compete with the best in DI in cincinnati
They may not be the best in DI in Cincinnati, but when they get a few starters back, they definitely will be dangerous in the ECC!!! Coach Click will have them ready to play against the best!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-04-12, 07:35 PM
BBallMomJ BBallMomJ is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-13-08
Posts: 513
BBallMomJ is on a distinguished road
For the SUA and Holmes scrimmage Reading was without it's two leading scorers.....Reading's big girl (center) and one of their guards. Both for medical reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-12, 10:13 PM
cometcenter cometcenter is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-24-03
Location: Mason
Posts: 977
cometcenter
This scrimmage will be interesting:

November 20- Fairmont, Mason, Miami East, Springboro, Tecumseh @ Bellbrook 6:30 p.m.;
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-07-12, 09:34 AM
ggclhoops ggclhoops is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-11-12
Posts: 41
ggclhoops is on a distinguished road
McAuley, Winton Woods and Dayton Wayne scrimmaged last night.

The report I received was :

Winton Woods played very well and are a very quick team. They will be a tough team to beat with decent shooters from the 15f oot mark and in. Guard play was quick and good. Winton Woods did not lose a quarter.

MCA played good but looked a little out of rhythm on offense. Vogelpohl hit 5 threes but not many other shots were falling. Looked slow and tentative cutting to the basket running their new offense. Defensively slow to play help defense. Beat Wayne every quarter, lost to WW each quarter by 4-5 pts

Wayne looked bad.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-07-12, 03:20 PM
Hoopsfan87 Hoopsfan87 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-08-11
Posts: 137
Hoopsfan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
I just read that on Nov. 3 St. Ursula, Reading, and Holmes (KY) scrimmage. That is quite a mixture. Shouldn't St. Ursula dominate this scrimmage?
Actually, Holmes is pretty good. And SUA is down.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-07-12, 05:03 PM
hausinfeffer hausinfeffer is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-31-10
Posts: 9
hausinfeffer is on a distinguished road
winton woods looked pretty good. mcauley a little slow and rusty but they have 4 important players 3 volleyball and 1 from cross country who have only been practicing 3-4 days. i think volleyball and cross country both went farely far for mcauley. not sure if winton woods gets a lot of 2 sport girls trying to make quick adjustment from fall sports. wayne did not look real good.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-07-12, 08:35 PM
I-75 I-75 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-13-06
Posts: 14
I-75 is on a distinguished road
Anybody now what time and where is the Ursuline scrimage at 2mar?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-12, 11:02 PM
braddavis97 braddavis97 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-27-09
Posts: 110
braddavis97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-75 View Post
Anybody now what time and where is the Ursuline scrimage at 2mar?
Just found out that the Ursuline scrimmage was canceled due volleyball team playing in the state semi finals. They play Friday at Newport Central Catholic at 5pm.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-08-12, 12:04 PM
kappa3dog3 kappa3dog3 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-11
Posts: 8
kappa3dog3 is on a distinguished road
Anyone catch the Lakota West v St. Ursula scrimmage?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-08-12, 02:04 PM
HS BBALL FAN HS BBALL FAN is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-15-11
Posts: 58
HS BBALL FAN is on a distinguished road
East vs Ursula Scimmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa3dog3 View Post
Anyone catch the Lakota West v St. Ursula scrimmage?
not sure if you meant east intead of west, but east scrimmaged sua last night. only saw the first two qrs, which east dominated w/ speed and athletiism. east's mostly sophomore team got up and down court very quickly playing pretty aggressive on both sides of the court. this definitely isn't the same east team we've seen the last 3 years. someone mentioned tha sua will be done this year, but they played hard and shot the ball well from outside. they just had nothing for east's seed...again only saw 2qtrs.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-08-12, 02:30 PM
kappa3dog3 kappa3dog3 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-25-11
Posts: 8
kappa3dog3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS BBALL FAN View Post
not sure if you meant east intead of west, but east scrimmaged sua last night. only saw the first two qrs, which east dominated w/ speed and athletiism. east's mostly sophomore team got up and down court very quickly playing pretty aggressive on both sides of the court. this definitely isn't the same east team we've seen the last 3 years. someone mentioned tha sua will be done this year, but they played hard and shot the ball well from outside. they just had nothing for east's seed...again only saw 2qtrs.
Thanks for the team correction and the update.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-09-12, 11:17 AM
20/20 20/20 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: Suburban League / NE Ohio
Posts: 1,321
20/20
Wadsworth scrimmage Sat

Should be a good scrimmage at Wadsworth Sat 11/10/12 11am. Teams listed are Wadsworth, Africentric, Magnificat, and Warren Howland.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-09-12, 01:18 PM
Box and One Box and One is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 85
Box and One is on a distinguished road
How about this one......

Tomorrow @ Reynoldsburg: Lakota West, Mason, Fairmont, Hathaway Brown, Centerville, Centennial, Fairland, and Toledo Notre Dame.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-10-12, 07:15 PM
Bhudda Bhudda is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-12-01
Posts: 2,926
Bhudda
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Should be a good scrimmage at Wadsworth Sat 11/10/12 11am. Teams listed are Wadsworth, Africentric, Magnificat, and Warren Howland.
I watched a few of the games today in the brand new high school. Wadsworth will have many weapons again. The only close game I saw was against Africentric, which they won by 2 (I think). Avon, Mags, and Howland were all blowouts.

Wadsworth will again be an up-tempo team, with a smothering press that will create matchup problems for any team lacking at least two good ball handlers. They will miss the athleticism of Gearhart, but do seem to have some new players that will contribute. Didn't know all the names of the new faces, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-10-12, 08:25 PM
Komet Komet is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-21-06
Posts: 135
Komet is on a distinguished road
Reynoldsburg

Any news on how things went at Reynoldsburg? Some pretty big hitters there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.