Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Old 09-28-12, 09:18 PM
All American

Tallmadge vs Nordonia

I'm still not sold on Nordonia, I may be wrong but we will see this week! GO DEVILS!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-12, 09:33 PM
All Ohio

Paging Brian
Old 09-28-12, 09:34 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

I can't be sold or not sold on a team I've never seen play before.

I'm hoping some fans that have seen both team play, have some insight to how the two team might stack up against each other.

It sounds like Nordonia has a potent attack that features a spread offense and they have some talent to make it work.

The problem with the spread in high school football is that its a high risk offense. High risk, big gain. Which means, you're going to have a couple of Friday nights during the season where the risk outweigh the gains, and that's when the wheels come off. Cordt Skraba (Devil DB), just may take a wheel or two himself.

Here's hoping for some loose wheels next Friday
Old 09-28-12, 09:53 PM
All American

Personally I think if we don't try to get to fancy and play smash mouth clock control football with some spread mixed in we will be fine on offense. Defensively we must be fundamentally sound ie. wrap up, don't over pursue, don't get beat deep and we win.
Old 09-28-12, 09:54 PM
Freshman

Watching Tallmadge tonight vs Highland I saw one glaring thing: Shut down #88 and #22 and the offense is probably dead in the water. I don't think they threw to #7 or #10 all night. The other kid can't catch, so if they double up on 88, Gotto will run for his life.
Old 09-28-12, 09:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdevil4life View Post
Personally I think if we don't try to get to fancy and play smash mouth clock control football with some spread mixed in we will be fine on offense. Defensively we must be fundamentally sound ie. wrap up, don't over pursue, don't get beat deep and we win.
It got a little sloppy this week with some blown coverage and such but from the looks of it, Tallmadge will need to be on their A-Game next week to win with no sloppiness. Tallmadge dominated Highland for the most part.
Old 09-28-12, 09:57 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
Watching Tallmadge tonight vs Highland I saw one glaring thing: Shut down #88 and #22 and the offense is probably dead in the water. I don't think they threw to #7 or #10 all night. The other kid can't catch, so if they double up on 88, Gotto will run for his life.
You haven't watched enough Tallmadge games then.
Old 09-28-12, 10:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStudentBody View Post
It got a little sloppy this week with some blown coverage and such but from the looks of it, Tallmadge will need to be on their A-Game next week to win with no sloppiness. Tallmadge dominated Highland for the most part.
I agree, the first quarter was very sloppy, improved as the game went on. Better have your A-Game every week in the suburban league this year.
Old 09-28-12, 10:49 PM
Go Buckeyes

Since this looks to be a very big game, how is the parking at Nordonia? Do they have another lot that is not apart of the school for overflow parking?
Old 09-28-12, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

New parking lot not donE YET , Tallmadge wins by 10, they are to good.
Old 09-29-12, 12:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
That's not what Brian was saying earlier tonight.
Old 09-29-12, 05:35 AM
All American

The parking is fine and so is the stadium......Winking Lizzard around the block on 82 off 8.
Old 09-29-12, 05:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Mr. Sandbag. Tallmadge is the best SL team until proven otherwise. Nordonia is loaded. This game should be an instant classic. Knights by a dirty deuce at home.
Old 09-29-12, 06:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nice first post. #10 is the 2nd leading receiver, was only 30 yrds behind #88 before last night.

Go ahead and double #88 and I guarantee the others burn you.
Old 09-29-12, 06:25 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
That's not what Brian was saying earlier tonight.
Old 09-29-12, 06:43 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdevil4life View Post
Hey, that's my schtick.
Old 09-29-12, 06:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
We finally agree...that was exactly what I was thinking...Tallmadge 31-21
Old 09-29-12, 06:55 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

Quote:
Superficially at a glance, your analysis is fairly sound. Certainly if you take away #88, you've taken away the Devil's most reliable receiving target. Having said that, as a season, the Devil's have spread it around pretty good, I and hope they continue doing so.

It's been a long time since I saw a true power running back in high school football. Power running backs were a staple back in the old days, as teams ran more power formations. Teams even chose a power type runner as their feature tailback, back in the day...

Tallmadge has such a back. Daniel Ray is a throwback power type of running back. Hard runner, tough to take down, legs a'choppin, always pushing a few extra yards out of a play while carrying defenders, it does an old dude's heart good to see that style of running again. IF they'd line him up as the TB in the "I"..umm, damage would be done. But that's not conventional in today's offensive think...

Tallmadge does have other weapons. How they chose to utilize them from game to game is...your guess is as good as mine.
Old 09-29-12, 07:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity83 View Post
Old 09-29-12, 08:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
We finally agree...that was exactly what I was thinking...Tallmadge 31-21
If you go in thinking your going to win easily you will get blown out like Copley did. Remember they are a former NOC team and a DI program v. a DII program and a small DII at that....beware. Their band will outnumber yours 4 to 1.....lol
Old 09-29-12, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt 17 24 View Post
If you go in thinking your going to win easily you will get blown out like Copley did. Remember they are a former NOC team and a DI program v. a DII program and a small DII at that....beware. Their band will outnumber yours 4 to 1.....lol
I don't ever think any game will be an easy win....well, ok...except Revere. This reminds me so much of Wadsworth week last year. Big undefeated D1 program. Tallmadge had no chance according to everyone. Tallmadge went into Wadsworth and not only won, but dominated every facet of the game.
I certainly respect Nordonia and the huge improvement they have made this year. It reminds me of Tallmadge a couple years ago. Just because I picked Tallmadge to win by 10 doesn't mean that I disrespect Nordonia or think that Tallmadge will just. Run them over. The reality is that Tallmadge has won 17 SL games in a row, and until someone knocks them off, they are the big dog on the block. Maybe Nordonia will be the team to do it, I don't think so. I will stand by my 31-21 prediction.
Old 09-29-12, 10:48 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post

It's been a long time since I saw a true power running back in high school football. Power running backs were a staple back in the old days, as teams ran more power formations. Teams even chose a power type runner as their feature tailback, back in the day...

Tallmadge has such a back. Daniel Ray is a throwback power type of running back. Hard runner, tough to take down, legs a'choppin, always pushing a few extra yards out of a play while carrying defenders,
Hmmm, I remember a back named Snowball from a long time ago. Was he a power back or a scat back??
Old 09-29-12, 10:52 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Hmmm, I remember a back named Snowball from a long time ago. Was he a power back or a scat back??
Good point. He was a power back.
Old 09-29-12, 12:09 PM
All Ohio

After seeing Nordonia pound us 38-0 last night I am sold on Nordonia. I've seen both teams play. With Nordonia's pressure on defense I think they will give Gotto fits ALL GAME. If Gotto can make plays through all the pressure they have a chance. Nordonia's passing attack is consistent. However you can have great shot in beating Nordonia with good secondary play. This will be a crazy game! I am suprised Alex Alders is just a sophomore. Scary. Nordonia has a left tackle that looks like he can start at any college, he is huge!

I think Nordonia wins a close one 24-21 over Tallmadge.
Old 09-29-12, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Nordonia no huddle will be shut down by tallmadge, nordonia not ready to play a team like tallmadge. Gotto is way to good and reality will set in.I am not sandbagging not thinking with my heart, thinking with my head , tallamdge 31-21.I wish nordonia can have a program as great as tallmadge.
Old 09-29-12, 12:39 PM
All Region

I am confused weekly by these posts.
Old 09-29-12, 12:43 PM
All Yappi

Talmadge is better than nordonia and congrat on your suburban league title again.
Old 09-29-12, 12:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Talmadge is better than nordonia and congrat on your suburban league title again.
Dude, it's not even close to over. Tallmadge has, arguably, the toughest game of the regular season this Friday. This might be the SL title game. Nordonia must be real. They're a good, good team; why are you saying it's over when no one else thinks it is?
Old 09-29-12, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStudentBody View Post
Dude, it's not even close to over. Tallmadge has, arguably, the toughest game of the regular season this Friday. This might be the SL title game. Nordonia must be real. They're a good, good team; why are you saying it's over when no one else thinks it is?
Playing the sarcastic poor us card
Old 09-29-12, 01:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Playing the sarcastic poor us card
Apparently, but that doesn't fly with me.