Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 11-15-12, 08:39 AM
All American

D. Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, An 11th-Grade Student, Canton McKinley High School (Northeast District)
An 11th-grade student transferred from Alliance Marlington High School to Canton McKinley High School for the 2012-13 school year. As a transfer student, the student became ineligible for interscholastic athletics for one year from the date of enrollment at Canton McKinley, and the Commissioner’s Office determined that none of the enumerated exceptions to Bylaw 4-7-2, Transfers, were applicable.
The student’s father and Adrian Allison, assistant superintendent for Canton City Schools, appealed the ruling so that the student could be eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics at Canton McKinley immediately. They testified that the move was not done to circumvent the transfer bylaw. Greg Malone, Canton McKinley athletic administrator, and Nick Evanich, Marlington athletic administrator, also attended the appeal.
In light of the new evidence that was presented, there was a motion to approve the appeal.
Motion passed 3-0.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-12, 09:55 PM
All Ohio

Curious... Anyone viewed any NBC scrimmages.

I saw South vs. Jackson and Norton, South handled both those teams, and I didn't see it, but I heard South handled Tuslaw and E. Canton tonight as well.

Marlington I am told will struggle. Forget who they played, but I guess it was bad!

Any other NBC scrimmages to report on? I am curious of Alliance and Salem if anyone has seen them?
Old 11-16-12, 09:54 AM
All Region

Seen Alliance with Toledo Christan and St Tom they will struggle agaim
Old 11-16-12, 07:54 PM
All Ohio

Hate to hear that.. do they have anything? How about the post player that played half the season. She was a nice player, I thought.
Old 11-16-12, 09:48 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho View Post
Curious... Anyone viewed any NBC scrimmages.

I saw South vs. Jackson and Norton, South handled both those teams, and I didn't see it, but I heard South handled Tuslaw and E. Canton tonight as well.

Marlington I am told will struggle. Forget who they played, but I guess it was bad!

Any other NBC scrimmages to report on? I am curious of Alliance and Salem if anyone has seen them?
A South dad I talked to said they handled E. Canton (which they should) but struggled with Tuslaw (actually he said Tusky Valley... but I guess he meant Tuslaw?). We have very different sources lol.
Old 11-17-12, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
A South dad I talked to said they handled E. Canton (which they should) but struggled with Tuslaw (actually he said Tusky Valley... but I guess he meant Tuslaw?). We have very different sources lol.
Checked with my source... South beat Tuslaw and E. Canton. They played T. Valley and Coshocton earlier this week. Beat Coshocton, struggled with T. Valley. So.. you are right about T. Valley, according to my source South lost every quarter and struggled with their posts inside. South beat Tuslaw, E. Canton, and Coshocton every quarter. I also heard South ran every quarter today vs. Fairless and Garfield. I was told Fairless is pretty good and has had South's #, but not today. Garfield I think has the former coach of St. Thomas (from what threads have said on here). He has Garfield playing hard, but told they will be lucky to win a game or two from my source.

Any other NBC scrimmages? All I seem to hear about is South. How is WB doing? What about 2 time defending champs Louisville? How about Carrollton, they are expected to fight for the league, or Minerva, etc... Any other NBC teams to report on about their scrimmages?
Old 11-17-12, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

Thanks... I couldn't remember the other team the person I talked to mentioned so figured I could have been missing something. Garfield can't be fixed in a few weeks, I'm sure Nash will do well there with time. Fairless is decent this year from what I hear
Old 11-17-12, 06:46 PM
All American

Well i read the whole thread waiting for the massillon whitmer game to start. Very entertaining.

A few things. Louisville will never leave the nbc as long as venuto is the ad. He is a strict no on joining the fed. It is fun to talk about though. We would pry get smacked in most years for the first 5-10 years like the previous poster said. Im for staying in the nbc cause i like winning in a whole season not just for 2 weeks in the tourney. I recognize our clear numbers advantages.

I havent been to a girls scrimmage but i heard the leps beat ravenna and twinsburg. I have also heard that both those programs are down so i have no clue what to take from it. Cant wait till next week at glenoak.
Old 11-17-12, 08:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Well i read the whole thread waiting for the massillon whitmer game to start. Very entertaining.

A few things. Louisville will never leave the nbc as long as venuto is the ad. He is a strict no on joining the fed. It is fun to talk about though. We would pry get smacked in most years for the first 5-10 years like the previous poster said. Im for staying in the nbc cause i like winning in a whole season not just for 2 weeks in the tourney. I recognize our clear numbers advantages.

I havent been to a girls scrimmage but i heard the leps beat ravenna and twinsburg. I have also heard that both those programs are down so i have no clue what to take from it. Cant wait till next week at glenoak.
Is the game vs. GlenOak a regular season game, or a foundation game? I thought they did away with the foundation games.
Old 11-17-12, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

LN, I'm pretty sure they haven't scrimmaged Twinsburg.. if they did, Twinsburg isn't state champ level Twinsburg, but "down" is relative, they're still very good. Ravenna was listed on their scrimmage schedule and yes they're somewhat "down" from their VERY good team last year. They've got good young players though.

thewho, that's both team's first regular season game.
Old 11-18-12, 07:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
LN, I'm pretty sure they haven't scrimmaged Twinsburg.. if they did, Twinsburg isn't state champ level Twinsburg, but "down" is relative, they're still very good. Ravenna was listed on their scrimmage schedule and yes they're somewhat "down" from their VERY good team last year. They've got good young players though.

Thanks... I may take that one in if it is in GlenOak.
Old 11-18-12, 10:57 AM
Freshman

Carrollton won all their scrimmage Qtrs. vs. Tusky Valley & Harrison Central on Sat. These Carrollton girls should be a very...very good team this season if they can keep it together. However, 14 HS girls in uniform for the upcoming season doesn't bode well for the program.
Old 11-18-12, 11:29 AM
All American

Quote:

may not have been a full scrimmage could have been with multiple teams idk. I heard revere beat twinsburg by 20 in a scrimmage and again i have no clue if thats true or what that means if it is true. I heard from a parent louisville played twinsburg though and beat them thats all i know. If you are referring to the schedules on ohsaa.org those do not have all there scrimmages on there. In fact the boys play their preview vs. Maple heights at jackson friday and its not on there last i checked.
Old 11-18-12, 01:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatter View Post
Carrollton won all their scrimmage Qtrs. vs. Tusky Valley & Harrison Central on Sat. These Carrollton girls should be a very...very good team this season if they can keep it together. However, 14 HS girls in uniform for the upcoming season doesn't bode well for the program.
My goal is to catch Carrollton and Minerva this upcoming season. I caught about all NBC and FL team but these two. I have heard alot of nice things about Carrollton girls. 14 kids, that is it?? Ouch... I am sure though they will be fine. Why is so low in #'s?
Old 11-18-12, 02:20 PM
All American

Not sure how West Branch has done in their scrimmages, but they've faced Hathaway Brown, Brecksville, Dover, Green, GlenOak, Hudson, and also a home scrimmage where there was 9 schools there...

So they're looking for any big mistakes to try and fix before the season starts it seems...

We'll see how it goes...I''ll look in to see how they've done...very interested actually

Also, Dover/Green was in same day and so was Hudson/GlenOak. Just so no one starts saying WB used more than 5 scrimmages
Old 11-19-12, 11:04 PM
All Yappi

LN, Don't know where you're getting your scrimmage reports from but your parent source was a bit off.... Twinsburg won all quarters but one where they played their JV kids til 1:30 left so they could have their starters play from behind. Twinsburg hasn't scrimmaged Revere at all. The fact that Louisville hung with Twinsburg at all is good news at any rate, Twinsburg will still be very good this year. Understood that the schedules aren't complete (they only listed one or two scrimmages for Louisville), just questioned the "Twinsburg lost to both" thing lol.
Old 11-19-12, 11:14 PM
All American

Quote:
LN, Don't know where you're getting your scrimmage reports from but your parent source was a bit off.... Twinsburg won all quarters but one where they played their JV kids til 1:30 left so they could have their starters play from behind. Twinsburg hasn't scrimmaged Revere at all. The fact that Louisville hung with Twinsburg at all is good news at any rate, Twinsburg will still be very good this year. Understood that the schedules aren't complete (they only listed one or two scrimmages for Louisville), just questioned the "Twinsburg lost to both" thing lol.
Correct, but Revere beat Twinsburg this summer...I know it's only summer, but it should give at least a little bit on the way your school's upcoming season will be just a bit...
Old 11-20-12, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Summer games don't mean a whole lot warriors, you should know that with your coaching experience. Revere has some good young players from what I have heard, but the first of many questions that comes to mind there is who all was/wasn't there for twinsburg?
Old 11-21-12, 12:41 PM
All American

I understand that, which is why i said "i understand it's only summer" , but it still can tell you the direction of what your program is going in. A lot of variables come in when it comes to summer to actual season, but it should at least give the general fan an idea of where a particular program may be heading compared to the season and/or summer before...
Old 11-21-12, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

True... and Revere's obviously improving, I agree.
Old 11-22-12, 05:46 PM
All American

Now, back to the topic of the thread, which is NBC basketball. Just so people know, West Branch played very well against Hathaway Brown and Mentor, and did okay against GlenOak and Hudson. Not telling you if they actually beat anyone in these scrimmages, because I'd like people to focus on the regular season, which starts tomorrow.
Old 11-22-12, 06:05 PM
All American

season opener for each school(that i could find)

November 23rd

Canton Central Catholic 39, Canton South 25

November 24th

Louisville 59, GlenOak 57 (OT)
Canfield 65, Marlington 40
Minerva 38, Fairless 32
Crestview 45, Salem 34
West Branch 67, Ursuline 19

November 26th

Indian Creek at Carrollton
Canton South at Dover

November 27th

Minerva 63, Edison 22

November 28th

Carrollton at Claymont
GlenOak at Marlington
Lake at Louisville
Salem at United

November 29th

Alliance at Rootstown

Last edited by warriors378; 11-28-12 at 08:13 AM..
Old 11-22-12, 08:00 PM
All Ohio

I will be taking in the GlenOak vs. Louisville game. I would like to see the CC vs. C. South game. I think I would have to give the edge to CC. I saw them last year, and thought they were pretty good, and didn't they get a player from McK. or somewhere around here that is really good? I thought I read she was going to a division I school in Florida. Having a player like that with a decent team (going on what I saw last year), it will be hard for South to beat them. My opinion.

As for the game I will see. I am curious to see my home town golden eagles. As I have said before, I was not happy at the GO game I attended last year. I saw Lousville last year, I know they have lost alot. I think I would give the edge to GO do to all that Louisville lost, but either way, I think it will be a good Saturday afternoon game!
Old 11-22-12, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

Going to see McK-Rogers and Central-South tomorrow... great way to start the season ... still pondering Saturday's choice but lots of good 'first games' there too. thewho, GlenOak has a lot of experience back, they'll be alright. Louisville will be better than people think imho... they've got a group of seniors who have been out to prove they're as good/better than last year's seniors and now's their chance to do just that. We'll see how it turns out
Old 11-23-12, 08:15 PM
Freshman

The Alliance-Rootstown game nov. 29 is @ Rootstown.
Old 11-23-12, 10:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Going to see McK-Rogers and Central-South tomorrow... great way to start the season ... still pondering Saturday's choice but lots of good 'first games' there too. thewho, GlenOak has a lot of experience back, they'll be alright. Louisville will be better than people think imho... they've got a group of seniors who have been out to prove they're as good/better than last year's seniors and now's their chance to do just that. We'll see how it turns out
Well.. took in the south game. I wish I would have just saved my money and caught South and CC another time. McGal... I am curious your comments before i comment. Please... take the floor first my friend!
Old 11-23-12, 10:52 PM
All Yappi

thanks so much for leaving it to me... disappointed I guess would be my comment. Central played very well (outside of missing a ton of ft's) obviously especially on the defensive end, but South is certainly a 'jekyll and hyde' team so far this year it appears
Old 11-23-12, 11:17 PM
All American

Who played well for CCC?
Old 11-23-12, 11:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecity View Post
Who played well for CCC?
Choc. no one was a stand out for CCC in my opinion. Dodson, was probably their leading scorer, however, she missed tons of shots and was not too good from the line.

This was the ugliest game I have ever seen. McGal, I thought South played good defense and had a good game plan as CCC missed alot of perimeter shots. South though did give up a few second shots that led to pts. Rebounding an issue for South.

I felt no true rythem (spelling) from either team. I do not point fingers at officials, but goodness, I was surprised it took the South coach 8 seconds left in the game to get a T. That game was sooo inconsistently called it was unreal. I have seen better officiated games.

Either way, despite the officials, that was ugly. If I am basing this off one game, South will maybe win 8 games this season, CCC is a 11-13 game winner. My opinion.
Old 11-24-12, 12:44 AM
All Yappi

I would disagree on the defense from South... the box and 1 to start served its purpose well but sitting in a 2-3 wasn't getting it done and they stuck with it far too long. Central adjusted relatively quickly and shredded most of what South threw at them.

I agree on the rhythm/energy of the game but I disagree that that was on the officials. I thought it was ok officiating overall. Not stellar, but not bad and it certainly didn't decide the game. South's lack of any sort of offense/Central's defensive effort was much more the deciding factor.