Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-12, 07:23 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Posts: 9,261
redskin17
Anderson @ Loveland

Loveland coming off 3 straight shut outs, can they keep it up? Anderson averaging 30 points and 400 yrds a game on Offense. Loveland giving up only 157 yrds and 12 points per game. Something will give.

If Loveland can keep their D up they should win. Last years game was close with Anderson turning the ball over 3 times.

If and that is a big If, Anderson can win this game I think they can win out in conference play.

Thought on the game?

Let's see if we can keep the thread about these two teams and game only.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-24-12, 08:31 AM
The One and Only The One and Only is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Posts: 773
The One and Only is on a distinguished road
Big game for both teams. Anderson looking to get back in the playoff hunt and Loveland looking to stay undefeated in the ECC.

Unfortunately I don't see Anderson's D stopping the Loveland O that often and I see the Loveland D making key stops in this one.

Loveland 24-7
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-12, 08:40 AM
CaRdsForLife CaRdsForLife is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-05
Location: Colerain 31 X 28
Posts: 10,038
CaRdsForLife is on a distinguished road
What is Anderson's record?


Is there a link to there conference standings?

Last edited by CaRdsForLife; 09-24-12 at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-12, 08:43 AM
tonka tonka is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-05-05
Posts: 302
tonka
I agree 1 and only. I think the Loveland D is really going to flex their muscle in this one and Ricci and Peters will continue to ground out yards and play keep away.

My prediction is 20-7 Tigers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-12, 09:03 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Posts: 9,261
redskin17
Does Loveland have an offense that can keep up with Anderson if they get it rolling? Is Loveland's D as good as Sycamore and Lakota West? Is Lebannon's O as good as Anderson's?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-12, 09:15 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,284
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Anderson has alot of offensive weapons,,throwing and running. Definitely won't be a shutout this week for Loveland. Anderson in a mild upset 24-20.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-12, 10:02 AM
The One and Only The One and Only is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Posts: 773
The One and Only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRdsForLife View Post
What is Anderson's record?


Is there a link to there conference standings?
Anderson is 2-3 (2-0 in the ECC)

Standings are at www.eccsports.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-12, 10:10 AM
CaRdsForLife CaRdsForLife is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-05
Location: Colerain 31 X 28
Posts: 10,038
CaRdsForLife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
Anderson is 2-3 (2-0 in the ECC)

Standings are at www.eccsports.com
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-12, 02:17 PM
EagleNation1 EagleNation1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Posts: 649
EagleNation1 is on a distinguished road
Anderson wins this one 21-14
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-24-12, 05:29 PM
scoreboard scoreboard is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-12
Posts: 392
scoreboard is on a distinguished road
loveland 45-7
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-24-12, 05:38 PM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
loveland 45-7
Scoreboard please go away until next week, Then you will get yours but until then good luck with Aiken or whatever powerhouse you have on your schedule. Now back to the game at hand. I think this should be a great game matching the ECC best D against the ECC best O and the winner wins the confrence. I'm going with Anderson 21-17. Good luck to both.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-24-12, 05:40 PM
scoreboard scoreboard is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-12
Posts: 392
scoreboard is on a distinguished road
Please come back to reality
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-24-12, 05:58 PM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
Please come back to reality
You will see your reality next week so until then PLEASE go troll somewhere else or start your own thread with Hughes. You have been tied with Wyoming going into the 4th quarter and with GE at half and you are still so arrogannt and cocky???? I just don't get it??? Your setting yourself up for a VERY HARD FALL.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-24-12, 06:03 PM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Posts: 9,261
redskin17
Don't worry scoreboard will be gone soon, like every other Turpin poster that has come on here in the past
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-24-12, 06:45 PM
Buckeye 63 Buckeye 63 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-03-12
Posts: 16
Buckeye 63 is on a distinguished road
Anderson's offense will score but Loveland's defense will slow them down. Anderson's defense will not slow Loveland down enough to win.

Loveland 28-21
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-24-12, 06:45 PM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
Big game for both teams. Anderson looking to get back in the playoff hunt and Loveland looking to stay undefeated in the ECC.

Unfortunately I don't see Anderson's D stopping the Loveland O that often and I see the Loveland D making key stops in this one.

Loveland 24-7
In the "For what it's worth catagory" We have a young defense that got bloodied up pretty well the first 2 games and since has been getting better every week. Against LW we were down 7-0 at half against a very shortfield and only 1 td in the 3rd and finally the Big O-Line wore us down in the 4th. The next week against WH gave up 1 first half TD and 2 in the second half but 1 of those was after an interception return to the 11. Then last week gave up a td on the opening drive and that was it. The other 2 came when Milford played the entire 4th quarter with there starting O vs. are JV defense. Were not Lovelands D don't get me wrong but the D definately is getting better EVERY week.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-24-12, 07:05 PM
scoreboard scoreboard is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-12
Posts: 392
scoreboard is on a distinguished road
Please explain how the 2,998 team in the country is going to beat 990 not to mention 670. I have seen Anderson play and to be honest with you if they are within 21 points of Loveland I will not post the week after the turpin game. I really dont know what you guys are watching at your game each week. It is Brutal at best. Mcfly wake up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-24-12, 07:17 PM
skinsfan1 skinsfan1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-06-08
Posts: 69
skinsfan1 is on a distinguished road
If the 'Skins want to have a chance this week they must clean up the turnovers and penalties. The last two weeks they have been awful in both areas.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-24-12, 07:28 PM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
Please explain how the 2,998 team in the country is going to beat 990 not to mention 670. I have seen Anderson play and to be honest with you if they are within 21 points of Loveland I will not post the week after the turpin game. I really dont know what you guys are watching at your game each week. It is Brutal at best. Mcfly wake up.
Maybe the same way team 7000 took your juggernaut tied into the 4th quarter. Please just go away until next week when your team has pee running down there legs trying to figure out how to beat a team in which they haven't in 25 years. Like I have told you many times until you beat us keep your mouth shut and if you ever do then you can talk.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-24-12, 07:33 PM
scoreboard scoreboard is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-12
Posts: 392
scoreboard is on a distinguished road
I really want to know what you are watching each week.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-24-12, 07:37 PM
JBaller JBaller is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-08-03
Posts: 3,595
JBaller
Loveland is very stout defensively and Anderson is very poor offensively. Loveland wins 17-7.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-24-12, 08:03 PM
The One and Only The One and Only is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Posts: 773
The One and Only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused Dad View Post
In the "For what it's worth catagory" We have a young defense that got bloodied up pretty well the first 2 games and since has been getting better every week. Against LW we were down 7-0 at half against a very shortfield and only 1 td in the 3rd and finally the Big O-Line wore us down in the 4th. The next week against WH gave up 1 first half TD and 2 in the second half but 1 of those was after an interception return to the 11. Then last week gave up a td on the opening drive and that was it. The other 2 came when Milford played the entire 4th quarter with there starting O vs. are JV defense. Were not Lovelands D don't get me wrong but the D definately is getting better EVERY week.
I agree with you. You have a very optimistic way of looking at things. I'm as big of an Anderson supporter as there is, but in order for Anderson to win they have to play their best game of the year thus far.

Do they have the potential to do so? Absolutely, problem is I haven't seen them firing on all cylinders yet so I can't assume they will on Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-24-12, 08:26 PM
moosern moosern is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-01-11
Posts: 161
moosern is on a distinguished road
Nice to see Anderson finally score more than one TD in the second half. Scoring 30 points per game is great unless you're giving up 36 as Anderson is. Unfortunately when you're a one half team going up against a full game team, you typically will lose (I know this too well). Anderson will get their first ECC loss this week.

Last edited by moosern; 09-24-12 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-24-12, 09:01 PM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Posts: 9,261
redskin17
Jballer please clarify your comment, Anderson is the number offense in the ecc.

Moose you are getting as bad as scoreboard
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-24-12, 09:59 PM
moosern moosern is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-01-11
Posts: 161
moosern is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Jballer please clarify your comment, Anderson is the number offense in the ecc.

Moose you are getting as bad as scoreboard
Just for that, I hope Turpin blows you out. Nice try though, having the number one offense doesn't make up for having the second worse defense. Nor does it change that Anderson has been unimpressive (I'm being quite nice) in the second half this season. Anderson has been outscored 111-50 in the second half this year with 26 of their points being scored against Milford. I know all too well what a one half team is, I watch one every week. I saw Anderson die in the second half against Walnut Hills. If their running backs and recievers can't catch a defensive lineman within 75 yards, there's a big problem. This will be the best defense against the best offense. Bottom line, points are points, doesn't matter how they're scored. The team with the most at the end of the game wins. Loveland will wear Anderson out in the first half, and will have their way with them in the second half.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-24-12, 10:39 PM
wildbill044 wildbill044 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-04
Location: milford,OH
Posts: 2,248
wildbill044
from Loveland. Watched Anderson last week. Anyone other than Milford beats that team. If Milford had ANY kind of passing game it would have been much closer. From what I hear, Loveland is really smackin that D's a s s this year.

Loveland 28
Anderson 7
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-24-12, 11:24 PM
JBaller JBaller is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-08-03
Posts: 3,595
JBaller
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Jballer please clarify your comment, Anderson is the number offense in the ecc.

Moose you are getting as bad as scoreboard
That's a product of playing Withrow, Walnut Hills, and Milford. I would venture to say that Milford is the worst D1 high school football team, in Ohio, that I have ever seen and I don't think it's close. You guys put up 635 yards against them, so that is a major chunk of your average. Against Sycamore, Anderson only put up 220 yards of offense, 4.3 yards per play, and 7 points in garbage time. Against Lakota West, Anderson only put up 245 yards, 7 points, and 3.7 yards per play. Granted, those are two D1 playoff teams, but both of those teams do not have exceptional defenses. Against the only quality competition played, Anderson struggled mightily to move the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-25-12, 05:41 AM
redskin17 redskin17 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-11-05
Posts: 9,261
redskin17
Baller while I can respect what you are saying, I would say the only offense that was good this season so far that Loveland played put 42 points on them. Kings and Glen Este the the lowest scoring teams in the ECC, and it isn't even close. Also If I remember correctly Anderson waas in Sycamore territoy most of the 1st half, just could not convert.


Moose, give it up already, it was 40-14 at the half. Yeah Walnut made a come back, but the game was over at half
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-25-12, 06:08 AM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
I agree with you. You have a very optimistic way of looking at things. I'm as big of an Anderson supporter as there is, but in order for Anderson to win they have to play their best game of the year thus far.

Do they have the potential to do so? Absolutely, problem is I haven't seen them firing on all cylinders yet so I can't assume they will on Friday.
Agreed it will have to be the best game they have played to date but as long as the D continues to improve I will remain optimistic because the offense has playmakers as long as we can cut down on the penalties and take a little bit better care of the ball then everything should work itself out. We can play one game of who beat who to get a feel which probabley means nothing BUT Lebanon smacked Loveland pretty good and Cenerville beat Lebanon by I think 16 and they only beat Withrow by a TD. Does it mean anything??? Probabley not but I'm Just Sayin!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-25-12, 08:06 AM
Confused Dad Confused Dad is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-09-08
Posts: 830
Confused Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
That's a product of playing Withrow, Walnut Hills, and Milford. I would venture to say that Milford is the worst D1 high school football team, in Ohio, that I have ever seen and I don't think it's close. You guys put up 635 yards against them, so that is a major chunk of your average. Against Sycamore, Anderson only put up 220 yards of offense, 4.3 yards per play, and 7 points in garbage time. Against Lakota West, Anderson only put up 245 yards, 7 points, and 3.7 yards per play. Granted, those are two D1 playoff teams, but both of those teams do not have exceptional defenses. Against the only quality competition played, Anderson struggled mightily to move the ball.
JBaller I know you aren't aware of this so to enlighten you a bit against LW Bradley was held out the first quarter and Polick the entire game which means we played the entire game without 2 of our 5 starting linemen. I don't know if that had any effect on our offense, what do you think? We still probabley would not have beat them but pretty sure when your playing without 40% of your line 1 of them being D-1 caliber it may have slowed us down a bit?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.