Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Brunswick 17 85.00%
Strongsville 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-12, 01:26 PM
All Ohio

Week 8 Brunswick @ Strongsville poll

Rivalry time! Who wins this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-12, 01:43 PM
All Region

HOPEFULLY Brunswick 42-0.
Old 10-10-12, 10:34 AM
All Ohio

Golly, NO INTEREST in this once strong rivalry!

When Brunswick Superintendent Mike Mayell said he thought this rivalry was getting too heated and he wanted to cool it down, he meant make it go away. Dang....

I remember having stuff thrown at me when I used to drive my tractor up to St.rongsville for this game. I guess all of the St.rongsville folks have moved on to St. Ignatious.

Anyhow, Go Blue Devils! Beat the Geldings!
Old 10-10-12, 11:11 AM
All World

The stangs head off to the glue factory....

Brunswick 47
Victims 7
Old 10-10-12, 11:29 AM
All American

Good luck Blue Devils!
Old 10-10-12, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozedad View Post
Golly, NO INTEREST in this once strong rivalry!

When Brunswick Superintendent Mike Mayell said he thought this rivalry was getting too heated and he wanted to cool it down, he meant make it go away. Dang....

I remember having stuff thrown at me when I used to drive my tractor up to St.rongsville for this game. I guess all of the St.rongsville folks have moved on to St. Ignatious.

Anyhow, Go Blue Devils! Beat the Geldings!
brunswick tradition needs to come back and fast! The strongsville rivalry is dying down, making the playoffs seems to be a thing of the past, and excellent coaching is seemingly gone. I expect some changes next year that will help restore brunswick tradition
Old 10-10-12, 01:38 PM
All Region

i remember when we chanted "START YOUR TRACTORS" when we were beating the crap out of Strongsville. good times good times
Old 10-10-12, 01:42 PM
All Region

What a shame, there used to be some classic games. I remember several in terrible rain storms. Too bad Strongsville is worthless. I hope they keep coach jaques for years to come!
Go Blue Devils!
Old 10-10-12, 03:45 PM
All Ohio

Dang, can't even get any Gelding fans to comment on here, even when we insult them.....
Old 10-10-12, 03:57 PM
All Region

i think brunswick is/was/and always will be better than Strongsville. has strongsville ever made the state finals? NO..have we..YES..has strongsville ever made the state final four...NO...have we...YES! this rivalry is better than the Medina-Brunswick rivalry that has grown...we don't hate Medina as much as Strongsville..this game needs to return to its week 10 roots..just for old times sake!
Old 10-10-12, 05:42 PM
All Ohio

I agree 100% ^
Old 10-10-12, 05:50 PM
All Region

i haven't been to the Brunswick/Strongsville game @ strongsville in a long time because those bozos sell only 1000 tickets cuz they know we'll bring alot of people and they have puny little away stands.
Old 10-10-12, 06:08 PM
All Region

I voted for Strongsville, because I didn't think anyone else would . . . . . .
Old 10-10-12, 06:45 PM
All Region

actually 3 people voted for Strongsville..too bad it'll be a complete BLOWOUT!!!!!!GO BRUNSWICK!
Old 10-12-12, 09:17 AM
All Ohio

Was at the Freshman game yesterday afternoon, Strongsville waxed us. Hope that is not a portent of things to come....

The scary thing about this game is Strongsville will see this game as the only chance to redeem their season.

Good Luck and Good Health to All, tonight!

Go Blue Devils!
Old 10-12-12, 09:38 AM
All Ohio

The freshman team for brunswick has not been impressive this year. ^
Old 10-12-12, 09:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwickBlueDevil View Post
i think brunswick is/was/and always will be better than Strongsville. has strongsville ever made the state finals? NO..have we..YES..has strongsville ever made the state final four...NO...have we...YES! this rivalry is better than the Medina-Brunswick rivalry that has grown...we don't hate Medina as much as Strongsville..this game needs to return to its week 10 roots..just for old times sake!
In all fairness... there is a HUGE difference between being in R1 versus R2. Don't kid yourselves Brunstuckians... having Massillon and McKinley as 'Heavyweights' is NOTHING like having Iggy and Ed's.
Old 10-12-12, 12:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
In all fairness... there is a HUGE difference between being in R1 versus R2. Don't kid yourselves Brunstuckians... having Massillon and McKinley as 'Heavyweights' is NOTHING like having Iggy and Ed's.
Soooooo true. Again good luck!
Old 10-12-12, 12:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwickBlueDevil View Post
I grew up in Strongsville and went to Ignatius but I think you are getting ahead of yourself. No doubt Brunswick making the Final 4 and a state title appearance gives them a nod, but Strongsville had some good teams in the 90s. As EastYoungstown pointed out, the Mustangs had to go through Ignatius when Ignatius owned Region 1.

I don't believe any of those Strongsville teams would have won a state title but they had some good talent.

As for this year's game, Brunswick wins easily 42-6.
Old 10-12-12, 02:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
I grew up in Strongsville and went to Ignatius but I think you are getting ahead of yourself. No doubt Brunswick making the Final 4 and a state title appearance gives them a nod, but Strongsville had some good teams in the 90s. As EastYoungstown pointed out, the Mustangs had to go through Ignatius when Ignatius owned Region 1.

I don't believe any of those Strongsville teams would have won a state title but they had some good talent.

As for this year's game, Brunswick wins easily 42-6.
thats true but Brunswick wouldn't have even made the State finals if Colerain hadn't used that ineligible player.
Old 10-12-12, 09:53 PM
All American

Congrats!
Old 10-13-12, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Thank you Football Queen, I know you appreciate the L2 points!

Congrats to the Blue devils for their win over a determined Strongsville team. The T shirts were nice too! This is the way a rivalry game should be.

Strongsville hung tough and had the lead after 3 quarters, but Brunswick scored to take the lead on the first play of the 4th quarter. They stopped Strongsville on 4th down with about 4 minutes left, then Nick Roberts scored from 32 yards out on 4th and 1 to seal the win.

Is that 4 in a row over the Geldings?

Nice win Blue Devils!