Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 09-15-12, 03:20 PM
Varsity

Roundball Fan is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio Point Guards

Who will be some of the best point guards in Southwest Ohio this upcoming season? Whether shooting guards or combo guards. Obviously Kelsey Mitchell will top the list, but who are some of the others?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-12, 06:43 PM
All American

32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Isn't the freshmen at CHCA supposed to be top in the state for her grade?
Old 10-04-12, 12:29 PM
Varsity

Jizzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32minutesofpressure View Post
Isn't the freshmen at CHCA supposed to be top in the state for her grade?
Would you happen to know the freshmen's name?
Old 10-04-12, 02:35 PM
All Ohio

buckeye kid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
Would you happen to know the freshmen's name?
Celina King
Old 10-05-12, 07:45 PM
All American

32minutesofpressure is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye kid View Post
Celina King
That is her. I couldn't think of her name. Is she as good as advertised?
Old 10-08-12, 06:24 AM
Junior Varsity

maxwell86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball Fan View Post
Who will be some of the best point guards in Southwest Ohio this upcoming season? Whether shooting guards or combo guards. Obviously Kelsey Mitchell will top the list, but who are some of the others?
It's probably not the right thing to say about a 14 year old girl but the answer to your question is "NO." A good fundamental player but not a difference maker or play maker. Ive seen her play alot this summer and that was my take.
Old 10-08-12, 07:32 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell86 View Post
It's probably not the right thing to say about a 14 year old girl but the answer to your question is "NO." A good fundamental player but not a difference maker or play maker. Ive seen her play alot this summer and that was my take.
I would have to question putting a freshman who hasn't played a varsity minute yet in that category. I haven't seen her play, but, I have seen kids that standout in junior high end up being average players when everyone else catches up to them. Some kids are early bloomers who "flatten out" as they get older. My daughter played against Kelsey Mitchell in the 7th and 8th grade and she obviously is the exception. Again, I haven't seen the King girl play-she may end up being another Kelsey Mitchell, I just can't put a girl who hasn't played a varsity minute in that group yet.
Old 10-10-12, 12:12 PM
Varsity

HS BBALL FAN is on a distinguished road
Guards

Quote:
Kelsey Mitchell #1 hands down! The rest in no particular order- Lauren Cannetalli(sp. sorry) West, Sidney Franklin East, Ali Schirmer Ursuline...I'm sure there's more!
Old 10-11-12, 07:44 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS BBALL FAN View Post
Kelsey Mitchell #1 hands down! The rest in no particular order- Lauren Cannetalli(sp. sorry) West, Sidney Franklin East, Ali Schirmer Ursuline...I'm sure there's more!
Cannatelli won't be playing the point. West has a transfer from Hamilton that will be running the point for them. Pretty good player. It will free Cannatelli up to play the two which is her strength. They could be pretty good this year.
Old 10-11-12, 08:30 AM
Freshman

Moose10 is on a distinguished road
Jenna Brown from Edgewood. She is a Freshman or a Soph. I saw her play this summer! She seems to be the real deal.
Old 10-11-12, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose10 View Post
Jenna Brown from Edgewood. She is a Freshman or a Soph. I saw her play this summer! She seems to be the real deal.
Jenna is a sophomore. Good player. Plays out of control at times and has issues with conditioning due to asthma I believe. If she could learn to play in control, she would be a much better player.
Old 10-12-12, 05:36 AM
Junior Varsity

ggclhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jenna is a sophomore. Good player. Plays out of control at times and has issues with conditioning due to asthma I believe. If she could learn to play in control, she would be a much better player.
I watched her play at the OGBR 64 and she looked good. I also thought Laura Canatelli, Emily Vogelpohl and Ali Shirmer played well. Im not sure what position Cadace Satterwhite, either 1 or 2, but she played ok
Old 10-14-12, 09:41 AM
Freshman

big m is on a distinguished road
Hamilton gone have a gud PG this yr freshman from the lady tigets
Old 10-15-12, 07:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by big m View Post
Hamilton gone have a gud PG this yr freshman from the lady tigets
Seriously??????????
Old 10-15-12, 11:03 AM
Varsity

HS BBALL FAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cannatelli won't be playing the point. West has a transfer from Hamilton that will be running the point for them. Pretty good player. It will free Cannatelli up to play the two which is her strength. They could be pretty good this year.
West also had a couple jv players (guards) last season that should contribute.

Jenna Brown fro Edgewood is the real deal and so is Emily Vogelpohl

Evryone will always pay attention to Mitchell, but Princeton also has a freshman that's tough. Her first name Markayla(sp.)- has tools to be great.
Old 10-15-12, 12:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS BBALL FAN View Post
West also had a couple jv players (guards) last season that should contribute.

Jenna Brown fro Edgewood is the real deal and so is Emily Vogelpohl

Evryone will always pay attention to Mitchell, but Princeton also has a freshman that's tough. Her first name Markayla(sp.)- has tools to be great.
Markayla Sherman, good player..plays on a Cincy Finest AAU team loaded with talent. i think most every girl on that team played varisty last year as freshmen or at the very least jv
Old 10-15-12, 06:21 PM
Freshman

C_J Ballin is on a distinguished road
Is this thread about PG's, SG's, or combo guards?

I think Chelsey Welch may well be the best true PG/Leader in the region. She was exposed to have a weaker right hand against Twinsburg with Morrisette guarding her and forcing her right. I mean really taking the left side of the floor away. And even with that she scored but it was difficult for her to create as easily for her teammates. You have to look at Alexis Gassion as the best SG in the area as well. Kelsey Mitchell is definately the best player of the 3 and can play either spot. I only put Gassion in there because I see her playing the 2 in college. I see Spurlock from Hamilton and Edwards from Middletown as good combo guards as well. Centerville has a nice guard but i really question her ability to shoot the ball. During the tournament last year she didn't seem to be able to shoot from outside. Ali Schirmer is looking good at Ursiline and there is a definate buzz around Emily Vogelpohl of McAuley. I think Kelley Wiegman of Mercy is definately an underated player in the region as well.
Old 10-16-12, 03:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_J Ballin View Post
I think Chelsey Welch may well be the best true PG/Leader in the region. She was exposed to have a weaker right hand against Twinsburg with Morrisette guarding her and forcing her right. I mean really taking the left side of the floor away. And even with that she scored but it was difficult for her to create as easily for her teammates. You have to look at Alexis Gassion as the best SG in the area as well. Kelsey Mitchell is definately the best player of the 3 and can play either spot. I only put Gassion in there because I see her playing the 2 in college. I see Spurlock from Hamilton and Edwards from Middletown as good combo guards as well. Centerville has a nice guard but i really question her ability to shoot the ball. During the tournament last year she didn't seem to be able to shoot from outside. Ali Schirmer is looking good at Ursiline and there is a definate buzz around Emily Vogelpohl of McAuley. I think Kelley Wiegman of Mercy is definately an underated player in the region as well.
Schirmer is listed at 5'2. Is this correct? I know she has excellent handles, is she a combo guard or strictly a distributor?
Old 10-16-12, 04:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Schirmer is listed at 5'2. Is this correct? I know she has excellent handles, is she a combo guard or strictly a distributor?
i would say more of a distributor..she attacks the basket and dishes..although can finish near the basket and has a decent jump shot..
Old 10-16-12, 10:46 PM
Freshman

baller1935 is on a distinguished road
I like Ericka Fitzpatrick out of Mt Healthy. Super quick lefty. She can get to the basket and finish at 5'3. This girl lives on the free throw line.
Old 10-17-12, 04:26 PM
Freshman

I-75 is on a distinguished road
Its a sophmore point guard at summit country day tht played really well at the top 64, last name barnard she is a solid guard with great on the ball defense, i think she played up for the cinti ladytigers this summer!!
Old 11-15-12, 09:51 AM
All Ohio

dog
Quote:
I agree Jenna Brown is a good player and she plays entense defense as well. But she can get out of control.
Old 11-15-12, 04:20 PM
Varsity

tomjr608 is on a distinguished road
Meghan Miller-- Middletown Madison
Old 11-16-12, 08:41 AM
All American

middieforever3 is on a distinguished road
Nobody on this list compares to Kelsey Mitchell. Not even close