Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Volleyball

Notices

Old 11-01-12, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x470...-two-more-wins

Interesting read... looks like Jackson may have it tougher with the new regional alignment than if they had stayed here and played at Hudson?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-12, 07:03 PM
All American

Darksider_99 is on a distinguished road
Jackson won in 3 on to the Elite 8.
Old 11-01-12, 07:15 PM
All District

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x470...-two-more-wins

Interesting read... looks like Jackson may have it tougher with the new regional alignment than if they had stayed here and played at Hudson?
That's not necessarily true, consider the only team that Jackson lost to is playing at Hudson.
Old 11-01-12, 09:51 PM
All American

Jackson volleyball advances to regional title game

The middle of the Jackson High School volleyball team had no holes Thursday night in battling Dublin Coffman in a Hilliard Division I regional semifinal.

The rest of the Polar Bears filled in nicely around seniors Paige Hill and Jen Slogar. Kristin Cardwell ripped off five service points to break open Game 2. Cardwell was aided by two kills from Maddy Busch and one from freshman Brooke Bailey, who had eight in the match.

Rachel Siefert then came through with a stunning eight points and two aces in Game 3 to shove Coffman into an 11-1 hole. Seifert finished with three aces in scoring a dozen points.

Though Coffman came back to tie at 17-17 and 20-20, it never led as Hill came through with clutch kills on both Shamrock opportunities for the lead.

“That was huge,” Walck said. “I thought we kind of got nervous there, missed a couple of serves, and it hurt us.”

Seifert also had 10 digs. Laura Kelly led with 16 digs as the back row handled Coffman’s hitting. With Cardwell contributing 26 assists, Jackson’s passing game was on, too.

“I think (Jackson) played really well,” Souder said. “I think they’re good all-around. They’re big. Their defense is really good. So is their serve-receive and their passing.

“Their passing was great.”

“I thought we prepared so well,” Walck said. “I thought the girls prepared for themselves as well as they prepared for the coaching staff.”

Hill and Slogar combined for a dozen blocks and 18 kills to lead Jackson to a dominating 25-20, 25-20, 25-22 sweep of the Shamrocks to advance to Saturday’s 2 p.m. final.

Jackson improved to 26-1 in reaching the regional championship game for a second straight season.

“We did a lot of middle work preparing for this game, and it paid off.” said Hill. “Me and Jen knew exactly what we had to do.

“(Coffman) is great, no doubt about it. There was such great intensity tonight, it was awesome.”

The team that traveled the farthest and had a week off played surprisingly loose. Coffman could not say the same as it fell behind early in Games 1 and 3 and couldn’t dig itself out of those holes.

“We had a lot of jitters, we were tense early,” Coffman head coach Mary Anne Souder said. “We really didn’t have an answer for Paige Hill. We knew that coming in.

“We tried to go around her, but you can’t. She’s pretty good.”

Hill sent Coffman’s first swing of the night right back, then scorched a kill on Jackson’s first serve by senior Karlie DiRuzza to set the tone for the match.

“Paige was very dominating,” Jackson head coach Jeff Walck said. “Jen played really well. Jen was probably a fingertip away from being awesome.

“She just missed some balls, and when she started moving her feet, she had a ton of blocks.”

The bigger Polar Bears did much of their scoring from the middle. They also did well on their serve, and their serve-receive game was so strong the Shamrocks had trouble putting together much offense until they were down 11-1 in Game 3.

In 35 serve opportunities, Coffman scored more than a point just six times. All but three of those came late in Game 3.

Jackson, on the other hand, put together nine runs of more than two points. Kate Regas had four in Game 1 to to put Jackson on top, the last a Slogar block for game point.

“We’ve been working so hard on our blocking, me and Paige,” Slogar said. “We were so excited all day, so excited to play.”
Old 11-01-12, 10:10 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
WTG Bears and pcbuck, true enough.. didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-12, 07:09 AM
All District

It's all good is on a distinguished road
That was really quality VB, we beat a really good team. Saturday will be a great match. One point at a time. Good luck Ladies !!
Old 11-02-12, 07:17 AM
All District

Walsh v Kenston, Jackson v Pickerington N.

Any predictions out there?

I am sure that CC will pick N Canton to win both matches. Good luck Ladies, Saturday will have some great VB.
Old 11-02-12, 07:46 AM
Freshman

crashnburn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's all good View Post

I am sure that CC will pick N Canton to win both matches. Good luck Ladies, Saturday will have some great VB.
Predicting Walsh over Kenston, Jackson and Pickerington North I'm not sure I can pick. Both have solid teams, tall, powerful hitters and outstanding setters.....If both teams play to their potential it should be an exciting match. I'm gonna give Jackson the edge.

Huge upset by Lakota East over Cinci Mt Notre Dame last night. A lot of people, myself included, had them winning it all. This really opens it up. Lakota East or Cincinnati Ursuline will come out of that region, I'm guessing Lakota East.

And in the NW we have Toledo St. Ursula vs North Royalton...picking TSUA to come out of there.
Old 11-02-12, 10:26 AM
All District

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Jackson. Good luck against Pickerington.
Looks like #3 vs #5 in the latest poll.
I'm sure Jeff will have the girls ready as usual.
Old 11-02-12, 04:59 PM
All American

ccrunner4815
Quote:

Wow...what is that all about..?

I congratulated the Polar Bears on their District win and wished them well the rest of the way in the tournament.

I think "It's all good" may have cursed the Polar Bears with some "BAD KARMA" with that comment!
Old 11-03-12, 03:42 PM
Freshman

volleyballobserver is on a distinguished road
Seems Jackson has made the State finals with a 3-2 win over Pickerington according to ohsaa web site. Great job !
Old 11-03-12, 03:49 PM
Freshman

volleyballobserver is on a distinguished road
State bound

They await winner of Hudson regional tonight at 7 Walsh or Kenston.
Old 11-03-12, 06:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballobserver View Post
Seems Jackson has made the State finals with a 3-2 win over Pickerington according to ohsaa web site. Great job !
Semi Finals. Way to go Jackson!
Old 11-03-12, 06:08 PM
Go Truckers!

Comet is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Jackson. I was tired of hearing the disrespect for Jackson over the last two seasons. To the Jackson ladies, you're two games away from your ultimate goal. Best of luck ladies, I'm pulling for you!
Old 11-03-12, 08:27 PM
All District

PurpleGold is on a distinguished road
It was a great VB match today. Either team could have one but the Bears really rallied in the 4th and 5th games and won it with tough blocks and kills. Congratulations Lady Bears! Now go get Walsh this time
Old 11-03-12, 08:53 PM
Freshman

vballbears82 is on a distinguished road
Walsh or Kenston?

On JJHuddle someone posted that Kenston beat Walsh in five games. Anyone hear if it is Walsh or Kenston that will lose to Jackson Thursday?
Old 11-03-12, 09:22 PM
All District

TGTBTU257 is on a distinguished road
Kenston going to state

Won in 5 games. Final game 15 13. Awesome match.
Old 11-03-12, 10:36 PM
Freshman

Canton Rep has it wrong, Kenston defeated Walsh
http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-scho...sEnabled=false
Old 11-05-12, 09:21 AM
All District

This week should be special, it's a tremendous experience. good Luck lady polar bears......

CC. I predict that N Canton goes to the Final Four in Basketball, just having some fun with you...

Good luck to all !
Old 11-05-12, 05:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider_99 View Post

As always Coach Walck will have the Polar Bears prepared for the long haul. Playing in November is the Goal but what matters is what will the Ladies do to get there. I have watched this TEAM grow and dominate and there is no sneeking up on anyone in Stark County or anywhere else for that matter. No Pressure!!!

Good Luck to the Coaches, Freshman, JV, and Varsity Players.

GO BEARS!!!
Who said this back on August 1, 2012? It was me!!! GO BEARS!!!

I'm Darksider_99 and I approve this post.
Old 11-05-12, 08:18 PM
All American

ccrunner4815
Quote:
Who said this back on August 1, 2012? It was me!!! GO BEARS!!!

I'm Darksider_99 and I approve this post.
You are kidding right???
Old 11-05-12, 09:50 PM
All American

Quote:
At Jackson tryouts are always competitive and if you are not doing JO's in the off season you are already behind. Players use everytime your on the floor to get better and be coachable. It will payoff in the long run.

As always Coach Walck will have the Polar Bears prepared for the longhaul. Playing in November is the Goal but what matters is what will the Ladies do to get there. I have watched this TEAM grow and dominate and there is no sneeking up on anyone in Stark County or anywhere else for that matter. No Pressure!!!

Good Luck to the Coaches, Freshman, JV, and Varsity Players.

GO BEARS!!!
No CC,

I am not kidding. This what I said and I am responding to my team playing in November in the Nutter Center for a chance to win it all. The most important game is on Thursday. I know Jackson will be focused and not look past Chagrin Falls Kenston.

GO BEARS!!!

I'm Darksider_99 and I approve this post!!!
Old 11-06-12, 11:49 AM
All District

I did not see Kenston play, but wonder how they lost 6 times this year? Tough schedule, to be sure. I have confidence in our Ladies, and in our Coach.

Good luck to all.
Old 11-07-12, 02:14 PM
Freshman

http://www.ohsvca.net/reportscores/v...=285&Submit=GO
Old 11-08-12, 06:54 AM
Freshman

Little Bear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I did not see Kenston play, but wonder how they lost 6 times this year? Tough schedule, to be sure. I have confidence in our Ladies, and in our Coach.

Good luck to all.
Stay strong Polar Bear nation. We all believe in you and the team! Stay in the system, and most of all trust in your teammates as Jeff always states.
Old 11-08-12, 07:22 PM
All District

BEARS WON the first two games tonight. 25-9 then 25-20 One more to go and then on to the Championship on Saturday
Old 11-08-12, 08:01 PM
All District

BEARS WIN in 4 games!!!!! Vs Cincinnati in State Championship on Saturday! GO BEARS