Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 03-21-12, 10:14 PM
Cooling Off

recently is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisRodman View Post
I think the Jets should go all in on Tebow at this point. The only issue is I doubt the Jets locker room/team will accept him like Denver's did. Could make for a rocky time. Horrible situation overall IMO. Jets are retarted.
You can build an offense around him that would be cheap and it can work. Honestly, the Broncos were doing it. You pour the rest of your money into defense. Denver had a good defense.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-12, 10:14 PM
Cooling Off

DennisRodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by recently View Post
Aaron Rodgers was at his best last season when being blitzed up the middle. P. Manning and Brady are also at their best when being rushed. If Sanchez is struggling when being blitzed, that's probably because he's failing to correctly read the defense.
This is another big difference as well. Eli is near as good as it gets against the blitz. That's big.
Old 03-21-12, 10:16 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
His numbers through the first three years are actually very similar to Eli's. But Eli's numbers, outside of this past year never have been anything too impressive. What Eli brings to the table is intangibles, leadership, and he always finds a way to win. At this point Sanchez hasn't shown any of those traits/abilities IMO. To be fair, he is working in a toxic environment.
The bolded is true. His head coach is a clown, and that attitude trickles down through the rest of the team. If I'm Sanchez, I go to the owner and request a trade. The team made it clear they don't have that much faith in you, and you can revive your career somewhere else, maybe. I don't think he has the tools or the intangibles, but he'd be better off trying elsewhere while he's young.
Old 03-21-12, 10:18 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
This is another big difference as well. Eli is near as good as it gets against the blitz. That's big.
Yup. All of those guys are smart though. I don't get the impression that Marky Mark is. However, a new offensive coordinator could help. We'll see. If you're the Jets, you probably go into the season with Sanchez as your #1, but he's on a short lease.
Old 03-21-12, 10:20 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
The bolded is true. His head coach is a clown, and that attitude trickles down through the rest of the team. If I'm Sanchez, I go to the owner and request a trade. The team made it clear they don't have that much faith in you, and you can revive your career somewhere else, maybe. I don't think he has the tools or the intangibles, but he'd be better off trying elsewhere while he's young.
Yeah I'd definitely want to get a fresh start somewhere else if I was Sanchez.
Old 03-21-12, 10:21 PM
Cooling Off

Like I said, they can't pay both of them. Sanchez will make $8 million in 2013 and Tebow $6 million. One of them has to go, and it will likely be Sanchez.
Old 03-21-12, 11:07 PM
Cooling Off

Apparently Tebow chose the Jets over the Jags. I guess he thinks he can go there and win despite Sanchez's contract and the locker room disaster.
Old 03-21-12, 11:09 PM
All American

Past My Prime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you think Sanchez is good? What is that based on, since you seem to have superior football knowledge and common sense? Every advanced metric places him as below average or completely mediocre at best.
Lol "advanced metric." I don't think that Sanchez is a top quarterback. I just think people are stupid for comparing Tebow with Sanchez. Sanchez can play the "I won" card better than Tebow can and contributed more in his wins. He had a bad season in the win-loss column (because his team got much worse), but it was his best season statistically. He had to throw the ball more this year because his line was terrible and had no support from the running game. He also was playing from behind for most of the game because the defense was terrible this season.

No quarterback can win with a bad defense and one, maybe two weapons on offense. Sanchez isn't elite either so it made him seem that much worse.

The person who made the comparison to Eli hit the nail on the head. Before this year people were still calling Eli average at best. If you are in the right system and have amazing tools around you, it makes you look better. (See Cassel, Tebow, Palmer). Eli had an elite defense, good running game, and 3 pro bowl caliber receivers on his team. When Sanchez had 2 of the those 3 things, he was a game away from the super bowl TWICE, beating Brady and Manning with a worse team.

Tebow is a bad quarterback and was a product of the system. He is a poor man's Vince Young. People call him good because he is a good person and because they want to sound smart by overanalyzing things that just aren't there.
Old 03-22-12, 12:12 AM
All Region

lovegreaterthandeath is on a distinguished road
gtfo sanchez
Old 03-22-12, 06:30 AM
Cooling Off

bearcatfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Past My Prime View Post
Praying to God this is true. The Jets do not need Tebow.

Casual fans make Sanchez out to be a lot worse than he really is. Not having an offensive line makes every QB struggle. He did just take his team to the AFC championship two years in a row.
So when the Jets have a good O-line, they go to 2 straight AFC Championships games because "Sanchez takes them there". But when the O-line struggles and they don't make the playoffs, it's all the O-line's fault and not Sanchez's
Old 03-22-12, 08:00 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
So when the Jets have a good O-line, they go to 2 straight AFC Championships games because "Sanchez takes them there". But when the O-line struggles and they don't make the playoffs, it's all the O-line's fault and not Sanchez's
No, very few NFL QB's can overcome a bad offensive line; Peyton Manning and ? are it.
Tebow and Sanchez play in different offensive systems, owners are trying to sell tickets and create publicity; stupid move by the Jets.
Old 03-22-12, 09:13 AM
All American

Quote:
Lol facepalm.
Old 03-22-12, 09:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
No, very few NFL QB's can overcome a bad offensive line; Peyton Manning and ? are it.
Tebow and Sanchez play in different offensive systems, owners are trying to sell tickets and create publicity; stupid move by the Jets.
Tebow will have a wildcat package. They are not changing their system for him he is their new brad smith. But I agree about the publicity and selling tickets. Very dumb move.
Old 03-22-12, 09:30 AM
Cooling Off

A lot of stupid in this thread. I never thought I'd see the day when people are trying to form an argument as to why Sanchez is a good QB.
Old 03-22-12, 09:33 AM
Cooling Off

twbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A lot of stupid in this thread. I never thought I'd see the day when people are trying to form an argument as to why Sanchez is a good QB.
joesports also thinks Colt McCoy is a franchise QB.
Old 03-22-12, 09:38 AM
Cooling Off

Sanchez was so good last year that his DVOA ranked behind greats such as Carson Palmer, Tarvaris Jackson, Dan Orlovsky and Kyle Orton.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

The year before he was awesome enough to at least crack the top 20, but he ranked behind future Hall of Famers like Chad Henne and Sean Hill.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2010

His rookie year was so bad that I won't even link to the rankings. Yeah, Sanchez is definitely an up-and-coming star.
Old 03-22-12, 09:39 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
You just don't get it. Sanchez completed 57% of his passes, which is definitely a solid clip for a third-year QB. You're just a Sanchize!@!@!!!! hater!
Old 03-22-12, 01:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Sanchez was so good last year that his DVOA ranked behind greats such as Carson Palmer, Tarvaris Jackson, Dan Orlovsky and Kyle Orton.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

The year before he was awesome enough to at least crack the top 20, but he ranked behind future Hall of Famers like Chad Henne and Sean Hill.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2010

His rookie year was so bad that I won't even link to the rankings. Yeah, Sanchez is definitely an up-and-coming star.
Lol smh once again missing the point. I'll leave you alone because its obviously a waste of time.

Nobody is saying he had the greatest season last year. People don't need to read a random website with a flawed rating system that nobody uses to understand that. It also doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand that when you don't have time to throw the ball and no running game to fall back on, you are not going to be very successful. Doesn't matter who you are.

The only reason why this season was his best statistically was because they were always losing so they had to try to throw to come from behind.

The previous two years he led his team to the playoffs and they won games because of him. He was an above average QB when it mattered most. He is plenty good when he has time to throw.
Old 03-22-12, 03:04 PM
Cooling Off

bearcatfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Past My Prime View Post
The previous two years he led his team to the playoffs and they won games because of him. He was an above average QB when it mattered most. He is plenty good when he has time to throw.
LOL once again they win games because of him, but lose games because of his O-line

Any QB can win behind a great O-line, strong running game, and excellent defense surrounding him.
Old 03-22-12, 03:21 PM
All Yappi

Clyde Frog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL once again they win games because of him, but lose games because of his O-line

Any QB can win behind a great O-line, strong running game, and excellent defense surrounding him.
See: Dilfer, Trent.
Old 03-22-12, 03:40 PM
All American

Quote:

Lol facepalm.
Old 03-22-12, 04:03 PM
Cooling Off

bearcatfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
See: Dilfer, Trent.
Exactly. Doesn't make you a great, or even good QB.
Old 03-22-12, 05:19 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by twbb View Post
joesports also thinks Colt McCoy is a franchise QB.
Show me one time where I said that! All I have said is I don't know how good he will be. I am just not ready to give up on a QB after his first full season. Young QBs on poor teams struggle all the time. Most of the people just want a new QB, a new coach, or a new GM every year.... Thinking that will improve things ... When history shows the most stable teams with the most consistancy from year to year are much more successful than unstable teams ... But most people on here can't understand that or too stubborn to even consider such a thought. I have consistly shown that QBs that are now considered "franchise QBs" struggled early in there career

Here is another example ... which is better? Both QBs stats after 3 years.

47 games ... 55% comp ... 9,209 yards ... 6.51 ave ... 55 TDs ... 51 INTs ... 73 QBR

41 games ... 54% comp ... 8,049 yards ... 6.31 ave ... 54 TDs ... 44 INTs ... 72 QBR

If every team gave up on young QBs every time the struggled many HOF QBs would have been cut early in their career ... Thank god, GMs are smarter and know the history on young QBs.
Old 03-22-12, 05:34 PM
Cooling Off

You are the one that's too stubborn. Just because someone has similar stats doesn't mean jack. Here's the thing about Colt McCoy that you just refuse to see: his "thing" is that he is supposed to be accurate in the short passing game. That is his thing and he isn't any good at it, now is he?

You want similar stat lines? Try this one:

22 games. 58.6% comp. 3,930 yards. 22 TD. 22 INT. 75.2 QBR.

21 games. 58.4% comp. 4,309 yards. 20 TD. 20 INT. 74.5 QBR.

Tim Couch and Colt McCoy. According to your logic, Colt McCoy's ceiling is Tim Couch.

Last edited by twbb; 03-22-12 at 05:46 PM..
Old 03-22-12, 05:46 PM
All American

Quote:
You are the one that's too stubborn. Just because someone has similar stats doesn't mean jack. Here's the thing about Colt McCoy that you just refuse to see: his "thing" is that he is supposed to be accurate in the short passing game. That is his thing and he isn't any good at it, now is he?
You are right ... I don't want to see his "thing" ... I will leave that to you!
Old 03-22-12, 05:48 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
You are right ... I don't want to see his "thing" ... I will leave that to you!
Christ, real mature. You can't even hold a civil discussion. I mean I could understand if I said something immature first but aren't you like 50+?

Also, check my edit.
Old 03-22-12, 06:50 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Major lulz over people getting butthurt over a Mark Sanchez discussion.
Old 03-22-12, 07:01 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6WzajR2CUM
Old 03-22-12, 10:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Christ, real mature. You can't even hold a civil discussion. I mean I could understand if I said something immature first but aren't you like 50+?

Also, check my edit.
Don't get your panties in a bunch ... It was a joke.

Your stats are just more proof of my point ... Young QBs usually struggle, especially if the talent around them is not great. I fine it humorous that half of the people who dislike McCoy because of his lack of skills wanted to replace him with Matt Flynn who's skill set is at best no better than McCoy's. In fact, Flynn I think is an example of what McCoy could be capable given more time to learn the offense and with an upgrade in talent around him.

As for Sanchez ... It should not be a big surprise that he is struggling ... He is a typical young QB ... Especially when you consider that he really didn't play that much at USC. Sanchez played OK his first couple years because their strong running game took some pressure off of him ... This year without the strong running game just showed that Sanchez is not ready yet to carry a team ... Not many young QBs are.

And my final point, my belief in McCoy is not based on my belief in him as much as my distain for the constant change in the Browns organization. The only thing consistent with them is change ... Every year they get either a new QB, a new coach, or a new GM ... and for once, I would like to see what would happen if all three would stay the same for a few years.
Old 03-23-12, 10:31 AM
Cooling Off

Sanchez is awful.

/discussion