Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-12, 01:17 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvhillbilly76 View Post
Big Three? Bosh a big three? He isn't in the top three of power forwards in the game!!
He's pretty good, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-12, 01:32 PM
Cooling Off

bearcatfan
LOL he thinks you have to be in the top 3 in the league at your position to be considered part of a "big 3" on your own team
Old 02-27-12, 01:35 PM
Fake coolin' off

The funniest part is Bosh is pretty damn good still and he's accepted a diminished role to play on a potentially great team. Not sure how anyone can knock him.
Old 02-27-12, 02:04 PM
Freshman

wvhillbilly76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
LOL he thinks you have to be in the top 3 in the league at your position to be considered part of a "big 3" on your own team
So by your theory to be a "big 3" is to be the three best on your team? If that is the case Charlotte Bobcats have a "big 3" in Gerald Henderson, Corey Maggette and DJ Augustin. Your theory doesn't work. My point is to be part of a "big 3" you must be an elite player not a semi-elite in Bosh.
Old 02-27-12, 02:06 PM
Cooling Off

twbb is on a distinguished road
According to your definition.
Old 02-27-12, 02:09 PM
Freshman

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman....Bird, Mchale, Parish....Magic, Kareem, Worthy....Lebron, Wade, AND BOSH???....Bosh you feel like a fish out of water?
Old 02-27-12, 02:10 PM
Cooling Off

Again, according to your definition.

I'm sure you were bothered by this when KG and Ray Allen were brought to Boston, huh?
Old 02-27-12, 02:14 PM
Freshman

There is no debate that in their prime the Celtics big 3 are better than the current Heat's big 3.
Old 02-27-12, 02:17 PM
Cooling Off

They never played together in their prime, so your post has no relevance.
Old 02-27-12, 02:23 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Jordan, Pippen, Rodman....Bird, Mchale, Parish....Magic, Kareem, Worthy....Lebron, Wade, AND BOSH???....Bosh you feel like a fish out of water?
I think Bosh fits in there perfectly. Better PER than Worthy and Rodman; compares decently with McHale on scoring and rebounding.
Old 02-27-12, 02:24 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by twbb View Post
Okay you got a point. Bird, Mchale, and Parish or the Heat big 3? Magic, Kareem, and Worthy or the Heat big 3? Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman or the Heat big 3? Now be honest they are not in the same league? Here is more of a comparison 1993 Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, and Dan Majerle. Now they werre at the current Heat's level.
Old 02-27-12, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

OCVCpounder4 is on a distinguished road
Look how good Toronto was before and after Bosh left to see how good he was. Playoff team to one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Old 02-27-12, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Okay you got a point. Bird, Mchale, and Parish or the Heat big 3? Magic, Kareem, and Worthy or the Heat big 3? Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman or the Heat big 3? Now be honest they are not in the same league? Here is more of a comparison 1993 Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, and Dan Majerle. Now they werre at the current Heat's level.
Sorry, but I think your comparison to the Heat and the Suns' "Big 3" of Barkley, Johnson and Majerle is a real reach. Barkley was elite. James and Wade are elite, sure-fire Hall of Famers. Johnson was a very good PG, but likely a longshot to make the Hall of Fame. Majerle? Come on. Won't sniff the HOF (each of them played in three-all-star games in 11 and 14 seasons respectively). Bosh is closer to getting there than either Johnson or Majerle, and this comes from someone who can't stand James, Wade and Bosh; a Cavs fans who remembers Johnson and Majerle well when they played here and felt they were class acts.

But I'm a realist. While I don't put Bosh in the same conversation as James and Wade, he's an all-star caliber player (6 AS game selections in 8 aseasons) who stepped up with some big games when Wade was out, meaning he is still capable of putting up Toronto numbers when he needs to. He's fit in better than I thought after being the number one option for the Raptors.
Old 02-27-12, 06:07 PM
Cooling Off

bearcatfan
Quote:
Here is more of a comparison 1993 Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, and Dan Majerle. Now they werre at the current Heat's level.
Old 02-27-12, 10:33 PM
All World

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Winner.
Old 02-28-12, 07:42 PM
All Ohio

woolfman
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVCpounder4 View Post
Look how good Toronto was before and after Bosh left to see how good he was. Playoff team to one of the worst teams in the NBA.
Toronto is following Cleveland's strategy from last year. If you lose a superstar, why not lose em all and go for the #1 pick. The fans will give you a break for a year since you lost so much.

there is very little motivation for toronto to win.
Old 03-01-12, 11:07 PM
Fake coolin' off

You can't stop Wade and James in transition....scary good.
Old 03-02-12, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Hurri-Comet is on a distinguished road
Heat 107 - Blazers 93 Game ended late, real late. Double header last night Solon moved to Bedford District final over Maple Hts. Solon vs. Shaker Hts. Saturday for final, winner to Canton.

James and Wade both score over 30 points. And they outscore teammates 71-36, Wade had 22 at the half again. LBJ ends up with 38-11 reb- 6 assists- 5 steals. Wade 33- 10 assists-2 steals, Haslem his 4rth double-double, Bosh not in the bldg., his grandmother passed.

Heat now have 9 straight games won by over 12 plus points that ties an all-time NBA record. Heat play in Salt Lake tonight. Lakers Sunday.
Old 03-02-12, 10:26 AM
All World

LeroyJethroGibbs is on a distinguished road
LeBron (35 pts, 11 reb, 6 ast, 5 stl, 0 TO): 1st player since TO were tracked in 77-78 with 35 pts, 10 reb, 5 ast, 5 stl & NO TO.
Old 03-02-12, 10:39 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyJethroGibbs View Post
LeBron (35 pts, 11 reb, 6 ast, 5 stl, 0 TO): 1st player since TO were tracked in 77-78 with 35 pts, 10 reb, 5 ast, 5 stl & NO TO.
Yeah, he's pretty good at basketball.
Old 03-02-12, 10:39 AM
Cooling Off

That's incredible, thanks for sharing, Leroy.

Yo Hurri, did you happen to see that quote I put in here from that ESPN article? I wanted to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 03-02-12, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/s...review-display

Who knew John Hollinger read Yappi and plagiarized?! Who knew he was from Cincinnati?!?!
Great, what is he plagiarizing? Me? The article was fine with me, and so he wrote Wade is a sidekick. Big deal. Who cares if he is from Cincy, or Paducah? Personally I love Cincinnati. Newport, Covington, I certainly "spent" enough time there.
Old 03-02-12, 05:07 PM
Cooling Off

No no. He is plagiarizing me and ep and DR and others. We said Wade was a sidekick. And big deal? You made a big deal when we said he was a sidekick. You obviously care he is from Cincy! Because he is just a Wade hater, obviously he is from Cincy!
Old 03-02-12, 11:35 PM
Fake coolin' off

Wade really f'd up the end of this game.
Old 03-03-12, 12:00 AM
All World

LeroyJethroGibbs is on a distinguished road
Yup, fouled the jump shooter twice in the last two minutes and missed a free throw. Too bad because Lebron's 4th quarter was ridiculous.
Old 03-03-12, 07:46 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
The heat lost and wade and james lost the game.
Old 03-03-12, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

James had great quarter and didn't take the last shot? He sent it to Haslem? Just keep coming after me guys and gals, evidently that's really all you care about. Sidekick? I don't even remember that one. I know you will bring it up with a quote.

Go Heat, but this thread is coming close to an end. It's not about the Heat, or Wade, or James, it's just about hate, trolling, internet bullying, and wasted time.

Now I see why young people kill themselves over internet hate.

What a shame.
Old 03-03-12, 09:39 AM
Cooling Off

DennisRodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurri-Comet View Post
James had great quarter and didn't take the last shot? He sent it to Haslem? Just keep coming after me guys and gals, evidently that's really all you care about. Sidekick? I don't even remember that one. I know you will bring it up with a quote.

Go Heat, but this thread is coming close to an end. It's not about the Heat, or Wade, or James, it's just about hate, trolling, internet bullying, and wasted time.

Now I see why young people kill themselves over internet hate.

What a shame.
Is this a joke? No one even mentioned you. You have McGal-level paranoia going on right now. You're attachment to Wade is fcking weird.
Old 03-03-12, 09:42 AM
Fly Eagles Fly

Richelieu is on a distinguished road
I feel that LeBron made the right play. Any shot he would have taken would not have been a good shot. He was double-teamed and was off balance going to his left. Udonis Haslem is a knock-down jump shooter from 15 feet, and he was wide open. LeBron made the right play, and if Haslem had made the shot, he would have been praised for it. Think back to Jordan's pass to Steve Kerr in Game 6 of the 1997 Finals; Kerr drained the shot, and Jordan was praised for the play.

This ongoing debate about who is going to take a last shot is idiotic. You don't determine a "last shot" purely by who you have on a team. Circumstances--particularly matchups--play a big part as well. Yes, a team wants that great player who can create his own shot, but that doesn't mean he has to always take that last shot. Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant are the best closers who have played in my lifetime, and they all had times when the last shot ended up being taken by someone else. Why? Because that person was both open and had the skill necessary to take that shot, and because the shot the closer would have had to try would have been ill-advised.

I remember a game that Bill Walton did some time ago. For the life of me, I can't remember who was playing. I think it might have been Game 7 of the Lakers-Kings in 2002. Anyway, the play-by-play guy asked Walton who should take the last shot. Walton immediately fired back, "Whoever is open!"
Old 03-03-12, 09:45 AM
Cooling Off

Hurri, don't commit suicide. I am sure there are plenty of people who love you.
Closed Thread