Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Notices

Old 12-28-09, 03:06 PM
Freshman

Best Unsigned Senior Baseball Player in Ohio?

Who are the best unsigned senior baseball players for 2010? Let's try to get these kids some PUB!!!! Their time is running out.......
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-09, 07:19 PM
All Region

Someone is looking for recruits...
Old 12-30-09, 09:32 AM
All Region

Since I follow Lebanon.... I think Alex Arovits is still unsigned. A 6'2" 185 lb athletic freak. The kid has potential oozing from his pores. Had he played football and basketball since grade school, you would be reading about Dusty Isaacs AND Alex being 3 sport stars on the front page of the DDN.

Alex struggled with the glove at SS in HS last year, but he looked good during the summer season. Plus, he can hit for average and power, and his arm is strong. I don't know about his academics.
Old 01-01-10, 12:44 PM
Junior Varsity

Here are some kids from the GCL that I think are unsigned as of now but will definitely be getting scholarships.

Selby Chidemo Elder High School... INF. Has good speed and is pretty good at the plate as well.

Cody Makin Elder High School... 1B. Good size about 6'5, nice swing from the left side

Craig Hyson McNicholas High School 1B,OF.. 6'1, great swing from the left side of the plate

Scott Purcell... Badin High School, 3B... Winner, Good size at about 6'4 been apart of those great teams at Badin

Tom White St. Xavier High School... P throws about 83-86, Tall and lanky 6'4
Old 01-05-10, 02:16 AM
All Region

A.J. Wilson 1B/LHP... Good left handed pitcher, throws about 82 but hides the ball very well. Remarkable glove at first base as well as a nice left handed stroke. Hits more for power than average but still a potential NAIA kind of guy,
Old 01-11-10, 07:34 AM
Freshman

Dan Thompson 6'0 170 infield played great last season for centerville 1st team all gwoc but idk much more about the kid
Old 01-11-10, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Cameron Palmer, Canton McKinley H. S. 6'3", 195 lbs. RHP/1st base. Cam is a freak who can run and throws 90+! Played in the fall for the Midwest Redbirds! He is legit!!
Old 04-16-10, 03:39 PM
Freshman

Ohiocoaches

Cameron Palmer Runs A 6.6 60 Timed At Atlanta Braves Tryout Summer 2009 90 Mph Plus Fast Ball ,the Kid Is A Clean Up Batter Average 500. And Above . He Is Also A Catcher But Had To Give It Up To Pitch .Really Have Not Seen Him Catch But Have Been Told He Is Top 5 In State. He Also Attended Chicago White Sox Area Code Tryout Summer 2009 Invites Only And Blew Them Away .this Kid Has 6 Major League Teams Looking At Him And All The Big Ten And Big 12 D1 Scouts . This Young Man Is No Joke The Team He Inks With Will Jump For Joy .
Old 04-16-10, 07:23 PM
All District

What the heck with starting everything with a capital

letter? You used to post under another name. Really an annoying way to post.
Old 04-17-10, 07:57 AM
Varsity

Jake Forrester from Colerain.Jake batting avg 475.Jake a catcher that can block any pitch and work ethic is unreal.A leader on and off the field
Old 04-19-10, 06:59 PM
All Region

I'm telling you guys.... from what I've seen, the best unsigned senior in southwest Ohio right now is Alex Arovits from Lebanon. Hands down. If there is a better unsigned player out there right now, I'd like to see him. Alex is a 5 tool player. He's hitting nearly .500 on the year, and has 4 HRs through 14 games (not just squeakers, but HIGH and DEEP HR's). He has a great glove, range, strong arm, and is fast/smart on the basepaths. All I can say is... check him out if you disbelieve.
Old 04-29-10, 01:44 PM
Junior Varsity

Cory Bohache from Oakwood

Since I see you are from Kettering...

Cory Bohache from Oakwood is having a tremendous senior season, great bat, home runs, triples found a new position at 1st. tall - 6'4", thin, fast, and very talented academically.
Old 04-29-10, 02:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI89 View Post
Since I follow Lebanon.... I think Alex Arovits is still unsigned. A 6'2" 185 lb athletic freak. The kid has potential oozing from his pores. Had he played football and basketball since grade school, you would be reading about Dusty Isaacs AND Alex being 3 sport stars on the front page of the DDN.

Alex struggled with the glove at SS in HS last year, but he looked good during the summer season. Plus, he can hit for average and power, and his arm is strong. I don't know about his academics.
Just heard he was offered by EKU... Congrats Alex....
Old 04-29-10, 05:09 PM
All World

Cody Leichman-Trenton Edgewood. 6'4 range, 200 plus I would say. Hits left,throws right. Strong young man. Athletic.
Old 04-30-10, 12:31 PM
All District

Tyrone Howell, SS, from Cincinnati Withrow has very good hands and speed. Solid ball player
Old 04-30-10, 02:00 PM
Varsity

90 mph fastball??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocoaches View Post
Cameron Palmer Runs A 6.6 60 Timed At Atlanta Braves Tryout Summer 2009 90 Mph Plus Fast Ball ,the Kid Is A Clean Up Batter Average 500. And Above . He Is Also A Catcher But Had To Give It Up To Pitch .Really Have Not Seen Him Catch But Have Been Told He Is Top 5 In State. He Also Attended Chicago White Sox Area Code Tryout Summer 2009 Invites Only And Blew Them Away .this Kid Has 6 Major League Teams Looking At Him And All The Big Ten And Big 12 D1 Scouts . This Young Man Is No Joke The Team He Inks With Will Jump For Joy .
Cameron Palmer is a great player and I think he will go along way, but I question that he is still throwing 90 mph. I saw him pitch against Jackson, and Jackson scored 10 runs in 5 innings on him. Granted, Jackson is a decent team, but if he pitches at the next level, he will see great players all of the time.

I want to emphasize that I am not trying to bash him. I think he is a great player and his hitting statistics show it. His speed and size are given. He projects to be a great player, but if he threw 90 last year, I am not sure he is right now. He may be a bit overworked as he is the best player on his team. I think he will be some sort of position player after high school, but not a pitcher. Who knows -- I might be completely wrong.

Whatever happens for him, I wish him the best. He carries himself very well and seems like a good young man.
Old 04-30-10, 02:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by First and Goal View Post
Just heard he was offered by EKU... Congrats Alex....
yes, he got a very good offer. Congratulations to Alex.

Alex is an unusual talent that has somehow managed to stay under the radar screen. He's 6'2" 190 pounds, strong and thick as an ox, fast on the basepaths, quick hands, smooth swing, power, average, great glove, strong arm, the whole package. I can't wait to watch him play in college. He is a legitimate 5 tool player and is a much better fielder than his defensive stats indicate. Some local D1 schools will be sorry they passed on him. He doesn't turn 18 till August and in two years he'll be 6'3" and 220.

There are three players on that LHS team that deserve recognition: Arovits (likely EKU), Isaacs (Georgia Tech), and Matt Allen (OSU, no baseball). Once the GWOC site is updated you will see that they are all three hitting around .450 and together on the mound they are 10 - 3 with around 2.00 ERA's or less, with 8 or 9 complete games. The only reason I can see that Allen isn't getting the same degree of attention as Isaacs or Arovits is he is mainly a singles hitter and has decided not to play college baseball. If he had 3 or 4 HR's this year you would be reading about him too.

I hope LHS stays healthy the rest of the way and have peak during the playoffs. Now, if they can manage to beat 'Boro next week....
Old 04-30-10, 02:24 PM
All Region

Not so sure about the "stats" on palmer....very good player, but not sure about 90 mph or 6.6 in the 60....I know how "prospect camps" are...

I watched him last night. He beat Perry but only becuase they couldn't hit when they needed it. Perry left 9 runners in scoring position and lost 11-8. Palmer's "fastball" was no where near 90 and in the two games with Perry he was thrown out on the bases 3 times. 6.6 in the 60 does not equal speed on the bases....several parents even commented how slow he looks running the bases.

Where ever he goes to college he needs to learn some control on the mound...if he walks 8-10 batters in college like he did last night he's in trouble.

Still, i'd take him on any team I've ever had.
Old 05-04-10, 11:50 PM
Freshman

Mike Deitsch from finneytown. He is a very solid pitcher
Old 05-05-10, 11:23 AM
Freshman

Alex Nofziger from Defiance High School. Centerfield that can get an excellent jump on a ball. Plus he is one the fastest off the plate.
Old 05-13-10, 11:30 AM
Freshman

Alex Lilley from Fairmont without a doubt should be mentioned. Leading the GWOC by far in strike outs and a .87 ERA after pitching 48.1 innings. He's a lefty with the ability to make you hit HIS pitch which obviously doesn't work well for his opponents.

Player of the year in the GWOC Central. He should be scooped up real fast with stats like that I would hope.
Old 05-13-10, 02:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbFann10 View Post
Alex Lilley from Fairmont without a doubt should be mentioned. Leading the GWOC by far in strike outs and a .87 ERA after pitching 48.1 innings. He's a lefty with the ability to make you hit HIS pitch which obviously doesn't work well for his opponents.

Player of the year in the GWOC Central. He should be scooped up real fast with stats like that I would hope.

It's ridiculous that he hasn't been picked up by a program somewhere. The article in the DDN said his size hurts him (5'8"), and his velocity (tops out in the low 80s). But I love what his coach says "you don't have to throw hard to get guys out". He's right! Lilley is an example of a "pitcher", not a thrower. He locates and keeps hitters off balance. Great combination.