Click here

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Ellet Orangemen

Notices

Old 08-07-07, 06:33 PM
All District

linebacker05 is on a distinguished road
Ellet's year? maybe its possible

ellet can go 10-0 if they stay healthy, i say 8-2 at worse for this team of talented seniors, My key reasons why:
Chad Keppler: 6'4 220 pounds, started on teams that were 7-3, 8-2, 8-2
Aaron Byard: i think he is 6' 200 pounds, because he was big and right on my but when i was a senior, he plays linebacker and 3rd year starting, yost will play him at full back if he has to
Paris Wicks: second team all city his sophemore year and didnt even start, his junior year he was sidelined all year with an injury, but he is strong and fast just what ellet needs to get by buchtel and tallmage
Hamad: started in place of wicks and did a good job, him and wicks will be the tandom in the city if both are healthy, as well as byard getting worked in at fullback it could get nasty
Recievers: a skinny boy with good hands is back, because my senior year he was already getting looked at for varsity consideration so that could set things up nice
Offensive line: is much more size then years before, yost finally put his cheeseburger eaters and cornbread eatin boys on the line, which can make wicks that much better, as well as kep time throw
Defensive line: is tough, and they have some size now,
Linebackers: led by a three year starter, thats all i need to say
Speed: is all there, since a speed coach yost installed 3 years ago, ellet has gotton much faster
Old 08-08-07, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Take It 2 Tha Bank is on a distinguished road
If Keppler weighs 220, That dude cannot weigh more than a buck 80. I also doubt he is 6'4, but maybe he grew 2 or 3 inches over the winter and spring.
Old 08-08-07, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

Now that Ellet has a 2-game winning streak against Garfield, they don't even get mentioned. Cool.
Old 08-09-07, 05:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take It 2 Tha Bank View Post
Now that Ellet has a 2-game winning streak against Garfield, they don't even get mentioned. Cool.
garfield is no one to write off your right, they have always some potential, kepp is 6'4 and he was 205 at the end of last season and im sure coach yost bulked him up, that was the weight d-1 schools wanna see him at, so im sure he is 220 or close to it, and i think ellet has improved and they will take it to the house, on teams if you underestimate them they can play some ball, it will be actually interesting to see how the season plays out, with buchtel in d-2, region 5 with tallmage, and ellet there. It will be like a 3 ring circus of points if one beats one another lol, but one or the other will make the playoffs between buchtel and ellet, depending on who wins, maybe but buchtel i think has massilon in week 7 so actually i take that back lol i dont know lol we will see go orangemen, a long awaited shot at the playoffs
Old 08-16-07, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
LB05',

I'm glad you got things started over hear on the Ellet threads, and maybe some the fatefull will follow you, but Region 5 is loaded with talented D2 schools. It's just not Tallmadge, Buchtel and Ellet. Check out the region and see.
Old 08-19-07, 11:24 AM
Freshman

Orange N White14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Orange N White14
keppler is 6'3" 210 what skinny boy with good hands are you talking about?
Old 08-22-07, 09:03 PM
Varsity

Emperior Ming is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it that Wicks hurt his ankle. That would be a big blow for the Orangmen!
Old 08-25-07, 04:52 PM
All District

he was out this week, with a soar ankle I think

That would hurt the orangemen if he is out. Hopefully it is just a soar ankle and he gets into the zone against an over rated tallmadge team
Old 08-26-07, 08:31 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post
That would hurt the orangemen if he is out. Hopefully it is just a soar ankle and he gets into the zone against an over rated tallmadge team
Believe me, Tallmadge would much rather be the underdog. Say over rated all year long for all we care. We've been hearing it for years as we have rolled up 3 SL titles in a row, 3 playoff appearances in a row, and 2 final 4 state appearances. Oh yeah...and slapped Ellet around while we were at it.

Over rated? I like it. Let's see what Friday night brings
Old 08-31-07, 01:43 PM
All American

Bdevil4life
I hope Wicks is not hurt, then you won't have an excuse
Old 09-01-07, 12:34 AM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Quote:
Originally Posted by linebacker05 View Post

Overrated Tallmadge wins. Worse called game, by the refs, I have ever seen, even at Ellet.

Overrated? That's what I thought about the QB. If he gets an offer from any DI school he should take it immediately, whoever it is. Pakan outplayed him tonight and he didn't do that well.

Ellet will be lucky to beat Garfield, Buchtel or Firestone. I haven't seen those teams play yet, but from what I saw tonight, Ellet finishes no better than fourth this year in the City with their "best team ever".
Old 09-01-07, 09:51 AM
All District

correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPride86 View Post
Overrated Tallmadge wins. Worse called game, by the refs, I have ever seen, even at Ellet.

Overrated? That's what I thought about the QB. If he gets an offer from any DI school he should take it immediately, whoever it is. Pakan outplayed him tonight and he didn't do that well.

Ellet will be lucky to beat Garfield, Buchtel or Firestone. I haven't seen those teams play yet, but from what I saw tonight, Ellet finishes no better than fourth this year in the City with their "best team ever".
Is tallmadge really that good. It seems as if they are solid, because they beat a solid ellet team. Ellet held it down well enough to not go out and say ellet will be a 4th place team in the city. When you match up two solid teams the score will not be as high. When tallmadge played the falls this season,,,,they still played a d-1 school. When tallmadge played ellet this season,,,, they still played a team returning two 8-2 seasons with alot of players back. So i apologize for calling tallmadge overrated. As for GRpride, just because you watched ellet loose a hard faught battle, got you thinking ellet will lose in the city. Sorry charlie, ellet will not loose to firestone and garfield. I cant give garfield any credit and for a few reasons. They beat a copley team that will probally mass up to 3 wins this season. They played their hearts out against hoban and lost to a team that just got shut out by walsh. Walsh is good, but i do see hoban better than that blow out. Garfield is your average 5-5 or 6-4 this season. They do have a monster at devensive end and tight end. Great player! Buchtel held tough against stuebenville, now if you know anything about stuebenville. I say thats a good sign for the griffs. I might just go out and see a rams game this season. I like what they are doing, I just dont see them beating ellet or firestone this season. I also want to see that defensive end at garfield.
Old 09-01-07, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Didn't Buchtel get their butts handed to them by that pretty good Walsh team?

I sticking to my prediction, Garfield, Firestone and Buchtel all beat Ellet this year.
Old 09-04-07, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

Tha Bank thinks Ellet and Tallmadge are both overrated, right now. Tallmadge may live up to their hype, but they have a long way to go. THE BJ has a vendetta to sell more papers in Tallmadge, hence their #1 ranking., Walsh is the best team in Summit County, hands down right now. Ellet will lose 3 games this year.
Old 09-04-07, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Tallmadge is overrated by the ABJ, not by the Tallmadge faithful. Everyone in Tallmadge knows what this team is capable of and wishes that the ABJ would have never put them at that high of a ranking.

Walsh is the best team in Summit County right know, hands down.
Old 09-06-07, 01:56 PM
Freshman

Squirrel Bait is on a distinguished road
all i hear about is how good this running back from ellet is, but i dont see any stats from him. is he hurt again?? geez, this guy must be softer than the pillsbury doughboy! but then, he is playing at ellet, it must rub off.
Old 09-11-07, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Squirrel,

Love your name, and you have hit the nail on the head. I posed this question on another thread, and have yet to hear from some Orange faithful.
Old 09-15-07, 02:02 PM
All District

Grpride, Frecriss, and all the other pessimist

With or without wicks ellet finds the ways to win, a squeeze win over the falls, a squeeze win over the griffs, but all that matters is ellet is 3-1. Ellet faught hard as heck against a tough tallmadge team,and had many opportunitys to take that game. Ellet is better then you guys think. GRpride saying ellet is 4th in city at best, you must be on some crack. Frecriss, revere beat barberton, and didnt firestone beat Revere? wow you guys crack me up. Yes wicks is hurt but guess what they are winning without him
Old 09-17-07, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

Ellet wins at Buchtel, and now they only have Firestone in their way. Tha Bank thinks Wicks is soft and is like tissue paper. Can he ever play a couple games in a season?
Old 09-20-07, 02:01 PM
All District

I hope

Quote:
Ellet wins at Buchtel, and now they only have Firestone in their way. Tha Bank thinks Wicks is soft and is like tissue paper. Can he ever play a couple games in a season?
Ellet might need him this week, but ellet did rush over 200 yards on a speedy buchtel defense. I say ellet beats firestone with or without wicks. Ellet has an experienced quarterback who knows how to win, and im sure he will find a way to win, even if it is by 1 point.
Old 09-21-07, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

Tha Bank agree that Ellet iwl win this week, but it will be a tough one. What up with tissue-paper Wicks?
Old 09-24-07, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

Well, everyone thought once Ellet beat Buchtel it was cash in Tha Bank.... Firestone put it to Ellet physically and al around. Ellet had chances to score, but didn't get the job done when they were in the red zone. One thing that Tha Bank will say for Ellet, and everyone who has watched them, they will never quit. they play hard all the time.
Old 09-24-07, 10:25 AM
All District

True that

Quote:
Well, everyone thought once Ellet beat Buchtel it was cash in Tha Bank.... Firestone put it to Ellet physically and al around. Ellet had chances to score, but didn't get the job done when they were in the red zone. One thing that Tha Bank will say for Ellet, and everyone who has watched them, they will never quit. they play hard all the time.

There is only a few things I can give coach yost credit for. He knows he to keep his teams enthused week in and week out. Ellet will bounce back. They are a injured team. They can get it back. They just cant let the small things get in the way. They need to score some points! they cant get points running the ball. They need to air the ball out some more. They need to spread their fast running backs out and throw the ball deep to them. They are the only ones on that team with downfield speed.
Old 09-24-07, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

But wait, Tha Bank heard you say they have all this team speed to keep up with the Griffs, so where is it? Everyone has injuries this time of year. Adversity, how do you react to it? The Orangemen could be in real trouble over the next few weeks.
Old 09-24-07, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86
Where is Paris Wicks? I haven't seen him actually play in a game since his Soph. year against Tallmadge? If you have no stats, how can you possibly get any type of scholarship.
Old 09-25-07, 07:34 AM
All Yappi

Exactly what THa Bank has bee nasking. HEre is a kid that is hyped to be the best back in the city series, and he has played about 4 downs all year long, and only played about 3 or 4 games last year. While he may be a really good back,. how can anyone judge him if he is never on the field? If you ask Tha Bank, this player has had only one game worth noting, and that was against Garfield in 2005, when Garfield did more to make him look good by missing about 50 tackles than anything he did.

Once again, not blasting him, but when all you hear is how great a bakc someone is, and they are never able to play, how can one judge his ability, let alone offer a scholarship?
Old 09-27-07, 09:06 PM
Varsity

Sportsfan914 is on a distinguished road
not much anymore!
Old 10-01-07, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

Well, Tha Bank said that Ellet would lose 3 games this year, and they have. linebacker, where you at? Tha Bank's only question is, Will Ellet lose 4? they have North this week. North appears to be pretty physical with the running game, and Ellet will probably have to throw for 300 to beat North. Tha Bank predicts that they wil lose 4, but get by North this weekend. University School will get Ellet, Tha Bank believes.
Old 10-01-07, 08:08 PM
All District

chopblock
I agree ellet goes 6-4 this year.
Old 10-05-07, 07:59 AM
All Yappi

They could go 5-5 also, University School will beat them, and they have it tough this week with North.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: